Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Success Stories

Success Stories Share your happy and heart-warming "tails" with our community. Let us know about your successful rescue, rehome or adoption efforts!

Old 08-25-2008, 05:35 PM
Founder, PetFinder.my

AndyKoh has disabled reputation
Thumbs up Lost Dog Recovered Thru PetFinder

I just received this happy and encouraging story from Audrey Kong, who recovered her beloved dog Mago by posting a lost-and-found ad in PetFinder. This actually happened a couple months back, as there was some delay before she got to post up the story today.

Congratulations to her and our member Cassandra who spotted the dog - she should take up the job of a detective for having such sharp eyes and excellent memory!

Here's the posting from Audrey Kong:

Quote:
Phew~ That will be a very long story. No matter how it is, I really appreciate and would like to thanks to a lady, named Cassandra who saw my dog. Else I would not be able to trace back Mago.

Well, we've been putting up flyers around our living area including nearby neighbourhoods, pet shops and vets clinic.

We also called the dog compound to check if they did carry out any dog catching operations on that day. I also post in forums like puppy.com.my, PetFinder.my and etc.

Another tiring search is we drove around & stops at every row of houses, check in their houses see if anyone had pick up Mago & keep him, every front & back lane of flats, condo & shops. We did this early in the morning before we go to work & after work coz this is the time when Mago will be going for his morning/evening walk. But please bear this in mind coz we spent almost RM 400++ just for the petrol besides tired. However, we dont mind as long we can find Mago back home safely. That was the only thing in our mind.

Yea~ u might think I'm crazy. Yes, I'm going crazy and so do family members if we still cannot find Mago. We love MAGO very much. We missed him everyday.

That's how we look for him in the past 2 weeks ago.

Here it goes to end up my long winded story. A nice lady rang me early in the morning. She was so anxious which makes me feeling anxious too. :)
She was asking me if I was searching for a dog named Mago. So I answered her YES. She ask for my email address while describing about Mago to confirmed if the dog she saw was Mago.

When I opened the email she sent, I was so HAPPY and so does the lady when I confirmed that was the dog I'm searching. After getting information on how to get to the place where this lady mentioned, me and my bf took the whole day off :P & straight to that place. It was a heavy machinery workshop.

When we arrived, Mago was kept in a cage. He saw our car. He barks and jumps around like a kangaroo when he recognized the car he used to travel in.

We got down from the car, look for the owner of that place. After a brief chat with the owner where he mentioned that he saw Mago was wandering around and keep on following his truck. Assuming he was a lost or a stray dog, so he pick him up & send him to his workshop.

That is where this nice lady saw Mago after sending her car for car wash which is located next to the workshop. Therefore,she took a few photo of him & attached in the email to me where she finds out through petfinder.my.

There goes the long winded + blurry stories that I can post coz my english is bad. Sorry for that.

Here by, we would like to THANK this nice lady whom I mentioned above.

THANK YOU,CASSANDRA.

Not to forget, THANKS to PetFinder.my too. Without this forum, the chances for us to trace our lost pets or pets for adoption will be low.

THANKS to everyone for ur kind advise, supports and blessings.

May GOD bless for those who lost their lovely doggies can be re-united soon with their owner.
Let's give a big applause to Audrey, Cass and PetFinder!

This serves as a very encouraging lesson to all the owners out there who have lost their pet - never give up, and get as much as exposure as possible - someone, somewhere might just come across it!

Last edited by AndyKoh; 08-25-2008 at 05:40 PM.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:42 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Lost Dog Recovered Thru PetFinder

huhuhuhu!! I nearly cry reading this post.I can imagine what is it like losing our pet as I almost lose my Peterpan.Anyway,congrats to Audrey and 3 cheers to Cassandra.I love happy ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKoh View Post
I just received this happy and encouraging story from Audrey Kong, who recovered her beloved dog Mago by posting a lost-and-found ad in PetFinder. This actually happened a couple months back, as there was some delay before she got to post up the story today.

Congratulations to her and our member Cassandra who spotted the dog - she should take up the job of a detective for having such sharp eyes and excellent memory!

Here's the posting from Audrey Kong:

Let's give a big applause to Audrey, Cass and PetFinder!
Old 08-25-2008, 06:04 PM
CEO, EzerNET

Ezer has disabled reputation
Default Re: Lost Dog Recovered Thru PetFinder

Congrats goes all around... Thanks for posting up the Story Andy...

I hope one day, PetFinder will be the de facto place to post for all lost and found animals so that ppl who find lost animals have ONE place to look for their owners and vice versa so that the rate of success will become higher...
Old 08-26-2008, 02:57 AM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! Congrats to Audrey, Cassandra and Petfnder.my.
Old 08-28-2008, 10:35 AM
Banned

ashleywong is on a distinguished road

congrats all around to audrey for being reunited with her beloved mago and to cassandra for her good eyes and good work

to petfinders for providing us a platform

Old 08-29-2008, 04:08 PM
PetFinder Guru

Location: Seri Kembangan, Selangor (Yeah, we got free water!)
sillylupie is on a distinguished road

Hooray!!!!
A happy reunion, thanks to petfinder.com.my!
CLAP CLAP CLAP!!!! (hehehehe, follows after Blackie mah...)

sillylupie-shop
http://sillylupie-shop.blogspot.com