Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Hall of Shame

Hall of Shame There are lots of cruel and inconsiderate people out there. Expose their cruel deeds to the world and let them be shamed!

Old 11-22-2008, 03:40 PM
Animal Lover

jolie is on a distinguished road
Default Got Conned into buying a sick dog

Would just like to advise all dog lovers out there to be careful when buying a dog (especially an UNVACCINATED dog). Bought a labrador last week from Dkennel, Serdang - it looked skinny was told it did not have good appetite but otherwise it looked fine. It vomitted on the way back and had heaving sounds the next day....took it to the vet during the weekend, and it was confirmed sick with flu and lung infection....vet said it might have distemper...and need to check it a week later again.

The dog infected my rottweiler who is beginning to be sick. However, luckily my rotty has already been vaccinated twice and is waiting for his 3rd vaccination. Called the seller and he insisted the dog was ok....the vet says incubation for distemper etc is one to two weeks....I am writing this coz I am very unhappy with the seller and would like to pass this to all would be dog buyers.....the vet advised to buy VACCINATED dogs only.....do not be conned and think that the dog which can run, walk and eat is ok although not active .... they may be sick....also, the seller advertises his dogs for sale on this site. Good luck.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:32 PM
Gentle Giant

Coony is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Got Conned into buying a sick dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolie View Post
Would just like to advise all dog lovers out there to be careful when buying a dog (especially an UNVACCINATED dog). Bought a labrador last week from Dkennel, Serdang - it looked skinny was told it did not have good appetite but otherwise it looked fine. It vomitted on the way back and had heaving sounds the next day....took it to the vet during the weekend, and it was confirmed sick with flu and lung infection....vet said it might have distemper...and need to check it a week later again.

The dog infected my rottweiler who is beginning to be sick. However, luckily my rotty has already been vaccinated twice and is waiting for his 3rd vaccination. Called the seller and he insisted the dog was ok....the vet says incubation for distemper etc is one to two weeks....I am writing this coz I am very unhappy with the seller and would like to pass this to all would be dog buyers.....the vet advised to buy VACCINATED dogs only.....do not be conned and think that the dog which can run, walk and eat is ok although not active .... they may be sick....also, the seller advertises his dogs for sale on this site. Good luck.
Sorry to hear what happen to your latest addition to the family. It is very sad to know that this kind of unethical breeders are everywhere & are conning innocent naive buyers everyday. The problem is that most ppl prefer their pet to be very young & cute, whereby in most case they are not vaccinated or at least not complete vaccination. A responsible breeder always put the welfare of their pet first & is the least concern whether you will buy their young one when they are not so cute anymore.

Joilie, I think you shud expose the breeder when you have confirm that the dog is suffering from distemper or any other disease, so as to prevent others from falling into the same fate as yours.

P/s: For your info 2 vaccination does not necessary guarantee your Rotty antibody.

Best Maine Coon Cattery in CFA ID Asia/LA since 2004
The only Maine Coon cattery with 3 DM, 3 Top Ten MCO National & produce the most GC/GP (30) & DW (12) in CFA ID Asia/LA
Old 11-22-2008, 07:37 PM
PetFinder Buddy

RoyBlue is on a distinguished road

Yeah you should expose such irresponsible folks. Bad enough they're making money out of breeding their furkids. They don't provide them proper medication and vaccination it seems.
Old 11-23-2008, 05:31 PM
Animal Lover

jolie is on a distinguished road

Thanks....yup - the vet told me but at least 2 jabs better than none....need to bring both to vet again next week for tests and follow up. Will definitely take action if things get bad for the dogs....these irresponsible people will get their just rewards - GOD is always watching and I believe in that.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:53 AM
PetFinder Guru

hourus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to hourus Send a message via Yahoo to hourus
Thumbs down Re: Got Conned into buying a sick dog

jolie, expose those irresponsible seller they have got it coming, let petfinder ban them from ever selling pups here sometimes action is needed in order for justice to be serve

zzzzzz.....woof woof
FurKid in the Car