Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > PetFinder Lounge > Coffee Room

Coffee Room Gossip on the latest topics or just mingle around and enjoy the atmosphere!

Old 08-12-2008, 10:03 PM
.:: Baby, I dig you! ::.

Location: Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia, World of Animal Lurve...
BabyZee is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BabyZee
Default .:: What's your internet connectors? ::.

What your method of accessing the internet?
Are you satisfied with it?

Well, for me currently i'm using the maxis broadband with the maxis usb modem(E220), with the ladybug design(sad they don't have any pink color design..huhu.)...
I've been using it one month already and so far the speed and connection is so-so, at first it suck badly and i thought of quitting using it until the 7days trial finish, well luckily the service started to improve but not that perfect also..
Maybe the service and connection is ok here because i'm in subang area and maybe i'm not that far from their connection tower..Maybe..
Neway I think i'll be using this in the long run as other method of internet connection such as streamyx or the new izzi broadband are quite difficult for me..
As for streamyx they have the 1year contract and it's not portable, for izzi broadband you need to pay in a roundup price, e.g. if the modem per month cost rm99 then u need to pay rm99x12months so it'll roundup to rm1188!
Eventhough the connection is quite good but I can't afford to pay all that in one time..huhu..
There're also other new brand for broadband such as celcom but none of them offered like what maxis is offering and that is no access fees and no minimum or maximum contract period, however if you want to stop your broadband service and you haven't use it until one year period then you need to return the modem and also pay rm200 as the payment to stop the service, i guess that's the downfall or maybe the same rule as having a minimum contract period..
But i guess it suits me and it's portable too, so far i travel here and there(which is still within selangor) i still manage to get access to internet using this maxis broadband without failed...
So i guess it's ok and i hope as time pass by and also as the complaints i made to be taken care of then i'll stay with this broadband for a while..
So if there are maxis worker here, hope you're reading this and make a report to your boss..Improve your service k!

P/S-Neway i think the best time that the speed quite fast is during the night when it's bedtime already but not for me, normal for a student life so therefor i'm a batgirl!
eh,cat plak keluar..nevamind la..catgirl also can!
Old 08-12-2008, 10:09 PM
Vivien Wuz Ere

Location: Earth - where every human beings have to live together with animals
vivienlpl is on a distinguished road
Default Re: .:: What's your internet connectors? ::.

i am still using stimx -
outside i seldom surf...
i surf at the office until very boring...so i dont go op for portable usb or whatsoever

wait for wimax...i think p1max already roll out...... it will be better and all this small little broadband will be killed instantly...

you are using maxis ar..a lot of complaints - not only internet - stupid handphone signal also very bad......i also want to complain - i always get missed calls - teruk!
Old 08-12-2008, 10:10 PM
CEO, EzerNET

Ezer has disabled reputation

I am using Streamyx.... but lazy to switch... it's ok for me.. not the promised bandwidth... you can never get 1 mbps lor..

The malaysian gov needs to force telcos to upgrade their online infra if we want to be a developed nation... Singapore is 100% broadband.. and their broadband is not like our broadband.. theirs is truly broadband... ours is falsely-broadly-used-broadband-term
Old 08-12-2008, 10:23 PM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation

Streamyx 1mbps always lost 25% speed. But collect 100% payment.

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivienlpl View Post
i am still using stimx -
outside i seldom surf...
i surf at the office until very boring...so i dont go op for portable usb or whatsoever

wait for wimax...i think p1max already roll out...... it will be better and all this small little broadband will be killed instantly...

you are using maxis ar..a lot of complaints - not only internet - stupid handphone signal also very bad......i also want to complain - i always get missed calls - teruk!
Eh, how you get missed call?
Like call spamming is it?
I thought of adding another number next month, wanna apply the maxis postpaid package...
Don't want la to have any probs plak..huhu...

Lucky you have free internet access!lol...
If i want free then i'll have to use my college pcs but then limited time to used so therefore i choose to have my own at the comfort of my home..
Some more I online nearly 24/7!Nearly only not 24/7..
Neway what's wimax and p1max?I think i heard them before but not sure where so care to explain?
Thanks..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezer View Post
I am using Streamyx.... but lazy to switch... it's ok for me.. not the promised bandwidth... you can never get 1 mbps lor..

The malaysian gov needs to force telcos to upgrade their online infra if we want to be a developed nation... Singapore is 100% broadband.. and their broadband is not like our broadband.. theirs is truly broadband... ours is falsely-broadly-used-broadband-term
I think Ezer work from home only right so maybe streamyx the best for you...

Yeah,you're right, we're using the broadband term only but the truth is we're using the 'bored'band..
So slow for a broadband, come on la, the siputbabi crawl much more quicker than this....
Old 08-12-2008, 11:36 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

I'm using maxis narrowband (the usb broadband modem(E220)) at home. My home is new and no telephone cables when I moved in last year, so it's the only choice. Now, too lazy to change. Or rather, hubby too lazy to change it for me......he got it for me so I can keep myself occupied and he can keep me out of mischief....

I call it narrowband because my hubby's office broadband is so much faster....quicker than the blink of the eye.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:44 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default What's your internet connectors? ::.

I'm using jaring and I'm one happy satisfied customer.he!!he! I thought of switching to maxis broadband because I can move around within my apartment without have to plug in to my phone fix line but hearing the stories from Blackie and some other friends i change my mind. Stick to my old loyal jaring fix line. I don't really bring my laptop everywhere with me anyway unless if I'm out for sales trip overseas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
I'm using maxis narrowband (the usb broadband modem(E220)) at home. My home is new and no telephone cables when I moved in last year, so it's the only choice. Now, too lazy to change. Or rather, hubby too lazy to change it for me......he got it for me so I can keep myself occupied and he can keep me out of mischief....

I call it narrowband because my hubby's office broadband is so much faster....quicker than the blink of the eye.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:15 AM
PetFinder Buddy

RoyBlue is on a distinguished road

Using SCREAMYX... no complaints... getting more than "what i paid for"... . That is sometimes... but most of the time... it's still slow. But when I get the correct IP range... it just flies... no complaints...
Old 08-13-2008, 01:42 AM
Founder, PetFinder.my

AndyKoh has disabled reputation
Default Re: .:: What's your internet connection? ::.

Well, I think I'm one of the rare breeds that are using Jaring wired broadband. Mind you, it's no easy task applying to it, with months of waiting time due to no available ports and then claiming that they dont have anymore remaining modems (I insisted that I don't need their modem as I already had one, while they insisted I have to wait for everything to become available), etc delays. But that was over a year ago, and maybe they have improved their service.

But I did not regret using it - it definitely seems much stabler compared to Streamyx - I am often getting good bandwidth for my RM77 1mbps connection, and better uptime compared to Streamyx (I had been a Streamyx user for a few years before I switched over after getting sick of it). Then again, the better speed could be a direct result of Jaring having less broadband users, thus more bandwidth to share among them.

The ironic thing is that Jaring is actually leasing the last mile telephony infrastructure from TM, very possibly even the broadband servers are shared. I accidentally found out that I can use a Streamyx account to login to my Jaring-enabled phone line, which likely means that the same server handles logins for both networks.

A note of caution though - Jaring is very proactive and responsive to abuse complains, especially if you are found to be doing BT downloads (i.e. once they receive complains from major labels about your IP detected connecting to BT trackers), or if your email is found to be sending spams, they will not hesitate to terminate your account. TMNet, on the other hand, seems to be throwing all these complains into the blackhole *see no evil, hear no evil*.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:45 AM
CEO, EzerNET

Default Re: .:: What's your internet connection? ::.

Welcome to the insomniac vampire club Andy...

Oh, well, for ppl who download movies, don't use Jaring! hahhaa... not that I am proposing downloading from BT sites hehehee...
Old 08-13-2008, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
I'm using jaring and I'm one happy satisfied customer.he!!he! I thought of switching to maxis broadband because I can move around within my apartment without have to plug in to my phone fix line but hearing the stories from Blackie and some other friends i change my mind. Stick to my old loyal jaring fix line. I don't really bring my laptop everywhere with me anyway unless if I'm out for sales trip overseas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKoh View Post
Well, I think I'm one of the rare breeds that are using Jaring wired broadband. Mind you, it's no easy task applying to it, with months of waiting time due to no available ports and then claiming that they dont have anymore remaining modems (I insisted that I don't need their modem as I already had one, while they insisted I have to wait for everything to become available), etc delays. But that was over a year ago, and maybe they have improved their service.

But I did not regret using it - it definitely seems much stabler compared to Streamyx - I am often getting good bandwidth for my RM77 1mbps connection, and better uptime compared to Streamyx (I had been a Streamyx user for a few years before I switched over after getting sick of it). Then again, the better speed could be a direct result of Jaring having less broadband users, thus more bandwidth to share among them.

The ironic thing is that Jaring is actually leasing the last mile telephony infrastructure from TM, very possibly even the broadband servers are shared. I accidentally found out that I can use a Streamyx account to login to my Jaring-enabled phone line, which likely means that the same server handles logins for both networks.

A note of caution though - Jaring is very proactive and responsive to abuse complains, especially if you are found to be doing BT downloads (i.e. once they receive complains from major labels about your IP detected connecting to BT trackers), or if your email is found to be sending spams, they will not hesitate to terminate your account. TMNet, on the other hand, seems to be throwing all these complains into the blackhole *see no evil, hear no evil*.
Actually i didn't know jaring still exists ..
So kesian of me...
I'll google up jaring now..heh..
Old 08-13-2008, 01:56 AM
Founder, PetFinder.my

AndyKoh has disabled reputation

What the... I just made the post and already got 2 replies within 5 mins... I didn't realize so many vampires were lurking around to attack the victims hahaha!

Jaring's site is so "wonderfully-designed" that you won't find the wired broadband packages on first browse - you only seem to ever be able to locate the Wireless packages haha.... Let me give you a hand, here it is:

http://www.jaring.my/service/broadba...nt=flite_wired

Last edited by AndyKoh; 08-13-2008 at 01:59 AM.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:58 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Andy, I'm the FIRST vampire........these 2 are just copy catz.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKoh View Post
What the... I just made the post and already got 2 replies within 5 mins... {waaaht} I didn't realize so many vampires were lurking around to attack the victims hahaha!

Jaring's site is so "wonderfully-designed" that you won't find the wired broadband packages on first browse - you only seem to ever be able to locate the Wireless packages haha.... Let me give you a hand, here it is:

http://www.jaring.my/service/broadba...nt=flite_wired
Old 08-13-2008, 02:01 AM

i'm a batgirl!
Old 08-13-2008, 02:13 AM
CEO, EzerNET

Who's copying u?? I am Superman and superman never sleeps....

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZ
Old 08-13-2008, 02:15 AM
Petfinder Moderator

don't all those zees represent snore?? U are sleeping, superman.
Quote:
Who's copying u?? I am Superman and superman never sleeps....

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZ
Old 08-13-2008, 02:17 AM
CEO, EzerNET

Haha... I was being ironic
Old 08-13-2008, 02:21 AM

yeah,i'm stil a batgirl!
Old 08-13-2008, 02:21 AM
Petfinder Moderator

OIC, man of steel = man of iron..........
Quote:
Haha... I was being ironic
Old 08-13-2008, 02:23 AM
CEO, EzerNET

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
OIC, man of steel = man of iron..........
Iron Balls, Buns of Steel!

To demolish anything in my path!