Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens

Cats & Kittens General information and discussions on taking care of your feline buddy

Old 12-07-2013, 11:56 AM
Animal Lover

yanny is on a distinguished road
Default [need serious help] Sporo cat

Hi,(im sorry if i'm posting this on the wrong thread)

Its very urgent, I'm living in subang and i've been taking care of my sporo-ed cat for about a year now, at first, he's been doing well, until i made a huge mistake of letting him out after his medication(and then the docs told me "WHY WOULD YOU LET HIM OUT" well no one told me) and now til this day, its very difficult to get rid of his illness. His condition is worsening(the outlook of it, but eating fine). I sent my cat to the vet in PJ. They couldnt take my cat in because theres no room anymore for my cat. And I have to wait for a month to see whether my cat improves or not, sadly no.

I really need a vet that can treat my ill cat, i hate seeing him like this. Please help urgently. I'm working full time and looking after my sick cat hurts me as sometimes i dont have the time to tend to him(but i do give him his medication), and I live with my parents, and i'm solely taking care of him.

Please help me, any vet i can send to? thank you.
((i dont want to post photos because his condition is bad and it hurts me alot also, i might get hate messages. Ive tried my very best to treat him and I dont want to put him down that soon cuz the doc told me if he's still eating theres still hope))

Last edited by yanny; 12-07-2013 at 12:01 PM.
Old 12-07-2013, 01:29 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road
Default Re: [need serious help] Sporo cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanny View Post
Hi,(im sorry if i'm posting this on the wrong thread)

Its very urgent, I'm living in subang and i've been taking care of my sporo-ed cat for about a year now, at first, he's been doing well, until i made a huge mistake of letting him out after his medication(and then the docs told me "WHY WOULD YOU LET HIM OUT" well no one told me) and now til this day, its very difficult to get rid of his illness. His condition is worsening(the outlook of it, but eating fine). I sent my cat to the vet in PJ. They couldnt take my cat in because theres no room anymore for my cat. And I have to wait for a month to see whether my cat improves or not, sadly no.

I really need a vet that can treat my ill cat, i hate seeing him like this. Please help urgently. I'm working full time and looking after my sick cat hurts me as sometimes i dont have the time to tend to him(but i do give him his medication), and I live with my parents, and i'm solely taking care of him.

Please help me, any vet i can send to? thank you.
((i dont want to post photos because his condition is bad and it hurts me alot also, i might get hate messages. Ive tried my very best to treat him and I dont want to put him down that soon cuz the doc told me if he's still eating theres still hope))

Hi Yanny --

I think you now understand how very dangerous sporo is. It's highly contagious. I genuinely appreciate that you're making every effort to help your cat survive it, but you also need to understand the risks of infection.

I beg you, DO NOT LET YOUR CAT OUT OF YOUR HOUSE. He will infect other cats in your area, and this suffering will spread. Please also understand that few vet clinics will be able to board your cat, because they don't have the facilities to keep him or her adequately quarantined. Also, clinics are, not surprisingly, full of sick animals, so that poses a further risk to your cat, whose immune system is already overtaxed.

My advice would be to go through the Petfinder vet list and start calling. Explain your situation honestly, and see if any of the vets suggest a treatment plan. http://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=5973

I do know of people who have managed to save cats infected with sporo. Not many, but a few. It takes a long time, and persistence with the medication, and absolute quarantine.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:12 PM
Animal Lover

ashlycat is on a distinguished road

what food your cat feeding on?

most of the time, weak cat or sick cat get well with raw feeding(barf) and vitamin as well, some cat do not get well even keep under medicine months and months, but they get well with better food.

you could start with lightly steam chicken breast everyday/night, i just get the room temperature chicken slice through boil water.
or blend raw chicken with bone, and should get fresh chicken early morning from market, spend time prepare food in 2 hours, and could keep in freezer for a week/2 weeks
Old 12-13-2013, 05:22 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road

Yanny, I notice that Dr. Chan Kah Yein posted this entry on her blog post today -- it's written by a visiting Thai professor, Dr. Veeranoot, who has managed to save a cat afflicted with sporo. She mentions a number of medications and clinics in the post. Maybe the information can help you, as well.

http://myanimalcare.org/2013/12/13/a...t-nissapatorn/