Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Pet Welfare, Rescue & Adoption > Rescuers & Fosterers

Rescuers & Fosterers For rescuers and fosterers, the true heroes of PetFinder.my

Old 11-25-2008, 12:25 AM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Kitten in Cyberjaya Needs Help

Hi friends,

I came to know of a stray kitten in Cyberjaya through my hubby today. This kitten appeared on the doorstep of my hubby's office one day. My hubby's office is on an "empty" land. Not empty as in empty, but empty as in there is only one row of newly completed shop houses, which are not fully sold or tenanted. Only one other office is opened, and it's a pharmacy. Other developments are still under construction.

Hubby is not sure how old the kitten is, but when I showed him pictures of the kittens for adoption in the petfinder main page, he pointed to Lynielime's tuxedo kitten, which is 2 months old, and said that's the size of the kitten at his office.

Hubby described it as very thin. It's a silver-black mackerel tabby, like my Blackie.

Anyway, someone from hubby's office has bought a pack of kitten food and left it outside the office with instructions to the security guard to feed it. They did not think of giving it water all this while, however. The food ran out over the weekend, and today, hubby learned from the security guard that the kitten has not been fed over the weekend.

Hubby will be taking a packet of kitten food plus food bowls for food and water to the guard tomorrow....they've been feeding the poor kitten on the street.

However, the boss does not want a stray kitten in front of the office and has instructed the guard to throw it away in another part of Cyberjaya. But it found its way back one day.

What I'm saying is, while hubby can continue to feed the kitten under the radar, it is better if there're any cat lovers out there near Cyberjaya who could give this poor kitty a loving home, or a temporary home until a new home could be found for it. It's the only cat in the area.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:44 AM
PetFinder Guru

lynielime is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kitten in Cyberjaya Needs Help

is there any chance you can foster it for a while? i think that would be a great help.. you could keep it in a cage or a bathroom in your house if you're worried that your blackie won't like it.

if this kitten is lembu's age, it's still very helpless and vulnerable..
Old 11-25-2008, 09:53 AM
.:: Baby, I dig you! ::.

Location: Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia, World of Animal Lurve...
BabyZee is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BabyZee

Actually there are certain reasons why blackie having difficulties taking the cat in and it's not because of blackie the cat..
eh,sounds confusing eh..
anyway, that's why blackie opened this thread, hope she can find any help from people who can save that kitty..
but anyways, i think blackie can give her story for this..
i wanna tell what i know but i think better if blackie tells first..
Old 11-25-2008, 10:26 AM
PetFinder Guru

lynielime is on a distinguished road

sighhhhh... i guess in that case i could foster it for a while but not long because i'm going back to bangkok soon.. actually i REALLY need to get some of my foster cats and kittens adopted by very responsible people before i think of taking in another kitten, but this sounds like an emergency.. dammit.. why can't i ever say no

if someone picks up the kitten from cyberjaya i don't mind fostering it for a couple of weeks
Old 11-25-2008, 05:07 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Lynie dear,

You're such a gem. But if you're going to go back to Bangkok in 2 weeks' time, what would happen to not only this kitty but the rest in your care?

I know you can't bear to see the poor kitty out there, and neither can I when I found that out yesterday, but sometimes we are truly limited by by our own resources. I would hate for you to not know where to put the kitties when you need to go to Bangkok. I am sure you will worry sick about them when that day comes. I know I will, if I were in your shoes.

After further discussion with my hubby, it seems that the kitten is longer in length than the 2 month old that you have, Lynie. I think it should be about 4 months old, since I haven't seen it. But apparently, its body & size is very thin & small.

As for why I didn't foster it temporarily, Lynie, it is not because I am heartless. When my hubby called me yesterday afternoon and told me the situation, my heart dropped and tears came to my eyes upon hearing that the kitty hasn't eaten for 2 days. I immediately asked him to bring the kitty home. He refused. Then, I asked him to bring it back for just one night, where I could feed it & see what other needs it may have. I said he could take it back to Cyberjaya the next day. He still refused and we finally compromised on a solution where he agreed to go buy some nasi for the kitten when he leaves the office.

He does not like animals, and when I rescued Blackie and Brownie, he said I am to put them out on the street when they can fend for themselves. Brownie didn't make it, but luckily as time went by, he accepted Blackie and I was allowed to keep him. But he would not allow any other cats in the home. I have rescued 2 others after Blackie, but took them straight to the SPCA instead of my home as he would not allow them to be in the home.

So I was impressed that he is concerned about the kitten being hungry for 2 days. Today, the kitten is being fed again, and the guard has been instructed to give it clean, filtered water and to use the food bowl when feeding it instead of just pouring the food onto the street.

But I really do appreciate your offer, Lynie, and if I really can't find help for it, I'll probably have to trouble you to foster it temporarily. I will see to the transportation of the kitten to your home if that day should come. Thanks.

Last edited by blackie007; 11-25-2008 at 05:33 PM.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:32 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Latest news.......hubby called and said the boss came to the office just now and instructed the security guard to relocate the kitten to the quarters of the construction workers.

I don't know if this is a good or bad thing. Really hope it's for the better of the kitten.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:41 PM

i also don't know if it's good for the kitty.i mean if the workers take care of the kitty then it's fine i guess but still it's not enough for the kitty..
don't know how long the kitty can live like that..
i'm sorry i'm unable to help...
Old 11-25-2008, 05:44 PM
PetFinder Guru

filinlee is on a distinguished road

charlene...

i think i can help since i live nearby cyber...i think i can foster another kitten temporary until the fella is fat and healthy then i will put up for adoption...

is it ok?? i hope this helps...
Old 11-25-2008, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filinlee View Post
charlene...

i think i can help since i live nearby cyber...i think i can foster another kitten temporary until the fella is fat and healthy then i will put up for adoption...

is it ok?? i hope this helps...
better than ok..yeah!
hope the kitty will be fine..
Old 11-25-2008, 06:01 PM
Petfinder Moderator

filin,

Thanks so much for offering to help. That is so kind of you.

Unfortunately, the kitten has been relocated to the construction worker's quarters. I don't know if my hubby knows how to look for the kitty inside the Indonesian "enclave", but I'll ask him and if can, we'll go and look for it together, ok?

But if the kitten finds its way back to the office, can I sms you right away so we can go and pick it up? I'm holding on to hopes for the kitten to come back, since it found its way back once.

Thanks, once again.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:12 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road

I hope the kitten will find the way back to your hubby's office.sometimes cats can do that. As for me,my hands are full also.wish I have a bigger house with bigger compound.In my house I have 10 cats already.Outside Superblack and the gang 7 cats. The Hish Hish Gang 8 cats. The Bumble Bee Gang 8 cats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
filin,

Unfortunately, the kitten has been relocated to the construction worker's quarters. I don't know if my hubby knows how to look for the kitty inside the Indonesian "enclave", but I'll ask him and if can, we'll go and look for it together, ok?

But if the kitten finds its way back to the office, can I sms you right away so we can go and pick it up? I'm holding on to hopes for the kitten to come back, since it found its way back once.

Thanks, once again.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:19 PM
PetFinder Guru

nik_tropicana is on a distinguished road

wahh..kak june ketua segala geng2 kucen kat tempat dier ar..
Old 11-25-2008, 06:26 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyZee View Post
better than ok..yeah!
hope the kitty will be fine..
yea, hopefully it will be fine...
Quote:
filin,

Thanks, once again.
yea u can call me up... i think i can go out during lunch... if before or after is abit difficult...

charlene, it will be temporary yea? coz at home got 7 oledi... nanti my bf will have my head if i add any more kiities to my bunch... together we find the new adopter for this kitty ok.. the rest is fine with me...

let's pray that the fella comes back to your hubby's office...

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
I hope the kitten will find the way back to your hubby's office.sometimes cats can do that. As for me,my hands are full also.wish I have a bigger house with bigger compound.In my house I have 10 cats already.Outside Superblack and the gang 7 cats. The Hish Hish Gang 8 cats. The Bumble Bee Gang 8 cats.
uihh...apa kes banyak nor geng2 kucen nih june??? ish..ish.. CATS TRIAD... the new era... ehehhehe
Old 11-25-2008, 06:26 PM
Animal Lover

itulah pasal Nik.akak queen kucing2 strays kat sini.he!!he!!

By the way off topic nih.Lynie have you find place for the mother cat and kittens?? The one you sms to me?? i did asked around but mother cat with kittens kinda hard for them.Maybe 1 or 2 kitten but not the whole gang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_tropicana View Post
wahh..kak june ketua segala geng2 kucen kat tempat dier ar..
Old 11-25-2008, 06:30 PM
Animal Lover

hah!! tau takpe Filin.durang dtg makan ada geng punya.pastu geng kat bawah tak join yg kat atas.lawan.so dividelah.kiranya aku ni Ketua Triad Cat Gang kat sini. pengikut2 yg kaki 2 budak2 cat sitter dan kekawan dia.aku geng dgn budak kecik pula skrg.

uihh...apa kes banyak nor geng2 kucen nih june??? ish..ish.. CATS TRIAD... the new era... ehehhehe [/QUOTE]
Old 11-25-2008, 06:36 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
hah!! tau takpe Filin.durang dtg makan ada geng punya.pastu geng kat bawah tak join yg kat atas.lawan.so dividelah.kiranya aku ni Ketua Triad Cat Gang kat sini. pengikut2 yg kaki 2 budak2 cat sitter dan kekawan dia.aku geng dgn budak kecik pula skrg.

uihh...apa kes banyak nor geng2 kucen nih june??? ish..ish.. CATS TRIAD... the new era... ehehhehe
[/QUOTE]

ish..ish..ish... ko pon dah jadik ketua geng Triad Cat gang??? aiyoh!!~ abis la...ehehehhee
Old 11-25-2008, 06:53 PM
Petfinder Moderator

hahaha...June the ketua mafia kucing. Not to worry, June, I know your hands are full. sigh. if i am rich, and live on a landed property with extra land, I'll build a shelter for the homeless strays.

Filin,

Yes, it's for temporary only. If you give it shelter, we'll look for an adopter together. Yeah, let's hope the kitten finds its way back to hubby's home. There are many construction sites (ongoing projects at the same time) so I don't know if they took it very far this time since the first time the kitten found its way back.

I will sponsor the kitten's food & litter too.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:23 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
hahaha...June the ketua mafia kucing. Not to worry, June, I know your hands are full. sigh. if i am rich, and live on a landed property with extra land, I'll build a shelter for the homeless strays.

Filin,

Yes, it's for temporary only. If you give it shelter, we'll look for an adopter together. Yeah, let's hope the kitten finds its way back to hubby's home. There are many construction sites (ongoing projects at the same time) so I don't know if they took it very far this time since the first time the kitten found its way back.

I will sponsor the kitten's food & litter too.
ok.. togetjer we find the fella a new home....i think u need to ask around... if not.. i hope the fella will still find its way back... no matter how faar usually they can find their way back... its juz dat i'm worried the fella will get run down by cars... in cyber the drivers there are lunatic racers ok... i know since i worked there before... oh god... please let the kitty be ok...

thanks also for sponsoring the food n litter....!~
Old 11-25-2008, 11:12 PM
Petfinder Moderator

lunatic drivers? oh no!

Yup, hubby just confirmed....lots of accidents in cyberjaya. Said Cyberjaya has the highest daily accident rate in M'sia.

Hope the poor little thing will be alright and won't be run over by crazy motorists...

I wanted to save this little moggie, but since I can't, I'm only too happy that a temporary home could be found for it. The food & litter would be what I have to pay anyway, if I was allowed to bring it home. So, no thanks required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by filinlee View Post
ok.. togetjer we find the fella a new home....i think u need to ask around... if not.. i hope the fella will still find its way back... no matter how faar usually they can find their way back... its juz dat i'm worried the fella will get run down by cars... in cyber the drivers there are lunatic racers ok... i know since i worked there before... oh god... please let the kitty be ok...

thanks also for sponsoring the food n litter....!~
Old 11-25-2008, 11:22 PM
PetFinder Guru

Location: Seri Kembangan, Selangor (Yeah, we got free water!)
sillylupie is on a distinguished road

I am sure little kitty appreciates your kind thoughts....
Hope little kitty appears again, we can all do something for kitty!

sillylupie-shop
http://sillylupie-shop.blogspot.com