Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Pet Welfare, Rescue & Adoption > Animal Organizations & Societies > SPCA

SPCA All discussions and information related to the non-profit SPCA organization. SPCA is the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.

Old 04-15-2009, 02:59 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Spca ampang in need of more adopters...

Bro, I put litter box with litter sand outside. big one.now they cannot complaint strays berak sana kencing sini anymore But I'm sure they will cook up some stories just to get rid of these strays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
Now jokes aside and let us focus on something that we can do if poo/pee along the stairs and corridors is a problem ...

Yes, actually around concrete buildings there are very few places for the cats to ease themselves, to be truthful.

The poor things have very few places as toilets. So what my friends and I do is to put in several huge planter boxes and fill them up with sand/soil and place a few plants in them (not too much so that they do not cover all the soil and the cats cannot get to them). The plants camoflage their toilet.

We do scooping regularly.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:04 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spca ampang in need of more adopters...

Like the cats ran off with their kain dalam to use as beddings ...
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 04-15-2009, 03:07 PM
Animal Lover

eeeeeeeeeeeeeek!! dogs only can do that ler.

Quote:
Like the cats ran off with their kain dalam to use as beddings ...
Old 04-15-2009, 03:08 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Kak Anum, bring your greatest leng chai from SPCA to melt this woman's heart with guilt and if the burly husband gives trouble, turn your magic on him ... cairkan dia ... the rest of us all sorok behind the staircase anxiously to sokong you ...

... and belanja you kopi latte after that ...
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 04-15-2009, 03:11 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
eeeeeeeeeeeeeek!! dogs only can do that ler.
I actually saw one of my cats do that ... dia tarik sarong my neighbour at the back down from the drying line ... bila the sarong fell on the floor, kawan tidur atas nya ...

... nasib baik the neighbour is animal tolerant wan ...
Old 04-15-2009, 03:23 PM
PetFinder Guru

bbpie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Banyak kala mereka tak retreat mcm tu, Bb, in a lot of cases it ended up with the kucing-suffering a much worse fate than before akibat api kemarahan yg bertambah teruk (to the point where logic fails completely) ... mereka talipon aje Bandaraya atau mereka terus tabur racun tikus ... and there goes all your hard work and neutered cats ... and the vacuum gets filled with new unneutered cats and you are back to square one or even worse ... do try to keep the temperature and blood pressure rendah (I know it is easier said than done) ... in situations like this, the head has really got to rule the heart ... for the poor cats' sake.

Sebab tu saya kata that as long as the environment for tolerance towards animals living amongst us in the community as managed stray colonies is not established by people concerned via aggressive Adult Communities Awareness Education Programs, Trap-Neuter-Release is in vain.

It is no point targeting school kids because the core problem lies with the adults.

not to worry abe, as for now, ive not lost my cool (yet). i just try n talk some sense in them. mmg betul, its d adults that need to b educated, in turn dorang turunkan ilmu kat anak2. believe me, before this no one even knew about nak kembirikan kucing, TNR n what not. its always d attitude "tidak ape" or "its not my prob". thankfully, ive lived in that area sejak kecik..so its like a kampung juga, everybody knows everybody..so wont b good to masam muke n such. i am tryin as much as possible to reach out to them n make them understand, allhamdulillah..neighbours depan belakang seme tunjuk positif signs.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:24 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Kak Anum, bring your greatest leng chai from SPCA to melt this woman's heart with guilt and if the burly husband gives trouble, turn your magic on him ... cairkan dia ... the rest of us all sorok behind the staircase anxiously to sokong you ...

... and belanja you kopi latte after that ...
kopi ja? nasik kerabu xdok ka?
Old 04-15-2009, 03:26 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
I actually saw one of my cats do that ... dia tarik sarong my neighbour at the back down from the drying line ... bila the sarong fell on the floor, kawan tidur atas nya ...

... nasib baik the neighbour is animal tolerant wan ...
this is exactly like my little Yen, he will tarik all d baju kecik, seluar kecik n play with them like bola..bile letih will kutip satu2 buh lam cage dia to play with later

sbb kenakalan dia ni la my mum refuses to accept him (well, that, and also d fact that he broke her fav vase!)
Old 04-15-2009, 03:27 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbpie View Post
not to worry abe, as for now, ive not lost my cool (yet). i just try n talk some sense in them. mmg betul, its d adults that need to b educated, in turn dorang turunkan ilmu kat anak2. believe me, before this no one even knew about nak kembirikan kucing, TNR n what not. its always d attitude "tidak ape" or "its not my prob". thankfully, ive lived in that area sejak kecik..so its like a kampung juga, everybody knows everybody..so wont b good to masam muke n such. i am tryin as much as possible to reach out to them n make them understand, allhamdulillah..neighbours depan belakang seme tunjuk positif signs.
cerito mace ni la sedak kito dengar nie ... jare dengar tapi skali-skalo ado ... a success story ...
Old 04-15-2009, 03:30 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
kopi ja? nasik kerabu xdok ka?
Oloh ... mulo doh ...
Old 04-15-2009, 03:53 PM
PetFinder Guru

mrsdolittle is on a distinguished road

Hmmmmm......

As usual.... always off topic. Can we stay focus on the real topic here?

And Lynielime, your Mummy cat is still around and 2 kitties... you know where...

Well, is anybody out there into saving "TRAPPED ANIMALS?".

...THE DAY I KNOW THE MEANING OF TRUE LOVE, LOYALTY, TRUST AND FRIENDSHIP...
...TIGER IN MEMORY...
Old 04-15-2009, 04:07 PM
PetFinder Guru

lynielime is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdolittle View Post
Hmmmmm......

And Lynielime, your Mummy cat is still around and 2 kitties... you know where...

yeah i heard from jacinta last night that only speedy, sonic, and bolt were adopted.. two adopted together i heard. i've been hoping someone would take a kitten and the mother together.. the remaining ones would be great as a trio actually.. coz taz and sonic look just like their mama.. even have the same tiny bobtail and almost identical facial markings.. if really no one wants mama, i'll take her back.. i know its not easy for a 7 year old cat to get adopted.. especially if she doesn't look exotic.. but still i just hope and hope and hope that someone will see her with her child and be kind and loving enough to adopt her as well.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:59 PM
Animal Lover

Kak Anum trapped animal you mean trapped in SPCA or trapped kat rmh/apartment??

Don't worry kak anum,though I don't show or canang the whole PF, I do my own rescue work and put the cats for adoption.

Quote:
Hmmmmm......

Old 04-15-2009, 05:02 PM
PetFinder Guru

meira is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to meira

Quote:
hm true..dulu b4 i join petfinder n xde bele cat..i mmg langsung x dulik psl kucing2 liar ni.lepas dh bele n join forum ni..br la terbukak minda about neuter2 ni.dh ade prasaan nk tlg derang ape yg termampu.

1st time i slamatkan stray is a kitten.sian die terperangkap dlm tyre..dh le basah br lepas hujan.trus bwk blk umah bg mkn sedap2.(cuak jugak time nk amek tu..sbb x reti nk jage kitten.).bile dh ok put him for adoption.bile dh selamat di adopt oleh org baik2..perasaan lega tu tayah ckp la..bes sgt2.

bende2 mcm ni mmg kene terapkan kt diri semua org.dr org yg xtau menahu mcm sy ni..trus berkobar2 nk selamatkan animals esp cat..dog i takut.so syabas kepade penyelamat2 binatang ni..mmg sy respect sgt2
Old 04-15-2009, 05:04 PM
PetFinder Guru

Yes my adik2. What we can see here, is "A NEIGHBORHOOD PROBLEM" and how we can help you?

Give me the address and we will send our people to pass out "THE EDUCATION FILE" for the adults, grown ups....

Thats the first step. NOT TO GET JUNE INTO TROUBLE... since there is no complain made to SPCA about "CATS BEING NUISANCE".

Quote:
June
Control, control ... (for the cats' sake only, otherwise saya pun lempang dia ...)

Call SPCA and ask their "Awareness Education Officer" to go and neutralise the situation (you keep out of this and keep a low profile because of the conflict - June got tons of emotional baggage oredi - and you must exercise restrain for damage control ... otherwise, all it takes is one phone call and they will all drown in that famous Setapak swimming pool!) and use their persuasive skills to create a change in the adult mindset to one that is compassionate towards animals around us that are also God's creation and have the right to life, and be a role model to children.

Also, stand firm that the cats are not to be removed for culling simply because they do not have a home (actually they do, outside the apartment and June is their caregiver!) and their fur is less than 1 inch long.

...TIGER IN MEMORY...
Old 04-15-2009, 05:07 PM
Animal Lover

hahahah!! jgnlah kata mcm tu kak.I don't make trouble here.most of my neigbhours kat sini kenal saya.they do know what I'm doing. In fact I have neigbhours yg baik dan ikut tlg saya rescue kucing like Ms Yap and 1 Indian family merangkap catsitter I. tp ada beberapa segelintir org2 yg ada otak tp tak pakai juga kat sini.this are the people kena kiwi sikit otak durang

Quote:
Yes my adik2. What we can see here, is "A NEIGHBORHOOD PROBLEM" and how we can help you?

Give me the address and we will send our people to pass out "THE EDUCATION FILE" for the adults, grown ups....

Thats the first step. NOT TO GET JUNE INTO TROUBLE...
Old 04-15-2009, 05:12 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
hahahah!! jgnlah kata mcm tu kak.I don't make trouble here.most of my neigbhours kat sini kenal saya.they do know what I'm doing. In fact I have neigbhours yg baik dan ikut tlg saya rescue kucing like Ms Yap and 1 Indian family merangkap catsitter I. tp ada beberapa segelintir org2 yg ada otak tp tak pakai juga kat sini.this are the people kena kiwi sikit otak durang
These kind of "SO CALLED ADULT" NEEDS EDUCATION BADLY... THEY CAN ACTUALLY LEARN FROM THEIR OWN CHILDREN...

We can do it June, not going to "THAT NON ANIMAL LOVING" NEIGHBOR, but to pass out flyers and leaflets into the mail boxes...

...TIGER IN MEMORY...

Last edited by mrsdolittle; 04-18-2009 at 08:21 AM.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:04 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Hmmmmm......

hehehe..kakak, jgn ler mare...look at it this way, kakak june, abe FK r also helping in their own way. at least for sure kocing2 yg bawah their watchful eyes dont masuk pintu SPCA..kurang crowded situ kan. ramai juga yg bb taw r doing d same..cume same like kakak june, dorang pun xcanang here n there. i believe every bits help, n with adenye forum like petfinder, hopefully akan bertambah ramai lagi yg do d same

Quote:
Kak Anum trapped animal you mean trapped in SPCA or trapped kat rmh/apartment??

Don't worry kak anum,though I don't show or canang the whole PF, I do my own rescue work and put the cats for adoption.
kakak june, i have to salute u la..sampai terjun lobang lift! ..yg tu bb belum penah...setakat panjat bombong n terjun longkang ado laaa heheheh

abe FK!!! cepat melanjer kakak dolittle minum kupi, dia da mare kite merapu kat sini taw!
Old 04-15-2009, 09:54 PM
Animal Lover

hahahahahhahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!! itu pun ada pertolongan dari budak2 bujang sebelah rumah.tukang pegang tali

Quote:
hehehe..kakak, jgn ler mare...look at it this way, kakak june, abe FK r also helping in their own way. at least for sure kocing2 yg bawah their watchful eyes dont masuk pintu SPCA..kurang crowded situ kan. ramai juga yg bb taw r doing d same..cume same like kakak june, dorang pun xcanang here n there. i believe every bits help, n with adenye forum like petfinder, hopefully akan bertambah ramai lagi yg do d same

kakak june, i have to salute u la..sampai terjun lobang lift! ..yg tu bb belum penah...setakat panjat bombong n terjun longkang ado laaa heheheh

abe FK!!! cepat melanjer kakak dolittle minum kupi, dia da mare kite merapu kat sini taw!
Old 04-16-2009, 08:34 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
... abe FK!!! cepat melanjer kakak dolittle minum kupi, dia da mare kite merapu kat sini taw!
... Eoowwwwhhhhh!!!! Saya tidak dan tidak akan belanja kopiak kat orang kecuali dia pergi buat kerja cairkan hati keras orang dewasa keparat yg kefala batu with ZERO TOLERANCE FOR STRAYS tu ....

... and who actually believes that there should be ZERO STRAYS living amongst humans in our community (what the hell does she think she is? ... wait till she meets her Maker ...)

... like SPCA Hong Kong buat, for example, pergi buat Awareness Education Program kat Community areas utk memujuk that orang ramai that "ANIMALS ARE NEVER A NUISANCE ... THEY ARE CREATED BY GOD FOR US ... HUMANS ARE THE NUISANCE, THE VIRUS OF THE EARTH ... NEVER THE ANIMALS! ALL THEIR PROBLEMS ARE CREATED BY HUMANS AND BLAMED ON THEM! "

Tapi saya belanja dia nasik kerabu budu double boley kerana beliau berbesar hati utk menerima dan menyayangi si Scooby Boboy ... dan kini, Scooby Gugurl ...

Last edited by FurKids; 04-16-2009 at 08:42 AM.