Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Success Stories

Success Stories Share your happy and heart-warming "tails" with our community. Let us know about your successful rescue, rehome or adoption efforts!

Old 07-23-2008, 05:34 PM
Banned

ashleywong is on a distinguished road
Default Miu-Miu, Sam-sam and Maxmillian, Coco, Nicky, Anna and Ginger and Chloe

Hi,

Not that i'm trumpetting my own effort but i do wish to share that there are indeed bighearted people with lots of love to share with these animals and open up their world and home and heart to these animals.

I "ventured" into animal rescue and rehoming by chance. perhaps it was a twist of fate or an act of destiny giving me a chance to redeem myself.

however it is, i found myself saddled with 4 kittens roughly about 3 months old. I never had cats before, only dogs and i wasn't that much of a cat person.

i took the kittens in on the promise by a pet rescue organisation that they would came to pick them up..and the days turned into weeks into months as the pet rescue organisation's resources were stretched thin. my care of these 4 kittens were iffy and trial and error at best from how to feed them, what to feed them, how to care for them and how to interact with them. i'm not proud of the mistakes i made along the way but i learned a lot from them. it took me six months to gain their trust and confidence in me to be able to offer them a place in my home - a better shelter from the elements than the outdoor, sleeping where they can find a place. for some reason, these kittens were not trustful enough to come near us, much less let us touch them. time was running short as my neigbhours weren't that understanding and they viewed my family with ominous looks and grumblings about dirtying the neighbourhood with 'unruly pet'.

to cut the long story short, after about 6 months of interacting with the kittens, I fell in love with them and claimed them as my own. Tha'ts how Nicky, Anna, Coco and Ginger came to stay with us.

Shortly after the 4 appeared in our lives, encouraged by the 4 kittens' response to us, my sis picked up an abandonned kitten at, of all places, the bus stop near Sogo. the poor kitten was in a pathetic state and we thought he was a goner. luckily he was a fighter and the vet confirmed that he was badly dehydrated. quick medication was given (for that i'm sorry i subjected the kitten to the pain of an injection - i know how painful that can be when you're all skinny and weak) and proper food given via a needleless syringe. god must have taken pity on this poor kitten, almost immediately, the next day really, we found an adopter for the kitten. a person who is not rich but is willing to share what he and his family has with the poor kitten. we named him Miu-miu and passed him to this new owner along with this medicated food, some litter material and his blanket.

we lost touch with this person but last heard, miu-miu made it through his ordeal and grew stronger by the day.

not long after that, Sam-sam and maximillian and maxine came into our lives, that was around last october / november. actually maxmillian and maxine are half-siblings to nicky and siblings. long story cut short, their mom abandonned them at my hosue, this time at the front porch. we didn't really take them in as our house and hands were full with 4 precocious kittens. max stayed with us until we managed to find him a loving home (his owner dotes on him - truly and loves him to bits) but unfortunately maxine were lost to the street, she returned to the street. not willingly. she just up and dissapeared one day, we believed that our neighbour has beaten her and chased her away. *sigh - why am i always surrounded by neighbours of this type?* no matter how my neigbhbour tried to chase max away, he kept returning to our house . he won't let us touch him, but trust us to take food from us. it was indeed a happy day when max is no longer a street kitten but with a happy home and loving owner. equally encouraging was the checkup at the vet - max was thoroughly healthy with no signs of illness / diseases/tick/mite/infestation despite being a "street" kitten.

we have not sigthed maxine since then and i still rue my oversight in not keeping her closeer to me at that time.

sam-sam, we managed to place with a lady who was looking for a feline companion and has this thing for oranged-coloured tabby. what a perfect match. again sam2 was given a clean bill of health by the vet and sent to his new home with some food, articles of bedding and litter material (he's used to that so we provided some to the new owner). in all likelyhood, sam2 has retired to stay in the kampung with his new owner instead of stressing it out in the big city.

this year, june 15th, the day our ginger reappeared after being lost for 5 months, there appeared a burmese mix with her two kittens whom we named Chloe and Gabriel. Chloe takes after her mother in looks and colouration and temperament - so sweet. within a week, we found a home for chloe - she was also given a clean bill of health by the vet with the exception of some minor mite infection which soon cleared up. chloe is now homed together with max and they're having a ball of a time together. (it appeared that max having grown up as the "only" child in his family was bored so his owner look for a companion for him). so chloe is another success story.

please keep your fingers crossed for gabriel and samantha - so that they too find loving permanent home - something which they deserved unconditionally.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:45 AM
CEO, EzerNET

Ezer has disabled reputation
Default Re: Miu-Miu, Sam-sam and Maxmillian, Coco, Nicky, Anna and Ginger and Chloe

Ashley, what a touching story. This would definitely encourage more people to come out and offer their homes, even temporarily, before real adopters can be found.

Kinda like a half way house... anyways, good story.. keep up the good work. I am sure your activity gives you great pleasure, knowing that you have done something good in this world we live in....
Old 08-08-2008, 01:20 PM
PetFinder Guru

Location: Seri Kembangan, Selangor (Yeah, we got free water!)
sillylupie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Miu-Miu, Sam-sam and Maxmillian, Coco, Nicky, Anna and Ginger and Chloe

Hi Ashley,

Now I know the stories behind all your cats!

Remember TIGER? Still no luck finding her a new home! I am seriously considering making her a "permanent resident"!

She is just too adorable to ignore... and the way she looks at me, trusting me, giving her away will be sort of a betrayal......aaaahhhhh..... TIGER is playing with my feelings! One smart kitty! I have fallen into her trap!

sillylupie-shop
http://sillylupie-shop.blogspot.com
Old 08-08-2008, 02:42 PM
Banned

hi

i know what you mean - they're so unconditionally trusting and places so much faith in you, you don't know how to "betray" them by giving them away after having promised them that they'll always have a home with you for as long as they want.

i feel the same way about samantha and gabriel. they were not happy initially, i could tell that, when they were kept separated from the household at the compound and we kept talking about how soon before we can get someone to adopt them as it's a bit problematic looking after so many cats, etc. i think samantha knows and understands.

after much thinking, i decided to make them part of my household - i'll still continue my search for good homes for them but i no longer count the days when they'll be adopted. instead i focus on enjoying their companies and enjoying giving them the bset while they're with me. i also told samantha and gabriel that they will have a home here for as long as they want. i don't how they understand me but they did and they underwent a transformation. they sort of settled down, are less agitated, are less nervous and edgy, both are putting on weight (even the vet commented that gabriel is growing so fast) and gabriel is getting quite macho also. samantha is blossoming each day. i can tell that she missed being in the bossom of her family (you can tell she was once a pet) and she wants to belong. really.

don't tell my sis but i'm thinking that once i get her vaccinated and neutered, if there's no other enquiries, i'll just consider her a permanent member of my household.

say, i'm using feliway as a last ditch effort to relax my own cats and it works. they're no longer being edgy about newcomers, etc and they're buddy2 now, they play more, etc. i'm so happy finally.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:53 PM
PetFinder Guru

Location: Seri Kembangan, Selangor (Yeah, we got free water!)
sillylupie is on a distinguished road

Ashley.....

As I am writing this, TIGER is napping just right beside me. Looking at her, how could I give her away ...
She seems to have worked her magic into me....
Feliway? What is that?

BTW, how's Ginger now? I have a kitten named GINGER too! :) (My cat, Lulu gave birth to 3 kittens about a month ago... so I've been busy!)

And, just yesterday, a stray pregnant cat appeared in my backyard asking for food.... hmmm I fed her, sometimes, I wonder if cat can actually sense "cat people?". My other cat, Lulu seemed to be really upset with her presence...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tiger.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	110  

sillylupie-shop
http://sillylupie-shop.blogspot.com
Old 08-13-2008, 09:24 AM
Banned

hi

how's lulu now with her kittens? did you help out with the delivery? i'd need all the advice and tips i can get cos samantha is pregnant and due in about 2 week's time and i'm panicking already. !

oh, was lulu's pregnancy unexpected? are you keeping all her kittens too?

wow, you're a grand-fur-mother....

pls share me with your experience in delivering kittens and also in taking care of them.