Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens

Cats & Kittens General information and discussions on taking care of your feline buddy

Old 12-08-2009, 11:15 AM
PetFinder Buddy

croomaniac is on a distinguished road
Default Tolong! GuGu dah beranak but both anakČ and ibu lemah~

Apa nak buat eh?

GuGu dah lahir anak malam semalam - dalam pukul 6 lebih mcm tuh and I tak tahu nak buat apa.. so I biar dia beranak kat belakang kotak (as dia pilih tempat tu).. then pukul 8 lebih i tgk keadaan dia.. ada 5 anak masatuh, and 2 were dead.. satu still dalam uri, and anoter one tak tahu kenapa dah tak bergerak dah..

then anakČ dia bersepah, i mean, tak dekat dengan GuGu pun.. then i angkat GuGu letak dalam kotak, then I angkat anakČ dia pulak.. before angkat mmg i lumurkan tangan I dengan air + darah gugu y kat lantai tuh..

Then lahir lagi sekor~ first time tgk baby kucing lahir..

Then tak tahu nak buat apa, then just biar GuGu and kids dalam kotak..

Then nampak dia pergi toilet, further groom herself.. and then masuk balik dalam bilik, she seems like going to deliver another one, so I left her..

Then 11 pm I datang balik, nothing seems to happen.. she left all her kids dalam kotak, while she was outside looking extremely tired..

The kotak dah datang semut, so I took another kotak, lay it with towels, then put her babies in.. Then put she in, she licked her kids, then she put up signs of delivering another one!~ But then, nothing happen.. She laid meng-udang (like udang - you know what i mean) and there is no way that her kids can come and suck her milk..

So I give them formulated millk for kittens.. 3 of them accepted, but 1 of them seems like have no intention to suck like the other 3..

I slept at 2..

This morning, GuGu is not in the box, still looking very tired.. all her kids are still breathing, but hey, I don't know what to do next!~

Please help me on what I should do......
Old 12-08-2009, 11:24 AM
PetFinder Guru

kuntum is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tolong! GuGu dah beranak but both anakČ and ibu lemah~

I pulak saspen dan risau baca citer u...i belum ada pengalaman lagi. Kalau I pun risau giler...

Aiyooo...tulonggg otai2 or sapa2 yang ada pengalaman...sian kat croomaniac ni...
Old 12-08-2009, 11:25 AM
Kucing Garong

Bareen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Bareen Send a message via Yahoo to Bareen Send a message via Skype™ to Bareen

Quote:
Originally Posted by croomaniac View Post
Apa nak buat eh?

GuGu dah lahir anak malam semalam - dalam pukul 6 lebih mcm tuh and I tak tahu nak buat apa.. so I biar dia beranak kat belakang kotak (as dia pilih tempat tu).. then pukul 8 lebih i tgk keadaan dia.. ada 5 anak masatuh, and 2 were dead.. satu still dalam uri, and anoter one tak tahu kenapa dah tak bergerak dah..

then anakČ dia bersepah, i mean, tak dekat dengan GuGu pun.. then i angkat GuGu letak dalam kotak, then I angkat anakČ dia pulak.. before angkat mmg i lumurkan tangan I dengan air + darah gugu y kat lantai tuh..

Then lahir lagi sekor~ first time tgk baby kucing lahir..

Then tak tahu nak buat apa, then just biar GuGu and kids dalam kotak..

Then nampak dia pergi toilet, further groom herself.. and then masuk balik dalam bilik, she seems like going to deliver another one, so I left her..

Then 11 pm I datang balik, nothing seems to happen.. she left all her kids dalam kotak, while she was outside looking extremely tired..

The kotak dah datang semut, so I took another kotak, lay it with towels, then put her babies in.. Then put she in, she licked her kids, then she put up signs of delivering another one!~ But then, nothing happen.. She laid meng-udang (like udang - you know what i mean) and there is no way that her kids can come and suck her milk..

So I give them formulated millk for kittens.. 3 of them accepted, but 1 of them seems like have no intention to suck like the other 3..

I slept at 2..

This morning, GuGu is not in the box, still looking very tired.. all her kids are still breathing, but hey, I don't know what to do next!~

Please help me on what I should do......
Bawa pegi vet untuk scan check samada masih ada anak yang tersangkut dan mati dalam rahim.

Old 12-08-2009, 11:38 AM
PetFinder Buddy

Would like to do that but I'm working... is it save if I do it tomorrow then? aduh... risau nih..
Old 12-08-2009, 11:52 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

Kawan, this is a REAL EMERGENCY CASE ... proses bersalin yg terbukti ada masalah serius bagi ibu dan anak telah bermula dari semenjak pukul 6 petang semalam lagi.

You should have sent the cat to a clinic with in-patient treatment (not out-patient - kena masuk wad!) first thing in the morning dah. Kalau hantar petang hari ni pun dah kira lambat dah, mana boleh tunggu sampai esok?

Kalau hantar pagi ni pun tak tahu ibu kucing boleh hidup ke tidak memandangkan keadaan teruknya. Kalau lambat, ibu bersama anak-anak sure mati. Kalau cepat at least ibu kucing ada peluang hidup ... itu pun kalau nasib baik. Belum kira kesakitan teruk yg buat ibu tak berdaya hiraukan anak-anak langsung.

Emergency nie, kawan ... jadi ambik cuti emergency dengan segera .... jangan buang masa kat forum nie ...
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 12-08-2009, 12:05 PM
PetFinder Buddy

As much as i would like to EL today, but I just cant.. oh.. btw, my wife is at home, would ask her to send them...

but my wife don't know much about where is good vets.. she don't know much about roads and whereabouts... oh..

can someone give me recommendations on which good vets area Kota Damansara/Taman Tun/Damansara Uptown? Preferably with good service with value.. oh..
Old 12-08-2009, 12:24 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Kalau nak yg paling dekat take her to ASAP:

Heshmael Clinic For Pets Sdn Bhd
21-1, Dataran Sunway, Jln PJU 5/13, Kota Damansara, 47000 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Phone: 03-6156 2478

Naik teksi ajer, senang .....
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 12-08-2009, 12:28 PM
PetFinder Guru

Felix The Cat is on a distinguished road

Based on my past experience, it looks like your cat is a first time mother and does not know what to do with her babies. You will need to care for the babies yourself in order for them to survive.

As you know being in labor is not easy for both humans and animals. It will really drain your energy. Imagine humans deliver one dah penat giler apa lagi kucing nak deliver 5 babies?

Usually after giving birth, mother cat will be tired and lethargic. She will pant with tounge out and lie down most of the time. But if she is showing signs of contractions and no babies is coming out than you better bring it to the Vet immediately as the baby could be breach.

You will need to give mother cat kitten food to regain her energy.

Felix The Cat - Dee wonderful wonderful cat!
http://felixthecats.weebly.com
http://livinginmyworld-phyllis.blogspot.com/
Old 12-08-2009, 12:31 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Thanks furkids.. just called the vets, and will ask wifey to pay them a visit..

Thanks so much again guys, especially furkids.. this is my first time handling cat delivery complications, yet first time for everything.. before this (at kampung) all being done by the mother cat plus assistance from my sisters..

GuGu and kids, please hold on.. don't give up yet..
Old 12-08-2009, 12:36 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Thanks Felix..

Yupp she looked very tired.. yet, i can say extremely tired.. really worried about her conditions.. you are right, i bet she is a first time mother..

about kitten food, actually we are giving her kitten food as per our GaGa's food.. and GuGu is actually a stray cat which we took 2 months plus back, only to know that she is preggy after she is with us for about a month..
Old 12-08-2009, 05:33 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Guys!

Gugu have finally being brought to the very vet.. The status is now clarified.. No worries..

[1] She is demam selsema.
[2] No leftover babies inside
[3] She has no susu

She have been given an injection and a gel (nutrition).. And was advised to manually feed her babies milk once every 2 hours.. I can do that during the night lah.. daytime have to kerja..

No wonder she stays away from her kids, and she meng-udang.. she just don't have any milk to feed them..

Latest report from my wife, GuGu has began eating once she reached home, that is a good sign.. hope that she'll gain the much needed energy again.. was advised to give wet food for her too..

Any recommended good wet food? Currently she feeds GaGa's RC Babycat 34..

Edit: Her kittens also looked more active then before.. Before wifey went to vet, she actually feed the kittens with formulated milk.. cross fingers GuGu's juniors..

Last edited by croomaniac; 12-08-2009 at 05:50 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:23 PM
tuah,fifi and sandy

sankyutech is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Guys!

Gugu have finally being brought to the very vet.. The status is now clarified.. No worries..

[1] She is demam selsema.
[2] No leftover babies inside
[3] She has no susu

She have been given an injection and a gel (nutrition).. And was advised to manually feed her babies milk once every 2 hours.. I can do that during the night lah.. daytime have to kerja..

No wonder she stays away from her kids, and she meng-udang.. she just don't have any milk to feed them..

Latest report from my wife, GuGu has began eating once she reached home, that is a good sign.. hope that she'll gain the much needed energy again.. was advised to give wet food for her too..

Edit: Her kittens also looked more active then before.. Before wifey went to vet, she actually feed the kittens with formulated milk.. cross fingers GuGu's juniors..
alhamdulillah dgr gugu dah ok...cemas gak follow thread ni..nk bg pendapat tak tau sgt
Old 12-08-2009, 06:27 PM
PetFinder Guru

nastygurlz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sankyutech View Post
alhamdulillah dgr gugu dah ok...cemas gak follow thread ni..nk bg pendapat tak tau sgt
tu la psl..
nk bg advise tkut slh plak sbb tkde pngalaman lg kucing beranak..
Old 12-08-2009, 07:10 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Thanks for your concern guys.. now taking care for GuGu's babies just like taking care of human child.. have to manually feed for milk, ermm.. every two hours?

or hopefully miracle will happen, GuGu will have milk by next week?

Edit: Good Q&A for mother cat who don't have milk to feed their babies.. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...4161206AASpiUK

Last edited by croomaniac; 12-08-2009 at 07:25 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:09 PM
PetFinder Buddy

I slept at 2 again last night, feeding the babies for the 2nd time before I went to bed.. the first one was at 10-ish (work related issue, couldn't reach earlier..*oh this is life*).. zzZzzzZZ

Hrmm... In the morning, my worst fear happened..

One of them have left us.. When i woke up this morning (@630am), the first thing in my mind was to feed the babies!~ but when i reached their box (I can hardly open my eyes to identify them yet at that time), I can only see 3!? 2 were breathing, one laid still.. Where is another one? eaten? but after a quick search, actually the other one was under the towel.. phew.. and still kicking..

anyway, I pick the odd one up, hoping that it may still alive, but there are just no sign of life.. no reaction at all.. and it is still soft, i would guess it breath for the last time about 1 or two hours (max) before, or only a few minutes before.. RIP Jane/John Doe.. amongst, the dead was the weakest of all.. RIP, may you lived better in the other world.. your life with me only lasts for a mere 30 hours..

Anyway, sad stories aside, I fed all the remaining 3 with in average 4ml each.. they are obviously weak, but quite bising.. I would assume if continuing acting this way, they may last longer, well at least they can last till I can fed them with wet food, that may ease my part of worrying bout them this much..

Gugu was staying outside the box this morning, permanently ignoring her kids shouting around.. We tried to move her in, but she shows no interest or anything for her kids.. Vet urge us to try and get her close to her kids, we tried.. but when we went to bed, I would guess she get off the box again.. She is good, though looking tired, stationary and inactive..

I would try to find the bottles for the babies, I remembered seeing some bottles for baby cat + dogs, so do some bottles for rabbits at Ikano Petshop.. I think they can work just fine.. Keep it strong, GuGu and kids..
Old 12-09-2009, 01:15 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
I slept at 2 again last night, feeding the babies for the 2nd time before I went to bed.. the first one was at 10-ish (work related issue, couldn't reach earlier..*oh this is life*).. zzZzzzZZ

Hrmm... In the morning, my worst fear happened..

One of them have left us.. When i woke up this morning (@630am), the first thing in my mind was to feed the babies!~ but when i reached their box (I can hardly open my eyes to identify them yet at that time), I can only see 3!? 2 were breathing, one laid still.. Where is another one? eaten? but after a quick search, actually the other one was under the towel.. phew.. and still kicking..

anyway, I pick the odd one up, hoping that it may still alive, but there are just no sign of life.. no reaction at all.. and it is still soft, i would guess it breath for the last time about 1 or two hours (max) before, or only a few minutes before.. RIP Jane/John Doe.. amongst, the dead was the weakest of all.. RIP, may you lived better in the other world.. your life with me only lasts for a mere 30 hours..

Anyway, sad stories aside, I fed all the remaining 3 with in average 4ml each.. they are obviously weak, but quite bising.. I would assume if continuing acting this way, they may last longer, well at least they can last till I can fed them with wet food, that may ease my part of worrying bout them this much..

Gugu was staying outside the box this morning, permanently ignoring her kids shouting around.. We tried to move her in, but she shows no interest or anything for her kids.. Vet urge us to try and get her close to her kids, we tried.. but when we went to bed, I would guess she get off the box again.. She is good, though looking tired, stationary and inactive..

I would try to find the bottles for the babies, I remembered seeing some bottles for baby cat + dogs, so do some bottles for rabbits at Ikano Petshop.. I think they can work just fine.. Keep it strong, GuGu and kids..
Hi Croomaniac,

When feeding the little ones, please take care so that the milk does not go into their lungs ya.

Hold the babies upright when feeding them. Also remember, after feeding the babies you will need to rub near their private part to help them urinate and poo poo.

Good Luck!

Old 12-09-2009, 01:21 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:

Maybe for the time being you can feed her with Hill's A/D (RM7.00 per tin) which is specially formulated to meet needs of cats recovering from sickness or operation and is highly stressed. Buat daging dada ayam rebus/kukus lightly with pink juice like a rare steak utk dia kalau dia makan. Besides that, you can continue to feed her good quality premium kitten kibbles. Tak payah other wet can food which is expensive and contain much jelly and not much meat protein buang duit ajer. Do not give any fish takut ada kandungan kembung which makes healing difficult. No udang or sotong. Good luck!
Old 12-09-2009, 01:26 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix The Cat View Post
Hi Croomaniac,

When feeding the little ones, please take care so that the milk does not go into their lungs ya.

Hold the babies upright when feeding them. Also remember, after feeding the babies you will need to rub near their private part to help them urinate and poo poo.

Good Luck!
Very gently stroke the tummy to stimulate digestion the way the mum cat normally does. Don't need to rub the anal area, it is very sensitive ... just take a tissue, moisten with warm water and dab the anal part gently several times is sufficient.

Yes, don't get the liquid into the lungs and they will get lung infection and die. Kasi sikit-sikit very, very slowly allowing time to swallow and always feed from the side of the mouth into the cheek pouch. Never hold the kitten the way you hold the human baby when feeding, the liquid will enter the lungs very easily.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:32 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
Very gently stroke the tummy to stimulate digestion the way the mum cat normally does. Don't need to rub the anal area, it is very sensitive ... just take a tissue, moisten with warm water and dab the anal part gently several times is sufficient.
Dont know how to explain la Furkids he..he...

Old 12-09-2009, 01:33 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix The Cat View Post
Dont know how to explain la Furkids he..he...
Nurul buat demo letak kat You-tube la .....