Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens > Health, Disease & Diet

Health, Disease & Diet Find out the best tips and practices on managing your cat's diet, health care, and issues with diseases from our community of animal lovers

Old 07-26-2012, 12:45 PM
Animal Lover

noraashekyn is on a distinguished road
Unhappy two kitten.someone please answer my question.

I am living with my friends and their kitten(Nicky) and my kitten(Luffy).
Nicky was rescued about one and half month ago. When they first rescue him, his poop contain blood and water, very weak and look like dying. Then we took it to vet. Vet give medicine for worm and poop. He become healthy and very active.

We live in hostel. before we become roomates, my friend live in 2nd floor. Nicky live at balcony secure with plastic and big box. Nicky had fall from the balcony twice.they feed him with friskis kitten, fried fish and porridge.

Then we move and live together at ground floor. however, we no longer leave him at balcony because at ground floor there are many big cat room around, we afraid, they eat him, beside, he now, potty trained. not long after that, i adopt a male kitten(Luffy) same size as Nicky, i found at cafeteria. they get along well. they were both eating friskis kitten, then we change to whiskas kitten. yesterday, we found Nicky urinate blood but he still active as usual.

i wonder why is that happen. I check his teeth, i assume he is only about 2month, could he got urinary track problem? is it because of friskis or whiskas? or because of food changes?but luffy just fine. is it because Nicky fall from 2nd floor twice?
when i compare him with luffy, his genital organ is little bit small and less obvious, and at first time they found him, they thought he is female.
his fur very short and thin, we almost can see his skin, is this also or disease or he just too small or his fur just too short?
luffy got medium and smooth hair, but doesnt really good in eating the friskis on the first week, he even puke it back. i wonder which of them is younger.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:43 PM
PetFinder Guru

Felix The Cat is on a distinguished road
Default Re: two kitten.someone please answer my question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noraashekyn View Post
I am living with my friends and their kitten(Nicky) and my kitten(Luffy).
Nicky was rescued about one and half month ago. When they first rescue him, his poop contain blood and water, very weak and look like dying. Then we took it to vet. Vet give medicine for worm and poop. He become healthy and very active.

We live in hostel. before we become roomates, my friend live in 2nd floor. Nicky live at balcony secure with plastic and big box. Nicky had fall from the balcony twice.they feed him with friskis kitten, fried fish and porridge.

Then we move and live together at ground floor. however, we no longer leave him at balcony because at ground floor there are many big cat room around, we afraid, they eat him, beside, he now, potty trained. not long after that, i adopt a male kitten(Luffy) same size as Nicky, i found at cafeteria. they get along well. they were both eating friskis kitten, then we change to whiskas kitten. yesterday, we found Nicky urinate blood but he still active as usual.

i wonder why is that happen. I check his teeth, i assume he is only about 2month, could he got urinary track problem? is it because of friskis or whiskas? or because of food changes?but luffy just fine. is it because Nicky fall from 2nd floor twice?
when i compare him with luffy, his genital organ is little bit small and less obvious, and at first time they found him, they thought he is female.
his fur very short and thin, we almost can see his skin, is this also or disease or he just too small or his fur just too short?
luffy got medium and smooth hair, but doesnt really good in eating the friskis on the first week, he even puke it back. i wonder which of them is younger.
Please bring your cat to the vet for a check up. Only the vet can tell you what is wrong with your cat.

Secondly, cat food purchased at the supermarket is not advisable for your cat. Please have a look at the ingredients used. Ingredients containing by products and corn, wheat or soy is not good for the cat. There are many good and affordable cat food out there. Since they are still kittens, they will need to be fed with kitten food.

Felix The Cat - Dee wonderful wonderful cat!
http://felixthecats.weebly.com
http://livinginmyworld-phyllis.blogspot.com/
Old 07-26-2012, 03:49 PM
PetFinder Guru

jouhari is on a distinguished road

1. put nets around where cats can fall off.

2. get em to the vet. ( might not cost as high as you think ) you can ask the vet for quotes first if you are worried. i was a student too ;)

3. doa

4. good luck
Old 07-26-2012, 09:07 PM
Animal Lover

ashlycat is on a distinguished road

you could bring them to jabatan veterinar kerajaan, no consultant fees, charge you on medicine only
Old 07-27-2012, 02:14 PM
Animal Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix The Cat View Post
Please bring your cat to the vet for a check up. Only the vet can tell you what is wrong with your cat.

Secondly, cat food purchased at the supermarket is not advisable for your cat. Please have a look at the ingredients used. Ingredients containing by products and corn, wheat or soy is not good for the cat. There are many good and affordable cat food out there. Since they are still kittens, they will need to be fed with kitten food.
i understand that supermarket cat food is not really good for cat. however, its kind of hard to get cheaper good cat food. Blackwood for example, petshop always sell it 3kg rm50+-. i found this website which sell blackwood sharing basis in jb, however, they only take order once per month and get it next month and mostly are for adult. we just take the cat in and doesnt not have any cat food ready, so supermarket is the easiest and fastest we can get. i know u also selling blackwood sharing basis, but u require us to find our own partner. we do not know anybody else near us that have kitten and care about their kitten. i really want to feed them with good food if i have choice.
Old 07-27-2012, 02:23 PM
Animal Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by jouhari View Post
1. put nets around where cats can fall off.

2. get em to the vet. ( might not cost as high as you think ) you can ask the vet for quotes first if you are worried. i was a student too ;)

3. doa

4. good luck
first time we take Nicky to vet we charged Rm30 for his worm and poop medicine. actually, that time we just asking for check up about what wrong with him, because we afraid we could not afford it as we are on tight budget, but the doctor doesn't even tell us first about the charge, luckily that time, we go together and share our money to pay it.
Old 07-27-2012, 02:23 PM
Animal Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlycat View Post
you could bring them to jabatan veterinar kerajaan, no consultant fees, charge you on medicine only
where can i find it in johor?
Old 07-27-2012, 02:37 PM
PetFinder Guru

Felix The Cat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by noraashekyn View Post
i understand that supermarket cat food is not really good for cat. however, its kind of hard to get cheaper good cat food. Blackwood for example, petshop always sell it 3kg rm50+-. i found this website which sell blackwood sharing basis in jb, however, they only take order once per month and get it next month and mostly are for adult. we just take the cat in and doesnt not have any cat food ready, so supermarket is the easiest and fastest we can get. i know u also selling blackwood sharing basis, but u require us to find our own partner. we do not know anybody else near us that have kitten and care about their kitten. i really want to feed them with good food if i have choice.
Yes, I understand that. Sometimes different parts of the state its quite difficult to get good cat food especially if you are staying in the rural area. Anyway, I am selling Blackwood on sharing basis also. Price for kitten is RM12.50 per kg. What I suggest is if the order is on a one month basis, you could perhaps order more in that way you have enough stock to last you until the next order. That is what we all are doing

Felix The Cat - Dee wonderful wonderful cat!
http://felixthecats.weebly.com
http://livinginmyworld-phyllis.blogspot.com/