Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens

Cats & Kittens General information and discussions on taking care of your feline buddy

Old 08-19-2012, 08:22 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Kynthia is on a distinguished road
Default Does feline caviar make kitten poo a lot?

Hi, I have two 5 months old kittens -- Lola and Katja -- and have switched to Feline Caviar recently. Previously, I fed them chicken and salmon formula. Now I am trying the New Zealand Venison Grain Free Indoor Cat Dinner flavour. However, I have noticed that my kitten's litter boxes fill up pretty fast. There has been no increase in the portion nor the frequency I feed them. Therefore, I am curious now... Does FC increase kitten's bowel movements?

Second question is, what litter sand is most economical yet has the ability to absorb odour effectively? I live in a 1000sqft apartment.

Last edited by Kynthia; 08-19-2012 at 08:49 PM.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:40 PM
PetFinder Guru

Meffy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Does feline caviar make kitten poo a lot?

Hi,

It could be due to change in flavour and the contents in that particular flavor that may have increased the bowel movements. Try changing back to the earlier one and see if there's any difference.

As for kitty litter, I'm using one that cost RM15 for 8 lit. It's clumping clay and odour control is pretty good. Also comes in mild Lemon and Apple fragrance ^_^ The previous brand I used was Champion, only RM10 for 8 lit but the moisture absorption wasn't that good. I end up using a lot of sand.

If you kitty's poop smells very strong, it could be caused by the food they eat. All I know is Blackwood poop is not as stinky as RC poop LOL
Old 08-20-2012, 12:06 AM
PetFinder Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meffy View Post
Hi,

It could be due to change in flavour and the contents in that particular flavor that may have increased the bowel movements. Try changing back to the earlier one and see if there's any difference.

As for kitty litter, I'm using one that cost RM15 for 8 lit. It's clumping clay and odour control is pretty good. Also comes in mild Lemon and Apple fragrance ^_^ The previous brand I used was Champion, only RM10 for 8 lit but the moisture absorption wasn't that good. I end up using a lot of sand.

If you kitty's poop smells very strong, it could be caused by the food they eat. All I know is Blackwood poop is not as stinky as RC poop LOL
Hey, thanks for responding Meffy. Maybe I should do that. Actually poop doesn't smell very strong. Just getting tired of scooping so much kitty poo .

I am currently using Litter Star crystals. Maybe that's why it doesn't stink much here? It's just that because the kittens are pooping more these days, I am spending more on litters. Therefore I wonder if there is any similar quality product at lower price as I could actually buy other things for my cats (eg toys) with the extra money I am spending on litters
Old 08-20-2012, 05:37 PM
PetFinder Guru

Meffy is on a distinguished road

Are crystal litters okay? I've never tried it cuz they look...well...like crystals? LOL

I'm always wondering if those shiny things are going to absorb pee and cover poop. I like clay types cuz they cover poop very well.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:00 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meffy View Post
Are crystal litters okay? I've never tried it cuz they look...well...like crystals? LOL

I'm always wondering if those shiny things are going to absorb pee and cover poop. I like clay types cuz they cover poop very well.
Well, in my experience, they absorb pee and smell well... Yes, they do cover poop if your cat covers the poop. Just don't expect them to clump... the disgusting thing is, after about a week, they turn yellow -- the colour of the pee that they absorb. Although it is stated that it lasts a month, mine doesn't. I usually throw them out after a week cos to me, it's quite disturbing to look at a tray of "crystalised pee" and to know that my cats are stepping on them and then jumping into my bed