Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > PetFinder Lounge > Coffee Room

Coffee Room Gossip on the latest topics or just mingle around and enjoy the atmosphere!

Old 03-19-2011, 09:43 AM
Animal Lover

vani is on a distinguished road
Default Is Pet Washer a torture and is using Pet treadmill acceptable??

Hi guys,

While browsing thru internet I came across the pet washer which is kinda like a washing machine and u can put ur pets (either cats or dogs) inside and it bathes, shampoos and dries them! Its kinda pricey but was wondering whether its a torture for the animals to be put inside the machine...so anyone got any feedback?

Another thing I was looking at is the pet threadmill, was wondering whether its worth buying it, as in would it be okay for the dogs.. Of course I know that the best is to let them run outside...but the thing is, while its easy to take them out for a walk/jog, its quite difficult to let them run as u need to let them off leash and puppies can be uncontrollable..also because I dont know any enclosed place I can take them to where they can run freely without leash and I dont have to worry bout them running away or running to the busy roads...So, i would also need feedback on this..what do u guys think?

Thank you
Old 03-20-2011, 07:57 AM
PetFinder Guru

Marcelleve is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Marcelleve Send a message via Yahoo to Marcelleve Send a message via Skype™ to Marcelleve
Default Re: Is Pet Washer a torture and is using Pet treadmill acceptable??

Hi Vani,

I think pet washer is a torture,mentally, just a thought of being in a closure for you to get wet and dried.
There is no bond between the owner and pet as this can be done through grooming and it is well suitable for lazy people. If they are busy, why get a pet?
Pet washers are not for living things. What if there is an electric glitch? Door's jammed? or worst?
Although pet wash is automatic but it is traumatic.

You can compare these links here:
http://www.weirdasianews.com/2010/03...e-lazy-owners/
http://stopanimalabuse.blogspot.com/...mal-abuse.html
http://www.ohgizmo.com/2007/11/09/yo...shing-machine/
vs:
http://www.dultmeier.com/PetWash.asp (latest)

Pet treadmills are healthy.
I am using human treadmill as my daily exercise.
All my kitties seem to like it.
But I remain the speed just as enough for them to run/walk with their little hinds and safe for them to jump out once they get too tired.
I left it for them to play during shower.
Miwako, my BSH adopted cat, had a flabby excess skin.
She's always lying down rather than to play.
But because of this treadmill, she's more active and more toned muscles than before. Her saggy skin was lessened.
She enjoyed running/walking when I finish before even I slowed it down, she will jump on it first.
Sometimes 3 of them would and sometimes just 2 of my kitties.

Cats are more sensitive and they are prone to stress. Forcing is very anxiety for both human and cats. They have more rebellious personality by nature rather than dogs.

Hope this info helps you.

Best Regards,
Eve

Last edited by Marcelleve; 03-20-2011 at 08:37 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:20 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Is Pet Washer a torture and is using Pet treadmill acceptable??

Hi, Vani --

I think these were both interesting questions. I'd never heard of a pet washing machine before, so I have no direct experience or information to share, but I think Marcelleve raises some good concerns. I can't imagine cats liking such a device (unless they are very odd cats!), but maybe certain dogs would think it was a doggy jacuzzi? But the concerns about malfunction are valid. Maybe best to stick with the good, old-fashioned hand-wash methods. :-)

Likewise, I never used a treadmill for my dogs when I had them, but this article says it can be very beneficial and has some excellent tips for best practices:
http://www.smalldogsparadise.com/fit...-on-treadmill/

If you decide to go ahead with either of these schemes, will you let us know how it turns out? Thanks!