Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens > Health, Disease & Diet

Health, Disease & Diet Find out the best tips and practices on managing your cat's diet, health care, and issues with diseases from our community of animal lovers

Old 09-30-2011, 10:57 AM
Animal Lover

ssangyongs is on a distinguished road
Default Premium Food from KL for Penangites.

Hey folks,

I'm a Penangite working in Selangor and i have a cat. From infos i gather around, in Penang and Kedah and maybe Perak the selection of premium food is not that wide as compared in Klang Valley. I believe you guys will find it hard even to buy Blackwood Kitten.

I usually go back to my hometown in Seberang Prai once a month. So this time, i'm thinking about bringing together a selection of premium food brands based on demand from fellow PF forumers from the north.

Please reply and PM me if you have specific brand you wanna try and how much kg you want to stock. I will only quote the price at the shop, so u just pay me what i pay at the pet shop. I dont mind you guys giving tips but i must make it clear here, that is not required. Bagi seikhlas hati pun x apa. I'm not running a business i'm just doing this pro bono on the basis of helping cat lovers in the north to get the best for their cats. My little savvy can load i think 3 bags of 24kg of Blackwood or whatnots.

I think these brands are rare in Penang/Sungai Petani.

1) Blackwood Kitten
2) Sportsman Pride (Kitten and Adult)
3) Acana
4) Feline Caviar
5) EVO
6) Cat's Eye
7) Orijen
8) Muezza (new brand in town from the UK)

Most probably i will get the supply from Mesra PetShop in Bangi. They have great selection of premium food.

any other brand, please reply here so we can share more info about other brands. As of now, i dont have any fixed date yet as i'm waiting for my cat for second vaccine injection which is due on 25th October. But if demand is great i can work something out. It's been a while since i went back to Penang.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:22 PM
PetFinder Guru

thini is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Premium Food from KL for Penangites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssangyongs View Post
Hey folks,

I'm a Penangite working in Selangor and i have a cat. From infos i gather around, in Penang and Kedah and maybe Perak the selection of premium food is not that wide as compared in Klang Valley. I believe you guys will find it hard even to buy Blackwood Kitten.

I usually go back to my hometown in Seberang Prai once a month. So this time, i'm thinking about bringing together a selection of premium food brands based on demand from fellow PF forumers from the north.

Please reply and PM me if you have specific brand you wanna try and how much kg you want to stock. I will only quote the price at the shop, so u just pay me what i pay at the pet shop. I dont mind you guys giving tips but i must make it clear here, that is not required. Bagi seikhlas hati pun x apa. I'm not running a business i'm just doing this pro bono on the basis of helping cat lovers in the north to get the best for their cats. My little savvy can load i think 3 bags of 24kg of Blackwood or whatnots.

I think these brands are rare in Penang/Sungai Petani.

1) Blackwood Kitten
2) Sportsman Pride (Kitten and Adult)
3) Acana
4) Feline Caviar
5) EVO
6) Cat's Eye
7) Orijen
8) Muezza (new brand in town from the UK)

Most probably i will get the supply from Mesra PetShop in Bangi. They have great selection of premium food.

any other brand, please reply here so we can share more info about other brands. As of now, i dont have any fixed date yet as i'm waiting for my cat for second vaccine injection which is due on 25th October. But if demand is great i can work something out. It's been a while since i went back to Penang.
Hi, I think what you are doing is great.. I have heard of Feline Caviar, but since I cannot find it anywhere in Penang it'd be good if I could get a hold of the small pack of FC first.. . Just tell me when you'll be back herer. Orijen is also difficult to find here, esp the mainland and SP.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:43 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road

I'm not in Penang, but I agree with Thini -- you're doing a really nice thing here!

Another premium brand that Penangites might also want to consider is Addiction. It's also made of very high-grade proteins, no by-products, grains or corn/maize, etc. Great stuff! :-)

I notice that some of the Muslim members are discovering pork in certain brands of cat food. I don't know that Addiction is certified Halal, but it does not contain any pork or pork products. Their flavours are salmon and venison.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:48 PM
Animal Lover

hey guys thanks for the reply.

Thini - i will buy you the FC small pack. If i'm not mistaken it costs RM 13 for the small pack of few hundred grams. That is IF memory serves me right. FC is not that expensive like Royal Canin. I will let you know when i'm going back to Penang. Not going to send my kitten to any boarding facility since i'm still treating her fungal infection.

Maneki - thanks for new brand suggestion. I shall go and take a look. I think Mesra Pet Shop in Bangi covers almost all brands. This weekend i'm going to visit other pet shops too especially Jimmy's in Sri Petaling and Pet Safari at Ikano.

See, since adopting a cat my new hobby is to browse through shelves in petshop and i wish my cat appetite will increase because i can't wait to buy new pack of Royal Canin Kitten. Silly right. Hahaha. Now she's on RC babycat diet, i project that by the time the 4kgs kibbles finish, she will be 5 months old and ready to try new kibbles. I'm thinking about Orijen, Feline Caviar, Acana or i'll just stick to RC. Try to fed her SP but she hates it.

BTW guys i still have SP Kitten Tuna which i bought for RM 57 (standard price across all the shops that i went) she barely ate 150gm which means 1.85kg left. I'm letting it go for RM 45 free delivery throughout Klang Valley. The pack is sealed and the content is without doubt still fresh. Can't find any strays around to feed.
Old 10-01-2011, 08:02 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
hey guys thanks for the reply.

Thini - i will buy you the FC small pack. If i'm not mistaken it costs RM 13 for the small pack of few hundred grams. That is IF memory serves me right. FC is not that expensive like Royal Canin. I will let you know when i'm going back to Penang. Not going to send my kitten to any boarding facility since i'm still treating her fungal infection.

Maneki - thanks for new brand suggestion. I shall go and take a look. I think Mesra Pet Shop in Bangi covers almost all brands. This weekend i'm going to visit other pet shops too especially Jimmy's in Sri Petaling and Pet Safari at Ikano.

See, since adopting a cat my new hobby is to browse through shelves in petshop and i wish my cat appetite will increase because i can't wait to buy new pack of Royal Canin Kitten. Silly right. Hahaha. Now she's on RC babycat diet, i project that by the time the 4kgs kibbles finish, she will be 5 months old and ready to try new kibbles. I'm thinking about Orijen, Feline Caviar, Acana or i'll just stick to RC. Try to fed her SP but she hates it.

BTW guys i still have SP Kitten Tuna which i bought for RM 57 (standard price across all the shops that i went) she barely ate 150gm which means 1.85kg left. I'm letting it go for RM 45 free delivery throughout Klang Valley. The pack is sealed and the content is without doubt still fresh. Can't find any strays around to feed.
thanks so much and do let me know when you are back to Penang ya..
Old 10-03-2011, 10:47 AM
Animal Lover

No problem thini, i will let you know. BTW which part of Penang you stay?

Update on Sportman's Pride price :

Kitten 1.8kg RM 33
Adult 1.8kg RM 29
Adult 9kg RM 115
Adult 18kg RM 185
Old 10-05-2011, 03:04 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
No problem thini, i will let you know. BTW which part of Penang you stay?

Update on Sportman's Pride price :

Kitten 1.8kg RM 33
Adult 1.8kg RM 29
Adult 9kg RM 115
Adult 18kg RM 185
I am in Kepala Batas.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:28 AM
Animal Lover

noted. I live in Sungai Dua. BTW i dont think i'm going back this whole month since i need to nurse my sick cat (fungal infection) i need her to be in perfect health so that i can send her to boarding house. Just for your info thini..

Feline caviar cost RM 22/kg the largest pack is either 6.5kg or 6.8kg...