Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens

Cats & Kittens General information and discussions on taking care of your feline buddy

Old 02-08-2011, 06:14 PM
Animal Lover

Megaav is on a distinguished road
Default Migrating to Au

Hello guys,

I have a question and I hope someone can help me with it. I have 3 cats (adopted from a rescuer in Cyberjaya) and been with me the last 2 years. I'll be moving to Au and wanted to bring my 3 cats with me. I visited the AQIS website on the pets migrating program in Au website, but it seems to be a tedious job nevertheless, I would still like to bring them with me. I was wondering if any of you pet lovers, friends or family has moved to Au and had brought their pets with them to enlighten me on the best way to deal with the situation? is it better for me to do on my own (which I didnt want my pets to hang in the air incase I miss out any important document, chose the correct vet to get their RNAT etc etc) or shall I appoint a pet mover professional? I love my cats to bits but my partner is a rational thinker.

Would greatly appreciate any feedback.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:48 PM
PetFinder Guru

Marcelleve is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Marcelleve Send a message via Yahoo to Marcelleve Send a message via Skype™ to Marcelleve
Default Re: Migrating to Au

Hi there,

You can find the thread about migrating to Australia with pets.
There are members who posted their results here:
http://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=4240

You can ask from professional for assistance - to transport/migrate pets. As quoted from the link, she can give you quotations as well.
The contact person at the Animal Hospital:
Niremala Devi Sinniah (Nirmala)
Animal Medical Centre Sdn Bhd - Group of Hospitals
Wisma Medivet, No. 8 Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Mobile: +6019 3538645 / Tel: +603 40435113 / 40432420 / Fax: +603 40413660
Email: enquiry@animalhospital.com.my

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Eve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaav View Post
Hello guys,

I have a question and I hope someone can help me with it. I have 3 cats (adopted from a rescuer in Cyberjaya) and been with me the last 2 years. I'll be moving to Au and wanted to bring my 3 cats with me. I visited the AQIS website on the pets migrating program in Au website, but it seems to be a tedious job nevertheless, I would still like to bring them with me. I was wondering if any of you pet lovers, friends or family has moved to Au and had brought their pets with them to enlighten me on the best way to deal with the situation? is it better for me to do on my own (which I didnt want my pets to hang in the air incase I miss out any important document, chose the correct vet to get their RNAT etc etc) or shall I appoint a pet mover professional? I love my cats to bits but my partner is a rational thinker.

Would greatly appreciate any feedback.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:33 PM
Gentle Giant

Coony is on a distinguished road

Macelleve, I wudn't recommend AMC as they are one of the most expensive in the country.

Best Maine Coon Cattery in CFA ID Asia/LA since 2004
The only Maine Coon cattery with 3 DM, 3 Top Ten MCO National & produce the most GC/GP (30) & DW (12) in CFA ID Asia/LA
Old 02-09-2011, 12:39 PM
Gentle Giant

If I'm not wrong a rabies titer test & Nipah Virus blood test is require for entry to Australia & there will be a 6 mths quarantine too. Shud you want to scout around first for pet handler fee you can pm me for my regular agent contact number.

Anyway, the whole process is not gonna be cheap plus the 6 mths quarantine charges in Australia.

The only Maine Coon cattery with 3 DM, 3 Top Ten MCO National & produce the most GC/GP (30) & DW (12) in CFA ID Asia/LA
Old 02-10-2011, 03:50 PM
PetFinder Guru

Marcelleve is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Marcelleve Send a message via Yahoo to Marcelleve Send a message via Skype™ to Marcelleve

I wont mind to recommend AMC even if expensive for some.
At least I know my pets are in good hands. They have vets.
My expat neighbors and friends including my in laws & my parents don't have any problems as long as they have money to spend and don't care how much it costs for the well being of the pets.
They will assist also the pet owners and no unknown extra charges had encountered so far.
Their main focus is to transport pets in the most safest way possible.
There are some pet owners who only think the welfare of their pets rather than the costs.
I just recommend based on friends/in laws/my family's experienced with their services, it is only up to Megaav's decision.
AMC can provide the quotation to Megaav for reference as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coony View Post
Macelleve, I wudn't recommend AMC as they are one of the most expensive in the country.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:32 PM
Animal Lover

Cammoura is on a distinguished road

wow 6month in Quarantine is too long
Old 04-10-2011, 06:51 PM
Animal Lover

Megaav is on a distinguished road

Hi Coony,

Thank you for your suggestion. Sorry for the delayed response. Been really tied up and now I have 5 cats :) So, this means I either give 2 of the cats (which I recently rescued) for adoption and take my other 3 cats with me. Btw, It would be great if you could give me the agent details for me to check up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coony View Post
If I'm not wrong a rabies titer test & Nipah Virus blood test is require for entry to Australia & there will be a 6 mths quarantine too. Shud you want to scout around first for pet handler fee you can pm me for my regular agent contact number.

Anyway, the whole process is not gonna be cheap plus the 6 mths quarantine charges in Australia.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:50 PM
Gentle Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaav View Post
Hi Coony,

Thank you for your suggestion. Sorry for the delayed response. Been really tied up and now I have 5 cats :) So, this means I either give 2 of the cats (which I recently rescued) for adoption and take my other 3 cats with me. Btw, It would be great if you could give me the agent details for me to check up.
Dr. Sokalingam HP: 0123715566