Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Pet Products & Services > Pet Shops & Services

Pet Shops & Services List and review pet shops and services here

Old 10-04-2010, 10:01 PM
Animal Lover

bear70 is on a distinguished road
Default Beware of bogus dog trainer esp in Melaka

Recent news there are bogus vets exist and so are dog trainers. If you want to get your pet to be obedience, best you train it yourself. I got cheated by a trainer named Simon L in Melaka. So beware, feel free to ask and seek out more information before you waste your money.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:34 AM
Animal Lover

Default Re: Beware of bogus dog trainer esp in Melaka

More information on Simon bogus dog trainer. He drives a Wira and lives in Ujong Pasir not far from the corner coffee ahop. He smooth talker and said that he has long years of experience in training dogs and he has learnt them in Germany but he cant produce any paper qualification to certify this. When I observe him train the dogs I began to have my doubts. He is very unprofessional. He pick up calls or messages when he trains. Sometimes he has other appointments and calls comes in but he lies to the person on phone that he is somewhere. It happened in front of me. It shows his dishonesty. He charges $800 to $1200 per 10 sessions of 1 and half hours. But each sessions was not even up to 1 half hours, sometimes it is less an hour. All the time I notice that he only train 3 commands till very end. It is cheating. Never believe what these people tells you especially their experiences etc. It can be lies. Best if you get yourself educated by reading books like cesar milan etc on dog behaviour n psychology and patiently spend time with your dog and train them slowly. Eventually it will be a positive result.

Last edited by bear70; 10-07-2010 at 12:52 PM.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:38 AM
Animal Lover

Do your homework first if you wanna get your dog train. Go to a reputable and paying extra would probably ensure your dog gets its training well.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:00 PM
Animal Lover

And remember to get your receipts or black & white agreement. I learnt my lessons from this Simon jerk. Imagine 1 person or per dog he charges $800 minimum, if ten dogs= $8000 undeclared tax free.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:41 PM
PetFinder Guru

acsyen is on a distinguished road

Do you know how many dog trainers are not bogus in this country if it is according to your definitions of not giving a receipt? Almost every dog trainer is one then. But if you mention qualifications then maybe 1% of dog trainers are qualified. Even trainers from reputable organisations who hold classes weekly for big groups are not qualified. Most of them just train their own dogs and call themselves trainers and some even worst don't believe in certification but just pure experience and talent.

So do more homework before you trust them trainers. Sadly most ppl go for cheap courses offered by 'bogus' trainers and refuse to pay more for qualified ones then they complain that their dog is stupid.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:14 AM
Animal Lover

Thank you Acsyen. I only have to blame myself for believing easily and fall prey to these people. Never again.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:10 AM
Animal Lover

Ladies if you engage him for your dog training, I suggest you be careful as Simon ask lots of personal questions of you. I was ask of my financial status a couple of times. I didnt realise it because as time goes you thought he is your friend. It is a form of sexual harrasment and to top it he always makes empty promises. Eg. He will says he's good at feng shui etc etc... then he promise you he'll give you some plants or even amulets to help you with your feng shui etc.. But in the end nothing he will give you. It is all bull shit. Same goes for the promises he will be able to do with your dogs. Watch him how he trains your dog every session. My mistake was not to see it all the time and worse he may harm your dog as he chokes your dog hard to be submissive. Never trust him. He gain our trust by doing all this sweet talk and I fell into it that I even gave him my gate key so that he wont have problem of training my dog when I am not around. I supposed he's a strong believer of Thai charms that it works. Watch his amulets around him. He is smart to bring older woman with him and introduced as his aunt to convince you of his capablities. Being a lady sometimes we cant help but to fall into this trap. Please observe if you do come across him.

Last edited by bear70; 10-07-2010 at 01:01 PM.