Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > PetFinder Lounge > Coffee Room

Coffee Room Gossip on the latest topics or just mingle around and enjoy the atmosphere!

View Poll Results: How do u feel about my Petz Cafe?
Excellent, I will definately visit. 16 84.21%
Good, I will bring my petz along 2 10.53%
Average, if I really can find a free time, I will visit 0 0%
Bad, I dont think this is a good idea, I definately wont join. 1 5.26%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-04-2009, 05:33 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Petz Cafe Openning for all animal lover

Klu Damansara area pun bagus.kena cari lokasi yg byk alternative exit dan entrance. Pet cafe and Petshop also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyZee View Post
alah kak june, biarla Fanny decide dulu...
nak kata ramai forumers tak datang dari kepong pun bandar utama tapi takkan nak semata2 tengok majoriti sini je, baik fanny tengok potential untuk bisnes dia berkembang...
lagipun main focus fanny is on pets cafe,not like a normal petshop..eh,right fanny?that's from what i read on this thread la...
if not subang then i suggest sunway would be a good place too...
Old 04-04-2009, 06:34 PM
PetFinder Wowwow

vivi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Petz Cafe Openning for all animal lover

Wah u all so syok shout shout
I also wan to join in

KK SABAH!!!
KK SABAH!!!

Old 04-04-2009, 07:17 PM
Animal Lover

I sokong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivi View Post
I also wan to join in

KK SABAH!!!
KK SABAH!!!

Old 04-04-2009, 08:27 PM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation

June,
Is very differ pet shop between Pet Cafe, of cause pet shop have a dog came to you, when you touch the dog, later you washing the hand. But the Pet Cafe more serious because involve the HALAL Standard, Is salah selling food to muslim without HALAL Cert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Clement,really that serious ah?? I'm a Petsmore shop member.they sell dogs also but I don't kancheong abt that. This is after all business. is not like the dog jump over me when I go inside the shop

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:34 PM
PetFinder Wowwow

vivi is on a distinguished road

Erm... k but usually if for human food if it only involve desert the problem will not be very big rite?
Such as cakes, light snacks?
Old 04-04-2009, 11:15 PM
Animal Lover

OH!! yalah.I forgot abt the cafe.hmm!!!

Vivi,snacks,cakes,kuih2 also must make sure the ingredient not contain anything that not halal.but basically cakes,snacks and kuih2 contain,egg,flour,sugar,maybe essence like vanilla flavour,banana etc.then it should be ok. but contain even a bit of liquor then tak bolehlah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog is my buddy View Post
June,
Is very differ pet shop between Pet Cafe, of cause pet shop have a dog came to you, when you touch the dog, later you washing the hand. But the Pet Cafe more serious because involve the HALAL Standard, Is salah selling food to muslim without HALAL Cert.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:44 PM
PetFinder Guru

Nana is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivi View Post
I also wan to join in

KK SABAH!!!
KK SABAH!!!

Quote:
I sokong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Angkat tangan tinggi2 for KK, Sabah..
Old 04-05-2009, 12:12 PM
Animal Lover

sinv is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cafe Openning for all animal lover

Quote:
Not PJ.too hassle to go if traffic jam.even satuday afternoon or sunday afternoon very jam

Damansara perhaps?? At least many highways and alternative route to Damandasa compare to PJ.
Isn't Damansara located in PJ?
Old 04-05-2009, 12:14 PM
Animal Lover

sinv is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanny Friendz View Post
Haloo All my friendz here,

I'm thinking to start my Cafe in Cheras..How's ur opinion? The traffic I dont think is really bad. I'm looking somewhere near housing area with more grass, where most of the furry companion and their masterz there.

Which part of the Cheras will be convenient for most of u guyz? Prefer not near the Leisure mall coz so many pet shops there. Competitors are too much and I'm still new.

Thanks for all of your effort again

Fanny

I thought Cheras is always a crowded place and PJ pet lover seldom hang out there as PJ has BU park, NZX for furkids. I will definately support if the location is in PJ
Old 04-05-2009, 04:38 PM
Animal Lover

Default Cafe Openning for all animal lover

Damansara not PJ ler.PJ use Section to divide the area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinv View Post
Isn't Damansara located in PJ?
Old 04-06-2009, 01:55 PM
PetFinder Buddy

monkee94 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to monkee94

What bout those owners that dont dare to dine with their pets in fear of flying fur???

Quote:
OH!! yalah.I forgot abt the cafe.hmm!!!

Vivi,snacks,cakes,kuih2 also must make sure the ingredient not contain anything that not halal.but basically cakes,snacks and kuih2 contain,egg,flour,sugar,maybe essence like vanilla flavour,banana etc.then it should be ok. but contain even a bit of liquor then tak bolehlah.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:39 PM
Animalz My Best Friendz

Fanny Friendz is on a distinguished road

Hi Everyone

Thanks for all of your support, I'm still on my way in survey where is the best location but all the location that mention by you guy really on my list.

DIMB, you are right. They are a lot procedures for the Pet Cafe so I'm still in the middle of the process, and hopefully everything go smoothly so my pets cafe manage to open soon. It involve in HACCP and HALAL.

Dont worry about the HALAL, it is 100% HALAL, no alcohol no pork seriously.
The food ingredient that we serve are, Fresh vegetables, fresh meat (Lamb, Chicken, Beef), Fresh Fish (Dory fish, Mackerel etc), Oatmeal, Goat milk (good for kitten), Milk, kibbles and all source of healthy grains. NO MSG! NO SALT ! NO SUGAR, the meal we serve are very concentrate on the healthy of the animals, we have seek advise from most of the local veterinary.

For the Hygiene matter regarding pets meal and human meals. What we do is we will separate the kitchen in two area and so with the kitchen equipments as well.

How about dine in together with ur Furkids? tis is depend on you. How do you feel? Have u ever dine with your pets? Do you feel disgusty ? This is very depend on your point of view. We will have a rest house or cage available for your pets, if you feel to separate ur meal with them.

Thanks for your support
Fanny
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cmJAPANPOOCH8_gallery__325x400.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	4398   Click image for larger version

Name:	coolbaby China.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	142.3 KB
ID:	4399   Click image for larger version

Name:	dog_in_restaurant_in_Kiev.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	4400  
Old 04-07-2009, 04:46 PM
Animal Lover

pancakeswithmaple is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to pancakeswithmaple

cool:).i cant wait till it opens! lolz^^.very nice pics!
Old 04-07-2009, 04:53 PM
Animal Lover

Cool Fanny!!! I don't mind dining with my four legged kids.as long as they don't jump on my meal.hehehehe!! my cats are all well behave.they don't jump on the table while I'm having my makan.they sit quietly at one corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanny Friendz View Post
Hi Everyone

Thanks for all of your support, I'm still on my way in survey where is the best location but all the location that mention by you guy really on my list.

DIMB, you are right. They are a lot procedures for the Pet Cafe so I'm still in the middle of the process, and hopefully everything go smoothly so my pets cafe manage to open soon. It involve in HACCP and HALAL.

Dont worry about the HALAL, it is 100% HALAL, no alcohol no pork seriously.
The food ingredient that we serve are, Fresh vegetables, fresh meat (Lamb, Chicken, Beef), Fresh Fish (Dory fish, Mackerel etc), Oatmeal, Goat milk (good for kitten), Milk, kibbles and all source of healthy grains. NO MSG! NO SALT ! NO SUGAR, the meal we serve are very concentrate on the healthy of the animals, we have seek advise from most of the local veterinary.

For the Hygiene matter regarding pets meal and human meals. What we do is we will separate the kitchen in two area and so with the kitchen equipments as well.

How about dine in together with ur Furkids? tis is depend on you. How do you feel? Have u ever dine with your pets? Do you feel disgusty ? This is very depend on your point of view. We will have a rest house or cage available for your pets, if you feel to separate ur meal with them.

Thanks for your support
Fanny
Old 04-07-2009, 05:02 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

mine sits quietly on a chair at the dining table.

Quote:
Cool Fanny!!! I don't mind dining with my four legged kids.as long as they don't jump on my meal.hehehehe!! my cats are all well behave.they don't jump on the table while I'm having my makan.they sit quietly at one corner
Old 04-07-2009, 05:06 PM
Animal Lover

wa lau weh!! Royal Highness so well behave

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
mine sits quietly on a chair at the dining table.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:09 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

i'm sure u remember the photos i posted before? got one or two some more, where u can see the top of his head staring at us as my hubby & mum tuck into their dinner.

too bad picture very dark, so after i added light to it, it wasn't clear or sharp anymore. :(
Quote:
wa lau weh!! Royal Highness so well behave
Old 04-07-2009, 05:11 PM
Animal Lover

Yes, I remember.so terrerlah Blackie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
i'm sure u remember the photos i posted before? got one or two some more, where u can see the top of his head staring at us as my hubby & mum tuck into their dinner.

too bad picture very dark, so after i added light to it, it wasn't clear or sharp anymore. :(
Old 04-17-2009, 12:20 AM
Animal Lover

DoggyDiva is on a distinguished road

Hi Fanny

I think this is a great idea, i have seen it done successfully in other countries before. Was actually thinking about expanding into something similar when my grooming picks up a bit more. Have a couple of things for you to think about on the practical side.

Will you screen customers to make sure pets that enter have had all their vaccinations and are at a suitable age to be mixing with other pets? Also will you turn away pets with obvious tick infestations/bad skin problems/obvious health issues? Who will determine which pets are safe to mix with others and which are better turned away until their heath condition is better (obviously i mean things like symptoms of things like kennel cough/mange that can be passed between animals rather than hip-dysplasia/allergic rashes).

Also how will you prevent fighting between pets who are not correctly socialized? Will there be separate dining areas for individual groups as many pets (dogs in particular) can get very protective when food is involved. Will you check temperament of the pets coming in and have a system for banning very aggressive or disruptive pets/ a system for rehabilitating them so they can still come to the cafe? This would include dogs trying to pick a fight, very noisy (constantly barking) dogs and ones who generally are too hyper and disrupt people on another table.

With your playground area will it be open to anyone to take their dogs in or will it be day care and under the supervision of your professional handlers/trainers? With the day care will you screen dogs for suitability (again temperament) and have different groups for different sized dogs? Will pets have to have a sort of examination before being allowed to mix with other clients (testing how fearful they are of humans/other animals/loud noises, and aggression levels).

I would suggest having some more snack like items on the menu like 'home style' dog/cat treats and things like that (to go with pastry/cake items for humans) that people/dogs can have there and also take-away to use between trips to their favorite pet cafe .

Finally, as some people have mentioned already, cats generally aren't so used to being in a crowded indoor place (I'm sure there are many exceptions, but in general) and many of them will freak out when brought into your cafe, will there be somewhere/someway to keep them calm.

I hope all this is helpful as they are all things that i was thinking would be an issue when i originally wanted to start with a doggy cafe (before i started grooming).

Can't wait to see the place when you get it open, good luck finding a suitable place, i think Malaysia is definitely ready to have its own pet cafe , i know i can't wait to have somewhere to take my furkids for a special dinner to celebrate stuff (like Tuesdays, and sunny days, and rainy days, and birthdays of course).
Old 04-17-2009, 02:50 PM
Animalz My Best Friendz

Fanny Friendz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggyDiva View Post
Hi Fanny

I think this is a great idea, i have seen it done successfully in other countries before. Was actually thinking about expanding into something similar when my grooming picks up a bit more. Have a couple of things for you to think about on the practical side.

Will you screen customers to make sure pets that enter have had all their vaccinations and are at a suitable age to be mixing with other pets? Also will you turn away pets with obvious tick infestations/bad skin problems/obvious health issues? Who will determine which pets are safe to mix with others and which are better turned away until their heath condition is better (obviously i mean things like symptoms of things like kennel cough/mange that can be passed between animals rather than hip-dysplasia/allergic rashes).

Also how will you prevent fighting between pets who are not correctly socialized? Will there be separate dining areas for individual groups as many pets (dogs in particular) can get very protective when food is involved. Will you check temperament of the pets coming in and have a system for banning very aggressive or disruptive pets/ a system for rehabilitating them so they can still come to the cafe? This would include dogs trying to pick a fight, very noisy (constantly barking) dogs and ones who generally are too hyper and disrupt people on another table.

With your playground area will it be open to anyone to take their dogs in or will it be day care and under the supervision of your professional handlers/trainers? With the day care will you screen dogs for suitability (again temperament) and have different groups for different sized dogs? Will pets have to have a sort of examination before being allowed to mix with other clients (testing how fearful they are of humans/other animals/loud noises, and aggression levels).

I would suggest having some more snack like items on the menu like 'home style' dog/cat treats and things like that (to go with pastry/cake items for humans) that people/dogs can have there and also take-away to use between trips to their favorite pet cafe .

Finally, as some people have mentioned already, cats generally aren't so used to being in a crowded indoor place (I'm sure there are many exceptions, but in general) and many of them will freak out when brought into your cafe, will there be somewhere/someway to keep them calm.

I hope all this is helpful as they are all things that i was thinking would be an issue when i originally wanted to start with a doggy cafe (before i started grooming).

Can't wait to see the place when you get it open, good luck finding a suitable place, i think Malaysia is definitely ready to have its own pet cafe , i know i can't wait to have somewhere to take my furkids for a special dinner to celebrate stuff (like Tuesdays, and sunny days, and rainy days, and birthdays of course).
Dear Doggy Diva, Thanks for your support..

Come and join Palate Palate "Animal Part Tea", you will noe the answer..The admission fee is only RM50 per person with a pet, worth it..Please experience dining with your pet.