Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens > Training & Behavioral Issues

Training & Behavioral Issues Does your cat have an attitude, or just simply refuses to listen to you? Share it with your peers here and learn more about a cat's behavior and training methods

Old 10-27-2009, 04:27 PM
PetFinder Buddy

croomaniac is on a distinguished road
Default Truth or Myth: Cat knows that they are dying and stay/ran away from its master(s)

Hi all..

I don't know if this happens only to my cats (or cats which i know of) or it is just a coincidence..

My argument is: Cat knows exactly that he/she is dying/going to die and they stay away from it's master. This includes hiding, run away, or went something far - as long as not in front of it's master

Case 1: My cat (forgot her name) when I was standard 5 - halau her newly born kittens to fed on her milk and the next thing I remember was that she died (not in the house obviously). I do think that she knew that she is sick, and about to die, so she don't want to spread her illness to her kittens.

Case 2: My Ah-mot died at School (about 500m away) and we only discovered it after few days. No indication that she was beaten to death. She just died without any physical signs.

Case 3: My TT went missing - never came home. We knew that he was old and not in his glorious shape anymore but he never failed returning home for lunch/dinner.. If he is not there, we just shout TT! TT! and he will be there in no time.. TT body never being recovered, and he died at the age of 7/8 years mcm tu..

Case 4: My Akamaru - very active, complete love given by all of my housemates - died under our house's entrance drain - suspected poisoned by our neighbor who had just insecticide her lawn. We discovered him after few days also.

Case 5: Another friend of Akamaru - Bulat, was also dying of the poison. We tried so hard to keep him alive but failed. He tried all his might to hide under the sofa, and will crawl outside the house if the sliding door is opened. We found him dead next to our house not long afterwards.

Case 6: Dinosour. She had just failed on delivering her babies. She was ok (physically) but we never knew inside out. She went missing - and we tried so hard to try to find her but failed. Next thing we know is that she died hiding under a bed, in a room where no one really goes there. And yes, she have all her time in this would to get out from the room - the room is very much accessible for cats though it is always being shut closed.

Case 7: Debab. This happened very much recently. At first she refused to eat like normal. My sister in law don't know what to do or what actually is happening to her. She never fell sick. Then after few days she went missing. 2 days after that she found her dead near a tree few blocks away. She was very devastated by her loss, moreover the last night Debab was still alive, Debab went to bed with her.. Maybe Debab knew that it would be the last night they would be together..

So sorry if this may bring some sad moments to some of you, but I want some input whether my encounter is only a coincidence or else..

p/s: this exclude cats which being hit by the roadside or others which is sudden death.

Thanks for reading, and sorry. I just curious..
Old 10-27-2009, 04:38 PM
PetFinder Buddy

hakeem is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Truth or Myth: Cat knows that they are dying and stay/ran away from its master(s)

true and i agree with u...diorg mmg tahu that is why they stay away from us...sbb diorg tak nak kita sedih bila tgk keadaan diorg nanti..tapi kalau yg indoor cats tu..tak tau la plak...huhuuh....
Old 10-27-2009, 04:40 PM
PetFinder Buddy

venez is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to venez
Default Re: Truth or Myth: Cat knows that they are dying and stay/ran away from its master(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by croomaniac View Post
Hi all..

I don't know if this happens only to my cats (or cats which i know of) or it is just a coincidence..

My argument is: Cat knows exactly that he/she is dying/going to die and they stay away from it's master. This includes hiding, run away, or went something far - as long as not in front of it's master

Case 1: My cat (forgot her name) when I was standard 5 - halau her newly born kittens to fed on her milk and the next thing I remember was that she died (not in the house obviously). I do think that she knew that she is sick, and about to die, so she don't want to spread her illness to her kittens.

Case 2: My Ah-mot died at School (about 500m away) and we only discovered it after few days. No indication that she was beaten to death. She just died without any physical signs.

Case 3: My TT went missing - never came home. We knew that he was old and not in his glorious shape anymore but he never failed returning home for lunch/dinner.. If he is not there, we just shout TT! TT! and he will be there in no time.. TT body never being recovered, and he died at the age of 7/8 years mcm tu..

Case 4: My Akamaru - very active, complete love given by all of my housemates - died under our house's entrance drain - suspected poisoned by our neighbor who had just insecticide her lawn. We discovered him after few days also.

Case 5: Another friend of Akamaru - Bulat, was also dying of the poison. We tried so hard to keep him alive but failed. He tried all his might to hide under the sofa, and will crawl outside the house if the sliding door is opened. We found him dead next to our house not long afterwards.

Case 6: Dinosour. She had just failed on delivering her babies. She was ok (physically) but we never knew inside out. She went missing - and we tried so hard to try to find her but failed. Next thing we know is that she died hiding under a bed, in a room where no one really goes there. And yes, she have all her time in this would to get out from the room - the room is very much accessible for cats though it is always being shut closed.

Case 7: Debab. This happened very much recently. At first she refused to eat like normal. My sister in law don't know what to do or what actually is happening to her. She never fell sick. Then after few days she went missing. 2 days after that she found her dead near a tree few blocks away. She was very devastated by her loss, moreover the last night Debab was still alive, Debab went to bed with her.. Maybe Debab knew that it would be the last night they would be together..

So sorry if this may bring some sad moments to some of you, but I want some input whether my encounter is only a coincidence or else..

p/s: this exclude cats which being hit by the roadside or others which is sudden death.

Thanks for reading, and sorry. I just curious..
i encounter with this matter once when my cat died... old folk said that our cat didn't want us to be sad when we saw they dying (coz they stay with us for quite long time), thats why they will run away when their know the time will come... maybe people will say it just a coincidence but for me i think some of it are true...
Old 10-27-2009, 05:25 PM
***feline guardian***

kingmaliQue is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to kingmaliQue

As much as dis is said to be a myth...i've always believe its true. I've had like 30++ cats since i was 5...except those who died bcoz of visible illness or accidents...the rest sumer 'bawak diri' tah kemana...most r found lifeless...some just dissapeared

Da 1 i remembered most was my Kumbang...she's a british long hair...12 years old n x penah keluar rumah...even postman deliver surat pon dia menyorok bawah katil takut dgr bunyi motor. Then 1 day she went missing...evry1 searched for her n found her sneaking in the bushes sumwhere at my neighbour's backyard. We managed to catch her at that time...only for her to ran away again. D 2nd time we went for her...we found her lying lifeless at the 'surau' which was like 200mtres away
Old 10-27-2009, 07:00 PM
PetFinder Buddy

To much of our dismay, I would say that this is kinda true.. cats and human i would say that live very close, they can notice that we are sad, and they can know when we are mad, happy, tired and so on.. i don't think theres an explanation of these..

I can also say that my cats were also in grief the day my nenek passed away, and the day my atuk passed away too.. seems like they knew what was happening inside the house..
Old 10-28-2009, 12:21 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

Kawan-kawan, it is natural animal instinct, not only for cats to hide and protect itself from predators if they are injured or sick because in the animal kingdom, the predators scan for an easier kill for food in order to conserve their own energy. It is not because they do not want to see us sad or anything ... that is just us humans humanising them and it is not true.

That is why the moment I see any of my kids not well, I instantly kurung them so that I will not have to go searching for them because they will hide. This way I can make certain that I can feed them and give them the medication they need as well as monitor their condition all the time until they are well again.

Good luck!
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 10-30-2009, 09:57 AM
PetFinder Buddy

Oh, then this is the fact i must say

Good to know that you can notice the behavioral difference in your cat. In most of my case, I just couldn't notice it.. They act strangely normal, then just vanish out of the thin air.. yes, they are all roamed free, not a 100% indoor cat..

I once went to a vet and she explained that cats have great antibody/resistance against sick/fever.. In a case you see them unwell, then surely it is truly sick - which is more than the fever we always have.. i must say demam panas instead of demam biasa.. because cat will act like normal if they are demam, as in nature, they will have to feed themselves or their family no matter demam or tak..
Old 10-30-2009, 04:26 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

In the animal kingdom, the injured and sick animal must pretend that they are not so that they will not be spotted by the predators which stalks and strikes the weak and injured animals as well as the young because they are easier to kill and the risk and danger from them fighting back is low.

That is why the cat even though sick will act like it is well and healthy until the point when it is so very sick it does not have anymore strength to pretend and so it will try to hide in some hidden place away from perceived danger, not because it does not want you to feel sad.

And by the time you notice your cat is sick, it is actually already very, very sick and often near death. That is why it is so important for cat owners to monitor their cats very carefully so that you are aware as early as possible that your cat is sick in order that it can be treated and will not die.
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 11-03-2009, 01:05 AM
Animal Lover

izual89 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to izual89

I blieve its the truth..
Encountered with few of my adopted cats too..
Old 11-03-2009, 04:14 AM
Animal Lover

naj1812 is on a distinguished road

for me its true..
coz it not only happen to me before but also to my friends.. ^^''
Old 11-03-2009, 08:02 AM
saanggaaatt suke MeOwww!

habidaiya is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to habidaiya Send a message via Skype™ to habidaiya

daiya rase betul..same goes to my beloved "Abu"...
miss him so much...my Abu lay beside n stare me, then the next day..
he never come home again...
Old 11-06-2009, 08:33 PM
PetFinder Guru

CikLola is on a distinguished road

olaa all..neh nk share pengaLaman lola..

last week 5ekor kucing lola mati..2ekor mati dpn mata n bawah jagaan lola..lola x sanggup Tgk..sdey Sgt3..n the other 3..lola jaga doWang..n Lola said..to them..if nk maTi..maTI la jauH3..akAk(gelaran Diri tuk doWang) x sanGgup Tgk..sbb mmg xdpt tRima laa...hanya Allah jew tau time tuh peRasaan cm ner..the next day..kucing3 maTi sume DLm pagar Jiran..n my Dad trus tanam x tnjuk kaT Lola..tkt lola lemah sgT3..tp itu la rialitinya..
die tSgt paham yg kt x sanGGup tgk die maTi..
mmg benGKak la maTa kn..sbb trinGat jek kat doWang..uWaaa..

da lasT one..ri rabu br2 neh..maTi dlm peluKan..time tuh die tgk jek Lola..so sad sgt3 laa..cOs dowang neh cm sbhagian Dr Diri Kt..