Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Dogs & Puppies > Health, Disease & Diet

Health, Disease & Diet Find out the best tips and practices on managing your dog's diet, health care, and issues with diseases from our community of animal lovers

Old 12-06-2008, 04:30 PM
PetFinder Wowwow

vivi is on a distinguished road
Default Rocky don't like to drink water? How? Please advise.

Hi guys,
My dog don't like to drink water.
And his smell are very strong.
How ler?
Old 01-20-2009, 11:23 AM
PetFinder Guru

daphne1985 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to daphne1985
Default Re: Rocky don't like to drink water? How? Please advise.

Hi, if your puppy did not like to drink water please do not worry u still hv another way. When you feed Rocky, feed him a boil water with some sugar and add the pet food inside, let is cool and serve it to your Rocky. Remember put more water when u feed him food. So when he want to eat the food he will drink the water as well. This is the good alternative for your pet to drink more water.

Last time when I feed my Yuuki, I like to add lots of water inside his canned food. you boil the water until it boiled, mix in 2 spoon of the canne food (chicken, tuna,lamb) , stir well until it mix well. Add in few rice and serve it

*Yuuki finish it everytime
* he also did not like drinking water

2nd - boil milk add in little sugar, let it cool 1st them add in pet food for him

1st is to prevent eat too salty
2nd is to make him drink more water while eating food

you can try, but I do not noe it work for u or not.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:08 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by daphne1985 View Post
Hi, if your puppy did not like to drink water please do not worry u still hv another way. When you feed Rocky, feed him a boil water with some sugar and add the pet food inside, let is cool and serve it to your Rocky. Remember put more water when u feed him food. So when he want to eat the food he will drink the water as well. This is the good alternative for your pet to drink more water.

Last time when I feed my Yuuki, I like to add lots of water inside his canned food. you boil the water until it boiled, mix in 2 spoon of the canne food (chicken, tuna,lamb) , stir well until it mix well. Add in few rice and serve it

*Yuuki finish it everytime
* he also did not like drinking water

2nd - boil milk add in little sugar, let it cool 1st them add in pet food for him

1st is to prevent eat too salty
2nd is to make him drink more water while eating food

you can try, but I do not noe it work for u or not.
DO NOT ADD ANY SUGAR, dear, sugar not good or necessary. Get some fresh chicken carcases from the chicken seller in the market (or some good soup bones with lots of marrow from your regular butcher), boil and make some good concentrated soup stock and give it to your dog. No salt, no sugar, no MSG, no herbs, no spices, no garlic/onions, no chilli (you'll be amazed what some people put in for the dogs just because humans must have lots of oil, sugar, salt, ajinomoto, sauces, hot-hot chillies) ... as if dog/cat bodies are the same as humans!
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 01-20-2009, 04:31 PM
Animal Lover

altus1314 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to altus1314
Smile Re: Rocky don't like to drink water? How? Please advise.

u can put some glukos at the water but make sure put so many. And go to pet shop buy a item that force pet to take medic.I dont know what is the name.And force ur puppy get a dose of water every 2 hours because last my puppy also hate to drink water. Try it,it's work!
Old 01-20-2009, 04:31 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
DO NOT ADD ANY SUGAR, dear, sugar not good or necessary. Get some fresh chicken carcases from the chicken seller in the market (or some good soup bones with lots of marrow from your regular butcher), boil and make some good concentrated soup stock and give it to your dog. No salt, no sugar, no MSG, no herbs, no spices, no garlic/onions, no chilli (you'll be amazed what some people put in for the dogs just because humans must have lots of oil, sugar, salt, ajinomoto, sauces, hot-hot chillies) ... as if dog/cat bodies are the same as humans!
Hi Furkids, I mean little sugar..do u see? I nv say salt...Please!!!!! Sugar is not totally bad if u dont believe u can check with veterinary guild book I bought it and follow the recipe. this book is edited by Dr. Richard H. Pitcairn, DVM from US, I even heard it from a professional vet before.. Little sugar is good for puppy coat..but remember is little!!!!!! and NOT SALT, MSG etc..tat one is true that I noe....If you dare not feed ur puppy with sugar..u can always use honey as a replace but beg in mind is little...PLEASE DO SOME RESEARCH BEFORE GIVING SOME COMMENT OKAY!!!!!
Old 01-20-2009, 04:40 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Hi Furkids, I mean little sugar..do u see? I nv say salt...Please!!!!! Sugar is not totally bad if u dont believe u can check with veterinary guild book I bought it and follow the recipe. this book is edited by Dr. Richard H. Pitcairn, DVM from US, I even heard it from a professional vet before.. Little sugar is good for puppy coat..but remember is little!!!!!! and NOT SALT, MSG etc..tat one is true that I noe....If you dare not feed ur puppy with sugar..u can always use honey as a replace but beg in mind is little...PLEASE DO SOME RESEARCH BEFORE GIVING SOME COMMENT OKAY!!!!!
Yes, dear, IF (a big IF) you are definitely positive your pet is not diabetic or has diabetic tendencies. Besides this, the sugar advice has several other caveats.

But virgin olive oil definitely gives your dog a fantastic coat! Do not heat or microwave the oil, ruins its goodness.
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 01-20-2009, 04:52 PM
Animal Lover

Quote:
Yes, dear, IF (a big IF) you are definitely positive your pet is not diabetic or has diabetic tendencies. Besides this, the sugar advice has several other caveats.

But virgin olive oil definitely gives your dog a fantastic coat! Do not heat or microwave the oil, ruins its goodness.
Ya,some of pet has diabetic tendencies,but if you control the good enough in volume of water it wont get diabetic. A 100ml of water just add 1/6 spoon of sugar or glukos.It is impossible ur pet get diabetic, that only apply on temporary.If ur pet get normal with drink water then can stop it!
Old 01-20-2009, 04:57 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:

Hi Furkids, Do u see "little Sugar"+ "MOre Water" how can it get diabetes? How possibility? Most puppy like sugar, if a puppy refuse to drink water the best way to encourage them is to add bit sugar to open their appetite.. is a "bit" sugar. If really bit sugar will get diabetes tat mean sugar is poison, why should a PHD DVM suggest it? Please do some research.. I mean (little) not (more)

again I said little Sugar+ More water, please check..Please let me go back and give you the title of the veterinary guild. Else you can always check to some professional if a puppy do not want to drink water should we add little sugar? beg in mine is "little" or Sugar are NO NO NO to any pet!!! please check can we serve little sugar, i beg.. They will tell u little sugar is still fine..Else when u go and buy those pet food do u check on their ingredient do they provide sugar? If yes, then die ad....all the pet going to get diabetes.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:07 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Hi Furkids, Do u see "little Sugar"+ "MOre Water" how can it get diabetes? How possibility? Most puppy like sugar, if a puppy refuse to drink water the best way to encourage them is to add bit sugar to open their appetite.. is a "bit" sugar. If really bit sugar will get diabetes tat mean sugar is poison, why should a PHD DVM suggest it? Please do some research.. I mean (little) not (more)

again I said little Sugar+ More water, please check..Please let me go back and give you the title of the veterinary guild. Else you can always check to some professional if a puppy do not want to drink water should we add little sugar? beg in mine is "little" or Sugar are NO NO NO to any pet!!! please check can we serve little sugar, i beg.. They will tell u little sugar is still fine..Else when u go and buy those pet food do u check on their ingredient do they provide sugar? If yes, then die ad....all the pet going to get diabetes.
No, sister, if your pet has diabetes or is pre-diabetic, even a little sugar is not good, especially if it is already consuming carbohydrates as well, which turns to sugar upon digestion. You see, diabetics have to always do "sugar and carbohydrate counting" in order to minimise the damaging "sugar spike" because carbo ultimately turns to sugar. It is a diabetic problem and very important in diabetic management. They also need to be aware about the glycaemic index of a food.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:14 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
No, sister, if your pet has diabetes or is pre-diabetic, even a little sugar is not good, especially if it is already consuming carbohydrates as well, which turns to sugar upon digestion. You see, diabetics have to always do "sugar and carbohydrate counting" in order to minimise the damaging "sugar spike" because carbo ultimately turns to sugar. It is a diabetic problem and very important in diabetic management. They also need to be aware about the glycaemic index of a food.
If my pet have diabetes sure I will not serve it sugar anymore. But if a healthy pet will still serve a little else will replace with honey.. Anyway Sugar is not yet a No for pet food. (Little) still fine brother!
Old 01-20-2009, 05:31 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
My dear brother, I never think to fight with u. Everybody have own opinion, it seems so childish to insist on one just a personal thinking. If u think u are right just do it. If u think wut is wrong just not to do it..

Hi VIVI..Sorry about our conversation here. If u not sure with it u can always check with professional like from any vet. But a must b a right vet o... Good Luck with ur Rocky!
Old 01-20-2009, 07:36 PM
PetFinder Wowwow

Thank you Fk, daphne and 1314
all ur info are very useful to me.
Thanks again
Old 01-21-2009, 10:00 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
My dear brother, I never think to fight with u. Everybody have own opinion, it seems so childish to insist on one just a personal thinking. If u think u are right just do it. If u think wut is wrong just not to do it..
Girl, then don't fight if you do not think to. People who are self-assured and have their facts right do not get fluttered easily. In all areas, medicine including, there exist many grounds upon which the professionals themselves have not established a common agreement, many schools of thought (including some which arise out of incompetency and obsoleteness, one area being vaccinations for viral infections). Successful medicine practice to an extend is a science, but as many will profess, much of it is an art.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:29 AM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Girl, then don't fight if you do not think to. People who are self-assured and have their facts right do not get fluttered easily. In all areas, medicine including, there exist many grounds upon which the professionals themselves have not established a common agreement, many schools of thought (including some which arise out of incompetency and obsoleteness, one area being vaccinations for viral infections). Successful medicine practice to an extend is a science, but as many will profess, much of it is an art.
thanks that u understand it.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:38 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

So, Vivi, skip the sugar unless you know for sure your animal is hypoglycaemic like having been very sick and not having been able to eat, causing the sugar level to drop below normal (can be dangerous if not addressed fast) or like Type 1 Diabetics who take insulin jabs which sometimes accidently (due to miscalculation) cause the sugar level to plunge dangerously all of a sudden and they have to reach out immediately for sugar to restore the level otherwise they can faint or fall into a coma. It is good for people like have a companion dog which can be trained to run and fetch help when it happens. There was a story like that in the Reader's Digest. Good dog!

Since most of us almost never subject ourselves to the pre-diabetic test (like micro-albumin urea test and bloodworks for early kidney damage indicators in the blood), much less for our beloved pets, so very often we are not aware that they are actually diabetic until they show symptoms, but by that time, considerable irreversible damage to the kidneys and nerves have occured.

So it is always safer to understand this, be self-informed enough to double check things and play safe.

Better safe than sorry because a lot of the damage is progressively degenerative. Take care.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:20 AM
PetFinder Wowwow

ok thanx fk
Old 01-22-2009, 07:43 PM
Animal Lover

There is no absolute answer on this topic, normally dog get chance for diabetic is low than human to get it.Because animals get lot of action per day.I watch this on discovery channel.Inside animals body have a special system that can change the Fat to the Vitamin C.If u are so sure animals so easy to get diabetic ,u can go to US university to get a PHD level because u are clever than the proff, and you get a new research! The important is u know to control the water volume.If u still no understand it u can check the issue of OMEGA 3 on website. Hope u can search for it!!
Old 01-22-2009, 07:58 PM
Animal Lover

Furkids, no need me to teach you. sure u know the sugar will change to FatHuman is difference to animals.As u said put chicken cream on water there is someone told me chicken is bad for dog, so you no need to so protect to you own quote. Ur quote are so aggressive,if there are NO SUGAR at all to animals means all the pet only can drink water. Inside any kind of meat sure have glucose. Glucose is kind of sugar. right! Event grass also have it!Get more research for it!
Old 01-23-2009, 10:24 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Originally Posted by altus1314 View Post
Furkids, no need me to teach you. sure u know the sugar will change to FatHuman is difference to animals.As u said put chicken cream on water there is someone told me chicken is bad for dog, so you no need to so protect to you own quote. Ur quote are so aggressive,if there are NO SUGAR at all to animals means all the pet only can drink water. Inside any kind of meat sure have glucose. Glucose is kind of sugar. right! Event grass also have it!Get more research for it!
Yea la, kawan, tahu pun so much of sugar available from so many food sources already, that is why la orang kata tak payah awak sondri pegi ambik sudu cedok dan tambah gula lagik ... wakakakakaaahhhhh!!!
Old 01-23-2009, 05:40 PM
Animal Lover

Hey kawan u said u know? i said put sugar is attract dog to drink water not siok siok add 1.Kawan u tak faham cakap tak faham la.