Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens > Training & Behavioral Issues

Training & Behavioral Issues Does your cat have an attitude, or just simply refuses to listen to you? Share it with your peers here and learn more about a cat's behavior and training methods

Old 02-02-2009, 03:21 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Do Cats Respond to Their Name Being Called?

Adoiiii .... ouch!! ouch!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B48JRM10.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	3222   Click image for larger version

Name:	B48JRM12.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	3223   Click image for larger version

Name:	B48JRM11.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	3224  
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 02-02-2009, 03:24 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Poor Hensem Boboy ....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	B47JRM02.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	3225   Click image for larger version

Name:	B47JRM09.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	3226  
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 02-02-2009, 03:27 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Come, Papa cayang Boboy ... give treat-treat ayam kukus ... big, big piece of breast meat, kay? No need to hisap jari like baby ...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	B48JRM04.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	3227   Click image for larger version

Name:	B47JRM19.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	3228  
Old 02-02-2009, 03:33 PM
Puppet Master~

chemonk is an unknown quantity at this point

hahahaha ... nice pose from all kotak's model... hehehe like the one on the top of the mandarin limau box... very notti kacau sama itu makcik yg sedang relax... hahahahahahahhaha
Old 02-02-2009, 03:37 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

Eh, furkids, what is my Blackie doing on top of your mandarin orange box?

Hehe, very cute pictures, anyway.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:45 PM
Animal lover

mew mew is on a distinguished road

Ya lor....how come Blackie is on top of the kotak in furkid's house. Hmmmm.......must be the yummy chicken treats hidden in the house.

Last edited by mew mew; 02-02-2009 at 03:51 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-02-2009, 04:04 PM
Vivien Wuz Ere

Location: Earth - where every human beings have to live together with animals
vivienlpl is on a distinguished road

i think they do response to your voice
last time my granny's cat
called ah bee

at times when makan time
ah bee ah bee

the cat will meowwwwwwwwwwwwww
go round my granny's leg......... tail also naik tinggi
Old 02-02-2009, 04:09 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

How la I know? I call "Whiteeeee!!! Whiteeeeeeeee!!!" and he come one ...

Anyway, that pretty girl is Kotak Monster's girlfriend ... he very sayang her one ...

She came crying into my garden on day when she was still a very small baby, limping slowly because she hurt her front leg.

Was so very hungry she went straight towards my lion king's bowl while he was eating and gobbled up all his kibbles.

Luckily, the gentle giant didn't mind at all and just stood back, letting her eat all his food.

I then put her on one of my garden benches surrounded by plants and she crawled into a clay pipe to hide and rest.

Then suddenly came a stray male from I don't know where and there was a loud scream from her because he had bitten her from behind. I didn't know she had been bitten until a week later when the abscess from her wound oozed out pus! No wonder she minded every time I stroked her bum, poor girl. Had to take her to a clinic to clean out the pus properly. Sudah jatuh ditimpa tangga pulak ...

Her front leg soon healed, so did the bite wound ... but she refused to go away and is now a PR in my house.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	B65JRM14.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	3229   Click image for larger version

Name:	B66CPL07.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	3230   Click image for larger version

Name:	B66CPL08.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	3231  
Old 02-02-2009, 04:30 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivienlpl View Post
i think they do response to your voice
last time my granny's cat
called ah bee

at times when makan time
ah bee ah bee

the cat will meowwwwwwwwwwwwww
go round my granny's leg......... tail also naik tinggi
Aiyoh, Vivien, makan taim no need to call, "Ah Bee, Ah See ..." oso your cat will come one ...

All my cats will suddenly appear out of nowhere during makan time ... no need call-call or eye contact ... no say a single word! The delicious aroma from the stove will bring them all running longkangs away ... hehehehehehhhh!!!

All will sit around quietly 5-10 feet away all round the dinner table, eyes big-big and unblinking ....
Old 02-02-2009, 04:37 PM
Petfinder Moderator

FURKIDS!!!!! Here's a brick your way for calling my Blackie Whiteee.

That was such a sad tale, of Kotak Monster's girlfriend limping and being very hungry. Luckily she found you. Otherwise, who knows what her fate would be. They're so helpless and defenseless at that age.

She's really beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post

Anyway, that pretty girl is Kotak Monster's girlfriend ... he very sayang her one ...

She came crying into my garden on day when she was still a very small baby, limping slowly because she hurt her front leg.

Was so very hungry she went straight towards my lion king's bowl while he was eating and gobbled up all his kibbles.

Luckily, the gentle giant didn't mind at all and just stood back, letting her eat all his food.

I then put her on one of my garden benches surrounded by plants and she crawled into a clay pipe to hide and rest.

Then suddenly came a stray male from I don't know where and there was a loud scream from her because he had bitten her from behind. I didn't know she had been bitten until a week later when the abscess from her wound oozed out pus! No wonder she minded every time I stroked her bum, poor girl. Had to take her to a clinic to clean out the pus properly. Sudah jatuh ditimpa tangga pulak ...

Her front leg soon healed, so did the bite wound ... but she refused to go away and is now a PR in my house.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:41 PM
Gentle Giant

Coony is on a distinguished road

Definitely cat do response to their name, I remember the very first time when my Hikaru arrive at KLIA Animal hotel from Japan. The first thing I do was call out his name even before getting to the carrier & immediately I got a response from him. Simon is very responsive to his name, whenever someone call his name when he is in the cage he will get up straight away & stick his front paw out liking waving to you, actually he wanted you to let him out.

Best Maine Coon Cattery in CFA ID Asia/LA since 2004
The only Maine Coon cattery with 3 DM, 3 Top Ten MCO National & produce the most GC/GP (30) & DW (12) in CFA ID Asia/LA
Old 02-02-2009, 04:49 PM
Petfinder Moderator

haha, clever Simon....has anyone been fooled into letting him out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coony View Post
Definitely cat do response to their name, I remember the very first time when my Hikaru arrive at KLIA Animal hotel from Japan. The first thing I do was call out his name even before getting to the carrier & immediately I got a response from him. Simon is very responsive to his name, whenever someone call his name when he is in the cage he will get up straight away & stick his front paw out liking waving to you, actually he wanted you to let him out.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:53 PM
Vivien Wuz Ere

does that apply to master blackie only
so sound like master blackie style of eating...
Old 02-02-2009, 05:03 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Hehe, furkids is right, you know, vivien. The smell of food will get your cat running to you. When I cook, Blackie, who's usually having his nap at that time, would come running to the kitchen and rubbed his scent on my legs, and on all the furniture in the kitchen. Then he'll park himself right under the stove. I have to get my mum to come and pick him up and carry him away as I'm afraid the oil from the wok might splatter on him. So very leceh each time.

And the weird thing is.....when my step-grandma visits us and she's the one cooking, he'll freeze halfway in the kitchen, look at her with a puzzled look like saying "why wrong person cooking" and then back track to the dining area. He won't rub the furniture or her legs but stay far away. I don't know why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivienlpl View Post
does that apply to master blackie only
so sound like master blackie style of eating...
Old 02-02-2009, 05:04 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
FURKIDS!!!!! Here's a brick your way for calling my Blackie Whiteee. .
{Duck quickly ....] Owwwww, Blackie Mama, almost touched my beautipooool hair ....
Quote:
She's really beautiful.
Yes, very gentle girl too. She got the biggest wide set eyes I have seen on a cat. Like a beautiful human face.
Old 02-02-2009, 05:10 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Hehe, furkids is right, you know, vivien. The smell of food will get your cat running to you. When I cook, Blackie, who's usually having his nap at that time, would come running to the kitchen and rubbed his scent on my legs, and on all the furniture in the kitchen. Then he'll park himself right under the stove. I have to get my mum to come and pick him up and carry him away as I'm afraid the oil from the wok might splatter on him. So very leceh each time.

And the weird thing is.....when my step-grandma visits us and she's the one cooking, he'll freeze halfway in the kitchen, look at her with a puzzled look like saying "why wrong person cooking" and then back track to the dining area. He won't rub the furniture or her legs but stay far away. I don't know why.
Maybe he still had the taste of your step-grandma's kungfu kick in his mouth ... you tak nampak aje ...
Old 02-02-2009, 05:12 PM
Petfinder Moderator

YOU have beautipoool hair??? Are you man.....or woman????

What's her name? No, don't tell me it's Whiteee.

Quote:
{Duck quickly ....] Owwwww, Blackie Mama, almost touched my beautipooool hair .... Yes, very gentle girl too. She got the biggest wide set eyes I have seen on a cat. Like a beautiful human face.
Old 02-02-2009, 05:23 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Do Cats Respond to Their Name Being Called?

Furkidssssssssssssssssssssss!! Is that my Peterpan long lost cousin?? Kotak Monster??????

Poor girl!! Luckily your Kotak Monster didn't mind she ate his meal.good boy.She look like Blackie but female version

Quote:

Old 02-02-2009, 05:31 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Huh? I don't think so la....he never went near my step-grandma from day one. Although, in later visits, he no longer hissed at her when she tried to say hello to him.

Quote:
Maybe he still had the taste of your step-grandma's kungfu kick in his mouth ... you tak nampak aje ...
Old 02-02-2009, 05:40 PM
Vivien Wuz Ere

Quote:

why like this because you are slave to your master blackie