Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Latest News & Happenings > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself to our fun community and meet some new friends here!

Old 03-31-2014, 12:57 PM
Animal Lover

Animal Lover is on a distinguished road
Angry Confused with MBSA ruling

Hi, I'm a Shah Alam resident and I own two dogs, a Doberman and a mongrel. Last year, I had a huge problem witrh my neighbour who complained to MBSA that my dogs were a nuisance and we let them out of our compound unsupervised. We have kennels for the dogs and we have never let them out of our compound. They only bark ocassionally when they see strangers. This particular neighbour had just moved in while I had been there for three years and never had any complaints from anybody. He was just trying to take revenge on us for complaining to our estate management office for not taking precautions when renovating his house. We feared for our safety when stones and big chunks of red bricks started falling into our compound from the third storey of his house. When we applied license for our dogs, our application was rejected because we didnt't have neighbours' signature to show their consent and I was told that there was a complaint from this idiot. The MBSA officer called us and threatened to take our dogs away. We had no choice but to take our dogs to our factory. Our factory's environment is not suitable for dogs which have grown up in a home environment. A month ago, Our Doberman was diagnosed with tick fever which affected his liver function and was hospitalised for a week. After that, we took him back home so that we could nurse him back to health. Unfortunately, MBSA called again last week. Now I'm in a dilemma. We live in a bungalow and I understabnd that we do not need consent from neighnours to get license. Can anyone enlighten me on this? Does anyone of you out there have the same problem?
Old 04-07-2014, 12:25 PM
Animal Lover

chrisdas is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Confused with MBSA ruling

Hi!
With regrds to MBSA....first, dont be fearful of them. I had a similar prob with them 3yrs ago where i had a neighbour complain abt my dog...they didnt issue license for missing signature. This is how i managed it:

1. I contacted Msian dogs deserve better and my lawyer friend. They highlighted this to me
: We have a right as Msian citizens per MALAYSIAN ANIMAL LAW to own a dog each. Since u r in a bungalow...i think more than 1 is allowed.
: Council doesnt have the RIGHT to give you permission to own a dog...they issue us a license to confirm our dogs have been vaccinated. They have no right to take the dog away if the dog is within our hse compound...

2. VERY IMPORTANT for you to digest no1 and believe it with all your heart and be courageous!

3. Draft a letter to the Pengarah of MBSA and cc a copy to your area ADUN and Council Rep. State in your letter that yr neighbours complains are false and ask them to proof it. Usually they have no way to proof it if its a bluff...they are real bullies so dont fall for it. Be stern. Keep your dogs in your hse compound until all this blows over.( i can help you with the letter..if u have a lawyer friend who can help, even better!)

4. Send the letter by hand to the MBSA pengarah, ADUN and council rep.

5. Wait without fear but keep yr dogs safe.
Hope this helps.....
Please call me: 012.3808.191(Christine)....i can tell you more....if you need any help.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:32 PM
Animal Lover

chrisdas is on a distinguished road

Just to add to my posting:
A lot of people helped me actually...PAWS, friends @petfinders...etc. All gave their support and advice and it HELPED a great deal to know I wasnt alone!
I still keep my 1st MBSA dog license as a reminder of fearless courage and teamwork :) All for the sake of my Golden Retriever Ben.
Old 05-07-2014, 01:37 PM
Animal Lover

BelgianMAL is on a distinguished road

Dear All

Today we we visited by MBSA . I have 2 dogs. Apparently someone complain that dogs bark a lots etc. They gave me 1 month 2 get rid of 1 dog. To me its like getting rid of one of my kids, i cannot do that. ANyone know how to deal with this . and also how to check who complained. What action who MBSA take if i dont comply.
Appreciate any advise please thanks
ps. I have a rescued dog from PAWs and a belgian.
Old 05-07-2014, 04:43 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelgianMAL View Post
Dear All

Today we we visited by MBSA . I have 2 dogs. Apparently someone complain that dogs bark a lots etc. They gave me 1 month 2 get rid of 1 dog. To me its like getting rid of one of my kids, i cannot do that. ANyone know how to deal with this . and also how to check who complained. What action who MBSA take if i dont comply.
Appreciate any advise please thanks
ps. I have a rescued dog from PAWs and a belgian.

BelgianMAL, did you write to MBSA, your area ADUN and rep as Chrisdas recommended in the post above (points no. 3-4)? She has given some very good advice on dealing with neighbours' complaints assuming the complaints are false.

If your dogs are in fact barking excessively, a reputable trainer can help you determine the cause of the behaviour and work with you to change it. Either way, good luck!
Old 05-07-2014, 08:22 PM
Animal Lover

Thanks for the reresponse.
Will do that . I have license for one dog which we showed. Than they said to remove the other within 1 month. Do you know if they can do that? My kids re really worried nw. And how much is the fine for keeping two dogs? . I will not give up my dogs no matter wat. If anyone know the law in shah Alan let me have a copycopy pls. I have to fight them and whoever complained. tnks.regards
Old 05-09-2014, 05:39 PM
Animal Lover

ameliaDeo is on a distinguished road

http://www.mbsa.gov.my/ms/mbsa/Pages...en_anjing.aspx

Refer here..
Old 05-14-2014, 05:38 PM
Animal Lover

Dear All

I want to writee a letter to MBSA saying that if they remove my dog that via this letter we hold them liable for any harm to my family.
Can i sent this letter on my own or via a lawyer? appreciate any reply. thanks
Old 05-15-2014, 03:14 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelgianMAL View Post
Dear All

I want to writee a letter to MBSA saying that if they remove my dog that via this letter we hold them liable for any harm to my family.
Can i sent this letter on my own or via a lawyer? appreciate any reply. thanks
Hi, BelgianMAL,

I'm not a lawyer, but I question what if any impact such a message would have on MBSA.

You say you will hold them "liable for any harm" to your family. First, how do you define harm, and second, what is your plan of action against MBSA? If you accuse them of causing your family emotional distress, they can argue that your dogs are causing the neighbours emotional distress. And liability? The law is on their side, unless you can prove that your dogs are not actually disturbing the peace in your neighbourhood.

My advice, as other Petfinder members have also suggested, is to demand that the complaining neighbours provide proof of their complaints. If you can prove that the complaints have no basis, MBSA will have to dismiss them.
Old 08-06-2014, 07:30 AM
Animal Lover

cmloo16 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdas View Post
Hi!
With regrds to MBSA....first, dont be fearful of them. I had a similar prob with them 3yrs ago where i had a neighbour complain abt my dog...they didnt issue license for missing signature. This is how i managed it:

1. I contacted Msian dogs deserve better and my lawyer friend. They highlighted this to me
: We have a right as Msian citizens per MALAYSIAN ANIMAL LAW to own a dog each. Since u r in a bungalow...i think more than 1 is allowed.
: Council doesnt have the RIGHT to give you permission to own a dog...they issue us a license to confirm our dogs have been vaccinated. They have no right to take the dog away if the dog is within our hse compound...

2. VERY IMPORTANT for you to digest no1 and believe it with all your heart and be courageous!

3. Draft a letter to the Pengarah of MBSA and cc a copy to your area ADUN and Council Rep. State in your letter that yr neighbours complains are false and ask them to proof it. Usually they have no way to proof it if its a bluff...they are real bullies so dont fall for it. Be stern. Keep your dogs in your hse compound until all this blows over.( i can help you with the letter..if u have a lawyer friend who can help, even better!)

4. Send the letter by hand to the MBSA pengarah, ADUN and council rep.

5. Wait without fear but keep yr dogs safe.
Hope this helps.....
Please call me: 012.3808.191(Christine)....i can tell you more....if you need any help.

Am having the same problem now. My neighbour complained about excessive barking and my dogs dont even bark unless a stranger walks very near my gate (like standing in front) or if a stranger enters my immediate neighbour house. they dont even bark at my neighbours which i believe is what the dogs should do to guard us. i've even asked ard my other neighbours and they don have any issue with the dogs. No.2 issue was license, but my neighbour refuses to sign so am at lost on what to do. was thinking of registering the dog license at my parents place instead. anyone kws if this work?

my 3rd issue is having 2 dogs. i can't bear to part with any of the dogs Anyone has successfully went around this before? am staying at end lot. what am doing now is keeping one inside during the day and releasing her out only at night.

also, anyone kws if the authority actually does a follow up on the notification letter that they have issued and how often do they come ard to check?