Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Hall of Shame

Hall of Shame There are lots of cruel and inconsiderate people out there. Expose their cruel deeds to the world and let them be shamed!

Old 04-22-2009, 03:28 PM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation
Default Re: Campaign Stop puppy and kitten Backyard breeder do trade through Pet Shop

I can see animal shelters and adoption organizations across the Malaysia If they know Campaign Stop puppy and kitten Backyard breeder do trade through Pet Shop. They going support too, If they genuine like ANdy and Ezer make a Petfindermy planform an on-line, searchable database of homeless animals that need homes. But too bad some user using as promotion the Pet shop business as concern with title.

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:06 PM
Gentle Giant

Coony is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Campaign Stop puppy and kitten Backyard breeder do trade through Pet Shop

That right no responsible breeder will sell their breeding to a middleman & definitely not knowing who they are going to. I don't care if they are reputable breeder if they do such practice they are just like any BYB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nivek View Post
Dogs and cats sitting in pigeon holes for sale are the worst place to obtain your pets. Proper and ethical breeders would be able to tell you the following : sire & dam, temperament, build, bloodlines, size at maturity, minimal defect (as they are bred for perfection rather than for $$$), MKA certs, microchipped, etc etc. something which any petshop who obtains from BYB can't do.

If you are seriously looking for purebreeds, do your homework and search for a proper breeder. Look at the food they feed, how they exercise their dogs, how they train, how the dogs are housed in kennels etc then compare against the pet shops. Real breeders will not sell to anyone and you will be evaluated on whether you are qualified to take home their puppies. The choice is clear

Best Maine Coon Cattery in CFA ID Asia/LA since 2004
The only Maine Coon cattery with 3 DM, 3 Top Ten MCO National & produce the most GC/GP (30) & DW (12) in CFA ID Asia/LA
Old 04-22-2009, 07:43 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Campaign Stop puppy and kitten Backyard breeder do trade through Pet Shop

Started to spread the story now. I have stopped buying from Petshop selling animals after witnessed with my own eyes how they treat a puppy

Seems Kimi knows this peshop in Desa Pandan.Must find out what is the name of this petshop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog is my buddy View Post
June,
that is great to heard that "I wish I have all the money in the world so that I can rescue them"
June still have another way, all you can do is inform to forum members for should stop order anything from this kind pet shop. Boycott stores that sell dogs and cats. Tell them that you are taking your business elsewhere until they stop selling dogs and cats. You do it!
Old 04-23-2009, 12:00 AM
PetFinder Moderator

We start search from out side to inside. Main page to forum.
At main page Pets For Sale section Listing Results 1 - 10 of All Pets For Sale, All Ages total 26 page. each page slot 8 animals waiting someone order, 8 is for sell, total have 8 x 26=208 animals. How many is from Backyard breeder do trade through Pet Shop?

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:02 AM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

Yup, let's search from Petfinder home page at the main section, and all the way into the forum, under Petshop.

Quote:
We start search from out side to inside. Main page to forum.
At main page Pets For Sale section Listing Results 1 - 10 of All Pets For Sale, All Ages total 26 page. each page slot 8 animals waiting someone order, 8 is for sell, total have 8 x 26=208 animals. How many is from Backyard breeder do trade through Pet Shop?
Old 04-23-2009, 02:46 AM
Animal Lover

eclipse is an unknown quantity at this point

i think all of you should look at this http://www.puppiesdreamland.com/aboutus.html
Clearly a puppy mill.
Why can't we do anything about it?
Old 04-23-2009, 09:50 AM
Animal Lover

kimimaro84 is on a distinguished road

My friend's friend is selling puppies, i dun think he get from reputable breeders. He sells those exotic types like huskies, golden retriever, poddle, and many more for a fee of RM1k - 2K. Hes a tarik kereta punya orang n kaki pukul. He promotes it in universities and colleges, so alot ppl come n buy. Problem is when ppl see a cute puppy they will juz buy it, most of the time it never come across their mind where this animals come from?wats their history?does it has a cert?

When something like dat happens, wat can u do? need to educate ppl to boycott. And need to find effective way. Like perhaps educate ppl what they need to know before they get a dog. List down the breed, has it been vaccinated, whose the mama, whose the papa, bring them to see the mama and papa. wats its medical history n so on.

anyway i support wat u doin DIMB, i'll my best to try to spread the word n educate my other frens
Old 04-23-2009, 09:52 AM
Animal Lover

kimimaro84 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Started to spread the story now. I have stopped buying from Petshop selling animals after witnessed with my own eyes how they treat a puppy

Seems Kimi knows this peshop in Desa Pandan.Must find out what is the name of this petshop.
i will look at it this weekend , erm wat bout those in like midvalley, ikano n so on?
Old 04-23-2009, 11:27 AM
PetFinder Moderator

Here have some basic thing need to know for Campaign Stop puppy and kitten Backyard breeder do trade through Pet Shop.

Encouraging impulse buys.

People that have researched a breed of dog purchase their new dog from private, reputable breeders or breed rescues. They don't go to pet stores where puppies are bought by people who have more money (or credit) than sense.
Simply because someone can monetarily afford a dog or cat doesn't mean they can in the long run, nor does it mean they have the knowledge to properly care for it. When a pet is bought without any research or planning, the results are rarely happy. Many of these animals end up in animal shelters (accounting for the 25% purebreed rate in shelters).

WHAT YOU CAN DO

NEVER buy a puppy or kitten from a pet store. There are thousands of dogs and cats already in need of homes. Do the right thing and adopt from local shelters. You can find the perfect pet for you by visiting Petfinder.my

Old 04-23-2009, 11:28 AM
PetFinder Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse View Post
i think all of you should look at this http://www.puppiesdreamland.com/aboutus.html
Clearly a puppy mill.
Why can't we do anything about it?
WHAT YOU CAN DO

NEVER buy a puppy or kitten from a pet store. There are thousands of dogs and cats already in need of homes. Do the right thing and adopt from local shelters. You can find the perfect pet for you by visiting Petfinder.my

Old 04-23-2009, 11:34 AM
PetFinder Moderator

Kimi,
It is support to whole people who decided against this Backyard breeder do trade through Pet Shop. One hand cannot done, many hand might be done.
you see the main page and forum here, see how many number have this
business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimimaro84 View Post
My friend's friend is selling puppies, i dun think he get from reputable breeders. He sells those exotic types like huskies, golden retriever, poddle, and many more for a fee of RM1k - 2K. Hes a tarik kereta punya orang n kaki pukul. He promotes it in universities and colleges, so alot ppl come n buy. Problem is when ppl see a cute puppy they will juz buy it, most of the time it never come across their mind where this animals come from?wats their history?does it has a cert?

When something like dat happens, wat can u do? need to educate ppl to boycott. And need to find effective way. Like perhaps educate ppl what they need to know before they get a dog. List down the breed, has it been vaccinated, whose the mama, whose the papa, bring them to see the mama and papa. wats its medical history n so on.

anyway i support wat u doin DIMB, i'll my best to try to spread the word n educate my other frens

Old 04-23-2009, 11:39 AM
PetFinder Moderator

June,
That was good to heard. For reduce pet overpopulation for pet rescuers, fosterers and adopters to assist homeless dogs and cats in seeking a proper home. Need decided against the sale of puppies and kittens. Since you have many cat friends, tell them about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post

Old 04-23-2009, 05:15 PM
Pet Epicurean

aliciahorsley is on a distinguished road

in order to stop bybs and puppy/kitten mills though, reliable and ethical breeders must make themselves more visible and easy to find. i don't think there is any harm in promoting your cattery/kennel as long as you do the right thing by your animals.

visit catbreedermalaysia.wordpress.com to see a list of registered cat breeders. this does not mean they are ethical but at least the are registered, and you can call them, ask to visit and see for yourself how they treat their animals. if it doesn't look right, please tell us via the website AND petfinder. that will make it harder ppl to hide behind petshops etc.
Our pets eat PINK raw food
Old 04-23-2009, 05:36 PM
PetFinder Moderator

Alicie,
Is great have you here, Thank you for support Campaign Stop puppy and kitten Backyard breeder do trade through Pet Shop. We going live interview to forum members who have do pet shop business. I can get your own opinion comments and review share with us. Because each pet shop might doing differ way for pet business. I sure you might get my interview. If you interest.

Old 04-24-2009, 01:14 PM
Pet Epicurean

aliciahorsley is on a distinguished road

clement, let's chat tmrw night at the dinner :)
Our pets eat PINK raw food
Old 04-24-2009, 02:16 PM
Gentle Giant

Alicia, I don't think clement can make it for the dinner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliciahorsley View Post
clement, let's chat tmrw night at the dinner :)

The only Maine Coon cattery with 3 DM, 3 Top Ten MCO National & produce the most GC/GP (30) & DW (12) in CFA ID Asia/LA
Old 04-24-2009, 02:26 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Campaign Stop puppy and kitten Backyard breeder do trade through Pet Shop

yeah,he is in Penang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coony View Post
Alicia, I don't think clement can make it for the dinner.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:08 PM
Gentle Giant

Clement, what you are doing here is definitely not an easy battle but it is still a very good start to educate pet lover or potential pet owner about BYB, Pet Mill & Pet Shop that support them. I always believe a little bit done is better then doing nothing.

I remember the day when I said all my breeding will be sold spay/neuter & the response I get is ppl telling me no one will buy your cat. I stick to my policy until today & I can proudly say that I had no problem at all rehoming any of my coons spay/neuter, I even had long waiting list with such condition. The one thing that make me feel very happy is that I'm seeing other breeders doing the same thing today & after 5yrs I can see how much different in the ppl mentality toward spay/neuter. So you see as long as we push for it we can make the different.

Old 04-24-2009, 03:41 PM
PetFinder Moderator

Thanks you Coony, Alicia and june for support this Campaign. Yes I not coming because far away. But since have youtube technology, I can make a speak by mid night 12am. 25/4 is the day for celebration PetFinder 1st Anniversary and DIMB PetFinder Awards.

Old 04-24-2009, 04:33 PM
PetFinder Guru

cookie is on a distinguished road

DIMB, I will be waiting for your youtube to watch you speak at midnight today. Since I will be watching American Idol results tonight on 8TV starting 11.45pm, I will watch American Idol using one eye and use my other eye to watch you speak.
Learnt this trick from Captain Jack Sparrow HAWK.

Do keep up your good work, DIMB. Cheers!
Quote:
Thanks you Coony, Alicia and june for support this Campaign. Yes I not coming because far away. But since have youtube technology, I can make a speak by mid night 12am. 25/4 is the day for celebration PetFinder 1st Anniversary and DIMB PetFinder Awards.