Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Latest News & Happenings > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself to our fun community and meet some new friends here!

Old 05-15-2008, 04:36 AM
Animal Lover

bunny wabbit is on a distinguished road
Default Hello!

Hello everyone,

I'm Sonia. I'm new here. I'm 21 this year and i have been keeping dogs my entire life. I am an only child so i grew up with animals. Parents were always very busy. So the only companions i had were my dogs. I've had two German Shepherds, a Shih Tzu and a Rottweiler in the past. Three of them died of old age and we lost another one to liver failure. All very beautiful companions.

About three months ago, my boyfriend and i bought one of the most majestic breeds, a Siberian Husky. We have been wanting to keep a dog for a very long time but we could not decide on which breed. So we went on with our research and decided on a Sibe. It is true when they say this breed is not for everyone. We were having a pretty hard time with our baby Demon in the beginning, but now i cant imagine life without him. He is one of the most loving dogs. Very mischiveous yet affectionate. I also have a kitty cat which i adopted from Pet Epicure. She's a beautiful tabby that goes by the name of Melrose.

I'm thinking of adding another doggie to my fur family. Maybe you guys can help me out? Thanks a bunch!
Old 05-15-2008, 11:24 AM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hello!

Sonia,
Thank you for found us!welcome!

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.
Old 05-15-2008, 01:03 PM
PetFinder Guru

somebunny is on a distinguished road

a husky! thats one of the breeds i'll be getting if and when i move into landed property! they're really gorgeous, and i just love their eyes!

Why or how did Demon give you a hard time in the beginning?
Old 05-15-2008, 06:40 PM
Founder, PetFinder.my

AndyKoh has disabled reputation

Hi Sonia,

Welcome to PetFinder! I'm the only child too, so I truly understand what a great relief and nice company dogs can give to you =)

I like huskies too, they look so smart and alert hehe... Does Demon go to war with Melrose?

What sort of doggy are you looking for now, any particular age or breed? There are many adorable adult dogs here that you can consider.

Oh, and don't forget to share some nice pics of your pets with us - just create the pet profiles in your PetFinder account!
Old 05-16-2008, 12:54 AM
Animal Lover

Hello dog is my buddy, somebunny and Andy!

Thank you all so much for such a warm welcome.

somebunny, Huskies are gorgeous companions! My baby Demon was a handful in the beginning. Sibes are well known for being stubborn. We had to be stern with him or he would not listen. He had a mild habit of furniture biting and digging. He was also quite destructive in the beginning. If we left the house for a while to grab food or get groceries, we would come back to a house filled with bitten toilet rolls and newspaper. Hehe. But now he has mellowed down a lot. He's growing up to be a very well-mannered boy.

Andy, Melrose and Demon were not good friends in the beginning. Demon is very playful and when he gets too friendly and playful with Melrose, she gets a tad bit irritated. There were tons of raised hair and hissing in the beginning, oh.. and a few slaps here and there. But now they're great together! They play together and sometimes, if we're lucky enough, we can catch them napping together. Cutest thing ever!

About the doggy, Andy. I'm looking for a small breed. I dont have a specific breed and age doesn't matter at all. I would love to adopt an adult doggy from here. We're moving to a bigger house in less than a month and we'll have ample space there for our fur family. And that's also one of the reasons why we're deciding on another addition to our family!

Thanks guys.
Have a wonderful day ahead!

Last edited by bunny wabbit; 05-16-2008 at 12:57 AM.
Old 05-16-2008, 02:28 PM
PetFinder Guru

torn up toilet paper & newspaper.. sounds like my rabbits too haha never ever leave any paper anywhere near a bunny! my novels have missing edges, my bills are torn (that's a good thing actually haha bye bye credit card bills!), if a toilet roll falls onto the ground, thats it, the living room will be toilet paper-ed...

anyway, glad that Demon is becoming less of a demon :p do show us a picture of him!
Old 05-16-2008, 10:43 PM
Animal Lover

Oh yes, somebunny. He lives up perfectly to his name! He's behaving himself more these days. But he gets really anxious whenever i leave a room. And when i'm not in view, he begins to whine and howl. I've read about separation anxiety. Could it be?

And by the way, your bunnies are gorgeous. They look so cuddly!
Old 05-17-2008, 05:41 AM
CEO, EzerNET

Ezer has disabled reputation

Hey Bunny Wabbit... nice name!!

Interestingly I have a Rottweiller too... his name is Shadow and he's just the bestest dog ever!!

And I truly hope you'll adopt a pet at PetFinder...

and... welcome....
Old 05-19-2008, 01:34 AM
PetFinder Guru

veanne is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to veanne

hmm... never have a rottweiller before... but being chased by rottweiller before... haha... really a nice experience... haha
Old 05-19-2008, 06:38 PM
Animal Lover

Hey there Ezer and veanne!

Rottweilers are gorgeous companions. They're extremely protective of their family. My Cheetah was one of the best dogs i've ever owned. Very, very "manja"!

I really do miss her a lot. We lost her to old age. She lived up to 14 years! I will definitely get a Rottweiler if i get a landed property in the future.

Ezer, i bet Shadow is one beautiful dog. Lucky you!

veanne, nice experience getting chased by a Rotty huh? Hehe. Thank goodness you're alright!
Old 05-20-2008, 01:45 AM
PetFinder Guru

haha... ya... nice experience... that was when im 9 years old... im cycling... then being chased by a rotty... dunno why aa... no matter how fast i cycle, the rotty can catch up... the rotty is really a fast runner... or maybe, no matter how fast i cycle, im still very slow...

all i know is keep on crying and screaming for help while cycling... but then the rotty is like... attacking me... then i fell off the bike... luckily the owner come to safe me... just minor injury...
Old 05-20-2008, 03:49 PM
Animal Lover

Oh my God! Sounds very traumatising, veanne.
Luckily the owner came on time! Are you still afraid of Rottweilers now?

From my experience, Rottweilers are actually great dogs to their owners and family. Not very much into being friendly to strangers, unlike my baby Demon. He greets everyone like they're a long lost friend!
Old 05-21-2008, 03:46 PM
PetFinder Guru

lol, what a social butterfly demon is! I just saw his pic, he's one good looking fella! ;)
Old 05-21-2008, 04:43 PM
Animal Lover

Thanks somebunny!
Old 05-22-2008, 05:39 PM
PetFinder Guru

haha... im not sure whether im afraid of rotty or not... most of my fren are having a small or medium size dogs... didn't have a chance to interact with a rotty... haha... but for sure im afraid of those dogs that attack me... haha... i think the first thing that i will do is cry... haha...