Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens

Cats & Kittens General information and discussions on taking care of your feline buddy

Old 08-31-2011, 02:03 PM
Animal Lover

Cattutor is on a distinguished road
Default How much is a pedigree cat ?

Do u guys know how much a pedigree cat like persian cost?

I was looking for a pedigree persian. The price in KL and overseas are so expensive.... and those breeders dont really give out cert. I wan to go for show and enjoy the moment with my kids

I am so lucky!!! Have been looking for a pet for so long.. This little gul i brought from sarawak is so cute! I dont know how much u guys would spend.. but i spend around 4*** with cert, delivery , microchip and a cute cage..no quarantine.

I ask around and see that male is cheaper.. about rm 3k. Female is more expensive around 3.k to 5k .

i went to a usa website and ask.. she say is USD 2K TO 3K with shipping RM 10K plus.. LOL...

I dont think i can afford.. anyway... i think my kitten now is . dont see so much different. Hope i get another male to pasang with this gul
Old 09-06-2011, 05:04 PM
~feline attaché

nurkasih is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How much is a pedigree cat ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattutor View Post
Do u guys know how much a pedigree cat like persian cost?

I was looking for a pedigree persian. The price in KL and overseas are so expensive.... and those breeders dont really give out cert. I wan to go for show and enjoy the moment with my kids

I am so lucky!!! Have been looking for a pet for so long.. This little gul i brought from sarawak is so cute! I dont know how much u guys would spend.. but i spend around 4*** with cert, delivery , microchip and a cute cage..no quarantine.

I ask around and see that male is cheaper.. about rm 3k. Female is more expensive around 3.k to 5k .

i went to a usa website and ask.. she say is USD 2K TO 3K with shipping RM 10K plus.. LOL...

I dont think i can afford.. anyway... i think my kitten now is . dont see so much different. Hope i get another male to pasang with this gul
well..it will all depends. normal price quote for a breed cat is around the price anyway. Lucky? hurm..i dare not say so. A reputable breeder not only will not give out certs..they will not sell you their cats if they do not know you. Its rare cases for reputable breeders to sell out their cats as household pets I can't say much as I dont really know you and never seen the cat or the cert that you claim comes with the cat.

p/s I tried to convince a reputable seller to sell it to me. Rare case, they wanted to sell out for Rm5k as the particular cat was not fit to breed ( of certain circumstances) yet I had to agree to show it in cat shows as a way for them to advertise their cats. I can't see where you 'save' money there

Last edited by nurkasih; 09-06-2011 at 05:15 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:05 PM
Animal Lover

Cattutor is on a distinguished road

Hm... Is the process of adopting the cat that makes me feel lucky. I was not required to show the cat and follow so many rules like many cattery would imposed. Also, the breeder has been nice... really nice explaining to beginners like me. I have got the cert and is verified. The kitten is really beautiful. It is good and i dont see any difference with those selling 5k or more.

All i wan is a cute little girl and i can anytime if i want to show her etc. She may not be a top show but she is good enough for me.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:22 PM
~feline attaché

nurkasih is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattutor View Post
Hm... Is the process of adopting the cat that makes me feel lucky. I was not required to show the cat and follow so many rules like many cattery would imposed. Also, the breeder has been nice... really nice explaining to beginners like me. I have got the cert and is verified. The kitten is really beautiful. It is good and i dont see any difference with those selling 5k or more.

All i wan is a cute little girl and i can anytime if i want to show her etc. She may not be a top show but she is good enough for me.
well. u can also show those cute girls that you can always pick up at the roadside, groom them and put them under the category of household cats. They can still be shown under TICA
Old 09-06-2011, 07:24 PM
Gentle Giant

Coony is on a distinguished road

Honestly, not all the breeder in this country can evaluate the quality of their cat. Cute does not represent the show quality of the breed, when you can't see the different doesn't mean there is non. If it is a companion pet that you want then it doesn't matter much to you, as long as you get a healthy & sweet temperament cat & you are happy with it, that is enough.

The price is very subjective as to the quality & the cattery you are getting from. Like Nurkasih said, some reputable breeder will not consider selling an entire cat to just any enquiry, sometime not even spay/neuter.

Best Maine Coon Cattery in CFA ID Asia/LA since 2004
The only Maine Coon cattery with 3 DM, 3 Top Ten MCO National & produce the most GC/GP (30) & DW (12) in CFA ID Asia/LA
Old 09-07-2011, 03:31 PM
PetFinder Buddy

marayah is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coony View Post
Honestly, not all the breeder in this country can evaluate the quality of their cat. Cute does not represent the show quality of the breed, when you can't see the different doesn't mean there is non. If it is a companion pet that you want then it doesn't matter much to you, as long as you get a healthy & sweet temperament cat & you are happy with it, that is enough.

The price is very subjective as to the quality & the cattery you are getting from. Like Nurkasih said, some reputable breeder will not consider selling an entire cat to just any enquiry, sometime not even spay/neuter.
hey coony,..which country do you import your cat?
Old 09-07-2011, 04:22 PM
Gentle Giant

Coony is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by marayah View Post
hey coony,..which country do you import your cat?
My earlier cats are from Japan, my later cats are from US. Some of my US breeders are ppl I have known for 4 years before they sell me any of their cat.

Best Maine Coon Cattery in CFA ID Asia/LA since 2004
The only Maine Coon cattery with 3 DM, 3 Top Ten MCO National & produce the most GC/GP (30) & DW (12) in CFA ID Asia/LA
Old 09-07-2011, 09:18 PM
PetFinder Buddy

marayah is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coony View Post
My earlier cats are from Japan, my later cats are from US. Some of my US breeders are ppl I have known for 4 years before they sell me any of their cat.
still havent heard anyone from UK..i have friends there who are planning to export the cat