Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Hall of Shame

Hall of Shame There are lots of cruel and inconsiderate people out there. Expose their cruel deeds to the world and let them be shamed!

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 11:50 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Even the cat came to say goodbye ...

From http://www.mycen.com.my/rescue/updates.html

Saturday, 06/06/09:
Even The Cat Came To Say Goodbye

Volunteers Connie, Danny, Joyce and Louis discovered a pregnant Dalmatian on the their recent visit to Pulau Sungai Lima. This village is adjacent to Pulau Ketam. The dog's so-called caretaker at the coffee shop claimed she is a stray and wouldn't mind FFF taking the dog away after she has given birth.

Yesterday, me and Connie had a discussion with our vet. The doctor felt it would be better to evacuate the dog now than later; when she has puppies. So, off me and Connie went today with volunteers from Malaysian Dogs Deserve Better. This public holiday turned out to be a bitter sweet day for us.

I am happy to report that the woman who takes care of her is a genuine animal lover. She also has two cats which she loves very much. Her neighbours are all very fond of the spotted dog too. Yet, no one wants to claim ownership or responsibility. Understandably, they were quite reluctant to part with this very friendly and charming giant (earlier named Dotty by Connie and gang). Even the cat came to say goodbye to Dotty. Animals have this sixth sense.

After a long and gentle persuasion session in Hokkien, they agreed with me that it would be better to have their beloved dog spayed, vaccinated and adopted by someone more responsible.

It helped that the village headman, Mr Tan, chimed in to say he has seen images of happy dogs at Furry Friends Farm over RTM. Mr Tan was the one who agreed to halt the discarding of strays at the mangrove island when I pleaded with him in April. Importantly, he was also the first islander to take me to check on the thrown-away dogs at Pulau Selat Kering. I launched the rescue mission immediately thereafter.

As we were discussing, another woman brought a very friendly female dog named Ong. She said she is now forced to tie the dog up all day as her new children-in-laws don't like dogs. She wanted us to take Ong back as well. Both the women got teary-eyed and I assured them they can still see their dogs whenever they want.

Remember I wrote on the outset that we should win the hearts and minds of the villagers? I think we may have made some progress at Sungai Lima. It is heartening to know that some of the villagers are trying to find proper homes for the dogs instead of throwing them away.

Updates and pic by TV Smith

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Picture 1: The dotty gentle giant
Picture 2: Even the cat came to say goodbye
Picture 3: Ong's owner saying goodbye. See the dog's face. I think she sensed she may never see her owner again. Even more heartbreaking to see the owner crying on the jetty as we set sail.
Picture 4: Beautiful Ong on the boat. A new life ahead...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dotty01.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	5785   Click image for larger version

Name:	dotty02.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	5786   Click image for larger version

Name:	ong02.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	5788   Click image for larger version

Name:	ong01.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	5789  
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 06-09-2009, 11:56 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Default Hitam saves a black dog

Monday, 08/06/09:
Hitam Saves A Black Dog

Picture 1: Hitam saying goodbye to the black dog he lured from the swamps onto the floating fish farm last night.

Picture 2: I named the new swamp dog Macho. Even though he was scared, he growled and barked at every passing ship as we made our way back to the port.

Updates and pics by TV Smith.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	black_dog_1.jpg
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	5790   Click image for larger version

Name:	black_dog_2.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	5791  
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 06-09-2009, 12:12 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Default Aiyah! One got away ...

From http://pitch.pummkin.net/?p=693

Friday, May 5, 2009
Aiyah! One Got Away ...

Just when the workers had bagged another one in the cage, the fright sent this dog on a biting frenzy as it damaged the frame and dived into the water to swim back to the swampy reserve. I’d sure like to be in the water to outswim this dog but it happened just before we got there. Sigh…

Look at the cage (Picture below) …..

Kuning had gone in to herd them out again as his distinctive barks were heard from a distance with the other dogs. When we proceeded to fill the food stations, we could see Hitam swimming back to the kelong with Kuning behind him shortly after. Will upload a funny video afterwards.

Looks like we gotta work harder. There are still a lot more dogs in there ….

Author: Pummkin
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	pic217.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	5792  
Old 06-09-2009, 02:36 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Default Re: Pulau Ketam & MPK Klang Dump Dogs in Uninhabited Island

Tuesday, 09/06/09:
Just Spotted: One Lonely Black Dog

This is possibly one of the last few surviving dogs on Pulau Selat Kering. I spotted it on the mangrove shore further north of the fish farm during a survey. It seemed attracted by the boat engine sounds but ran back into the mangroves as the boat got nearer.

The last ones standing are difficult to catch as they are the some of the most aggressive and toughest. Neverthheless, Adi is confident of catching this one.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	black_dog_3.jpg
Views:	86
ID:	5794  
Old 06-09-2009, 02:53 PM
PetFinder Guru

melmel is on a distinguished road

Mr Miracle lives up to its name
Klang Local Mr Miracle Pulau Ketam

M.Mail Monday, June 8th, 2009

SAVED: Murugan rescuing 'Mr Miracle' from Pulau Ketam. The dog was wounded from fighting with other dogs

MORE heart-warming stories of animal rescue near the islands off Pulau Ketam, Klang, are continuing to pour in. The latest being that of a dog dubbed Mr Miracle.

On May 26, the Society of Prevention of Cruelty to Animals A. volunteers Murugan and Jorg Bandlow, and a crew from TV2, had gone to survey the population of dogs at Pulau Ketam, accompanied by one of the village heads.

As they were approaching a little landing, they saw a dog in the water under a walkway. But the villager said this dog was a nuisance and aggressive.

Seeing the tide was rising and the dog drifting helplessly in the current, Murugan quickly grabbed a leash and leaned over the walkway towards the water.

He skillfully looped the dog and used a second loop around its body to pull it out of the water.

"The dog was exhausted and suffered from wounds on its body and neck. We suspect it has been fighting with other dogs. He was easy to handle and seemed surprisingly friendly, contrary to what the villager had said," said SPCA assistant manager for marketing and communications Jacinta Johnson.

"The dog was then transferred into a cage and was given some food and water. It seemed grateful and relieved."

After the rescue, the survey team continued with their mission and counted 50 dogs on the island.

When the survey team returned to Kuala Lumpur, their new friend Mr Miracle came along and was sent to the veterinary. It was discharged yesterday after more than a week of treatment.

"He is back with us now and his wounds are healing well. He pleasantly sniffed our office dogs and looked around with his peaceful gaze. He seemed content and grateful," added Jacinta.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Ketam 70.jpg
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	5819  

Last edited by melmel; 06-10-2009 at 12:03 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:29 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Default Kuning's no coward — he's a deep-sea rescuer

From The Malay Mail at http://www.mmail.com.my/content/kuni...eepsea-rescuer

Kuning's no coward — he's a deep-sea rescuer
by Darshini Kandasamy

Wednesday, June 3rd, 2009 07:26:00

His name is Kuning and he's fast gaining a reputation as a wonder dog, helping animal rescuers bring home fellow canines from the uninhabited islands off Pulau Ketam, Klang.

Indeed, according to pet rescuers, Kuning — who had gone missing two weeks ago — and his fellow pooch- Hitam are touted as the 'leaders' for aiding in rescue of 18 abandoned dogs.

Kuning was one of the first batch of dogs left by Pulau Ketam villagers on an isolated island. He swam from the mangroves to the nearest kelong (floating fish farm) where he and Hitam were adopted by the workers there.

Furry Friends Farm (FFF) principal Sabrina Yeap said that Kuning did not know what the rescue missions were about when they first started on May 2.

"We asked for the fishermen's help but because of the jellyfish and sea snakes, we had discouraged them to go into the water. Unexpectedly, Kuning swam to the island one day. Some of the dogs there followed him and swam back out. It was as though he understood we were trying to lure out the dogs," related Yeap.

"The fishermen would then place cages on the boat and coax the swimming dogs into climbing onto the boats and straight into the cages."

She said the fluctuations between high and low tides had hampered rescue missions but the combined efforts of Kuning and Hitam and the fishermen helped to save time and speed up operations.

"Hitam would eat fish at the kelong and swim out to the island where he would actually cough out the food for the other dogs to eat," narrated Yeap.

FFF managed to rescue 21 dogs, three on their own and the rest with the 'follow the leader' style of Kuning and Hitam. Yeap said proudly: "They deserve medals."

Even the kelong workers felt safer with the two around as they proved to be excellent guards, barking and alerting the workers whenever anyone neared the place.

So, when free-spirited Kuning went missing, speculation was rife for about a fortnight about what could have happened — until he was found, safe and sound with veteran webmaster-blogger TV Smith, who was also doing rescue work. Kuning had been mistaken by two independent rescuers for one of the abandoned dogs and carted off for fostering.

But you can bet after a fully sponsored break with free board and breakfast and more, Kuning is back to business of being 'lifeguard'

Picture below: HOME FROM A HOLIDAY: The Best Friend with TV Smith on a boat heading towards Kuning's kelong
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ketam_11.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	5818  
Old 06-10-2009, 12:44 PM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation
Default Re: Kuning's no coward — he's a deep-sea rescuer

Melmel and furkids,
Until today how many already rescue by below group. Would you asking them give you information, since you both have connect comunicate to each other rescue group.
I think forum member and visitor also like to know.
SPCA-how many already?
FFF-how many already?

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:46 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Clement, refering to post #506 in this thread, Sabrina Yeap of Furry Friends Farm (FFF) officially reported in The Malay Mail (http://www.mmail.com.my/content/kuni...eepsea-rescuer ) in the article entitled "Kuning's no coward — he's a deep-sea rescuer" published on ]Wednesday, June 3rd, 2009 that:

FFF managed to rescue 21 dogs, three on their own and the rest with the 'follow the leader' style of Kuning and Hitam. Yeap said proudly: "They deserve medals."
Old 06-10-2009, 04:53 PM
PetFinder Moderator

Thank you Furkids, is glad to know the how many already rescue for total of day was do rescue. Now waiting another SPCA.
Furry Friends Farm is rescue 21 dog at the moment, until today number of rescue.

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:59 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Default Pulau Ketam Performance Report ...

Clement, looks like FFF only rescue 3 and Kuning & Hitam rescue 18 ...

2 big juicy bones for Kuning and Hitam coming up .....
Old 06-11-2009, 04:05 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Default Lonely no more ...

Thursday, 11/06/09:
Lonely no more

Good news. The lonely black dog from Tuesday is caught and safe in the vet now. But there is something puzzling about this dog named Robbie. More on this later...

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	black_dog_3.jpg
Views:	77
ID:	5844   Click image for larger version

Name:	robbie.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	5845  
Old 06-11-2009, 04:10 PM
PetFinder Moderator

Default Re: Lonely no more ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post

Thursday, 11/06/09:
Lonely no more

Good news. The lonely black dog from Tuesday is caught and safe in the vet now. But there is something puzzling about this dog named Robbie. More on this later...

Furkid, almost you post the dogs is color yellow and black. do have other color?

Old 06-11-2009, 04:30 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Hahahahaaa!!! Clement, you mean red, green, blue and purple ah? Sorry, don't have la .... only got dull colors, that is why people don't want the poor fellas and dump them all, I think ... poor doggies!
Old 06-12-2009, 11:59 AM
PetFinder Guru

mrsdolittle is on a distinguished road

Dear all,

These are a few photos of the rescued dog recently, Mr Miracle and Lady Karuna socializing with SPCA's PR dogs and a volunteer. These photos were taken this morning.

Name:	102_6336[1].jpg
Views:	157
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	5865...Mr Miracle receiving a kiss from our volunteer

Name:	102_6337[1].jpg
Views:	149
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	5866... he is a ROMEO

Name:	102_6338[1].jpg
Views:	161
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	5867

Name:	102_6339[1].jpg
Views:	151
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	5868... Lady Karuna... isn't she beautiful?

Name:	102_6341[1].jpg
Views:	150
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	5869

Name:	102_6340[1].jpg
Views:	140
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	5870

All of them are doing well. Rescued another dog from Selat Kering yesterday and with the vet at the moment. All of the rescued dogs are given personal attention and a few at a time since some are still very nervous, but healthy and "fatty".

p.s. please ignore the date.... you guys know laaa... my camera dah "kaput"...

...THE DAY I KNOW THE MEANING OF TRUE LOVE, LOYALTY, TRUST AND FRIENDSHIP...
...TIGER IN MEMORY...

Last edited by mrsdolittle; 06-12-2009 at 12:16 PM.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:13 PM
PetFinder Moderator

Mrsdolittle,
Thank you for sharing, would you check total how many dogs already rescue by SPCA until today? just estimated. Many people still waiting to know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdolittle View Post
Dear all,

These are a few photos of the rescued dog recently, Mr Miracle and Lady Karuna socializing with SPCA's PR dogs and a volunteer. These photos were taken this morning.

Attachment 5865...Mr Miracle receiving a kiss from our volunteer

Attachment 5866... he is a ROMEO

Attachment 5867

Attachment 5868... Lady Karuna... isn't she beautiful?

Attachment 5869

Attachment 5870

Old 06-12-2009, 12:33 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

Thanks for sharing the photos, Mrs Dolittle. Yes, Lady Karuna is indeed beautiful. She looks so intelligent.

Clement, Lady Karuna is cream colour.

Mrs Dolittle, I think you'll have to dye them some interesting colours. clement here is asking for other colour dogs apart from yellow and black....
Old 06-12-2009, 12:43 PM
PetFinder Guru

melmel is on a distinguished road

Mrs Dolittle & Blackie,

I visited Miracle yesterday, such a handsome boy .

bravo, spca
Old 06-12-2009, 12:45 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

Yup, Melmel, SPCA is doing an amazing job!!

But don't forget, credit must go to the volunteers, too, as they braved the dangers of the place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmel View Post
Mrs Dolittle & Blackie,

I visited Miracle yesterday, such a handsome boy .

bravo, spca
Old 06-12-2009, 12:45 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog is my buddy View Post
Mrsdolittle,
Thank you for sharing, would you check total how many dogs already rescue by SPCA until today? just estimated. Many people still waiting to know.
15 all together... not an estimation.

...TIGER IN MEMORY...
Old 06-12-2009, 01:00 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
Yup, Melmel, SPCA is doing an amazing job!!

But don't forget, credit must go to the volunteers, too, as they braved the dangers of the place.
Ya!!! Betul tu Blackie... so, dengan ini Kak Shahrul, on behalf of SPCA (only in this particular thread ya...) wish to thank all volunteers and supporters for their courage and help in any ways... WE THANK YOU...

...TIGER IN MEMORY...

Last edited by mrsdolittle; 06-12-2009 at 01:18 PM.
Closed Thread