Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens

Cats & Kittens General information and discussions on taking care of your feline buddy

Old 02-06-2009, 06:10 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Introducing a new cat to a current cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Duchness, be xtra careful when u take cats from SPCA.send to the vet immedately after you adopt them. My friend took 2 cats from SPCA and both cats died of diesease (she didn't mentioned what diesease).Not to accuse SPCA not doing their job but maybe because too many cats in 1 area so dieseases spread very fast.
June, I agree! I've had such a mixed experience with the SPCA myself. The people who are working and volunteering there are doing the best they can, but as we all know, they are simply overwhelmed with too many stray and abandoned animals. And yes, there are dozens of cats in open areas, new ones coming, others leaving all the time. Diseases can spread easily and quickly, wiping out the whole population. So they'll clean up the areas, and unfortunately, they'll be full again the next day.

Even when it came to the basic vaccinations, some SPCA staff said my cat had gotten the shots, and others said she had not. In any case, they couldn't give me a certificate, so my vet went on the assumption that she was un-vaccinated. The staff also said she had been spayed, and yet she went into heat some weeks later. Back to my vet we went. Hearing of your friend's experience, I thank heaven my Maneki is now alive and well, even if she is a furry terror!
Old 02-11-2009, 12:54 PM
Felis Wonder Crew Member

IcE-CooN is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to IcE-CooN

Quote:
Duchness, be xtra careful when u take cats from SPCA.send to the vet immedately after you adopt them. My friend took 2 cats from SPCA and both cats died of diesease (she didn't mentioned what diesease).Not to accuse SPCA not doing their job but maybe because too many cats in 1 area so dieseases spread very fast.
Yes I agree with you June, Well SPCA doesn't have all the funds and time to test all cats that go into their place. For example diseases like FIV & FELV will have a incubation period of 1 month so if you cat were contacted and it will take 1 month for them to show in the test kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuchessNin
ICe-Coon - you have 10 cats??!! green.. Greeen.... GREen... GREEEEEEEEEEEN..... WITH ENVY...!! GREEEEN..!! v
Well I have more then 10 actually... this is just a rough figure.. I believe is quite normal when you are a breeder.

[WhEn IcE MeLt InTo SiLveR ]......www.IcE-CooN.com
Old 02-13-2009, 11:02 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuchessNin View Post
FurKids, you cats are GORGEOUS!!! how many do u have??
Thanks, DuchessNin. They are all "rescues", each and every one of them, wrenched from their mommies at a very tender age wailing away in cold, fear and hunger and thrown in longkangs and garbage dumps to be eaten by dogs or crushed by garbage trucks along with the smelly, dirty rubbish!

How cruel we humans can be! Just look at those kids, how gorgeous and full of life they are, such bundles of joy and each given to us by God Himself for our benefit and stewardship and yet we humans betray that God-given responsibility given to us all as the more superior creation of God.

Oh, how many I have? Errrr ... ahemmmm ... shhhhhhh!!!!!! 2 oni ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B73CNM01.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	3386   Click image for larger version

Name:	B73CNM02.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	3387   Click image for larger version

Name:	B73CNM03.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	3388   Click image for larger version

Name:	B73CNM06.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	3389  
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 02-13-2009, 11:39 AM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

Oooooiiii...more like 20 lah....!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
Oh, how many I have? Errrr ... ahemmmm ... shhhhhhh!!!!!! 2 oni ...
Old 02-13-2009, 12:09 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
Oooooiiii...more like 20 lah....!!!!!
No laaa, where got ... me good law-abiding citizen one, DBKL says only 2 allowed, so I keep oni 2 la ... scared nanti kena tangkap and angkut pergi cekik mati and kalau masih tak mati-mati, dunk in water sampai mati lemas ....

Still very lurus, you nie Blackie ...
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 02-13-2009, 12:17 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Ooops, sorri, sorri...., maaf, maaf, dunno how to be bengkok yet.....belum jadi orang tua lagi.

Quote:
No laaa, where got ... me good law-abiding citizen one, DBKL says only 2 allowed, so I keep oni 2 la ... scared nanti kena tangkap and angkut pergi cekik mati and kalau masih tak mati-mati, dunk in water sampai mati lemas ....

Still very lurus, you nie Blackie ...
Old 02-13-2009, 02:20 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Ooops, sorri, sorri...., maaf, maaf, dunno how to be bengkok yet.....belum jadi orang tua lagi.
Don't wait till you jadi orang tua nyanyok (if hubby get Datukship, Blackie will be Datin, otherwise hubby will still be datuk and Blackie jadi nenek biasa by that time ... wakakakakaahhhhh!!!!) to learn, dear, learn fast while young and the mind is lazor sharp.

Time and tide waits for no man, that is why people target to be millionaires at 21 ... so that bila dah tua nyanyok and cannot think and innovate to compete in business anymore, can sit back, enjoy the well-invested millions (or billions) and simply spend time every day enjoying and playing with the cats ... play with cats no need to stress brain one ... heheheheehhhhh!!!
Old 02-13-2009, 02:32 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Introducing a new cat to a current cat

FK,Charlene don't to worry like us lor!! her hubby very rich man.she can goyang kaki & play with her cat everyday. people like us only work until we bengkok.

Me?? I plan in 10 yrs time I want to be Datin and goyang kaki at home playing with my Peterpan and the gang

Quote:
Don't wait till you jadi orang tua nyanyok (if hubby get Datukship, Blackie will be Datin, otherwise hubby will still be datuk and Blackie jadi nenek biasa by that time ... wakakakakaahhhhh!!!!) to learn, dear, learn fast while young and the mind is lazor sharp.

Time and tide waits for no man, that is why people target to be millionaires at 21 ... so that bila dah tua nyanyok and cannot think and innovate to compete in business anymore, can sit back, enjoy the well-invested millions (or billions) and simply spend time every day enjoying and playing with the cats ... play with cats no need to stress brain one ... heheheheehhhhh!!!
Old 02-13-2009, 02:45 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
FK,Charlene don't to worry like us lor!! her hubby very rich man.she can goyang kaki & play with her cat everyday. people like us only work until we bengkok.

Me?? I plan in 10 yrs time I want to be Datin and goyang kaki at home playing with my Peterpan and the gang
Eh, June, this is all women (tai-tai) talk ... remember this no guarantee:

1) Your spouse's wealth is not yours, kalau dia kahwin lagi, the wealth kena bahagikan dua, tiga atau empat, belum kira anak-anak lagi ... if he divorces you , lagi teruk!

2) Your parents' wealth also is not yours, kalau it is willed to you, fine, if all willed to charities (secretly or last minute, mana tahu?), also you will be penniless ...

3) If you have a marriage contract or your hubby loves you to madness and you have all his wealth in your name, well, fortunes can change to debts as business and investments fail.

What I am saying is: in cases like this, nothing is 100% sure. So, make sure the wealth is your own and make sure you are managing it well.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:46 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Ooooiiii....June! My hubby not rich la. he's just an ordinary "ta kong chai" (employee).

Furkids, don't listen to June. She'll probably be a Datin in 10 years time while I'll just grown into a nenek biasa gigi tinggal dua.

Quote:

Old 02-13-2009, 02:49 PM
Petfinder Moderator

AGREE! AGREE! *clap! clap*

But I have an advise for married women, June: hold your hubby's assets in your hand, even his ATM card, hahahaha!!!!

That way, you withdraw everything sebelum he divorce you or take another wife. And similarly, hold your parents' ATM cards, too.

Quote:
Eh, June, this is all women talk ... remember this no guarantee:

1) Your spouse's wealth is not yours, kalau dia kahwin lagi, the wealth kena bahagikan dua, tiga atau empat, belum kira anak-anak lagi ... if he divorces you , lagi teruk!

2) Your parents' wealth also is not yours, kalau it is willed to you, fine, if all willed to charities (secretly or last minute, mana tahu?), also you are a poor man ...

3) If you have a marriage contract or your hubby loves you to madness and you have all his wealth in your name, well, fortunes can change to debts as business and investments fail.

What I am saying is: in cases like this, nothing is 100% sure. So, make sure the wealth is your own and make sure you are managing it well.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:12 PM
Animal Lover

huhuhuhu!!Charlene so happy ah??

no worry,i have my own apartment,my own car and my own saving.If my husband buat kacau I can always kick him out from my apartment.hehehehe!! Anyway, I do believe we,women must have our own property and money just in case like what FK saidlah. However, I will not refuse the Datin title should my hubby got Datukship mah!

Sometimes with this title can help to get cable if you know what I mean. Then we can use this "big cable" for good cause ie animals dogs/cats.

Well, no harm on angan2 kosongkan?? heheheheh!!

Quote:
AGREE! AGREE! *clap! clap*

But I have an advise for married women, June: hold your hubby's assets in your hand, even his ATM card, hahahaha!!!!

That way, you withdraw everything sebelum he divorce you or take another wife. And similarly, hold your parents' ATM cards, too.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:28 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Unhappy New kid in the block ...

Yokay, Mat dan Minah-minah Jening, let us get back to topic ........

Hi, guys! I am Petey ... I am 2 months old and I am the new kid in the block ... I lost my Mwammy (bawwwwlllllll!!!!) and I am terribly scared, hungawy and lonely ...

Can I be your friend, please?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	B73PTE08.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	3401   Click image for larger version

Name:	B73PTE01.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	3402   Click image for larger version

Name:	B73PTE09.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	3403   Click image for larger version

Name:	B73PTE10.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	3404  
Old 02-13-2009, 03:31 PM
Animal Lover

Bro,this is your new kitten?? jumpa kat longkang juga??

cutenya tp kesianlah he lost his meowmmy. kecik2 lg dah kehilangan ibu.

Quote:
Yokay, Mat dan Minah-minah Jening, let us get back to topic ........

Hi, guys! I am Petey ... I am 2 months old and I am the new kid in the block ... I lost my Mwammy (bawwwwlllllll!!!!) and I am terribly scared, hungawy and lonely ...

Can I be your friend, please?
Old 02-13-2009, 03:32 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Default Sure, kid, welcome ...

Sure, little Boboy ...

Welcome ... we all lost our beloved Mwammy too ... you can play with us, we'll take good care of you ...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	B73NIKPTEGRC01.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	3405   Click image for larger version

Name:	B73NIKPTEGRCCNM01.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	3406  
Old 02-13-2009, 03:39 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Talking Let's play hide-and-seek ...

Let's play hide-and-seek and pretend we are the great tigers hunting deer in the tall grass of the savannah, kay?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	B73NIK02.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	3407   Click image for larger version

Name:	B73Hide01.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	3408  

Last edited by FurKids; 02-13-2009 at 04:01 PM.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:42 PM
.:: Baby, I dig you! ::.

Location: Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia, World of Animal Lurve...
BabyZee is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BabyZee

FK,why not create a new thread for your furkids?
i bet there are alot of nice pics to share with us..
Old 02-13-2009, 03:53 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyZee View Post
FK,why not create a new thread for your furkids?
i bet there are alot of nice pics to share with us..
I am just using pics to better communicate because a picture speaks a thousand words. For obvious reasons, showcasing my cats is not my intention, Zee. Also, better this way so that Blackie more feniang kefala ...

Besides, it's nice to cuci mata, rather than just reading boring text, Zee ... ngantuk sometimes ... anyway, pics are so easy to make, almost every one walks around with a camera these days.

Last edited by FurKids; 02-13-2009 at 04:03 PM.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:09 PM
.:: Baby, I dig you! ::.

Location: Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia, World of Animal Lurve...
BabyZee is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BabyZee

Quote:
I am just using pics to better communicate because a picture speaks a thousand words. For obvious reasons, showcasing my cats is not my intention, Zee.

Besides, it's nice to cuci mata, rather than just reading boring text, Zee ... ngantuk sometimes ... anyway, pics are so easy to make, almost every one walks around with a camera these days.

p.s. I want to make it more challenging for Blackie to do the counting ...
but i think at the old kampung i did saw a thread of photos of your furkids..
well, nevertheless it's up to you,new environment brings a new style maybe..lol..
anyway i don't think any of the forumers here are having their main intention of showcasing their lovely babies, it's just nice to share pics of your babies right..
well sharing is caring, a pics or two won't hurt anyone i guess,well that's for me but again we respect each other views..

owh,basically for me if i'm introducing new babies to my other kitties the main key is time,let them to have all the time to get to know each other and it may take up to a month..fuhh...
so don't give up if in a day or two they're like enemies, soon they'll be bestfriends or atleast don't have the urge to spank each other anymore..
huh?spank?wah...so kinky...
Old 02-13-2009, 04:10 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Quote:
huhuhuhu!!Charlene so happy ah??
hehe.....

Quote:
Sometimes with this title can help to get cable if you know what I mean. Then we can use this "big cable" for good cause ie animals dogs/cats.
Yup....Datin June will taruk them kaw-kaw.

Quote:
p.s. I want to make it more challenging for Blackie to do the counting ...
I knew it! I was already thinking of this when I read Zee's post....Furkids is afraid to reveal the number of his cats, and is trying to confuse us by attaching such small pictures so we can't really identify & differentiate one cat from another. I mean, those cats that have almost similar markings could be passed off as one instead of two.

Eh, Furkids, I'm more interested in trying to figure out where you live than the number of your cats.....why??? So that I can kidnap them! {grin