Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens

Cats & Kittens General information and discussions on taking care of your feline buddy

Old 10-01-2015, 03:01 PM
Animal Lover

davicavida is on a distinguished road
Default I have question on raising a kitten

Hi there,

A kitten just popped up all in sudden at my door and meowing. The little kitty seems so pitiful in this raining day. I carefully carry it to dry its body and feed it with water. And that's it! I dont know what to do next!

May be this is the fate. I was thinking to adopt a kitty and asking my friends around to find out more how it suppose to start, just one day before. And now, this little poor thing popped up from nowhere on the next day. Perhaps, this is the fate and I just decided to take care of the kitty.

Now the questions arise....how I'm gonna to start? What to prepare? Food and shelter, injection and daily care? Extra cautions and allergic??? Dang! I am so clueless!

Dear all, I hope you can give me some guidance. I'd been surfing this site for few times because having a thought to adopt a kitten; but I never expect thing can happened so sudden. Thus, I joined petfinder to ask for your help.

Please. Or else, I may need to give up to adopt this little poor thing; as I don't want to hurt it. I rather get it adopt by someone who knows and able to take care of this kitty. Please...I really fond of this kitty. I want to raise it.

P/S: This little kitty seems about 1-3 mths old.
Old 10-11-2015, 02:24 AM
Animal Lover

ayuazami is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I have question on raising a kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by davicavida View Post
Hi there,

A kitten just popped up all in sudden at my door and meowing. The little kitty seems so pitiful in this raining day. I carefully carry it to dry its body and feed it with water. And that's it! I dont know what to do next!

May be this is the fate. I was thinking to adopt a kitty and asking my friends around to find out more how it suppose to start, just one day before. And now, this little poor thing popped up from nowhere on the next day. Perhaps, this is the fate and I just decided to take care of the kitty.

Now the questions arise....how I'm gonna to start? What to prepare? Food and shelter, injection and daily care? Extra cautions and allergic??? Dang! I am so clueless!

Dear all, I hope you can give me some guidance. I'd been surfing this site for few times because having a thought to adopt a kitten; but I never expect thing can happened so sudden. Thus, I joined petfinder to ask for your help.

Please. Or else, I may need to give up to adopt this little poor thing; as I don't want to hurt it. I rather get it adopt by someone who knows and able to take care of this kitty. Please...I really fond of this kitty. I want to raise it.

P/S: This little kitty seems about 1-3 mths old.
Hi there,

Actually, to me, it's fate when suddenly a kitten come to you. They seem like feel that you honestly want them. When they're there for you, please don't ever give up. They believe and wants you to take care of them. They need love as well. Firstly, if the kitten was around 1 months - 5 months, you can buy canned food, also formulated milk & kibbles for kittens. Make sure, not to give it too much, and you need to slowly teach it to eat (if the kitten doesn't want to eat it) please buy bowls for the kitten.

EAT/DRINK
Kibbles on Morning (3/4 from the size of bowl),
Formulated milk on the Afternoon (buy bottle for babycat - read the instruction on the formulate packaging), Canned food on the Night (please put it like 3/4 from the bowl / 2 big spoon) Don't forget to put fresh & clean water (change the water every day)

Things that you need:
Kibbles - 1
Formulated Milk - 1
Canned Food - 1
Clean water - 1

LITTER
Then, buy cat litter, litter tray & scoop. It is for when the kitten poop/pee (I think, you know what I mean). Don't put the litter too much, just a few, maybe 3/4 from the litter tray is enough. Change the litter every day (just scoop the poop/pee, you can re-use the rest of the litter) MAKE SURE you are buying litter that clumping. Recommended the clumping fragrant.

Things that you need:
Cat Litter (clumping) - 1
Litter Tray - 1
Scoop (small) - 1

GROOMING
Buy a shampoo for pet (fragrant), wash the kitten using hot water, but not too hot, you know what I mean, right? Then, dry it with a dry towel. If the kitten wants to be alone (while drying her/him self), so be it. Then, buy ear cleanser & eye rinse to clean the ear & eye area, put the cleanser on a cotton bud or something, but don't put it too much, a little is enough, then clean the area slowly until it's clean. You need to be patient a lot while taking care of your kitten, you know?

Things that you need :
Shampoo for pet (fragrant)
Brush for pet (according your kitten coat)
Ear Cleanser & Eye Rinse

P/s: If you wealth enough, buy a small bedding (if you want the kitten indoor), if not, just put a towel, and let the kitten sleep on it. But some kitten like to sleep with us or maybe close to your feet. And don't forget to buy a small collar for her/him.

Last edited by ayuazami; 10-11-2015 at 02:47 AM.