Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Dogs & Puppies

Dogs & Puppies General information and discussions on taking care of your canine buddy

Old 09-09-2011, 09:53 PM
PetFinder Guru

Rayquaza17 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: GSD, husky or Golden R. for terrace hse???

Quote:
I would beg to differ on adopting adult dogs. I have personally adopted adult dogs with no issues. And I have rehomed many adult dogs with no issues also. I currently have near 20 dogs for adoption, pedigrees n mixed breeds. If there is anyone who is interested in adopting a dog, do come and view them and gauge for yourself whether they are well behaved/traumatised/aggressive or unpredictable.
That is just my theory. I don't mean to offense you or anything. I have see your FB page and see wonderful things that you have done. Is just because 'SOME' people now is very abusive or cruel to their dog and after they beat them up, they just abandon it. So other people find that beaten up dog. Do wonderful job at healing them up. Soon they tried to find a good house for the dog. But because the people who is coming to adopt the dog that sometimes didn't bother to ask question about it, find it difficult to handle or either is getting angry because of how it behaves..Its probably because of the traumatic experience. Some got beaten up real bad that they don't even trust people anymore. Well that is just my assuming theory cause I have seen cases like this before. Like I have said...I don't mean to offense anyone. So sorry if it accidentally offense you guys..
Old 09-11-2011, 12:33 AM
Animal Lover

Doghouse is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: GSD, husky or Golden R. for terrace hse???

I agree with Furrenz. I have adopted two adult mongrel dogs and they have turned out to be the sweetest animals ever. In fact, all my life, I've had the best experience with my pets who were mongrels compared to the pure breds. If considering a breed, why not take a mongrel dog? The vet bills are from all the diseases due to indiscriminate breeding and lack of adaptability to the climate will be a lot more than those of mixed breeds who are bred to survive and have immunity from a lot of the diseases. Also since you live in the plantation, they have natural instinct to detect snakes. Consider it. (I know my mixed breeds have saved the family many times from cobras in the bathroom, in the washing machine and under kitchem cupboards.)
Old 09-11-2011, 08:28 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayquaza17 View Post
That is just my theory. I don't mean to offense you or anything. I have see your FB page and see wonderful things that you have done. Is just because 'SOME' people now is very abusive or cruel to their dog and after they beat them up, they just abandon it. So other people find that beaten up dog. Do wonderful job at healing them up. Soon they tried to find a good house for the dog. But because the people who is coming to adopt the dog that sometimes didn't bother to ask question about it, find it difficult to handle or either is getting angry because of how it behaves..Its probably because of the traumatic experience. Some got beaten up real bad that they don't even trust people anymore. Well that is just my assuming theory cause I have seen cases like this before. Like I have said...I don't mean to offense anyone. So sorry if it accidentally offense you guys..
Hi, Rayquaza -- I think you and Furrenz are both right, depending upon the situation. As you said, a dog that comes from an abusive home may have emotional and behavioural problems.

On the other hand, a highly skilled rescuer will carefully screen foster dogs and will then work patiently with them to overcome their trauma. She will also work carefully to find good potential adopters who will also work patiently with the dog. A responsible rescuer would never place a dog into another unsuitable home. I believe Furrenz is this type of rescuer, and I wouldn't hesitate to adopt an adult dog from her. If someone offered me a dog that they had simply taken from an abusive neighbour and sheltered for a week or two before putting it up for adoption, I'd have the same concerns you mentioned.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:48 PM
Animal Lover

feltan is on a distinguished road

Hi Glenn,

Since you are getting the Dog Whisperer show from me. I suggest that you watch one of the Master series episode where Cesar demo how to select the right dog for your family.
There is also one episode where he selected four puppies from different breeds and raise them with the Cesar's way. The breeds are Pitbull, Labrador, Mini Schnauzer and English Bull dog.
He is trying to prove that the breed does not the matter but the person behind the dog who makes the difference.