Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Hall of Shame

Hall of Shame There are lots of cruel and inconsiderate people out there. Expose their cruel deeds to the world and let them be shamed!

Old 03-01-2009, 05:40 PM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation
Default Re: DBKL Animal Cruelty

Jacinta Johnson,
Welcome to Hall of Shame thread. Since you here i have simple question about petfinder.my. Almost one year petfinder.my planform isn't useful for your SPCA web page? You just need answer is Yes or No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacinta.spca View Post
Hello all.

Have been watching this thread (and threads on other forums) with mixed emotions of sadness, happiness and deep amusement.

So far I have personally e-mailed KhengTeik (I see an excerpt is posted here, am wondering why KhengTeik didnt reply my second e-mail response) two long mail on what it is exactly that the SPCA Selangor does. As I have mentioned to him, please do not judge our activities based on our websites, as it is outdated. Good news is - our new website goes live tomorrow, so check it out at www.spca.org.my

Really good to see some of you are doing good work for the animals - funnily enough I either already know some of you or have heard of you before. SPCA does not maintain a presence pet forums but we are always alerted by volunteers and fosterers everytime there is a mention/ discussion about us, in whatever context.

KhengTeik and Jeffrey, it is true that Asian countries face a more vicious overpopulation crisis compared to Western countries - I am not only talking about the number of animals, but also the number of animal welfare organisations who are on hand to handle the crisis, legislation and enforcement, and the pro-activeness of the community, society or government. If you would like to argue this point, I'd be happy to hear it.

Also, in terms of Humane Education @ SPCA, here's a brief overview -

- Over 2,000 students visited us last year to volunteer, fulfill their Community Service requirements, discuss their animal welfare-themed assignments, watch educational presentations and tie-in with us to bring SPCA to their schools or colleges.

- We have held Spay Days coupled with educational presentations for pet owners in Bentong twice and in Rawang once on 2007-2008

- Last year, we visited 22 kindergartens, primary schools, high schools, and colleges to conduct our humane education program, which focuses on Responsible Pet Ownership and for the young ones a session called Animals and Us

We are in the process of implementing an evaluation, monitoring and improvement system so we can learn what works for our students, and what leads to changes in their behavior towards animals.

I know this much because I handle the Humane Education portfolio. So if you have more queries or comments about our Education work, please feel free to contact me!

Also, as for publicizing our Humane Ed program, we usually don't do any pre-publicity in the media. These sessions are mostly held within the school, and are not open to the public. However, we do highlight them in our weekly emails to our database of supporters.

Am happy to answer your questions, so please play nice. I do not often log on to the forums online to chat, as there are always other pressing matters at work. Please e-mail me at jacinta.spca@gmail.com :)

Regards,
Jacinta Johnson-Chan
Asst Manager, Marketing & Comm Dept
SPCA Selangor

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:08 PM
Banned

khengteik is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to khengteik

DIMB
I dont understand what u trying to say... :p
Old 03-01-2009, 07:42 PM
PetFinder Moderator

I said the Pets For Adoption at main page http://www.petfinder.my some picture is from SPCA.Isn't useful for SPCA? It can help for adoption by public through here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by khengteik View Post
DIMB
I dont understand what u trying to say... :p

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:31 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

Clement!!!!!!!!!!! What????!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog is my buddy View Post
Jacinta Johnson,
Welcome to Hall of Shame
thread. Since you here i have simple question about petfinder.my. Almost one year petfinder.my planform isn't useful for your SPCA web page? You just need answer is Yes or No.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:40 PM
PetFinder Moderator

I meet she at this thread, and welcome to here. Hope can meet again in Hall of Shame.

Last edited by dog is my buddy; 03-01-2009 at 10:19 PM.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:44 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

OIC...

Quote:
I meet him at this thread, and welcome to here. Hope can meet again in Hall of Shame.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:02 AM
User Account Terminated

Jeffrey Read is an unknown quantity at this point

Jacinta,
Its always nice to hear from someone with authority at the end of the day. I have always played nicely and will continue to do so as that is the basic rule in any forum.

1st: Does SPCA provide its accounts for the public? If yes, do let me know where can I read its accounts online. If no, can you please let me and "those who are interested here" know why. The devil is always in the details.

2nd: I do not think it is fair to make comparisons between here & the US, as it involves different parameters ALTHOUGH it does no harm to know more about things. Once a comparison is made, it can escalate faster than hot air! So it is pointless arguing something which we can have no effect on. Isn't it like beating a dead horse? I guess all should agree that focus should be on resolving problems within the international boundary.

3rd: As you have gracefully put it, "...do not judge our websites, ... as its outdated..". Then why keep the websites if there is no intention to update it! I sincerely hope that from hereonwards, more effort will be done to upkeep the new site otherwise please close it down ASAP. As for me, not having website is much better than keeping an outdated one and that you would definately have to agree.

Besides having an updated site is much better than being in the multitude of forums and trying to engage everyone of them. Choosing where to fight one battles is more important than trying to win every single battle.

not so off-topic
I remember my 1st operation in my volunteer work was to tackle the numerous organizations with outdated notice boards. I removed everything and let the various organizations step up to upkeep their respective boards. But like everything else, "hangat-hangat tahi ayam" syndrome set in after sometime as there was no upkeep! Don't tell me, its in my JD to start removing everything again! There seems to be no END to this! In this case, I may have won the battle at the beginning but I have surely lost the war.

Last edited by Jeffrey Read; 03-02-2009 at 09:17 AM.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:23 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

Jacinta

Thank you for your reports on the many activities implemented by SPCA. Like I said earlier, Jacinta, activities (outputs) are one thing, but outcomes and benefits realised are another.

Has SPCA identified its Key Performance Indicators (KPI) in order to effectively measure whether set and expected objectives have been met with positive outcomes and benefits realised? What is the percentage of success in meeting objectives in terms of outcomes? Have you done any gap analysis? If so, what are the actions planned in order to close that gap? We wish to know this, not just activities like you mentioned.

As an example of 'effective' implementation:

The Selayang spay/neuter program was only reported in The New Straits Times on the day of the spay/neuter itself (!!!) and the Bentong spay/neuter program announced in Kitten.com just on day before (around mid-day or afternoon ... check back?) by Melissa and this too short a bidan terjun time frame which absolutely did not allow people who had just found out to adequately get capture their animals (especially if strays), fast them before bringing them in. Even domesticated pets need at least 1 whole day's notice! So very frustrating! No action planning or strategy ke? This is like headless chicken management ...

I remember hearing many people enquiring when that date would be for days and weeks but nothing had been highlighted in the SPCA website (in this age, your website is an extremely accurate reflection of any organisation - good or bad!). The internet is a very, very important and efficient channel of communication today and organisation that is not aware of this is a dead dinosaur!

Many people commented that calls to SPCA itself did not produce the information they needed about the Bentong spay/neuter and the general impression was that within SPCA itself, some groups of people were not working together and actually tried to outdo one another, at the expense of the SPCA organisation as well as the poor animals.

But, not all working in SPCA are bad, there are some that are extremely passionate and dedicated, doing a real good job. But SPCA really needs to address the bad apples because they are very, very counter productive.

So, Jacinta, that is why you can give an outline of the activities of SPCA more than a mile long, but the public is not impressed.

Ruth

You view about Krishnan is very similar to what we hear a lot of people saying. Plus, they say he is more interested in running his pet shop than effectively managing the clinic to facilitate the operation appointments for the vets and the public. It seems he really gave a lot of vets a very hard time!

You know, it really came as a surprise to many people that the shop is actually his own because people were often given the impression that it was an SPCA shop given expressions like, "... after all, it goes to the SPCA ...").

And yes, several people including Krishnan were definitely aware of the cruel mistreatment by DBKL and its contractors (how people know? from the incriminating comments he himself made which these people say absolutely disqualifies him as a representative/employee of SPCA). Sad, very sad!
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies

Last edited by FurKids; 03-02-2009 at 09:46 AM.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:56 AM
PetFinder Guru

melmel is on a distinguished road

Jacinta - SPCA,
d chair told last Sat - will response on UPM vet students operate dogs issue, cld pls check . Rev_, Dr P, Cu, G_yn, & of course u r very concern on tis. million tx

Also remind Cu to take an abused dog tat is dying at Jinjang Utara Village ( inspected last Sat)

Until then, take care

Ruth,
They will response on UPM issue, bravo !

Last edited by melmel; 03-02-2009 at 03:02 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:11 PM
User Account Terminated

Talk about letting the cat out of the bag! There seems to be a lot of under current about SPCA and that is the impression I get albeit being a greenhorn about animal activist.

As I retrace my steps to what initially lead me to believe that SPCA was operating inside the DBKL dog pound albeit perfect clarification from Lynette & FurKids. Hasn't anyone noticed the signage with the word SPCA together with the DBKL dog pound signage inside the 360 show?

FurKids
, this is not "..often giving the impresssion..", it has indeed given me the impression that SPCA is indeed located inside the DBKL dog pound. With the signage clearly indicating SPCA, perhaps Jacinta could set the record straight once & for all. Also decide to remove or keep the word SPCA on the signage.

So I am guessing its safe by now for me to assume that nothing really happened on 21 February 2009 after all the hype, since there was no reply. Hmmm perhaps all good things must come to an end eventually i.e. another dead end!

My final question is what was programme 360 trying to show at the end of the day! It had failed to address the issues on hand accurately despite showing twice. Insultingly, the producer is being seen GUNG-HO in 1 of the YouTube clip supplied by a member here. Why wasn't the producer seen as being GUNG-HO in his own show? Conflict of interest! 360 will never ever take me again for another joy ride. So much, for after 25 years TV3 anniversary, huh.

Last edited by Jeffrey Read; 03-02-2009 at 12:46 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:03 PM
PetFinder Guru

extract from m'sia dogs deserve better blog :

HIGH ALERT

Dear all,

We have an emergency situation at hand and need urgent help. Some of the dogs brought from the DBKL dog pound have tested positive for distemper. However, they do not have any symptoms and appear to be okay. Therefore, they have to be removed from the Ara Clinic as we do not want to infect the healthy dogs.

We’re also looking for other clinics with isolation wards that can take a dog or two. And we are also looking for fosterers who can take these dogs in as they will have to be fed with medication and a high dosage of vitamins to battle the infection.

The distemper virus is like the measles and chicken pox virus in humans. The virus is not transmissible to humans, cats as well as older dogs and vaccinated dogs.

Puppies up to 6 months old are however vulnerable. Therefore if you have older vaccinated dogs or only cats, you can take in a dog and nurse it back to health.

These dogs have escaped the jaws of death at the pound and it is only fair that we collectively fight to ensure that they make it through this hurdle.

All you have to do is to isolate the dog – cages and medication - will be provided and ensure that it takes all its medicine and is fed nourishing meals. You can wash your hand in a mixture of one part of Clorox and 30 parts of water.

The virus also does not survive very long in room temperature and it’s good if you place the dog’s cage in a sunny area – not directly under the sun though.

Please help us help them.

Write to - malaysiandogsdistemperalert@gmail.com

Please call: 019-3576477 or 019-3203875

Please also alert us if you know of any experienced vets who would like to assist us in our rescue work. They would of course be paid. After this experience we feel that we should break our rescued dogs in several groups and sent to several different vets.

Last edited by melmel; 03-02-2009 at 04:38 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:09 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Melmel, have you posted this in the wrong thread? This is DBKL cruelty thread.
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 03-02-2009, 05:36 PM
Animal Lover

tanuki is on a distinguished road

Furkids: Several vets told me that there are pet owners who address Krishnan as DR. Krishnan as he was very informative and tells people when to neuter their pets or what medicine to dispense.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:30 PM
PetFinder Moderator

T.Ruth,
Thanks for notice. I definitely support you all. I have made designed Protest Board let you all use. Download at http://forums.petfinder.my/showthrea...newpost&t=1887

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.ruth View Post
Hi DIMB, there are more than 2 kinds of people in this world. will write more on this later. nice to know u belong to 2nd kind. how abt helping with this UPM cruelty issue? they are helping to churn out butchers in the next generation. you'll definitely see crime rate continuing to increase with universities conducting 'criminal' activities for the future leaders of this country. CRUELTY IS MOST CERTAINLY A CRIMINAL ACTIVITY, isn't it?

Old 03-03-2009, 12:33 AM
Animal Rescuer

t.ruth is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
Melmel, have you posted this in the wrong thread? This is DBKL cruelty thread.
I think posting in whichever thread shouldn't matter under the circumstances. This is an emergency and it should be posted in all threads. Melmel has posted the S.O.S. for help and the important thing is to respond to the call and not worry about where it's posted.

Now, those of us who have been 'talking' so much on this issue of cruelty, it's time to act and show that we are better than those who perpetrated cruelty. Enough of 'talking'. Jeffrey, khengteik, etc., etc. how about some action? I don't mean to imply that you have been doing nothing, but this is truly an emergency.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:25 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Ruth, I agree that this is an SOS and it is not a problem to post in all threads, that is fine ... however my concern is not that, Ma'am. I thought that she only posted it here as I failed to notice any other postings elsewhere and it might not get the wide exposure it rightly deserves considering its utmost urgency. Anyway, hope things turn out well.

Also, Ruth, I may be wrong but I think Jeff, Khengteik, etc, etc, do have lots quiet action outside of the forum, they only yak it out here, after all this forum is a place to yak and talk things out, brainstorm, share, hold hands and rant out frustrations with fellow animal emphatisers.

Tanuki, hahahahaaaaa!!!! I remember the time "Dr." Krishnan dispensed medicine wrongly and later when the vet found out, she rolled her eyes! Maybe that is why he is very embarrassed and angry if called "Dr." ... I met one customer at the clinic actually telling the others not to call him that, saying that our friend gets very angry, saying "I am not Dr., I am "Mr", I am NOT a vet! I am the MANAGER here! " Haha! She got scolded for it herself!

Last edited by FurKids; 03-03-2009 at 08:31 AM.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:28 AM
PetFinder Guru

Ruth : just ignore them .

Extract from M'sia dogs deserve better :

Dear people,

we are in big trouble has our funds have been wiped out after several of our rescued dogs from DBKL dog pound tested positive for distemper. They are all on medication to boost the immunity and this is is rather expensive.

Furthermore, we have been coming across many many syray puppies and we have been told this is the post-mating season!

Keeping them pending adoption has also taken a toll on our funds.

Until we are able to consolidate monthly grants from corporate donors, we have no choice but rely on members of the public to help us out.

Therefore, we are once again appealing for donations to help us help the dogs bailed from DBKL dog pound.

Those who want to donate could do so by - Cheques in favour of:

1). Animal Health Center @ Ara,

or

2). Thomas Animal Clinic & Pet Corner,

c/o No 48, Jalan Jeriji U8/75C,

Bukit Jelutong, 40150, Shah Alam, Selangor.

Or bank into:

Animal Health Center @ Ara,

Maybank Account: 512352602980

If you have banked in your contribution please call 019-3576477.

For further details please call 019-3576477 as well.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:43 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
I found up have two kind person claims themselves as homeless animal’s protector. First kind they always doing the simple thing, like wrote article at forum tell people how to do or work out, If they free, they will follow friends doing protest at street when have any protest Gatherings . They will keep the protest recycle board, use back when have next protest Gatherings.
The second kinds, they do as pet rescuers, fosterers and adopters to assist homeless dogs and cats in seeking a proper home. They do volunteer work for animal’s shelters when free at week end. They do education and service to public.

I think myself is second kind.
DIMB, got third kind as well ... the TNR-ers and caregivers. Like June and some other forumers here ... I befriend, then catch/trap, spay/neuter, release back strays, provide caregiving to the colony in terms of food and medical attention when required and my pocket allows) on a regular schedule. All done sendirian berhad out of my own not very deep pocket (but somehow miraculously continues to get filled somewhat ).

Then I ask God to bless them and do what I cannot do further and to help them survive and protect them from danger.

Last edited by FurKids; 03-03-2009 at 12:01 PM.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:29 AM
User Account Terminated

t.ruth,
I am sorry but I have to decline your offer. Not only based on the existing circumstances that I am in and furthermore, I trust that I have expressed why I cannot be a real lover, not too long ago.

I do not want to keep scores but I suspect that qualify into this "group", I have to adopt something. Let truth be known that there is this pedigree which I hold close to my heart. To be exact Cavalier. I adopted this Cavalier but before that, I told the owner that I may have to return it, if this dog does not meet the approval of my wife and besides we were in the progress of securing land. It was an most inappropriate time to take on a dog but deep down I wanted to keep this dog.

To compound matters, the dog was terribly over weight and required immediate & extra attention. The dog breathing was labourious and the dog sounded more like an amoured tank. You could literally hear her coming before seeing her! As I drove back with the dog, I was already formulating a program in detail to tackle the weight immediately.

Before reaching home, I turned to the playground to test the dog out and see what the dog is really capable of. You see I seldom fully believe everything that is said. So I begin a series of test myself. The findings I made was most astounding. The dog was fearful to even step on grass! The dog had seperation anxiety! The dog was never toilet trained! The dog was never placed under a leash! The dog was this, was that and it was basically everything I did not want in a dog OR I wouldn't bring up in a dog!

Immediately I begun teaching simple commands to make her controllable, that was after 1 1/2 of overcoming the fear of grass! I knew this was an uphill battle but I could still make it IF circumstances permitted. However, I knew my wife was ONLY into Goldens so this will be the deciding factor whether the dog stays or be returned. When my wife saw the dog, it was to be returned. No further discussion. Despite all my indirect persuasion throughout the night, it was inevitable. Until this day, I still pine for that mutt. Still and its does not abate either.

I've come to realize that the bottom line, the problem is not the dog [not that I am blaming my wife. LOL] but people's lack of proper education and understanding on how to bring up dogs correctly. Dog are simple minded creatures and those to understand will know how to tap and exploit dog intelligence and sequencing. So, whenever the term dog training is used, for me the more accurate term is Training People to Understand About Their Dogs, so that dogs can live with humans and its rules.

That's why I decided to chose NATO, in the hope that people will realize that they must first be trained, then their dogs. It was and will never be the other way around. But like all things there will always be collateral damage as not all are willing to listen for they have already decided that they know best!

I've babbled too much... and yes, to some I may live in fantasy world and I find my fantasy and the reality is no different when I place my believe in the Almighty One. Although I would love ALL my pockets to be filled all the time like FurKids, but God has different plans for us. The more I deliberate, I am beginning to accept that aliciahorsley proposition does have full merit, infact I am thinking of doubling the amount myself. There is a saying, "Be careful of what you wish for" and yes, I do believe that saying whole heartedly.

back to topic
While reviewing the 360 yesterday for SPCA word, I remembered someone mentioned that the dog was breathing. Later even 1 of the YouTube clip was edited to show that the dog was breathing with accompanying TEXT! I remember that I had indicated the reason from a scientific perspective and did not pursue that further after that point. Hmmmm okay now lets role play for a while and assume that the case is being heard in the court of law.

Assumption : Case unknown vs DBKL

If the dog is claimed to be breathing, then it's correct to imply that its still alive, right?
Now, then how do you explain the act then when the noose was released from the dog, the head dropped to the ground like a ton of bricks?

I guess everyone here should be smart enough to decide now if the dog was indeed alive or dead, when the noose was released.

DIMB,
There are many kinds of people in this world. Yes, you are of a different kind, a kinder kind. However I do have to thank you for diffusing the situation back then.

Last edited by Jeffrey Read; 03-03-2009 at 01:00 PM.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:55 PM
PetFinder Moderator

Furkids,
sound great heard from you. Homeless animals have hope for kind person like you.
Great news to you too, you going nominate as "the best animal rescue by forumer" on Anniversary Petfinder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
DIMB, got third kind as well ... the TNR-ers and caregivers. Like June and some other forumers here ... I befriend, then catch/trap, spay/neuter, release back strays, provide caregiving to the colony in terms of food and medical attention when required and my pocket allows) on a regular schedule. All done sendirian berhad out of my own not very deep pocket (but somehow miraculously continues to get filled somewhat ).

Then I ask God to bless them and do what I cannot do further and to help them survive and protect them from danger.