Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens

Cats & Kittens General information and discussions on taking care of your feline buddy

Old 02-22-2012, 02:47 PM
Izan

Izan287 is on a distinguished road
Smile Pure Breed British Shorthair

Hi....Anyone tahu kt mana boleh saya dpt BSH. Looking for purebreed, tak certified pun tak apa. Tak nak mix & it must be male. BTW, ada siapa2 tahu what is the price? Thanks
Old 02-22-2012, 03:16 PM
PetFinder Guru

Felix The Cat is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Pure Breed British Shorthair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izan287 View Post
Hi....Anyone tahu kt mana boleh saya dpt BSH. Looking for purebreed, tak certified pun tak apa. Tak nak mix & it must be male. BTW, ada siapa2 tahu what is the price? Thanks
Hi...

Ada one of the members kat sini jual BSH tapi tak pasti kalo ada cert ke tak.
Price dia agak mahal juga dalam RM2000 to RM3,500.00 macam tu. Kalo tak ada cert tak berbaloi you beli dengan harga tu sebab dengan harga macam tu you boleh dapat seekor BSH dengan cert. You boleh tanya kat dia la... nama dia Xsynic. Baru baru nie dia ada iklan dalam Mudah.com.

Felix The Cat - Dee wonderful wonderful cat!
http://felixthecats.weebly.com
http://livinginmyworld-phyllis.blogspot.com/
Old 02-23-2012, 12:21 PM
Izan

I looked thru mudah.com.my but can't find xysnic....Tapi I jumpa 2 other person yg ada, also thru web. One is asking for 2K, another is ready to part with the kitten for 2.5K. Rasanya both takde papers. Also, I found one breeder yg letak 6K. This one is certified frm TICA......Semua kitty tu akn boleh ambil bila umur 3 months.

Huk aloh haiiii! Pikir2 balik, mcm nak give up je BSH ni. But I have fallen in luv with one for so many years dah. Suka tgok muka dia yg lebar mcm teddy bear tu escp the blue BSH
Old 02-23-2012, 02:51 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izan287 View Post
I looked thru mudah.com.my but can't find xysnic....Tapi I jumpa 2 other person yg ada, also thru web. One is asking for 2K, another is ready to part with the kitten for 2.5K. Rasanya both takde papers. Also, I found one breeder yg letak 6K. This one is certified frm TICA......Semua kitty tu akn boleh ambil bila umur 3 months.

Huk aloh haiiii! Pikir2 balik, mcm nak give up je BSH ni. But I have fallen in luv with one for so many years dah. Suka tgok muka dia yg lebar mcm teddy bear tu escp the blue BSH
Hi, Izan!

I don't think many reputable breeders would list their cats for sale in places like Mudah, and certainly wouldn't sell them thru pet shops. My advice: start going to cat shows. Walk around. Look at the cats, and talk to the breeders. Listen to what the judges say.

Good, responsible breeders have few litters of kittens. They don't just churn out kittens for money -- they care about the health and well-being of their cats and of the breed. They place their cats and kittens in new homes very carefully. They want to know something about you, not just whether you'll hand over a big chunk of money. They provide you with the cat's pedigree certificate and health records.

You can learn a lot about cats by going to the cat shows and wandering about, but you can also get a good sense of who is a reputable breeder and who is less so. :-) Good luck!
Old 02-23-2012, 03:30 PM
Izan

Hi,

Thanks for the sound advice...Yes, I am very new in keeping cats, but my admiration for these fury balls has been very long especially the BSH. The breeder that I contacted did not advertise in Mudah.com. I found his cattery website and called him personally. He's been very nice and very informative abt this special breed. But, as much as I would love to cuddle one in my home, I'm still wary about spending such amount for a cat
Old 02-24-2012, 01:03 PM
Gentle Giant

Coony is on a distinguished road

Don't waste time getting a pedigree without cert becoz you don't know how much truth in them. Don't even deal with breeder who offer you option of with & without cert becoz 99% of them are con. Don't buy from xysnic he is not an honest breeder, I know someone who had a bad experience with him, a pure Bengal which was not. If you are not planning to be a breeder a spay/neuter is not that expensive even from a reputable breeder.

Best Maine Coon Cattery in CFA ID Asia/LA since 2004
The only Maine Coon cattery with 3 DM, 3 Top Ten MCO National & produce the most GC/GP (30) & DW (12) in CFA ID Asia/LA
Old 02-24-2012, 01:12 PM
Gentle Giant

Majority of breeders selling their pet at Mudah.com or Adpost are not truly honest breeder & more then half the time they over price their cat, not to mention the high chances of them being not pure breed

The only Maine Coon cattery with 3 DM, 3 Top Ten MCO National & produce the most GC/GP (30) & DW (12) in CFA ID Asia/LA
Old 02-25-2012, 03:08 AM
Animal Lover

Cat Newbie is on a distinguished road

Hi Izan287,

It is your money and it is your decision. As long as you love the cat for the cat itself or the cat as part of your business strategy in making money; make a choice don't look back.

Please visit http://www.worldkittens.com for kittens listing of almost all breed if you're interested as price comparison.

Since you are interested in BSH, please visit http://www.worldkittens.com/kittens/britishshorthair/ directly for BSH kitten listing.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:09 PM
Junior Breeder

archivelore is on a distinguished road

3000 without cert is a lecher price. plus as what jimmy said... is it truely purebreed?
Old 03-01-2012, 11:52 AM
Animal Lover

Casis is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I found this website for British short hair. http://www.petsonline.com.my/catdeta...Uid=1740&Sid=0

Well, I'm not sure whether its a pure bred or not. May be you can give a call to find out.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:21 PM
Gentle Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casis View Post
Hi,

I found this website for British short hair. http://www.petsonline.com.my/catdeta...Uid=1740&Sid=0

Well, I'm not sure whether its a pure bred or not. May be you can give a call to find out.
Not much possibility of a BSH for RM200. Some conman out there always used beautiful pedigree photo download from the website to cheat ppl.

Old 03-01-2012, 07:23 PM
Junior Breeder

cant agree more...
some byb wont sell so-called bsh for 200... they even make it higher than real bsh...
Old 03-01-2012, 08:35 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by archivelore View Post
cant agree more...
some byb wont sell so-called bsh for 200... they even make it higher than real bsh...
Archivelore, you raise a good point. If someone wants to buy a pedigreed cat -- BUYER BEWARE! You have 3 options:

1. Learn as much as you possibly can about the breed and the breed standard. Be prepared to question breeders/sellers extensively and, if they are at all responsible, be prepared to answer their questions. (Good breeders don't just hand over their cats & kittens to the first person who comes along and offers money.) Learn enough to know what to look for, what to avoid, what questions to ask.

2. Risk being cheated. If you don't know what a top-notch BSH or a Persian or a Manx looks like, and if you're willing to believe whatever a seller tells you ("Oh, no certificate, but for sure purebred, lah!"), then you can expect to pay a very high price for a DSH or DLH cat.

3. The third option is to look at the enormous number of non-pedigreed but absolutely gorgeous cats are out there waiting for adoption. Ask yourself. Do you really need a purebred cat? Why? If you want a beautiful and loving pet, open your eyes and adopt one. :-)
Old 03-02-2012, 07:52 PM
Junior Breeder

yes... agree with you...
do learn about the breed you want... at least the basic of it... why waste up to 3k when you being cheated...

yes... you might think pedigree breeder will let go of their cat at a high price... but they know why they put such a price... the price is adjust accordingly to breed standard...

if you think that breeders are fussy... understand why they are fussy...
Old 03-23-2012, 11:40 AM
Izan

Hi all,

Sorry senyap je for sometimes. Selain busy giler, rasa cam tkde news nak update. But today, just nak share our latest addition to the family - TITAN BLEU PENDRAGON.

Thanks to a good samaritan, Bleu skrg is part of our family
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (5).jpg
Views:	1477
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	11463