Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens

Cats & Kittens General information and discussions on taking care of your feline buddy

Old 10-10-2008, 05:17 PM
Banned

ashleywong is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Glorious Tabby A Tribute to Tabby Cats in all Their Manifestations

are all tabbies "kotak monster"?

oooh, your "Kotak monster" is so adorable

my own cats are "kotak monster" wannabes..but my sis said they're too messy and threw out all their boxes!
Old 10-13-2008, 09:23 AM
PetFinder Guru

lynielime is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Glorious Tabby A Tribute to Tabby Cats in all Their Manifestations

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleywong View Post

my own cats are "kotak monster" wannabes..but my sis said they're too messy and threw out all their boxes!
oh yes i think all tabbies are kotak monsters!! in fact i think ALL CATS are kotak monsters.. ever get the feeling that when you buy your cats new toys, they prefer the packaging? a big sturdy box beats the coolest toys any day!!
Old 10-13-2008, 09:29 AM
Banned

yeah,you're right actually.

actually, the first thing my cats inspect are the boxes and packaging, even our shopping bags. they would give the toys a cursory glance while we beamed and smiled in anticipation. then they trotted over to give the boxes and pieces of packaging a more interested look with that gleam in their eyes.

they seemed to prefer the "discardable", "recyclable" packaging than the expensive toy.

why do we bother right? well, i think we're all "suckers" :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynielime View Post
oh yes i think all tabbies are kotak monsters!! in fact i think ALL CATS are kotak monsters.. ever get the feeling that when you buy your cats new toys, they prefer the packaging? a big sturdy box beats the coolest toys any day!!
Old 10-13-2008, 03:09 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road
Cool The Episode of The Infamous Kotak Monster

Quote:

Oh, what a shame! Tak pe la, Ashley, you can easily sweep up and discard them later ... the amount of fun and joy those kids get out of the boxes is priceless ... they love the tunnels, hide & seek, imaginary hidden treasures and stalking/pouncing/ambush/hunting/predatory games, not to mention so-goooooooood Dracula claw scratches and delicious Vampire bites .....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B65JRM02.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	1312   Click image for larger version

Name:	B65JRM04.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	1313   Click image for larger version

Name:	B65JRM06.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	1314   Click image for larger version

Name:	B65JRM07.jpg
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	1315   Click image for larger version

Name:	B65JRM09.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	1316  

Name:	B65JRM10.jpg
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	1317   Click image for larger version

Name:	B65JRM11.jpg
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	1318   Click image for larger version

Name:	B65JRM12.jpg
Views:	88
ID:	1319   Click image for larger version

Name:	B65JRM13.jpg
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	1320   Click image for larger version

Name:	B65JRM14.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	1321  

"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 10-13-2008, 03:15 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Thumbs up Yahoo!!! The Kotak Monster Reigns ...

Yahoo!!! The Kotak Monster Reigns ...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	B65JRM15.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	1322   Click image for larger version

Name:	B65JRM16.jpg
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	1323   Click image for larger version

Name:	B65JRM17.jpg
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	1324   Click image for larger version

Name:	B65JRM18.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	1325   Click image for larger version

Name:	B65JRM19.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	1326  

Name:	B65JRM20.jpg
Views:	98
ID:	1327   Click image for larger version

Name:	B65JRM25.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	1328   Click image for larger version

Name:	B65JRM22.jpg
Views:	83
ID:	1329   Click image for larger version

Name:	B65JRM23.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	1330   Click image for larger version

Name:	B65JRM24.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	1331  

"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 10-13-2008, 03:22 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Cool Tabbies have a large fan club ...

Tabbies have a large fan club ...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	B47JRM16.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	1332   Click image for larger version

Name:	B64KIM07.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	1333   Click image for larger version

Name:	B64MAG01.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	1334   Click image for larger version

Name:	B64KIM01.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	1335   Click image for larger version

Name:	B64KIM06.jpg
Views:	100
ID:	1336  

Name:	B64GNR07.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	1337   Click image for larger version

Name:	B64GNR01.jpg
ID:	1338   Click image for larger version

Name:	B64GNR06.jpg
ID:	1339   Click image for larger version

Name:	B64SLEEP01.jpg
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	1340   Click image for larger version

Name:	B64SLEEP02.jpg
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	1341  

Old 10-13-2008, 03:35 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Cool ... and they have tons of fun ...

... and they have tons of fun ... my tongue is hanging out from watching them!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	B65MDY01.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	1342   Click image for larger version

Name:	B65MDY02.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	1343   Click image for larger version

Name:	B67GNR03.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	1344   Click image for larger version

Name:	B67GNR04.jpg
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	1345   Click image for larger version

Name:	B67GNR05.jpg
ID:	1346  

Name:	B67GNR06.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	1347   Click image for larger version

Name:	B68KIM03.jpg
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	1348   Click image for larger version

Name:	B68KIM04.jpg
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	1349   Click image for larger version

Name:	B69MAG01.jpg
ID:	1350   Click image for larger version

Name:	B15Kiss.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	1351  

Old 10-13-2008, 03:44 PM
Banned

Default Re: The Episode of The Infamous Kotak Monster

hmm, if anna and nicky can read, they'll vote you to be their new owner!

my sis and i take turn to clean up, each time after i cleaned up,i'll open up some boxes for them to play with, i'd even cut out holes in the sides for them.

my sis cleans up next and she doesn't like the extra "rubbish" littering all over the house. i mean she doesn't scold them but scolds me but they understand all the same and since i don't want them to be sad or even scared, i decided not to use any more boxes. my poor cats

hmm, wait till my sis have kids, let see how she keep her house then

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
Oh, what a shame! Tak pe la, Ashley, you can easily sweep up and discard them later ... the amount of fun and joy those kids get out of the boxes is priceless ... they love the tunnels, hide & seek, imaginary hidden treasures and stalking/pouncing/ambush/hunting/predatory games, not to mention so-goooooooood Dracula claw scratches and delicious Vampire bites .....
Old 10-13-2008, 03:45 PM
Banned

Default Re: Yahoo!!! The Kotak Monster Reigns ...

yes, why do they do that? bite and tears the boxes to pieces? same for newspaper and any piece of paper whether it is a receipt or ringgit note. anny chewed up my receipt for my medical claim once!

Quote:
Yahoo!!! The Kotak Monster Reigns ...
Old 10-13-2008, 04:16 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
hmm, if anna and nicky can read, they'll vote you to be their new owner!
Hehehehhhh!!! If I live down the block from you, they will run away from home ... or maybe just disappear to my house for no-holds barred fun and games and then return home for just dinner and dash back again ... cats are smart ... wakakakakkaaaaa!!!
Quote:
yes, why do they do that? bite and tears the boxes to pieces? same for newspaper and any piece of paper whether it is a receipt or ringgit note. anny chewed up my receipt for my medical claim once! }
I think they just like things light, make some noise, can have a go and scratch/tear ( can be your furniture if you are unlucky and didn't teach them to recognise that as a no-no!).

They love plastic bags too, but I have trained them off because of the potential danger and also I do not want them going for garbage bags.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:17 PM
PetFinder Guru

Default Re: Yahoo!!! The Kotak Monster Reigns ...

Quote:
yes, why do they do that? bite and tears the boxes to pieces? same for newspaper and any piece of paper whether it is a receipt or ringgit note. anny chewed up my receipt for my medical claim once!
because its yummayyyyyy... i think there's a satisfying sound and feel to it.. i also think they are letting out all their natural pent-up predatory instincts. my cats are indoor so they need to LET GO and GO CRRRAZYYYYY sometimes. try it! you might like it
Old 10-13-2008, 04:57 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
They love plastic bags too, but I have trained them off because of the potential danger and also I do not want them going for garbage bags.
yes you're right plastic bags are dangerous. oscar the grouch and i learned this the traumatizing way. we were in my old room at my parents' place. i had just returned home from shopping and was unpacking all my ill-gotten gains. plastic bags were scattered on the floor........

oscar (i must mention again that oscar is a girl), got curious and slowly crept into a plastic bag. her whole head and upper body was inside it, naturally it made a crinkling plastic sound. SHE WENT BERSERK!! the sound freaked her out sooooo badly that she tried to run away from it! but her head was inside the bag, so she just blindly ran around my room at top speed until finally, she ran THROUGH the bag and hid under my bed. poor girl. i think she had some bruises from running around when she was wearing the bag.. she hit some things. i am careful with bags now.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:01 PM
Banned

lnyx point because of their ear - the tip is furred..like the ear-tip of a lnyx.

i get it. at first i thought it was colouring and pattern marking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bareen View Post
They are not related to any wild cat. The mother is a pure persian lynx point classic tabby while the father is a black DLH.

In the US, Lynx Point refers as Tabby Point.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:04 PM
PetFinder Guru

Name:	20081007_31.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	133.2 KB
ID:	1359

Name:	20081007_33.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	1360

Name:	20081007_36 small.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	231.5 KB
ID:	1361
Old 10-13-2008, 05:20 PM
Banned

they are so beautiful. so beautiful!! so huggable too and so white! so clean!
Old 10-13-2008, 05:24 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
they are so beautiful. so beautiful!! so huggable too and so white! so clean!
the white one (oscar the grouch) still counts as a tabby right? she's got a stripey orange tabby tail.. and two marmalade blobs on her head..
Old 10-13-2008, 05:49 PM
Kucing Garong

Bareen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Bareen Send a message via Yahoo to Bareen Send a message via Skype™ to Bareen

Quote:
lnyx point because of their ear - the tip is furred..like the ear-tip of a lnyx.

i get it. at first i thought it was colouring and pattern marking.
When a siamese have patterns they are called lynx point, not because of the pointed fur on the tip of their ear.

What is a tabby? ( http://www.balinesen.ch/tabby.htm )

Tabby is the "natural wild colour pattern" (the original color) of domesticated cats. If your Siamese or Balinese cat has stripes on the head and legs, it is a "tabby". (In the United States "striped Balinese" are called lynx-pointed Javanese.)

All tabbies have thin pencil lines on the face, expressive markings around the eyes, and a tabby "M" on the forehead. The ears have a paler thumbprint in center, called "wild spot". The body shading may take form of ghost striping in adult cats. The nose leather is in adult cats light in the middle with a darker surrounding. If you look up close at the light parts of a tabby's points, you will see that the individual hairs are striped with alternating light and dark bands, like the fur of a rabbit or a squirrel. This banding is called "agouti."

The first tabby Siamese appeared already around 100 years ago. The pattern arose from unmeant matings between Siamese cats and domestic shorthairs. This is why this colour first was not accepted. However, after clean breed was proven over several generations, in 1966 Tabby-Points were accepted by the british Siamese Cat Club. Afterwards, step by step the other associations followed with their acceptance too.

Tabby patterns

There are four different tabby patterns:

A mackerel tabby has narrow stripes that run in parallel down its sides. This is what some people refer to as a "tiger." This is the most common tabby pattern.
A classic tabby cat has bold, swirling patterns on its sides like marble cake, often with a circular "bullseye" on the side, or a "butterfly" on the back. This color is also called "blotched tabby".
A spotted tabby has spots or rosettes of solid color, as on a leopard. Sometimes these are large spots, sometimes small spots, and sometimes they appear to be broken mackerel stripes.
A ticked tabby (sometimes called "Abyssinian tabby" or "agouti tabby") does not have stripes or spots on its body, the ticked hairs are found uniformly over the entire coat, giving a flecked or freckled appearance. However, like all tabbies, it has tabby markings on the face and agouti hairs on the body. This is the color of the Abyssinian cat, but it also appears in orientals.

Tabby colors

All Balinese colors exist also as tabby or tortie-tabby varieties (exept white). You can tell what color a tabby is by looking at the color of its stripes and its tail tip. The color of the agouti hairs (the "ground color") varies also, some cats may have a washed out grey ground color and others will have rich orange tones.

A seal tabby has black stripes on a brownish or grayish ground color. The black stripes may be coal black, or a little bit brownish.
A blue tabby has gray stripes on a grayish or buff ground color. The grey stripes may be a dark slate gray, or a lighter blue-gray.
A chocolate tabby has brown stripes on a cream ground color. The black stripes may be deap brown, or a little bit "caramel" brown.
A lilac tabby has light grey stripes on a pale grey ground color. These stripes look peach-colored rather than lilac.
A red tabby has orange stripes on a cream ground color. The orange stripes may be dark reddish orange, or light "marmalade" orange.
A cream tabby has cream or light orange stripes on a pale cream ground color. These stripes look sand-colored or "light orange"-colored.

Red- and creme-pointed Balinese often show tabby-pattern even if the cat is genetically a non-tabby.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:16 PM
Banned

see, according to bareen's latest article on tabby, your oscar still counts as tabby! :-)

how come i didn't see oscar the other day? i only saw coco and your black and white tabby, no oscar? was she hiding away? admittedly i was always rushed each time i came by so i didn't look left or right. something like tunneled-vision!

Quote:
the white one (oscar the grouch) still counts as a tabby right? she's got a stripey orange tabby tail.. and two marmalade blobs on her head..
Old 10-13-2008, 06:26 PM
Banned

Bareen my dear girl

You rock! And Tabby Rocks!

there, just what i suspected. our fabulous Domestic cats are all exotic cats- they do have these wonderful beautiful exotic genes.

bareen can i re-post your article under the thread on balinese and siamese cat which i put in this forum? the reason i put down those two articles are to show that our beloved Domestic cats do have those colour markings - that are used by pedigree judging - so our domestic more than make the grade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bareen View Post
When a siamese have patterns they are called lynx point, not because of the pointed fur on the tip of their ear.

What is a tabby? ( http://www.balinesen.ch/tabby.htm )

Tabby is the "natural wild colour pattern" (the original color) of domesticated cats. If your Siamese or Balinese cat has stripes on the head and legs, it is a "tabby". (In the United States "striped Balinese" are called lynx-pointed Javanese.)

All tabbies have thin pencil lines on the face, expressive markings around the eyes, and a tabby "M" on the forehead. The ears have a paler thumbprint in center, called "wild spot". The body shading may take form of ghost striping in adult cats. The nose leather is in adult cats light in the middle with a darker surrounding. If you look up close at the light parts of a tabby's points, you will see that the individual hairs are striped with alternating light and dark bands, like the fur of a rabbit or a squirrel. This banding is called "agouti."

The first tabby Siamese appeared already around 100 years ago. The pattern arose from unmeant matings between Siamese cats and domestic shorthairs. This is why this colour first was not accepted. However, after clean breed was proven over several generations, in 1966 Tabby-Points were accepted by the british Siamese Cat Club. Afterwards, step by step the other associations followed with their acceptance too.

Tabby patterns

There are four different tabby patterns:

A mackerel tabby has narrow stripes that run in parallel down its sides. This is what some people refer to as a "tiger." This is the most common tabby pattern.
A classic tabby cat has bold, swirling patterns on its sides like marble cake, often with a circular "bullseye" on the side, or a "butterfly" on the back. This color is also called "blotched tabby".
A spotted tabby has spots or rosettes of solid color, as on a leopard. Sometimes these are large spots, sometimes small spots, and sometimes they appear to be broken mackerel stripes.
A ticked tabby (sometimes called "Abyssinian tabby" or "agouti tabby") does not have stripes or spots on its body, the ticked hairs are found uniformly over the entire coat, giving a flecked or freckled appearance. However, like all tabbies, it has tabby markings on the face and agouti hairs on the body. This is the color of the Abyssinian cat, but it also appears in orientals.

Tabby colors

All Balinese colors exist also as tabby or tortie-tabby varieties (exept white). You can tell what color a tabby is by looking at the color of its stripes and its tail tip. The color of the agouti hairs (the "ground color") varies also, some cats may have a washed out grey ground color and others will have rich orange tones.

A seal tabby has black stripes on a brownish or grayish ground color. The black stripes may be coal black, or a little bit brownish.
A blue tabby has gray stripes on a grayish or buff ground color. The grey stripes may be a dark slate gray, or a lighter blue-gray.
A chocolate tabby has brown stripes on a cream ground color. The black stripes may be deap brown, or a little bit "caramel" brown.
A lilac tabby has light grey stripes on a pale grey ground color. These stripes look peach-colored rather than lilac.
A red tabby has orange stripes on a cream ground color. The orange stripes may be dark reddish orange, or light "marmalade" orange.
A cream tabby has cream or light orange stripes on a pale cream ground color. These stripes look sand-colored or "light orange"-colored.

Red- and creme-pointed Balinese often show tabby-pattern even if the cat is genetically a non-tabby.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:41 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
The faint tahi lalat above the lip buat rupa dia mcm Cindy Crawford sikit ...