Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Pet Welfare, Rescue & Adoption > General Discussion

General Discussion General information and discuss on animal rescue, adoption and advocacy

Old 07-17-2012, 05:59 PM
PetFinder Guru

melmel is on a distinguished road
Default Sabrina Yeap - FFF Founder Passed Away Today

RIP, Sabrina - Furry Friend Farm

Cortege leaving from Sg. Besi Nirvana Memorial to Shah Alam crematorium 20/07/2012 Friday 10am

Last edited by melmel; 07-18-2012 at 03:58 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:00 AM
PetFinder Guru

jouhari is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sabrina Yeap - FFF Founder Passed Away Today

RIP Sabrina. Didn't know who she was. Google it. I feel like I have to say something but not sure of what could I say. She sound like a very good compasionate person. My condolense to the family and friends.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:36 PM
PetFinder Guru

20 July 2012

KUALA LUMPUR: Hordes of people and more than a dozen dogs paid their last respects to animal rescuer Sabrina Yeap at the Nirvana Memorial Centre here yesterday.

The memorial centre's management decided to allow dogs to the wake because canines were very near and dear to the founder of animal sanctuary Furry Friends Farm (FFF).

The canines that were brought to the centre included two that were trained to be therapy dogs under FFF's Dr Dog programme.

The two dogs, Dr Kylie and Dr Samm, spent the entire morning at Yeap's wake.

Sad goodbye: Rover, aged four, which was adopted from FFF, paying his last respects to Yeap at the Nirvana Memorial Centre in Sungai Besi, Kuala Lumpur. The canine was named by Yeap.

Other dogs present were those adopted from FFF and other rescue groups, such as Malaysian Dogs Deserve Better (MDDB) and Garden of Eden (GOE), as well as pets that accompanied their owners.

Yeap died of leukaemia on Tuesday. She was 49.

According to FFF volunteer Wendy Goh, Dr Kylie was one of Yeap's favourites due to her calm demeanour.

The Dr Dog programme was special to Yeap and she took much pride in ensuring that the dogs went on to serve the elderly and special children as therapy dogs, said Goh.

She said the founder of the Dr Dog programme, Dr Jill Robinson, had given her blessings to continue the programme in Malaysia.

Among those who paid their last respects was independent rescuer Connie Foong, 56, who had helped Yeap during the Pulau Ketam dog dumping tragedy a few years ago.

Foong was among Yeap's core group of rescuers who had removed dogs that were dumped by Pulau Ketam residents on a nearby mangrove island.

Foong said it was unfair that Yeap had died at such a young age.

“She sacrificed her life for dogs and was a role model to all animal rescuers,” Foong said.

FFF spokesman Myza Nordin said that the dogs at the sanctuary were safe and in good hands.

She dismissed as unfounded vicious rumours that the dogs were now in a limbo.

“This is untrue and we hope that those who are spreading these rumours will stop immediately. Please show Sabrina some respect,” Myza said.

Yeap's funeral service will be at 10am at Parlour No 13 at the centre today.

The cortege will then leave for Nirvana Memorial Park, Shah Alam, for cremation.

Her ashes will be scattered in the sea at Port Klang tomorrow afternoon.

Yeap, an orphan, leaves behind 200 dogs, 150 cats, countless friends and admirers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sabrina.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	11569  
Old 07-23-2012, 11:10 AM
PetFinder Guru

21 July 2012 Sat

Sad Farewell for Sabrina Yeap

SHAH ALAM: Renowned animal rescuer Sabrina Yeap was taken on her final journey to the Nirvana Memorial Park accompanied by two of her most favourite rescued dogs shih tzu Meow Meow and Pulau Ketam hero mixed-breed dog Kuning.

Kuning was among the 400 dogs dumped by Pulau Ketam residents on a mangrove island in 2009.

The dog had swam out to a nearby fishing pontoon and started helping Furry Friends Farm (FFF) rescuers to lure dogs out of the swampy island.

A team of therapy dogs, which were trained under FFF's Dr Dog programme, were also present at Yeap's cremation yesterday morning.

Loyal buddies: Yeap’s friends and furry pals gathering in front of her cortege before leaving for the cremation.

Yeap's ashes were later scattered in the sea off Port Klang.

One of FFF's international volunteers John Landon, who flew in from Melbourne, Australia, to attend the funeral, broke down in tears as he spoke about Yeap, who died of leukaemia on Tuesday.

“She was the hardest working person I have ever known and I never imagined that this would happen to her.

“She had also done a lot of nice things for me and I will miss her very much,” added Landon, who will remain here for a few weeks to help oversee FFF operations.

Malaysian Dogs Deserve Better (MDDB) rescue coordinator Irene Low said her organisation would always be grateful to Yeap for the help she had rendered.

“When we started off in late 2008, we had very little. Sabrina gave us 50 bags of dog food and paid off our RM10,000 veterinary bill to help us through.

Yeap's ashes being strewn at sea after the cremation.

“MDDB will always treasure her for that thoughtful and kind gesture,” said Low, who led the MDDB entourage yesterday.

Feline rescue group Stray Cats Rescue and Treatment Community Help (Scratch) founder Suzana Sulaiman, who flew in from Penang, said the animal rescue fraternity had lost a valuable member.

“It's a very sad day for all of us,” Suzana said.

FFF volunteer Victor Chee said he had started helping out at the sanctuary with his brother William and mother Jennifer Ng after Yeap took in a stray dog that they rescued three months ago.

“Although she had many dogs to take care of, she did not say no and that was why we decided to volunteer at the sanctuary,” Chee said.

Yeap, who was orphaned when she was just a month old after her parents died in an accident, did not have a single relative in Malaysia.

Her doctor father and her mother had eloped to Malaysia from China and lost touch with their families.

Yeap grew up in a temple and her 200-odd dogs, 150 cats and countless loyal friends were her only family.

Meanwhile, FFF spokesman Myza Nordin said arrangements were being made to consolidate the sanctuary's operations.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	S funeral.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	11570   Click image for larger version

Name:	S funeral 2.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	11571  
Old 07-24-2012, 11:35 AM
PetFinder Guru

SPCA Notice Board

Food Donations To Furry Friends Farm

SPCA Selangor and animal rescuers met on the 18th of July at the SPCA Selangor Humane Education Centre to discuss immediate plans to provide assistance to Furry Friends Farm (FFF), following the demise of its founder Sabrina Yeap on Tuesday. In attendance were FFF spokesperson Myza Nordin, FFF volunteers, Save A Stray, Cherishlife Home, petfinder.my, Project Second Chance, Malaysian Dogs Deserve Better and other animal rescuers.

Myza confirmed that there are over 30 volunteers who have stepped in to care for the animals, and that a committee will be formed soon to govern the organization. Until then, FFF is not soliciting any cash donations. SPCA Selangor has volunteered to be a food collection centre, and has offered food donations as well as treatment, vaccinations and neutering for the animals at FFF for the next 3 months. MDDB has offered to sponsor the monthly water supply from Syabas.

Food donations from the public started coming in immediately (in total 333kg of dog food and 58kg of cat food), and SPCA Selangor has donated an additional 500kg of rice, 500 Doxycycline tablets and 10 boxes of disposable gloves. The current FFF operations coordinator Mr Yong picked up the first batch of donated items on the 21st of July.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	S 1.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	11572