Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > PetFinder Lounge > Movies & TV

Movies & TV Discuss the latest movies, tv shows, and what turns you into a couch potato

View Poll Results: Who is your TOP TWO favourites out of these 11 contestants?
Adam Lambert 6 85.71%
Alexis Grace 1 14.29%
Allison Iraheta 0 0%
Anoop Desai 0 0%
Danny Gokey 2 28.57%
Kris Allen 0 0%
Lil Rounds 1 14.29%
Matt Giraud 0 0%
Megan Joy Corkrey 1 14.29%
Michael Sarver 1 14.29%
Scott MacIntyre 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-16-2009, 04:19 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default American Idol Season 8 (2009)

I just discovered last night that there are some members here who enjoy watching American Idol. I wish I had started this thread last year, for season 7.

Here's the Top 11 for this Wednesday's performance, for the benefit of those who don't follow it week after week.

They are, clockwise from top left: Anoop Desai, Megan Joy Corkrey, Kris Allen, Danny Gokey, Matthew Giraud, Lil Rounds, Scott McIntyre, Alexis Grace, Adam Lambert, Allison Iraheta & Michael Sarver.

Looks like Adam Lambert has 3 fans here, namely, me, a.lya and cookie. Anymore? Shall we take a poll and see who are our top two favourites?
Old 03-16-2009, 04:27 PM
PetFinder Guru

illa79 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: American Idol Season 8 (2009)

I vote for Adam Lambert vs Danny Gokey in the finals...

pity tho that the puerto rican guy was voted off last week...wrong song choice..he has a great voice...would've loved to see/hear more of him...
Old 03-16-2009, 04:32 PM
Petfinder Moderator

yay! another adam lambert fan.

hehe, the puerto rican guy.....my favourite moment was when he was so excited that he burst into spanish, and ryan seacrest went, "thank you, thank you,thank you" & nodding away wisely like as if he's translating it for the audience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illa79 View Post

pity tho that the puerto rican guy was voted off last week...wrong song choice..he has a great voice...would've loved to see/hear more of him...
Old 03-16-2009, 04:47 PM
PetFinder Guru

owh..i purposely didn't watch the earlier selection stages..to avoid the being frustrated when the one i like dont get choosen to top 13..,so i missed that episode..

anyways,Alexis Grace is also another one to watch...wonder if they'll make it final 3 instead of 2,since the've changed the format a bit????
Old 03-16-2009, 04:59 PM
Meow

a.lya is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
I just discovered last night that there are some members here who enjoy watching American Idol. I wish I had started this thread last year, for season 7.

Here's the Top 11 for this Wednesday's performance, for the benefit of those who don't follow it week after week.

They are, clockwise from top left: Anoop Desai, Megan Joy Corkrey, Kris Allen, Danny Gokey, Matthew Giraud, Lil Rounds, Scott McIntyre, Alexis Grace, Adam Lambert, Allison Iraheta & Michael Sarver.

Looks like Adam Lambert has 3 fans here, namely, me, a.lya and cookie. Anymore? Shall we take a poll and see who are our top two favourites?
Alexis and Allison are sitting a bit too close to my Adam. Grrr.

Oh! I just remembered I also like Meghan. She has some funky dance moves. Hahaha. And I like her tatoo.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:04 PM
PetFinder Guru

rozzygee is on a distinguished road

Quote:

yeZzzzzzzzzaaa!! me too! They got my vote! err by the way can we vote them?
Old 03-16-2009, 06:01 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Yup, I hope they make it final 3 instead of 2. I like Alexis, and voted for Adam & her here. Actually, there are a few I like....but these 2 are my top, top favourites.

I think it's great that Scott MacIntyre is in the Top 11, as he is sending a message to the less fortunate like him that you should not let your handicap stop you from pursuing your dreams. I hope he goes far, as it's a good message that he's sending out to the visually impaired.

Quote:
owh..i purposely didn't watch the earlier selection stages..to avoid the being frustrated when the one i like dont get choosen to top 13..,so i missed that episode..

anyways,Alexis Grace is also another one to watch...wonder if they'll make it final 3 instead of 2,since the've changed the format a bit????

hahaha, he has many female admirers, a.lya. he's got a cool hairstyle, and cool dressing sense. I like one of his pants, the one with a chain dangling around, and was bugging my hubby to get me one exactly like that. I had seen it in a shop sometime last year, and wanted it, but hubby said it's for teeny-boppers, not for married adults.

oh ya, i also think adam lambert would look great as a vampire, cool hairstyle, cool dress sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.lya View Post
Alexis and Allison are sitting a bit too close to my Adam. Grrr.

Oh! I just remembered I also like Meghan. She has some funky dance moves. Hahaha. And I like her tatoo.

Rozzy, we can't vote, but you CAN VOTE HERE!! So, please vote for your 2 top favourites, and let us know who you voted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rozzygee View Post

yeZzzzzzzzzaaa!! me too! They got my vote! err by the way can we vote them?
Old 03-16-2009, 06:16 PM
Petfinder Moderator

a.lya, cookie,
below are the "transferred" posts from jimmy's thread Lessons for All Cat Owners.

-------------
hehe, adam lambert is cool, isn't he? I think there's a chance he'll be the next American Idol. I hope so, anyway.

Ahh....sudirman, i think he's famous for "balik kampung" or something like that, right? my octogenarian grandma used to love P Ramlee. well, she's back to dust now, otherwise she and your mum could walk down memory lane together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie View Post
I like Adam Lambert, too. He reminds me of Elvis Presley. Perhaps it is his black hair, drain pipe trousers and the way he shakes his legs sometimes.
Aaah, no one could replace P Ramlee - his voice and the way he sang the songs especially 'Tudung Periuk'. My octogenarian mum loves Sudirman and Tom Jones.
hahaha, yup, gramps' boy. ya lor, it was fun to see those drama between her an Kara. my hubby was so sure they'll keep bikini girl, nathaniel & tatiana for drama-value, and was disappointed that they got axed.

Oh, not only turtle-necks, but wear a neck-support, too.

adam lambert will make a great vampire.

Quote:
He's a grandmama's boy. xD Bikini girl? Yeah..they sorta eliminate her a tad too early. I wish I could see more drama between her and Kara. Hehehe.

I'll make sure I'll wear turtlenecks everyday so that it won't roll off.

Kaaaaaaaan? Adam Lambert is something else. He really stands out and he doesn't disappoint his many - drooling - fans.

Though I wish to see him wear a simple t-shirt some day. He's always wearing a jacket or a long sleeved collared shirt. He also seems to like the colour black. I'm beginning to think he's a vampire. xD
Old 03-16-2009, 07:41 PM
Vivien Wuz Ere

Location: Earth - where every human beings have to live together with animals
vivienlpl is on a distinguished road

adam.....:P
he is so sexy hahaha
Old 03-16-2009, 08:07 PM
.:: Baby, I dig you! ::.

Location: Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia, World of Animal Lurve...
BabyZee is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BabyZee

owhhh..i'm missing alot...huhu...
Old 03-16-2009, 08:11 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road

Sorry guys.I vote for Lil Round.I think she got the whole package as an idol

Adam Lambert is no doubt good looking but Lil Round is the real performer & entertainer.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:52 PM
Meow

Quote:
hahaha, he has many female admirers, a.lya. he's got a cool hairstyle, and cool dressing sense. I like one of his pants, the one with a chain dangling around, and was bugging my hubby to get me one exactly like that. I had seen it in a shop sometime last year, and wanted it, but hubby said it's for teeny-boppers, not for married adults.

oh ya, i also think adam lambert would look great as a vampire, cool hairstyle, cool dress sense.
Adam Lambert also has many male admirers. Ngarrrr. I can't wait for the next round.

Ooh. Those pants are really stylish. I should bug my boyfriend to get a pair of those. I wish Adam would stop wearing eyeliner though. He already has pretty eyes.

Quote:
hehe, adam lambert is cool, isn't he? I think there's a chance he'll be the next American Idol. I hope so, anyway.

hahaha, yup, gramps' boy. ya lor, it was fun to see those drama between her an Kara. my hubby was so sure they'll keep bikini girl, nathaniel & tatiana for drama-value, and was disappointed that they got axed.

Oh, not only turtle-necks, but wear a neck-support, too.

adam lambert will make a great vampire.
Yeah. There's a high chance that he'll be the next AI. Let's just hope he's consistent and gets even better along the way.

Omigoshhh. Tatiana was kinda annoying. Fortunately she didn't -really- freak out when she was eliminated. Eh, actually I'd like to see that. xD

Haaaa. Where am I gonna find a neck-support.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:04 PM
Petfinder Moderator

aww...baby sis, it's ok. u can view them from youtube, i'm sure.
hey, so glad to see u "alive" again.....u must have got some blood already? anyway, u might like adam lambert, a potential vampire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyZee View Post
owhhh..i'm missing alot...huhu...

Oh, I like Lil Rounds too. Really big voice. She sounds like Mary J. Blighe. I think you'll be seeing her in many more little rounds *quote Paula Abdul*

Speaking of Paula Abdul, she has been saying in interviews that she thinks 4 judges is a crowd. I wonder if there's a hidden meaning there?

Anyway, anyone noticed that in this season she seems to have difficulty speaking? I mean, she speaks one word by one word, like as if it's quite hard for her to form the words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Sorry guys.I vote for Lil Round.I think she got the whole package as an idol

Adam Lambert is no doubt good looking but Lil Round is the real performer & entertainer.

hahahah......he might just be gay..........

aww..... u also like his pants?

ya, tatiana was irritatingly entertaining. her laugh, oh man. i actually copied her laugh & echoed after her each time she laughed on screen, u know. i was hoping for some real drama when she was eliminated, too.

hehe, u can get neck-support from pharmacies.....or june can sponsor u one since she's the one who chopped your head half-way.

Quote:
Adam Lambert also has many male admirers. Ngarrrr. I can't wait for the next round.

Ooh. Those pants are really stylish. I should bug my boyfriend to get a pair of those. I wish Adam would stop wearing eyeliner though. He already has pretty eyes.

Yeah. There's a high chance that he'll be the next AI. Let's just hope he's consistent and gets even better along the way.

Omigoshhh. Tatiana was kinda annoying. Fortunately she didn't -really- freak out when she was eliminated. Eh, actually I'd like to see that. xD

Old 03-16-2009, 10:07 PM
PetFinder Guru

cookie is on a distinguished road

Err, I am the one who happen to like P Ramlee not my octogenarian mother; she prefers Sudirman and Tom Jones. I wouldn't want to 'walk down memory lane' with your grandma. I consider myself still very 'young'. But I will be happy to chat if she could 'rise' and come to me (will seize the opportunity to ask for 4D and strike it big, big).
Quote:
a.lya, cookie,
below are the "transferred" posts from jimmy's thread Lessons for All Cat Owners.

-------------

Ahh....sudirman, i think he's famous for "balik kampung" or something like that, right? my octogenarian grandma used to love P Ramlee. well, she's back to dust now, otherwise she and your mum could walk down memory lane together.
Adam wears eyeliner? I didn't see it. Perhaps I was too sleepy as I watch it on 8TV past midnight Thursday, that is early Friday morning.
Quote:

Old 03-16-2009, 11:39 PM
Animal Lover

you know Charlene, alya's head actually dangling from her neck.I need cellophane tape to put it back.

Yeah,Lil Rounds are really good. I like her I like artise with big voice

Quote:
aww...baby sis, it's ok. u can view them from youtube, i'm sure.
hey, so glad to see u "alive" again.....u must have got some blood already? anyway, u might like adam lambert, a potential vampire.

Oh, I like Lil Rounds too. Really big voice. She sounds like Mary J. Blighe. I think you'll be seeing her in many more little rounds *quote Paula Abdul*

Speaking of Paula Abdul, she has been saying in interviews that she thinks 4 judges is a crowd. I wonder if there's a hidden meaning there?

Anyway, anyone noticed that in this season she seems to have difficulty speaking? I mean, she speaks one word by one word, like as if it's quite hard for her to form the words.

hahahah......he might just be gay..........

aww..... u also like his pants?

ya, tatiana was irritatingly entertaining. her laugh, oh man. i actually copied her laugh & echoed after her each time she laughed on screen, u know. i was hoping for some real drama when she was eliminated, too.

hehe, u can get neck-support from pharmacies.....or june can sponsor u one since she's the one who chopped your head half-way.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:49 PM
Petfinder Moderator

aww....so sorry, cookie, i got mixed-up there. guess i got carried away thinking my gramps would have been excited that someone likes P Ramlee as much as she did.

and you are still ahem, very young.

yup, adam wears eyeliner. in fact, it looks more like kohl....that's how dark and thick it is. it's part of the rock image thingy, i'd say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie View Post
Err, I am the one who happen to like P Ramlee not my octogenarian mother; she prefers Sudirman and Tom Jones. I wouldn't want to 'walk down memory lane' with your grandma. I consider myself still very 'young'. But I will be happy to chat if she could 'rise' and come to me (will seize the opportunity to ask for 4D and strike it big, big).

Adam wears eyeliner? I didn't see it. Perhaps I was too sleepy as I watch it on 8TV past midnight Thursday, that is early Friday morning.

oh my! dangling from her neck? aww....so she looks like a zombie?? make sure u tape it kuat-kuat, u know.

i liked latoya london & jeniffer hudson in season 3, too. they have big voices. but they never made it to the top 5, even though they were better than jasmine, the philipino girl from hawaii.

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
you know Charlene, alya's head actually dangling from her neck.I need cellophane tape to put it back.

Yeah,Lil Rounds are really good. I like her I like artise with big voice
Old 03-17-2009, 12:08 PM
Meow

I poof-ed for awhile and now my head is dangling from my neck?!
Old 03-17-2009, 12:55 PM
Petfinder Moderator

looks like june did a good job.

Quote:
I poof-ed for awhile and now my head is dangling from my neck?!
Old 03-17-2009, 01:33 PM
Animal Lover

yeah, I tape kuat kuat like u said

Quote:
looks like june did a good job.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:21 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:

I think it's great that Scott MacIntyre is in the Top 11, as he is sending a message to the less fortunate like him that you should not let your handicap stop you from pursuing your dreams. I hope he goes far, as it's a good message that he's sending out to the visually impaired.
Yup ,i agree..definitely sending a good message..alas only in the west will these artiste be appreciated,something very much lacking here

Quote:
[B] my octogenarian grandma used to love P Ramlee.
i love the late Tan Sri P Ramlee too...he will never be replaced..

p/s,i think Sir Sean Connery is HOT!!