Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > PetFinder Lounge > Movies & TV

Movies & TV Discuss the latest movies, tv shows, and what turns you into a couch potato

View Poll Results: Who is your TOP TWO favourites out of these 11 contestants?
Adam Lambert 6 85.71%
Alexis Grace 1 14.29%
Allison Iraheta 0 0%
Anoop Desai 0 0%
Danny Gokey 2 28.57%
Kris Allen 0 0%
Lil Rounds 1 14.29%
Matt Giraud 0 0%
Megan Joy Corkrey 1 14.29%
Michael Sarver 1 14.29%
Scott MacIntyre 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-22-2009, 11:41 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Re: American Idol Season 8 (2009)

awww.......ok, ok, I take the hint.......cookie, no choice, but to take it into PM.....I guess we're boring our friends.

the bright side is, we can now talk about all the NST & BP secrets.

u guys are so-going to miss the juicy parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
I join Rozzygee tapping finger and scratching my head
Old 03-22-2009, 11:45 PM
Petfinder Moderator

hahahahah......yup, June, Rozzy, are u gals sure u don't wanna hear our stories? we're getting to the juicy part......we won't go into PM yet to give u gals a chance to change your mind.

Cookie, we'll wait for them to answer before we hop into PM. if i know June, I know she'll be salivating when she read that a girl had hung herself on that cherry tree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie View Post
Hahaha June. Enjoy the stories lah.

And now to continue...rumours has it that a girl hung herself on that cherry tree.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:21 AM
PetFinder Guru

cookie is on a distinguished road

You know, Mr Double-Oh-Seven, the theatrette in the old building is the 5th floor. Those days, the old building had only 3 floors and above that was the penthouse.

When I first started work, my office was at that penthouse - renovations were not done. Business manager took the master bedroom with built-in closet (he put his files there, hahaha), the opposite bedroom was occupied by the editorial advisor. Advertising and and writers took the main hall. The Malay magazine editor and I were placed at either the connecting walkway or dining that face the veranda (with a ceiling fan complete with rattan settee). Auditors took the room (third bedroom or kitchen or dining) and their boss took a very small room (could be either store/servants room) that has a back door that opened to the outside where you could walk beeline straight to the canteen. There was one toilet only complete with long bath and hot water. Male and female share this one toilet and all kept it very, very clean.

Seemed Mr Jenkins, the engineer, lived here. Forgotten the story on how he died and I think at that penthouse. Mr Crimson (I remember him), good friend of Mr Jenkins, worked in the security dept. Seemed Crimson could 'see'. When he wanted to have a drink, he would pour 2 cups, one for himself and one for Mr Jenkins. And he would talk like having a conversation with someone.

I remembered no one worked alone at the penthouse. Everyone would leave in groups. No one worked late.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:28 AM
Petfinder Moderator

wah, u started working there when NST just began then. oh gosh!

hey, there's no resemblance of what u described. there must have been a very major renovation.

the theatrette & its corridor was rather cold and dark, too. even after completing our training and was on the job proper, we still had to attend management trainings every single saturday. so i remember the theatrette and the corridor pretty well.

it really sounds eerie....drinking and talking with something u can't see.

got to dash off now.....hubby calling. continue tomorrow. good night.

Quote:
You know, Mr Double-Oh-Seven, the theatrette in the old building is the 5th floor. Those days, the old building had only 3 floors and above that was the penthouse.

When I first started work, my office was at that penthouse - renovations were not done. Business manager took the master bedroom with built-in closet (he put his files there, hahaha), the opposite bedroom was occupied by the editorial advisor. Advertising and and writers took the main hall. The Malay magazine editor and I were placed at either the connecting walkway or dining that face the veranda (with a ceiling fan complete with rattan settee). Auditors took the room (third bedroom or kitchen or dining) and their boss took a very small room (could be either store/servants room) that has a back door that opened to the outside where you could walk beeline straight to the canteen. There was one toilet only complete with long bath and hot water. Male and female share this one toilet and all kept it very, very clean.

Seemed Mr Jenkins, the engineer, lived here. Forgotten the story on how he died and I think at that penthouse. Mr Crimson (I remember him), good friend of Mr Jenkins, worked in the security dept. Seemed Crimson could 'see'. When he wanted to have a drink, he would pour 2 cups, one for himself and one for Mr Jenkins. And he would talk like having a conversation with someone.

I remembered no one worked alone at the penthouse. Everyone would leave in groups. No one worked late.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:32 AM
PetFinder Guru

Aiya, I was writing and sent the penthouse story without knowing that you sent this. Mmm, I guess I will have to wait before I continue. These are not made-up stories.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
hahahahah......yup, June, Rozzy, are u gals sure u don't wanna hear our stories? we're getting to the juicy part......we won't go into PM yet to give u gals a chance to change your mind.

Cookie, we'll wait for them to answer before we hop into PM. if i know June, I know she'll be salivating when she read that a girl had hung herself on that cherry tree.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:37 AM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default American Idol Season 8 (2009)

What??? a girl hung herself on the cherry tree?? ghost story?? bring it on Charlene. I looooooove ghost story

Quote:

Old 03-23-2009, 10:07 PM
PetFinder Guru

Wah! June, now you are interested ah?
Quote:
What??? a girl hung herself on the cherry tree?? ghost story?? bring it on Charlene. I looooooove ghost story
Let me conclude the penthouse story. Heard Mr Jenkins committed suicide. (Oh, this reminds me. There was a death in the new building as well when I was still working there. But then that is another story. )

Yes, to you and many others, the stairs and corridor to the theatrette seemed cold and eerie. But to me, it was and still is 'comforting-ly cold'. Not sure whether I should tell my experience how it became 'comforting-ly cold' to me while it's 'eerie-ly cold' to others.
Quote:
wah, u started working there when NST just began then. oh gosh!

hey, there's no resemblance of what u described. there must have been a very major renovation.

the theatrette & its corridor was rather cold and dark, too. even after completing our training and was on the job proper, we still had to attend management trainings every single saturday. so i remember the theatrette and the corridor pretty well.

it really sounds eerie....drinking and talking with something u can't see.

got to dash off now.....hubby calling. continue tomorrow. good night.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:15 PM
Petfinder Moderator

what transpired to grieve or upset Mr Jenkins so much that he decided to commit suicide?

yes, please tell me why the stairs & corridor to the theatrette is 'comfortingly cold to you while it's eeriely cold to the rest of us. light also doesn't seem to be able to penetrate the abosulute darkness of the place. i mean, it's not dark as in the dark we can't see, we can see clearly, but there's this feeling like the light just doesn't penetrate the darkness. errr.....am i making sense?

anyway, i'm going to see if i can move all NST-related stories to a new thread.

*update*
nope, i can only move the whole thread, but not selective posts. i'll have to ask andy for help.

Quote:

Let me conclude the penthouse story. Heard Mr Jenkins committed suicide. (Oh, this reminds me. There was a death in the new building as well when I was still working there. But then that is another story. )

Yes, to you and many others, the stairs and corridor to the theatrette seemed cold and eerie. But to me, it was and still is 'comforting-ly cold'. Not sure whether I should tell my experience how it became 'comforting-ly cold' to me while it's 'eerie-ly cold' to others.

Last edited by blackie007; 03-23-2009 at 10:38 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:41 PM
PetFinder Guru

I wasn't there then when he died but I can ask my 'old boyfriends' meaning my old colleagues. They are now (gosh) almost 70 and over! I took them out for breakfast last year. I bought breakfast recently for the one who is almost 70. I think the over-70 would know more. Oh dear, I must make time and see them more often.

Yes, yes, you do make sense. Mmm, I am not sure whether I should tell the story and bore everyone or I should tell you privately over tea?
Quote:
what transpired to grieve or upset Mr Jenkins so much that he decided to commit suicide?

yes, please tell me why the stairs & corridor to the theatrette is 'comfortingly cold to you while it's eeriely cold to the rest of us. light also doesn't seem to be able to penetrate the abosulute darkness of the place. i mean, it's not dark as in the dark we can't see, we can see clearly, but there's this feeling like the light just doesn't penetrate the darkness. errr.....am i making sense?

anyway, i'm going to see if i can move all NST-related stories to a new thread.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:50 PM
Petfinder Moderator

hahaha....since you're still busy working despite being nearly 2 decades my senior, there isn't much time for us to meet and have tea.

also, i can't wait. so please carry on, but maybe wait till tomorrow, as i've asked andy to move the NST-related stories out to a new thread called NST - The Mundane & The Horrors to the coffee room section. look out for it tomorrow, and fill me in, then. thanks.

at least, like this, we get to keep the stories so for future reference if one of us should decide to write a memoir (PM has limited storage capacity). hahaha.

Quote:
I wasn't there then when he died but I can ask my 'old boyfriends' meaning my old colleagues. They are now (gosh) almost 70 and over! I took them out for breakfast last year. I bought breakfast recently for the one who is almost 70. I think the over-70 would know more. Oh dear, I must make time and see them more often.

Yes, yes, you do make sense. Mmm, I am not sure whether I should tell the story and bore everyone or I should tell you privately over tea?
Old 03-23-2009, 11:10 PM
PetFinder Guru

Not sure whether it's a good idea to put the company's name. Perhaps the title The Mundane & The Horrors will do. If you notice I don't really state the name. I used to receive many calls regarding sueing the company and the magazine.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:31 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Huh? there're people who wanted to sue the company & the magazine? why? it's the best company I've ever worked for in my entire life. they're the best employer of the century!

ok, i won't trouble andy by sendng a second PM to use a different title. what i'll do is edit the title after he's helped me move the selected posts.

Quote:
Not sure whether it's a good idea to put the company's name. Perhaps the title The Mundane & The Horrors will do. If you notice I don't really state the name. I used to receive many calls regarding sueing the company and the magazine.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:21 AM
Animal Lover

yes!yes!!yes!! any ghost story will make stop doing anything and ears prick up.heheheheheh!!!

come on guys.continuelah.what this eerie feeling,cold stairs?? the gwai lo ghost (eh,gwai lo is hantu putih right).give us the full story

Quote:

Old 03-24-2009, 11:31 AM
Petfinder Moderator

hahaha, now u are salivating. wait for nightfall mah. ghost stories are better told at night.

Quote:
yes!yes!!yes!! any ghost story will make stop doing anything and ears prick up.heheheheheh!!!

come on guys.continuelah.what this eerie feeling,cold stairs?? the gwai lo ghost (eh,gwai lo is hantu putih right).give us the full story
Old 03-24-2009, 04:33 PM
Animal Lover

ok,ok,ok.tonite once the clock strike midnite lets tell some ghost story I can imagine Pontianak Harum Sundal Malam on the roof top where I park my car

Quote:
hahaha, now u are salivating. wait for nightfall mah. ghost stories are better told at night.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:58 PM
Petfinder Moderator

hehehe.....i know what pontianak harum means, but what does sundal malam mean?

be careful if u smell a nice jasmine smell at midnight....

Quote:
ok,ok,ok.tonite once the clock strike midnite lets tell some ghost story I can imagine Pontianak Harum Sundal Malam on the roof top where I park my car
Old 03-24-2009, 07:31 PM
Meow

a.lya is on a distinguished road

Quote:
hehehe.....i know what pontianak harum means, but what does sundal malam mean?

be careful if u smell a nice jasmine smell at midnight....
I think sundal is a demeaning term used for women. Like perempuan murahan or something in that area. I'm not really sure. That's what my brother said anyway. Also, I heard a lot pf people didn't like the title because of the 'sundal'.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:09 PM
Animal Lover

Yeah,your brother is right, alya.but in this movie Harum Sundal Malam refering to the flower used by the vampire. So the name is Pontianak Harum Sundal Malam title of the movie and the lead actress is Maya Karin.Among all the Malay horror movies, this is the one I give 2 thumbs up I don't watch many Malay movie but I cannot resist this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.lya View Post
I think sundal is a demeaning term used for women. Like perempuan murahan or something in that area. I'm not really sure. That's what my brother said anyway. Also, I heard a lot pf people didn't like the title because of the 'sundal'.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:34 PM
Meow

a.lya is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yeah,your brother is right, alya.but in this movie Harum Sundal Malam refering to the flower used by the vampire. So the name is Pontianak Harum Sundal Malam title of the movie and the lead actress is Maya Karin.Among all the Malay horror movies, this is the one I give 2 thumbs up I don't watch many Malay movie but I cannot resist this one
I haven't watched it. Penakut. But the funny thing is that I don't believe in ghosts. I just hate the suspense in the movie. Lemah jantung.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:14 PM
Petfinder Moderator

oh, ok, so in that case, my next question is, what does "harum sundal malam" mean??

is it a kind of flower that produces a certain fragrance? to be exact, is it that white jasmine flower? it has a really sweet, strong fragrance, especially at night. at my old place, i had a planter box of jasmines, and at night, when there's breeze, our whole living room would be filled with the harum smell, like someone just sprayed jasmine perfume into the air.

hehe, i also don't believe in ghosts or spirits. but i love watching horror movies. but i prefer the japanese type, as they are psychologically more scary. the mat salleh horror movies are all in your face type, rather than prey on your psychology.

i must see if i can get the pontianak harum sundal malam DVD.

ok, guys, don't forget. american idol today....i'll watch the 8pm show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.lya View Post
I haven't watched it. Penakut. But the funny thing is that I don't believe in ghosts. I just hate the suspense in the movie. Lemah jantung.