Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > PetFinder Lounge > Movies & TV

Movies & TV Discuss the latest movies, tv shows, and what turns you into a couch potato

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 04-20-2009, 06:05 PM
vivi's Avatar
vivi vivi is offline
PetFinder Wowwow
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Kota Kinabalu
Posts: 584
Rep Power: 11
vivi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Britains Got Talent

HAha charlene,
moral of the story don judge a book by it's cover
rite?
Hmm charlene maybe u should send blackie to join in the show too.
Make blackie dance for the petfinder theme song
shake it shake it shake it.


here i found the url of andrew johnston.
Enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K2EA8SWhh8
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-20-2009, 06:13 PM
blackie007's Avatar
blackie007 blackie007 is offline
Petfinder Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: KL
Posts: 3,418
Rep Power: 15
blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Britains Got Talent

Yup! Don't judge a book by its cover.

But you know, most of the time, there are more who can't sing than there are those that can sing, and some of them really delude themselves, thinking they should be the next american idol when even a cow sings better than them!

hahah.....make blackie dance the hippo dance in madagascar escape to africa??

p/s: the boy's face doesn't match his voice!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivi View Post
HAha charlene,
moral of the story don judge a book by it's cover
rite?
Hmm charlene maybe u should send blackie to join in the show too.
Make blackie dance for the petfinder theme song
shake it shake it shake it.


here i found the url of andrew johnston.
Enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K2EA8SWhh8
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-20-2009, 06:21 PM
vivi's Avatar
vivi vivi is offline
PetFinder Wowwow
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Kota Kinabalu
Posts: 584
Rep Power: 11
vivi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Britains Got Talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
Yup! Don't judge a book by its cover.

But you know, most of the time, there are more who can't sing than there are those that can sing, and some of them really delude themselves, thinking they should be the next american idol when even a cow sings better than them!

hahah.....make blackie dance the hippo dance in madagascar escape to africa??

p/s: the boy's face doesn't match his voice!!
Yeap but i LOVEEEEEEEEEE his voice.
Angel voices
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-20-2009, 10:23 PM
Simon's Avatar
Simon Simon is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 114
Rep Power: 12
Simon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Britains Got Talent

Yep, I'm sure it was 10 pounds, mind you it was a few years ago now, so maybe it was 20!? **Scratched head also **

I really like the Master of the House, I like the contrast of how the husband sees himself "Master of the House" and then the witty retort by his wife! :)

24601!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
Yup! I'm sure her dreams will be fulfilled now, too --- the end of her story is going to be so different from Fantaine's. she not only gave me goose bumps, but sent shivers down my spine, too!

If ever there is a song that will move me to sign up for something, it definitely will be "do you hear the song of the angry men".... but yeah, all the songs are great, and it is also my all time favourite musical! i cried buckets, though....

I like "the lovely ladies" becos it's so hilariously risque and of course, the all powerful "Master of the house" & "confrontation" (i never knew a number like 24601 can sound so musical until Les Miserables ) and the "work song" is great, too....haha, I can go on and on about each of the songs.

Wow! only 10 pounds?? you are so lucky! i got a student afternoon matinee and if i remember, it was 20 pounds (or was it Cats that was 20 pounds?? *scratching head*)
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-20-2009, 10:42 PM
blackie007's Avatar
blackie007 blackie007 is offline
Petfinder Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: KL
Posts: 3,418
Rep Power: 15
blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Britains Got Talent

a few years ago? as in, after the millenium? then it might have been 20 pounds, unless.....

wait, let's define "standby student ticket". do you mean you went to the ticket counter to see if there were any available student matinee tickets for that afternoon? or did you phone a booking?

I did the latter, or at least, I think my ex-boyfriend did. *scratched cheek now* If I remember, even the student afternoon matinee was booked up to 6 months down the road.

hehe....glad you appreciate the retort by the wife of the "Master of the house"....I learned some useful things there which could be adapted and used when my hubby says that he, as THE man, is the master of the house....hahahaa.

If I ever become a prisoner, I'd like my number to be 24601!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Yep, I'm sure it was 10 pounds, mind you it was a few years ago now, so maybe it was 20!? **Scratched head also **

I really like the Master of the House, I like the contrast of how the husband sees himself "Master of the House" and then the witty retort by his wife! :)

24601!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-20-2009, 11:10 PM
Simon's Avatar
Simon Simon is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 114
Rep Power: 12
Simon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Britains Got Talent

Well... I was being really modest on the "a few years ago", which are perhaps more accurately described as, a few years ago, before the millennium, this millennium that is! Not the last one!

I turned up at the theatre about an hour before the performance and got a front row centre ticket, for, as I remember, 10 pounds!! I was really, really surprised! Although I've never had problems getting tickets for any of the west end shows on the day, just by turning up at the theatre box office... other methods, through agencies, yes you may need to book months in advance as they buy blocks of tickets and are only allocated a certain number by the theatre, there are always walk in tickets available on the day, but I guess it's just a case of getting lucky!

The retort in Master of the House is just so funny! I know one or two of the words would be sure to get my post banned if repeated here!


Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
a few years ago? as in, after the millenium? then it might have been 20 pounds, unless.....

wait, let's define "standby student ticket". do you mean you went to the ticket counter to see if there were any available student matinee tickets for that afternoon? or did you phone a booking?

I did the latter, or at least, I think my ex-boyfriend did. *scratched cheek now* If I remember, even the student afternoon matinee was booked up to 6 months down the road.

hehe....glad you appreciate the retort by the wife of the "Master of the house"....I learned some useful things there which could be adapted and used when my hubby says that he, as THE man, is the master of the house....hahahaa.

If I ever become a prisoner, I'd like my number to be 24601!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-20-2009, 11:44 PM
blackie007's Avatar
blackie007 blackie007 is offline
Petfinder Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: KL
Posts: 3,418
Rep Power: 15
blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Britains Got Talent

haha, simon, are you a little bashful about revealing your age?

i'm downright honest....i definitely watched it before the millenium, too. I'm not 100% sure whether my ex-boyfriend booked the tickets, but I did remember him saying that they're fully booked for the next 6 months, but I also remember him writing out a cheque for the tickets at the ticket counter. hmmm....*scratch, scratch*

haha....I think "Master of the House" is pretty tame compared to "Lovely Ladies". Sorry, once you get me talking about Les Miserables, I can't seem to stop. And....I do so looooooove "Lovely ladies". Love the tune, love the ahem....risqueness of the lyrics....

At the risk of having this post banned, allow me to post this clip up.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Well... I was being really modest on the "a few years ago", which are perhaps more accurately described as, a few years ago, before the millennium, this millennium that is! Not the last one!

I turned up at the theatre about an hour before the performance and got a front row centre ticket, for, as I remember, 10 pounds!! I was really, really surprised! Although I've never had problems getting tickets for any of the west end shows on the day, just by turning up at the theatre box office... other methods, through agencies, yes you may need to book months in advance as they buy blocks of tickets and are only allocated a certain number by the theatre, there are always walk in tickets available on the day, but I guess it's just a case of getting lucky!

The retort in Master of the House is just so funny! I know one or two of the words would be sure to get my post banned if repeated here!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-21-2009, 12:03 AM
blackie007's Avatar
blackie007 blackie007 is offline
Petfinder Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: KL
Posts: 3,418
Rep Power: 15
blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Britains Got Talent

simon, this is specially for you.....

Behold! Master of the House!

Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-21-2009, 12:13 AM
blackie007's Avatar
blackie007 blackie007 is offline
Petfinder Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: KL
Posts: 3,418
Rep Power: 15
blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Britains Got Talent

another one of my favourite.....The Work Song

24601...!! ....hahaha, I'd better stop. As Simon Cowell likes to say, very self-indulgent.

Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-21-2009, 12:19 AM
Simon's Avatar
Simon Simon is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 114
Rep Power: 12
Simon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Britains Got Talent

Not shy about my age, but just too old to remember already!

Thanks for those links!!!! You know I think I've just woken up my neighbours singing along to Master of the House, love it, just totally love it!!

The singers are great, and the costumes are like the Westend stage performances, but they are not very animate here in the 10th anniversary performance, a bit of a shame as in the stage production the choreography is just so extravagant! The lovely ladies really twirls all their frilly bits!

I wonder how one would translate "even stoker's need a little poke" into Malay!

Okay, I think I will be humming these tunes for the next few months now!!!
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 04-21-2009, 12:34 AM
blackie007's Avatar
blackie007 blackie007 is offline
Petfinder Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: KL
Posts: 3,418
Rep Power: 15
blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Britains Got Talent

hahaha....too old to remember your age??? hmmm.....let me guess.....50??? muahhahahahah!!!!!!

Yup, the singers and costumes in the 10th anniversary are great, but they're not animated.....my hubby, who studied in Canada and not London, who can't help but hear the noise in the study room, came in, watched, and asked me if the actual play was like that. I had to tell him no, it was more extravagant & elaborate.....but unfortunately, I didn't find the actual play....hmmm.....maybe I"ll try looking for it again tomorrow.....ok, good night....got to go and serve my master and a half now.....

*humming Master of the House*

p/s: I wouldn't want to translate "even stokers need a little poke" or any of those....ahem....."pokes" into Malay....they sound extremely, even, beyond, vulgar when I translate into Hokkien.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Not shy about my age, but just too old to remember already!

Thanks for those links!!!! You know I think I've just woken up my neighbours singing along to Master of the House, love it, just totally love it!!

The singers are great, and the costumes are like the Westend stage performances, but they are not very animate here in the 10th anniversary performance, a bit of a shame as in the stage production the choreography is just so extravagant! The lovely ladies really twirls all their frilly bits!

I wonder how one would translate "even stoker's need a little poke" into Malay!

Okay, I think I will be humming these tunes for the next few months now!!!
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-21-2009, 02:08 AM
Simon's Avatar
Simon Simon is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 114
Rep Power: 12
Simon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Britains Got Talent

Am I 50? That's quite a relief, I suspected that I might be closer to 75! Phew! Skip, skip, skip, feeling quite young now!

And I've just discovered that I can speak Norwegian!!!

http://tinyurl.com/c27kum

Couldn't get the video to embed?!
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04-21-2009, 05:21 PM
blackie007's Avatar
blackie007 blackie007 is offline
Petfinder Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: KL
Posts: 3,418
Rep Power: 15
blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Britains Got Talent

75?? Oh no, you musn't skip at your age....we can't have you breaking a bone or two, can we? now, now, sit down, and have a drink and bite. Forgot to bring your dentures? never mind, let me lend you mine. *opening mouth wide and removing dentures*

hehe, I think the Norwegian stage set is rather nice. And the cast is not bad, too.

You can't embed the code because it has been disabled by the user who posted it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Am I 50? That's quite a relief, I suspected that I might be closer to 75! Phew! Skip, skip, skip, feeling quite young now!

And I've just discovered that I can speak Norwegian!!!

http://tinyurl.com/c27kum

Couldn't get the video to embed?!
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-21-2009, 06:07 PM
Ezer's Avatar
Ezer Ezer is offline
CEO, EzerNET
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 796
Rep Power: 10
Ezer has disabled reputation
Default Re: Britains Got Talent

WOW! Yes... i saw this on youtube.. it gave me a chill as she started singing.. just awesome!!

But you know what? I am pretty sure Simon's reactions and the other's reactions were all planned out... they had to know she can sing as she has already auditioned before hand...

And later they did the same reaction with a boy..
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-21-2009, 06:27 PM
blackie007's Avatar
blackie007 blackie007 is offline
Petfinder Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: KL
Posts: 3,418
Rep Power: 15
blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Britains Got Talent

I know what you mean! Their expressions are rather "dramatic", right? Especially Amanda's. Her wowed expression looked rather "put on".

Well, anyway, Simon Cowell should know what he's doing ---- it is his show after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezer View Post
WOW! Yes... i saw this on youtube.. it gave me a chill as she started singing.. just awesome!!

But you know what? I am pretty sure Simon's reactions and the other's reactions were all planned out... they had to know she can sing as she has already auditioned before hand...

And later they did the same reaction with a boy..
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-21-2009, 09:43 PM
Simon's Avatar
Simon Simon is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 114
Rep Power: 12
Simon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Britains Got Talent

Gosh! You know what, maybe I'm older than 75 then? Because my original set of false dentures have decayed away already and my mouth is far too prune to take another pair! Let alone anyone else's! This now makes me very happy to be at least 105 years old!!

The Norwegian version is nice, but the costumes and stage are more extravagant in the London version, as I remember anyway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
75?? Oh no, you musn't skip at your age....we can't have you breaking a bone or two, can we? now, now, sit down, and have a drink and bite. Forgot to bring your dentures? never mind, let me lend you mine. *opening mouth wide and removing dentures*

hehe, I think the Norwegian stage set is rather nice. And the cast is not bad, too.

You can't embed the code because it has been disabled by the user who posted it.
You know, what caught my attention was how the judges were really ripping into her before she sang, albeit in a very subtle understated way, check especially their expressions, especially those of Piers Morgan and Simon, and Simon's "Wow" tone and expression when she wiggles her hips!

To top that, the shear sarcasm in Simon's voice when he says "It's a big song" to her when she tells him that she wants to sing "I dreamed a dream" and note again how Piers Morgan reacts to this with a snigger and laugh and a smile of an expression behind which says "Yeah, I know that, you know that, but does she know that, who is this person anyway, just look at her, she doesn't really look like a person to have any talent what so ever..."

I really think they would find it hard to react in all those subtle tell, tail ways if they already knew what she could do before hand....

Having said that I think Ant and Dec knew before hand, I really liked Ant's or is it Dec's (the blonde one anyway) dignified reaction when she first sang and the camera cut to them, he simply looks into the camera and closes his eyes and opens them again with a slight nod of the head, full of genuine warmth... out of all the reactions, I think his was the best, and really heart felt...

Gosh! How could I type so much on the judges reactions! Any way's...

Here's to singing.... "Do you hear the people sing.." at full volume to give me goosebumps all over! Embedded version below!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezer View Post
WOW! Yes... i saw this on youtube.. it gave me a chill as she started singing.. just awesome!!

But you know what? I am pretty sure Simon's reactions and the other's reactions were all planned out... they had to know she can sing as she has already auditioned before hand...

And later they did the same reaction with a boy..

Last edited by Simon; 04-21-2009 at 10:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04-21-2009, 11:04 PM
blackie007's Avatar
blackie007 blackie007 is offline
Petfinder Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: KL
Posts: 3,418
Rep Power: 15
blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Britains Got Talent

Oh no! Then I've met you before! You were that very old, wrinkled prune, almost bent double, sitting in a corner at McDonald's Bangsar last night ---- you couldn't chew the burger, and asked the staff to bring you a blender whereupon you just chucked everything into it, liquidfied it and drank it with a straw!!!

Hahaha....for an old man of 105 years, you certainly have an amazing memory....I don't really remember what the stage setup is anymore, and I'm only.....wait, let me go check my profile and see how old I'm supposed to be......hang on....be back to continue soon.


ok, I'm back. I'm only 86 years old but I feel like a centanarian, at least.

Hmmm......but this isn't the first time they hear her, is it? I mean, if it's anything like American Idol, by the time they appear on stage, they would have been auditioned in their home town, or a place nearest their home town where the judges went to audition them.

Simon and gang would have gone to various parts of UK to hold auditions, and from her accent, she sounds Scottish, so she would have sang for them in Edinburgh?? Anyway......

Yeah!! Doesn't this song just make you want to get up and sign up for the army or something??


Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Gosh! You know what, maybe I'm older than 75 then? Because my original set of false dentures have decayed away already and my mouth is far too prune to take another pair! Let alone anyone else's! This now makes me very happy to be at least 105 years old!!

The Norwegian version is nice, but the costumes and stage are more extravagant in the London version, as I remember anyway!



You know, what caught my attention was how the judges were really ripping into her before she sang, albeit in a very subtle understated way, check especially their expressions, especially those of Piers Morgan and Simon, and Simon's "Wow" tone and expression when she wiggles her hips!

To top that, the shear sarcasm in Simon's voice when he says "It's a big song" to her when she tells him that she wants to sing "I dreamed a dream" and note again how Piers Morgan reacts to this with a snigger and laugh and a smile of an expression behind which says "Yeah, I know that, you know that, but does she know that, who is this person anyway, just look at her, she doesn't really look like a person to have any talent what so ever..."

I really think they would find it hard to react in all those subtle tell, tail ways if they already knew what she could do before hand....

Having said that I think Ant and Dec knew before hand, I really liked Ant's or is it Dec's (the blonde one anyway) dignified reaction when she first sang and the camera cut to them, he simply looks into the camera and closes his eyes and opens them again with a slight nod of the head, full of genuine warmth... out of all the reactions, I think his was the best, and really heart felt...

Gosh! How could I type so much on the judges reactions! Any way's...

Here's to singing.... "Do you hear the people sing.." at full volume to give me goosebumps all over! Embedded version below!

Last edited by blackie007; 04-21-2009 at 11:18 PM. Reason: to continue after checking what's my age....
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04-21-2009, 11:15 PM
Simon's Avatar
Simon Simon is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 114
Rep Power: 12
Simon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Britains Got Talent

Hey! That was me! I normally make sure everything is blended up good and proper! And when at Tesco you will normally find me bent double trying to pick the baby food jars off of the shelf into my tripod wheeled basket! Brambly apple pudding is my favourite, that and farleys rusk mashed up with warm milk! Yum, yum, yum or should that be slurp, slurp, slurp!

Last edited by Simon; 04-21-2009 at 11:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 04-21-2009, 11:22 PM
blackie007's Avatar
blackie007 blackie007 is offline
Petfinder Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: KL
Posts: 3,418
Rep Power: 15
blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Britains Got Talent

No wonder I couldn't find any baby food jars at Tesco last weekend for my Blackie!!! You were the culprit!!!

And there were no straws, either. The staff told me that an ancient prune of a man just walked in and bought all the straws in the store.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Hey! That was me! I normally make sure everything is blended up good and proper! And when at Tesco you will normally find me bent double trying to pick the baby food jars off of the self into my tripod wheeled basket! Brambly apple pudding is my favourite, that and farleys rusk mashed up with warm milk! Yum, yum, yum or should that be slurp, slurp, slurp!
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 04-21-2009, 11:31 PM
Simon's Avatar
Simon Simon is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 114
Rep Power: 12
Simon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Britains Got Talent

Straw's are the most important part of the whole operation! Along with plenty of napkins!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 04:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 

Main Site
Home
Advertising
Sponsored Listings
Sign Up
Find A Pet
Share & Save Lives
About PetFinder.my
Terms & Conditions
Freebies / Starter Pack
Report Animal Abuse
Contact Us
Facilities
WAGazine
Discussion Forum
Medical Fund
Pet Food, Toys & Products
Cuteness Meter
Central News Portal
Visual Map
Knowledge Library
Microchip Directory
FurryCards
Mobile
iPhone & iPod App
Android App

Social Media
Facebook
Twitter
KindMeal
Meat-Free Dining
Meal Deals
Kind Moments
Delicious Menu

Others
World Animal Day Contest
Digi iPhone Contest
East Coast Flood Relief
It's Pawssible
Freebies
Online Store
Discussions
Blacklists & Scams



Copyright © PetFinder.my. All rights reserved.