Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Pet Memorial

Pet Memorial Share with us the grief on the loss of your pet, and may it be dearly and lovingly remembered forever.

Old 12-26-2010, 10:28 PM
Fast & Furry

CatMother is on a distinguished road
Default Shiraz, gone but will always be remembered

It's been 3-days since Shiraz left us. He was 9-months old. One of the 6 kids of Lola & Angelo. The soft & quiet one, humble and obedient and very loyal. He would greet me when I'm home and always show his affection by curling around my ankles whenever I'm getting ready to work everyday. Among all, he was the passive one. Not very active but still playful. I should've known his weakness but now it's too late

On Thursday 23rd December 2010 night when I reached home at 9pm, I spotted him at his favorite corner, not moving and wheezing. His breathing was heavy as if there was something in his throat. His ears were cold & his nose was dry. I knew something was wrong & tried my best to feed him & gave him water. He refused. All I could do was to wait til sunrise to rush him to the vet.

Friday morning, his condition worsen. I didn't know what to do but rushed him to the vet in Cheras. They told me to bring him straight to UPM vet instead, so I did. Reached there around 9.30am & he was in the emergency right away. An hour passed and the vet was telling me that his chance to survive is less than 50%. The cause of his breathing difficulty was unknown, as the x-ray service was still not ready yet.

At 10.45am, the vet told me told me that they need to ward him for a night for monitoring & hopefully within few days he would be fine. But, as she saying this, she added to be prepared for the worst. I was confident at first that he would be alright coz he had the fighting spirit (I knew this coz when the vet took his blood sample, he was still able to move his tail & grab my finger - I was holding his paw all along) . So I waited at the counter to prepare for payment etc. Not even a minute later, the vet came back & asked us to follow her. We went in. She asked to wait. Then she came back & said "he just passed away"

At that point of time, I don't care anything or anyone around me & burst into tears. I couldn't feel myself. I was terribly devastated. My heart was like on the floor. When I went into the ward, I saw his lifeless body with his eyes still opened as if he was waiting for us til his last breath. His body was still warm, but his mouth, tongue & skin looked blueish. I did not know the cause of death until now. And that still a question only he could answer.

We brought him back & buried him in front of the condo area on Christmas day. It's hard to let go and I still couldn't believe that he's now gone.

I just wanna share the following poem with everyone in here & hope that Shiraz finds peace in Heaven & one day we'll reunite forever. He is deeply missed by all, his brothers & sisters. Mummy, Daddy, Mama Lola, Papa Angelo, Uncle Wawang, Deq2, Nermal, Gabby, Minnie Moe, Flower Girl, not forgetting Uncle Peanut, Uncle Titi, Auntie Notty & Grandpa Jonnie miss you Shiraz boy. Love you forever & Mummy regrets that we didn't spend much time on the last few days before you're gone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to the Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food and water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who have been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except one thing- they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one stops and suddenly looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent, his eager body begins to quiver. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face. Your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then together, you and your special pet cross THE RAINBOW BRIDGE.

--Paul C. Dahm

**TO OUR BELOVED SON, BROTHER & BEST FRIEND. SHIRAZ BABY, YOU'LL BE MISSED DEARLY AND WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH. REST IN PEACE. (14TH MAR - 24TH DEC 2010)**
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SHIRAZ.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	10498  

::the 3d clanz::
Everything happens for a reason

Last edited by CatMother; 12-27-2010 at 12:33 AM.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:42 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Shiraz, gone but will always be remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatMother View Post
It's been 3-days since Shiraz left us. He was 9-months old.

**TO OUR BELOVED SON, BROTHER & BEST FRIEND. SHIRAZ BABY, YOU'LL BE MISSED DEARLY AND WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH. REST IN PEACE. (14TH MAR - 24TH DEC 2010)**
Dear CatMother,

All my sympathies to you -- you've had a rough time lately! May your three kitties be in peace, and may your grief pass quickly.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:51 AM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

Hi Catmother,

I'm so sorry to hear of Shiraz's passing. It is truly heartbreaking when a beloved pet dies, and even more so when the death is a sudden, unexpected one. My deepest condolence to you.
Old 12-27-2010, 02:54 PM
PetFinder Guru

Marcelleve is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Marcelleve Send a message via Yahoo to Marcelleve Send a message via Skype™ to Marcelleve

Hi Catmother,

Our condolence. May Shiraz rest in peace.
Hopefully, you can find another Shiraz to share your love and happiness.

Best Regards,
Eve
Old 12-27-2010, 09:29 PM
Animal Lover

nekoneko is on a distinguished road

Quote:
It's been 3-days since Shiraz left us. He was 9-months old. One of the 6 kids of Lola & Angelo. The soft & quiet one, humble and obedient and very loyal. He would greet me when I'm home and always show his affection by curling around my ankles whenever I'm getting ready to work everyday. Among all, he was the passive one. Not very active but still playful. I should've known his weakness but now it's too late

On Thursday 23rd December 2010 night when I reached home at 9pm, I spotted him at his favorite corner, not moving and wheezing. His breathing was heavy as if there was something in his throat. His ears were cold & his nose was dry. I knew something was wrong & tried my best to feed him & gave him water. He refused. All I could do was to wait til sunrise to rush him to the vet.

Friday morning, his condition worsen. I didn't know what to do but rushed him to the vet in Cheras. They told me to bring him straight to UPM vet instead, so I did. Reached there around 9.30am & he was in the emergency right away. An hour passed and the vet was telling me that his chance to survive is less than 50%. The cause of his breathing difficulty was unknown, as the x-ray service was still not ready yet.

At 10.45am, the vet told me told me that they need to ward him for a night for monitoring & hopefully within few days he would be fine. But, as she saying this, she added to be prepared for the worst. I was confident at first that he would be alright coz he had the fighting spirit (I knew this coz when the vet took his blood sample, he was still able to move his tail & grab my finger - I was holding his paw all along) . So I waited at the counter to prepare for payment etc. Not even a minute later, the vet came back & asked us to follow her. We went in. She asked to wait. Then she came back & said "he just passed away"

At that point of time, I don't care anything or anyone around me & burst into tears. I couldn't feel myself. I was terribly devastated. My heart was like on the floor. When I went into the ward, I saw his lifeless body with his eyes still opened as if he was waiting for us til his last breath. His body was still warm, but his mouth, tongue & skin looked blueish. I did not know the cause of death until now. And that still a question only he could answer.

We brought him back & buried him in front of the condo area on Christmas day. It's hard to let go and I still couldn't believe that he's now gone.

I just wanna share the following poem with everyone in here & hope that Shiraz finds peace in Heaven & one day we'll reunite forever. He is deeply missed by all, his brothers & sisters. Mummy, Daddy, Mama Lola, Papa Angelo, Uncle Wawang, Deq2, Nermal, Gabby, Minnie Moe, Flower Girl, not forgetting Uncle Peanut, Uncle Titi, Auntie Notty & Grandpa Jonnie miss you Shiraz boy. Love you forever & Mummy regrets that we didn't spend much time on the last few days before you're gone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to the Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food and water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who have been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except one thing- they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one stops and suddenly looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent, his eager body begins to quiver. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face. Your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then together, you and your special pet cross THE RAINBOW BRIDGE.

--Paul C. Dahm

i can feel it...
Old 12-29-2010, 10:41 AM
Fast & Furry

CatMother is on a distinguished road

Thanks... God bless all of you!

Yes, you're right Maneki.. It's been a roller coaster for me this year. It's tough and hope that it'll get better soon..

At least now can put my mind off the curiosity of his cause of sudden death. Done some research and seems like he had pulmonary edema symptoms, a kinda pneumonia that doesn't show clinically symptoms until to the last stage. What bothers me is why the vet did not perform any treatment for pneumonia? ie draining of fluid fr lungs.

Just like I thought and assumed, Shiraz was a victim of a string of wrong-place-wrong-time kinda situations. From the beginning, the Cheras vet was outta oxygen supply and that's the reason why we went to UPM vet. The journey itself, on a Friday morning peak hours have somewhat caused stress on Shiraz. The incident at UPM was, came to my mind rationally now, like of what a bunch of under grads in a lab experimenting a sick cat with neither incomplete equipments nor hands-on experiences, tragically on a Christmas eve. To conclude this misfortune (or fate), although I wanted to absorb 100% that his demise was fated, I still believe that he would be in better hands IF ONLY a well trained vet attended to him instead and determined the symptoms immediately. Of all disappointment and heart wrenching moments, one thing I regretted the most is not knowing his cause of death, as the vet herself couldn't find what really happened to him. I have to shake it off of my mind and accept the fact and move on but it is my responsibility to forewarn all feline lovers to be more alert and never leave your beloved little friend while the vet is attending to him.

I didn't mean to blame anyone 'cause I believe things happen for a reason and it's fated that he'd go that way.. I'm slowly accepting it but too hard to swallow just yet.

Let's just hope that one day, God give my Shiraz back to us...

::the 3d clanz::
Everything happens for a reason
Old 12-30-2010, 12:11 PM
Animal Lover

nekoneko is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Thanks... God bless all of you!

Yes, you're right Maneki.. It's been a roller coaster for me this year. It's tough and hope that it'll get better soon..

At least now can put my mind off the curiosity of his cause of sudden death. Done some research and seems like he had pulmonary edema symptoms, a kinda pneumonia that doesn't show clinically symptoms until to the last stage. What bothers me is why the vet did not perform any treatment for pneumonia? ie draining of fluid fr lungs.

Just like I thought and assumed, Shiraz was a victim of a string of wrong-place-wrong-time kinda situations. From the beginning, the Cheras vet was outta oxygen supply and that's the reason why we went to UPM vet. The journey itself, on a Friday morning peak hours have somewhat caused stress on Shiraz. The incident at UPM was, came to my mind rationally now, like of what a bunch of under grads in a lab experimenting a sick cat with neither incomplete equipments nor hands-on experiences, tragically on a Christmas eve. To conclude this misfortune (or fate), although I wanted to absorb 100% that his demise was fated, I still believe that he would be in better hands IF ONLY a well trained vet attended to him instead and determined the symptoms immediately. Of all disappointment and heart wrenching moments, one thing I regretted the most is not knowing his cause of death, as the vet herself couldn't find what really happened to him. I have to shake it off of my mind and accept the fact and move on but it is my responsibility to forewarn all feline lovers to be more alert and never leave your beloved little friend while the vet is attending to him.

I didn't mean to blame anyone 'cause I believe things happen for a reason and it's fated that he'd go that way.. I'm slowly accepting it but too hard to swallow just yet.

Let's just hope that one day, God give my Shiraz back to us...
be strong sis...yes things happen for a reason...hope it wont stop u to adopting cats...setiap yg hidup pasti akan mati...it just a matter of time...be happy and smile always for shiraz...i don't think he want his owner to be sad like this...
Old 12-30-2010, 02:45 PM
Animal Lover

mern is on a distinguished road

R.I.P shiraz..... missing my citot too....