Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens

Cats & Kittens General information and discussions on taking care of your feline buddy

Old 12-09-2009, 01:39 PM
PetFinder Buddy

croomaniac is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tolong! GuGu dah beranak but both anakČ and ibu lemah~

Thanks Felix and Furkids..

I'm totally naive on handling the newborns.. will do as per suggested.. i will try to find this Hill's A/D, or any suggested shop where I can grab this thing off the shelves?

Latest report from my wife, the anakČ is bising (good sign) and most of the time they are sleeping.. and as per expected, Gugu is nowhere near their kids.. kesian the babies..
Old 12-09-2009, 01:51 PM
PetFinder Guru

Felix The Cat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by croomaniac View Post

I'm totally naive on handling the newborns.. will do as per suggested.. i will try to find this Hill's A/D, or any suggested shop where I can grab this thing off the shelves?

Latest report from my wife, the anakČ is bising (good sign) and most of the time they are sleeping.. and as per expected, Gugu is nowhere near their kids.. kesian the babies..
You are most welcome Croomaniac
Just sharing on my past experience.
You can get Hill's A/D from any petshops or Vets

Felix The Cat - Dee wonderful wonderful cat!
http://felixthecats.weebly.com
http://livinginmyworld-phyllis.blogspot.com/
Old 12-09-2009, 01:57 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Heshmael Clinic kan ada, friend ... tapi you gotta try 1 can first, some cats take mahu makan langsung ...

Since GuGu is not spending time near the kids to provide body warmth, make sure the box the kitten is in is at a warm drought-free area because young kittens cannot generate body heat and lose body heat very fast. Put in dry towels but they do get wet easily and will make the kittens very cold instead (I prefer newspaper shreds which absorb any wetness and excess liquid will drip down to the bottom of the box which is layered with thick layers of newspaper). Make sure you monitor and remove any dampened material instantly to avoid the kittens being cold upon body contact with it.

Also it will help greatly for you to fill a double layered plastic bag (macam tapau air kat kedai) with warm water and balut well with soft towel to provide warmth for the kittens as well as give the kittens a feeling of mama's warm body. It will give them much comfort and reduce their stress so that they will not fall sick and die so easily.

Caution: DO NOT put in ANY litter sand for the kittens or anywhere near them. Use shredded newspaper only.
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 12-09-2009, 05:21 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Always thanked for you guys inputs.. Wifey have bought Hills AD @RM6.20 each at the Vet.. and milk for baby kitten was also in the cart..

Good news is that she said that now GuGu is spending more and more time with her babies, well at least in the box.. Yupp, she put GuGu there, and GuGu stayed!~ GuGu also kinda marah when wifey pick up her kids to bottle.. is that a sign of motherhood in her?
Old 12-09-2009, 05:31 PM
PetFinder Guru

Felix The Cat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Always thanked for you guys inputs.. Wifey have bought Hills AD @RM6.20 each at the Vet.. and milk for baby kitten was also in the cart..

Good news is that she said that now GuGu is spending more and more time with her babies, well at least in the box.. Yupp, she put GuGu there, and GuGu stayed!~ GuGu also kinda marah when wifey pick up her kids to bottle.. is that a sign of motherhood in her?
Wow... so glad to hear that GuGu is interacting with her babies. Yes, that's motherly instinct Croomaniac

I bought Hills AD from my vet when Jojie was sick, I mixed the medication into the food and Jojie ate it. Good way to feed your cats medication. The AD cost me RM7.40 per tin. So expensive woooooo compared to your price.

Felix The Cat - Dee wonderful wonderful cat!
http://felixthecats.weebly.com
http://livinginmyworld-phyllis.blogspot.com/
Old 12-09-2009, 06:02 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix The Cat View Post
Wow... so glad to hear that GuGu is interacting with her babies. Yes, that's motherly instinct Croomaniac

I bought Hills AD from my vet when Jojie was sick, I mixed the medication into the food and Jojie ate it. Good way to feed your cats medication. The AD cost me RM7.40 per tin. So expensive woooooo compared to your price.
Aiks, croomaniac, pls check are you sure it is A/D dan bukan I/D? Itu harga I/D ... kalau betol A/D, kat mana beli, sebab aku nak beli sedozen ...
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 12-09-2009, 06:38 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Yupp, I just called my wife, and it is confirmed Hills AD chicken, and the price is RM6.20 each.. Where do you think that my wife would go? It must be Heshmael Clinic!~ heheh.. Lucky that the clinic is just around the corner, if else my wifey surely have cried a river just to ask her to go to a place she never knew

P/S: Honey I love you and so proud of you
Old 12-10-2009, 10:55 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
P/S: Honey I love you and so proud of you
Thanks Hon, love you too ... ...... ....
Old 12-10-2009, 01:48 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Aiseh, guys.. I checked it back then it is not AD, it is KD.. hrmm.. I checked the website, Feline k/d™ - Canned is for Kidney disease and early heart failure! I searched damansara uptown last night (well it was late, I arrived there at 9, so, 2 pet shops we went into didn't have that in stores.. and yet, one of them said that hills do not do their canned food anymore, she said discontinued! Hrmm..

Hehe.. but anyhow, both GuGu and GaGa ate that kd!

Anyway, the milk wifey bought was a good one, well at least it looks better than the animalac formula.. It costs RM8 something and everything looks similar to ready made Santan just that at the outside you can see animal faces instead of coconut..

As per update, GuGu is super manja with my wife.. She now dah tak masuk kotak, so left her babies alone again.. Her babies all OK, sleep soundly but 1 of them looks weaker than the other 2..
Old 12-10-2009, 02:04 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Aiseh, guys.. I checked it back then it is not AD, it is KD.. hrmm.. I checked the website, Feline k/d™ - Canned is for Kidney disease and early heart failure! I searched damansara uptown last night (well it was late, I arrived there at 9, so, 2 pet shops we went into didn't have that in stores.. and yet, one of them said that hills do not do their canned food anymore, she said discontinued! Hrmm..

Hehe.. but anyhow, both GuGu and GaGa ate that kd!
Please throw away the remaining K/D. Croomaniac, these are specially formulated PRESCRIPTION veterinary diets for specific medical use, feeding it to a cat with a different medical condition, even a healthy cat for that matter, can have serious implications. That is why prescription veterinary range foods are only sold at vet clinics upon vet prescription and not simply sold at any pet shops, just like any doctor-prescription medication for humans. It is dangerous to abuse prescription products! And if a cat feeding on that special prescription diet has recovered, that prescription food must be stopped and not given anymore because continued consumption can cause serious effects on a healthy cat!

A/D can be obtained from Heshmael Clinic, Healing Pets at Damansara Jaya, one clinic in Section 17, PJ, and so on but NOT at pet shops. Tapi if GuGu will eat, kasi dia RC Babycat or RC Kitten 36 dry plus lots of clean filtered water kasi makan free-flow because she is the milk bottle eating to provide for all kittens plus replenish her own body.

Itu la aku tanya mana Croomaniac beli A/D tu, I was so suspicious of the price dan kalo benar, aku nak songlap 1-2 carton sorok for emergency in case my strays are not well, especially the kittens.

Quote:
Anyway, the milk wifey bought was a good one, well at least it looks better than the animalac formula.. It costs RM8 something and everything looks similar to ready made Santan just that at the outside you can see animal faces instead of coconut..

As per update, GuGu is super manja with my wife.. She now dah tak masuk kotak, so left her babies alone again.. Her babies all OK, sleep soundly but 1 of them looks weaker than the other 2..
croomaniac, you can get Milkodog from a good vet clinic (not all vet clinic sells it because it is more expensive ... but because it is not a vet prescription product, Sea Park Pet Supplies (pet supplies shop belakang Heshmael Clinic ada jual kalau Dr. Hasnul punyer clinic tak ada stok). Milkodog is better quality. Mother's Helper is very good tapi susah nak cari sekarang and many seasoned pet rescuers find that the tolerance is better.

p.s. Friend, as much as it is hard to resist, tell wifey leave GuGu to spend time (smalam kan dah elok tu) with the kittens, otherwise you are going to have more dying kittens. It is very, very important for GuGu to bond with her young. Don't touch them unnecessarily, only go in to put food, clean up and monitor from a distance. GuGu MUST attend to her kittens and important that she produce milk for her kittens for that special nutrients not found in commercial kitten milk, not to mention all the mother's love and touch for their emotional development.

Last edited by FurKids; 12-10-2009 at 02:17 PM.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:19 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Whoah.. I'm totally naive in this matter.. ok furkids, have already told wifey to get rid of the remaining.. and there is another one unopened *anyone?*

Anyway, the weakest had just passed away.. RIP another Jane/John.. Wifey had to move the rest to another box, as the old one have ants crawling here and there.. but this time GuGu act more motherly than before.. she picked her kids and move them to somewhere else (my wife had to search around for them) then found her with her kids deep down somewhere in the store room.. It is not a conducive place, so wifey then move all of them to the new box and GuGu followed them, and remained there.. She meowing calling her babies everytime her babies cry..

That is the latest report from home.. hope that the remaining 2 would survive this harsh situation..

The RC babycat has long being free-flowed since I knew that she is pregnant.. and I put a side by side bowl both filled with water, changed everyday.. That I presume a good practice, and I throw away unfinished kibbles before topping up with the new ones..

Thanks so much for the help, I will search thoroughly tonight for the ADs.. Today I want to get back early! *my dear boss can you hear me (crying)?*
Old 12-10-2009, 03:33 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Ala friend, from where la your wifey beli itu I/D pergi la tukak A/D .... how many ppl have cats with kidney failure on the forum to angkat tangan for you to baling that I/D over to? Kan aku nasihat beli SATU (1) dulu .... piap-piap! anak murid tarak dengar ckap cikgu ....

Hey, bud, spray the room floor with diluted garbage enzyme to repel any insects (ants, mosquitoes, etc) secara non-toxic la .... mati anak kucing tu di gigit ... not to mention the attraction of the cat food .... dilute about 1:20 -50 parts of water and spray (avoid barang besi, karat nanti).

... don't ever bathe GuGu or her kids, ah .... some of you guys hobby dan sukerrrrrrr ajer mandi-mandi selalu siang dan malam .... ... and no litter sand, use shredded newspaper ... if no shredder, go manual, tear up and crumble the torn shreds. Litter sand can be deadly for kittens below 6 months!

Go get the A/D and Milkodog ... happy nursing, selamat timang cucu ... !
Old 12-11-2009, 01:49 AM
PetFinder Buddy

Guys, I just reached home..

Both of the remaining two, Jane and John Doe are lying lifeless..

There it goes, no cucu left for us..

After GuGu is well from her demam selsema, we'll send her to castrade..

Born on Monday, left us by Thursday.. Hope 6 of you guys are playing happily on the other world..

We will take care of your mother..

We'll send a prayer to you guys too.. Amin..
Old 12-11-2009, 12:18 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Not to forget to thank you guys too for your concern, more over to Furkids and Felix..

Though the babies can't be saved despite various attempts, but at least GuGu is showing improvements on herself.. She started to eat kibbles this morning.. she was given Avoderm (if i'm not mistaken) wet food yesterday, after I said no to Hills k/d..

The feeling of sober is still here but heck, life must go on.. there are reasons for everything, as setiap y berlaku ada hikmahnya..

Thanks! Glad this forum rocks with nice good educated people!~