Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Hall of Shame

Hall of Shame There are lots of cruel and inconsiderate people out there. Expose their cruel deeds to the world and let them be shamed!

Old 09-18-2008, 01:57 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Darren is on a distinguished road
Default Injured Cat Found.

I went on early breakfast around 7.30 a.m in Sri Petaling this morning. On my way back I saw this injured cat lying on the roadside beside the a shop with no one cares about her.

Wihout delay I bring him to the animal shelter in Subang, but they say since the vet is not in, they cant do anything else. They were quite helpful to show me the nearest vet. So, instead I rushed her to a nearby clinic.

She looked in pain but not really weak. The early diagnosis is that she was scalded/poured with hot water. Shame on the people who did it.

The vet couldn’t guarantee the survival rate, but they say I have 2 options to either treat or just put to sleep(die).

I don’t know whether to go for the recovery as the vet told me it could cost a bomb, coz I don’t intend to keep her anyway, since my apartment is quite small, time and also the rules constraint.

But I also don’t have the heart to put her to sleep since she still looks very strong, which I think that decision will haunt me by giving up before trying to save her in the 1st place.

Lastly I decided to give it a try for a recovery. If she didn’t make it on the treatment, then at least I have tried and I have chosen to prioritize her life even though my wallet will burn a hole. She must be try to be saved 1s t the money can cari later.

She is warded in Healers Clinic in Subang now. An hour ago they tried to stabilized her conditions before they proceed for the wound cleaning.

I am still confused right now. Am I doing the right thing? I also don’t know yet.

So, that’s my story for this morning…. I felt relieved a bit after telling...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	18-09-08_0830.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	925   Click image for larger version

Name:	18-09-08_0954.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	926  
Old 09-18-2008, 02:03 PM
PetFinder Guru

lynielime is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Injured Cat Found.

Hi darren. I think what you are doing for her is wonderful. Feel free to let me know if you need help.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:08 PM
Banned

ashleywong is on a distinguished road

this looks very much like my anna in colouration. who's the devil who dare put this poor creature through suffering.

tell you what? you're doing the right thing. i know it costs money and you don't know whether the animl pulls through or not

but don't worry, you can start a profile here and the list of volunteers fosterer can help take care of thepoor cat until a home can be found for it.

but in order to gain exposure for this kitten, you can start a profile at the "home" page.

you acn post update on the kitten/cat there better not show the photo yet

don't worry, all of us will rally and help you. don't worry okay?
Old 09-18-2008, 02:08 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road

OH!! My god!! whoever this did the the cat I hope he/she will rot in hell!!!!!!!!! Bloody hell!! What is wrong with human nowadays??

Darren,why don't you buy gel gamat.1 tube cost only RM17.You can get at any costmetic kiosk.The packaging is pinkish red and the brand name is HEALIN gamat. Just apply gel gamat on the scalded skin.make sure the gel dry and sip through the skin. don't let the cat lick it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren View Post
I went on early breakfast around 7.30 a.m in Sri Petaling this morning. On my way back I saw this injured cat lying on the roadside beside the a shop with no one cares about her.

Wihout delay I bring him to the animal shelter in Subang, but they say since the vet is not in, they cant do anything else. They were quite helpful to show me the nearest vet. So, instead I rushed her to a nearby clinic.

She looked in pain but not really weak. The early diagnosis is that she was scalded/poured with hot water. Shame on the people who did it.

The vet couldn’t guarantee the survival rate, but they say I have 2 options to either treat or just put to sleep(die).

I don’t know whether to go for the recovery as the vet told me it could cost a bomb, coz I don’t intend to keep her anyway, since my apartment is quite small, time and also the rules constraint.

But I also don’t have the heart to put her to sleep since she still looks very strong, which I think that decision will haunt me by giving up before trying to save her in the 1st place.

Lastly I decided to give it a try for a recovery. If she didn’t make it on the treatment, then at least I have tried and I have chosen to prioritize her life even though my wallet will burn a hole. She must be try to be saved 1s t the money can cari later.

She is warded in Healers Clinic in Subang now. An hour ago they tried to stabilized her conditions before they proceed for the wound cleaning.

I am still confused right now. Am I doing the right thing? I also don’t know yet.

So, that’s my story for this morning…. I felt relieved a bit after telling...
Old 09-18-2008, 02:09 PM
Banned

ashleywong is on a distinguished road

Yes darren

count me in too. i want to help because if my little anna were to suffer the same fate (not through my hands but suffer injuries out on the street), i would also hope that a good samaritan will help her out.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:11 PM
Animal Lover

Darren,you may try gel gamat.it works on my cats and other forumers cats too.give it try.I think you know gamat is traditional medicine.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:18 PM
Banned

Pawprints is on a distinguished road

This cat reminds me of a young pregnant female cat I found at the TTDI pasar not too long ago. She had been found lying down bleeding from the hind because she had sufferred a miscarriage, was very weak and disoriented, found severely dehydrated and shivering. She tried hard to lick from a pool of dirty water.

I rushed her to a vet who said that in addition to the miscarriage, she had suffered head trauma from a hard blow to the head. We tried hard to save her but she died the next day. Obviously the poor cat had suffered days of pain before finally released from her misery. May the cruel people who hurt her rot in Hell!

This cat looks like it has a strong chance to live if the vet can provide the antibiotics to prevent infection and keep the wound sterile. Hang on in dear, dear girl, and Darren, well done, don't give up!
Old 09-18-2008, 02:33 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Hi lynielime, ashley wong , june, pawprints..

Thanks for your advice and support...

I will definitely acquire youre help when the time comes soon. In the mean time i will try to update her conditions here everytime i receives a call from the vet.

I checked Her in at healing rooms subang at and she was lying down all the time but manages to sit up a few seconds before lying down again.

According to the vet, the wounds maybe was a long time cause there was a small dry area. But the large wet area the vet suggests that the cat has been trying to lick her wound, so thats why it is still clean and no maggots.

The vet also suggested that maybe the wound was infected and she was already too weak to lick the wound.

She was also already dehydrated, possiblity lose of water, blood , in shock and breathing heavily. They put a drip on her and wait for her condition to stabilise, then only can clean the wounds.

Thank you also for the Gamat Suggestion. We will see what is the vets report before we try the Gamat, as the wound maybe already badly infected and there maybe a viral infection already inside her blood...

Till the next vet report, i crossed my finger and hoped for the best outcome...
Old 09-18-2008, 02:37 PM
Animal Lover

yeah,I agree with you Pawprint.this cat look strong. Darren,pls consider my suggestions,gel gamat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawprints View Post
This cat reminds me of a young pregnant female cat I found at the TTDI pasar not too long ago. She had been found lying down bleeding from the hind because she had sufferred a miscarriage, was very weak and disoriented, found severely dehydrated and shivering. She tried hard to lick from a pool of dirty water.

I rushed her to a vet who said that in addition to the miscarriage, she had suffered head trauma from a hard blow to the head. We tried hard to save her but she died the next day. Obviously the poor cat had suffered days of pain before finally released from her misery. May the cruel people who hurt her rot in Hell!

This cat looks like it has a strong chance to live if the vet can provide the antibiotics to prevent infection and keep the wound sterile. Hang on in dear, dear girl, and Darren, well done, don't give up!
Old 09-18-2008, 02:49 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
yeah,I agree with you Pawprint.this cat look strong. Darren,pls consider my suggestions,gel gamat.
Hi June, tq for your gamat suggestion and i will definitely consider it.

It is indeed a cheaper and traditional approach once her condition is more stable and able to regain strength and after we know how bad the infections on her wound since it has been been there for too long..

TQ
Old 09-18-2008, 02:53 PM
PetFinder Guru

Location: Seri Kembangan, Selangor (Yeah, we got free water!)
sillylupie is on a distinguished road

Darren,
Trust your heart ... you are doing the very RIGHT thing!
Do keep us updated on her condition!

sillylupie-shop
http://sillylupie-shop.blogspot.com
Old 09-18-2008, 03:01 PM
Banned

Pawprints is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hi lynielime, ashley wong , june, pawprints..

Thanks for your advice and support...

I will definitely acquire youre help when the time comes soon. In the mean time i will try to update her conditions here everytime i receives a call from the vet.

I checked Her in at healing rooms subang at and she was lying down all the time but manages to sit up a few seconds before lying down again.

According to the vet, the wounds maybe was a long time cause there was a small dry area. But the large wet area the vet suggests that the cat has been trying to lick her wound, so thats why it is still clean and no maggots.

The vet also suggested that maybe the wound was infected and she was already too weak to lick the wound.

She was also already dehydrated, possiblity lose of water, blood , in shock and breathing heavily. They put a drip on her and wait for her condition to stabilise, then only can clean the wounds.

Thank you also for the Gamat Suggestion. We will see what is the vets report before we try the Gamat, as the wound maybe already badly infected and there maybe a viral infection already inside her blood...

Till the next vet report, i crossed my finger and hoped for the best outcome...
Darren, is the attending vet Dr Vijay? He is a good vet.
Old 09-18-2008, 03:12 PM
Animal Lover

no problem.I was sceptical when one of the forumer recemmonded gel gamat but I was desperate to save my cat and I bought gel gamat/air gamat and minyak gamat.walah!! it works within 10 days.

I hope the cat will recover soon.I pray for her recovery.

Quote:
Hi June, tq for your gamat suggestion and i will definitely consider it.

It is indeed a cheaper and traditional approach once her condition is more stable and able to regain strength and after we know how bad the infections on her wound since it has been been there for too long..

TQ
Old 09-18-2008, 03:30 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

Quote:
no problem.I was sceptical when one of the forumer recemmonded gel gamat but I was desperate to save my cat and I bought gel gamat/air gamat and minyak gamat.walah!! it works within 10 days.

I hope the cat will recover soon.I pray for her recovery.
Yes, the gamat you need to make sure you get the authentic one because there are so many adulterations in the market, many contain a lot of things which are toxic to the cat or can aggravate the wounds because they are formulated for certain human usage. Make sure you get the brand name and name of supplier as well as the authorised seller correct and you will be safe. You need to be extra, extra careful with traditional medicine because there is no regulating body. Gamat is definitely very, very good and effective, but only if you get the real thing, so do try to get it in the purest, unadulterated form.

June, kasi nama brand, manufacturer and authorised seller for our knowledge base, can? Thanks, dear.
Old 09-18-2008, 03:45 PM
Animal Lover

Bro,this one is original. not tipu2 one. Later I will post the pic with brand and manufacturer name.I'm in the office now and my gamat is at home

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
Yes, the gamat you need to make sure you get the authentic one because there are so many adulterations in the market, many contain a lot of things which are toxic to the cat or can aggravate the wounds because they are formulated for certain human usage. Make sure you get the brand name and name of supplier as well as the authorised seller correct and you will be safe. You need to be extra, extra careful with traditional medicine because there is no regulating body. Gamat is definitely very, very good and effective, but only if you get the real thing, so do try to get it in the purest, unadulterated form.

June, kasi nama brand, manufacturer and authorised seller for our knowledge base, can? Thanks, dear.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:17 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Bro,this one is original. not tipu2 one. Later I will post the pic with brand and manufacturer name.I'm in the office now and my gamat is at home
Yes, I caya June got THE original, caya sama June, otherwise PP would not be what he is today, right? Dat's why la nak tahu full product info, takut kiter yang kena tipu bila beli besok ... and our cat mati!
Old 09-18-2008, 04:24 PM
Animal Lover

yes,yes. Tks to original gamat, Peterpan recovered and extra naughty

For the sake of our cats,tonite I'll post the gamat pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
Yes, I caya June got THE original, caya sama June, otherwise PP would not be what he is today, right? Dat's why la nak tahu full product info, takut kiter yang kena tipu bila beli besok ... and our cat mati!
Old 09-18-2008, 05:06 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Hi everyone,

Thanks 4 the continous support and advice

1. Thanks sillypuppie, i just dont want to make a wrong decision that will haunt me...

1.1 Pawprints, it was still early morning, and dr vijay was not in yet. But the vets were very helpful too.

2. June, Furkids, thanks with the alternative suggestions. Any way that we can lessen the cost that can produce good results are worth trying.
It will be helpful that we can get the right .

3. I was thinking of visiting her at the vet on lunch hour, friday. Anybody wanna follow are welcome...

Last edited by Darren; 09-19-2008 at 05:20 PM.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:57 PM
PetFinder Guru

Location: Seri Kembangan, Selangor (Yeah, we got free water!)
sillylupie is on a distinguished road

Hmmm... sillypuppie.... woof woof woof ... :)
hahahaha

sillylupie-shop
http://sillylupie-shop.blogspot.com
Old 09-18-2008, 07:06 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

Darren, you did a great job! Poor cat. She looks like my Blackie. Humans are so inhumane these days.

PawPrints, I can't believe what I read...how could we humans sink so low as to hit a poor pregnant cat in the head, causing her to miscarry and be disoriented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawprints View Post

Bina, when did you become a sillypuppie eh? hahahahaha!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillylupie View Post
Hmmm... sillypuppie.... woof woof woof ... :)
hahahaha