Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens > Cat TV and Photos

Cat TV and Photos Post photos of your cats or embed YouTube videos. Nice place to show off your kittens or cat buddies

Old 04-12-2009, 03:22 PM
Gentle Giant

Coony is on a distinguished road
Default HK by night

HK by night

Lady Street in Mongkok
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CAT SHOW HK APR09 023.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	4504   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAT SHOW HK APR09 037.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	4505   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAT SHOW HK APR09 039.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	4506   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAT SHOW HK APR09 043.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	4507   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAT SHOW HK APR09 047.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	4509  

Name:	CAT SHOW HK APR09 331.jpg
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	4510   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAT SHOW HK APR09 328.jpg
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	4512   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAT SHOW HK APR09 329.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	4513   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAT SHOW HK APR09 326.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	4514  

Best Maine Coon Cattery in CFA ID Asia/LA since 2004
The only Maine Coon cattery with 3 DM, 3 Top Ten MCO National & produce the most GC/GP (30) & DW (12) in CFA ID Asia/LA
Old 04-12-2009, 04:40 PM
PetFinder Wowwow

vivi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: HKCLS 14th Champioship Cat Show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coony View Post
Yes, the audiences are indeed very well manner & Malaysians had a long way to go just to learn this. Somehow the HK ppl learn much faster then some of our local on manner alone. I have numerous bad experience with very rude local audiences who will poke at your cat & open your cage even with a very clear sign 'Please do not Touch'. I had came across some local who are so rude & cocky as he is poking at your cat & read the sign at the same time. Some even argue that they paid RM3 why cannot touch & I will tell them to go & hug the tiger in the zoo since they paid RM15 for it.

In HK I don't even need a sign to warn ppl not to touch & I can leave my cat in the benching area with no one to guard them & you can be assure nobody will try to open your cage or touch your cat. The ppl there will ask you politely if they can take picture of your cat & will understand if you don't bcoz the cat is sleeping. In Malaysia I had caught audiences untying the knot of my security tent to touch my cat & I had even caught some with their head already in the tent. The worst is when you are walking your cat to the judging ring & you will be getting something like 10-20 hands touching them even when you clearly said pls don't touch.

Thank you Vivi.

Oh my!
How rude can they be. Poking and do all those things? Never tot can got out of hand like this.
HOw do they feel if they got poke.

and yes i do agree that in hk, people are very well manner when they attend any show. i've been there i'm quite happy with that place too.
But overall i still loves malaysia as my hometown.
and guys please really don poke and do anything rude no more.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:41 PM
Gentle Giant

Default Yummy time

Our breakfast in HK

Nancy favorite Beef noodle

HK famous roasted goose

My favorite sotong from the night street of Mongkok

Fruity dessert, I will never miss when in HK.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CAT SHOW HK APR09 022.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	4516   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAT SHOW HK APR09 366.jpg
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	4517   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAT SHOW HK APR09 199.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	4518   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAT SHOW HK APR09 200.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	4519   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAT SHOW HK APR09 201.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	4520  

Name:	CAT SHOW HK APR09 336.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	4521   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAT SHOW HK APR09 340.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	4522   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAT SHOW HK APR09 365.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	4523  

The only Maine Coon cattery with 3 DM, 3 Top Ten MCO National & produce the most GC/GP (30) & DW (12) in CFA ID Asia/LA
Old 04-12-2009, 04:56 PM
Gentle Giant

That's right it's rude & irritating. There was a couple of time when I poke at a person body & pull his hair, he gave me a very unhappy look & ask me why I did that. I ask him how does he feel & told him this is exactly how my cat feel when he does that to him.

Offcoz Vivi, nothing beat our home country Malaysia except we still had a lot more to learn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivi View Post
Oh my!
How rude can they be. Poking and do all those things? Never tot can got out of hand like this.
HOw do they feel if they got poke.

and yes i do agree that in hk, people are very well manner when they attend any show. i've been there i'm quite happy with that place too.
But overall i still loves malaysia as my hometown.
and guys please really don poke and do anything rude no more.

Old 04-12-2009, 05:50 PM
Pet Epicurean

aliciahorsley is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Do you have a cat to campaign next year? If not you can have Ironmaine for free, your task is to bring him to the next level.
right, I'll just have to sell my car first right?
actually, for the purpose of education and sharing, could you please detail the process and cost of taking a cat to National Level? this will eye opening as well as demonstrate/prove that serious show breeders cannot make money from selling their cats
Our pets eat PINK raw food
Old 04-12-2009, 06:40 PM
Gentle Giant

Ok! here I will give you an idea as to how much it will roughly cost you to show your cat to national level. But first of all you must have a very good show cat before even considering going for it.

Average it shud cost you no less then USD40,000 & above to campaign a cat in the national level as you need to show your cat in as many big shows around the world possible. Most of this big shows are in US & occasionally in Europe. A couple of year back even HK had host a big show with 400 over cats competing & this attracted exhibitors from US & Europe with the best cats you probably had ever seen. Serious national level exhibitors sometime lock in on a few shows in a single weekend & will only book their air fare at the very last minute when the actual show count is announce to attend the show with the highest count.

Divisonal or Regional level is cheaper but it can cost as much as USD20,000 or more as it depend on how far you want to push your cat to. I have been quite lucky to get Divisonal Winner (DW) spending minimal show expenses compare to many. Simon cost me around RM30,000 to campaign only in Asia to become 2nd Best Cat in CFA ID Asia/LA. Charger was my cheapest as I only shown him once in HK & he become the 2nd Best kitten in CFA ID Asia/LA. I guess I'm the only guy who had a 2nd Best Kitten DW with so little spend & for that i had to thanks the breeder for trusting me with such fabulous cat to achieve such title with just 2 fabulous shows. I'm keeping my finger cross for Ironmaine if he maintain his DW ranking after the show season end he will be my first 1 show DW kitten which is not something you get everyday.

So you see, a free Ironmaine actually cost you more then you ever thought when you are require to show him in national level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliciahorsley View Post
right, I'll just have to sell my car first right?
actually, for the purpose of education and sharing, could you please detail the process and cost of taking a cat to National Level? this will eye opening as well as demonstrate/prove that serious show breeders cannot make money from selling their cats

Last edited by Coony; 04-12-2009 at 09:12 PM.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:42 PM
tenggelam2 timbul :P

ladycatherine is on a distinguished road

aiyah...

makes me realise how much i miss catshows and clerking...

really treasure the experiences i gather with you lot (jimmy, arisham, ken, alicia, moony, suwardi).

haish... seriously miss catshows and clerking...

Old 04-12-2009, 09:16 PM
Gentle Giant

You never know, there might be one coming for you. I will let you know when the time come but at the mean time I enjoy showing instead of organizing & feel so relax.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladycatherine View Post
aiyah...

makes me realise how much i miss catshows and clerking...

really treasure the experiences i gather with you lot (jimmy, arisham, ken, alicia, moony, suwardi).

haish... seriously miss catshows and clerking...

Last edited by Coony; 04-12-2009 at 09:26 PM.
Old 04-12-2009, 10:04 PM
Call me Yuana or Yan ;)

euanna is on a distinguished road

Quote:
That's right it's rude & irritating. There was a couple of time when I poke at a person body & pull his hair, he gave me a very unhappy look & ask me why I did that. I ask him how does he feel & told him this is exactly how my cat feel when he does that to him.

Offcoz Vivi, nothing beat our home country Malaysia except we still had a lot more to learn.
Hmm.. wonder if cage with smaller square mesh size and a lock will keep them away *ponders* .. Aha! in future maybe make a plastic or glass display cages with holes for ventilation (with the holes no bigger than a human's pinkie )... and a sturdy lock! (well..it's an idea anyway.. probably not cost effective..but..it's an idea.. )

I agree this is what people around here will usually do. Lack of knowledge and understanding I think. There should be more information and education on handling pets out there don't you think?

I'm guessing the audience are like moth.. drawn to the pruddy pruddy shiny cats. Too bad there aren't any "human repellent" to be sprayed at the cage to keep them at bay

I think alot of people doesn't realize how hard or how much effort it takes to get a cat in catshows presentable. The grooming, the materials used (grooming powder, hairbrushes, etc..etc) and the time used to make them pruddy. ..They also doesn't realize by touching cats here n there, they have high chance of transmitting diseases from one to another.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:57 PM
Meow

a.lya is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Other cats in the show

Quote:
Yes. that's a lovely hat on a lovely cat. In Malaysia there are a few American curl breeders but sad to say I hardly see any in the show hall nowaday, I wonder where they go??
Maybe the curl uncurled due to Malaysia's climate. I keep thinking of the Malaysian Unfold. Hehehe.

Wow. I knew that some Malaysians have the tendency to poke or touch other people's belongings without asking but still touching the cats after being told not to? That's beyond stupid. Next time you tell them to stop and the still poke your cats, you go ahead and touch their spouse without asking. But don't tell them I suggested this.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:59 PM
Meow

a.lya is on a distinguished road

Oh! Jimmmmyyyy the food looks yummmyy.

I'm not sure I'm salivating over the food or the cats.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:05 PM
Gentle Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by euanna View Post
Hmm.. wonder if cage with smaller square mesh size and a lock will keep them away *ponders* .. Aha! in future maybe make a plastic or glass display cages with holes for ventilation (with the holes no bigger than a human's pinkie )... and a sturdy lock! (well..it's an idea anyway.. probably not cost effective..but..it's an idea.. )
We are using our own personal show tent which have fine mesh netting & offcoz it will be harder for ppl to see the cat inside. Yet we have our local who will open the zip of the tent, sometime even try to tamper with the lock to get their hands on the cat inside or take picture of them for their own personal pleasure without asking. In HK a lot of cat owners uses the standard benching cage to place their cats & everyone get to see them & there is no worry that someone will take your cat out or try to touch them even in your absence. I wud to show my cat in this open cages but we had a problem with some of our local manner.

I agree this is what people around here will usually do. Lack of knowledge and understanding I think. There should be more information and education on handling pets out there don't you think?
It had been at least 5 year or more since I got into cat fancy & we had been educating the public since then not to mention the ppl before me. Sad to say some Malaysian learning are pretty slow.

I'm guessing the audience are like moth.. drawn to the pruddy pruddy shiny cats. Too bad there aren't any "human repellent" to be sprayed at the cage to keep them at bay

I think alot of people doesn't realize how hard or how much effort it takes to get a cat in catshows presentable. The grooming, the materials used (grooming powder, hairbrushes, etc..etc) and the time used to make them pruddy. ..They also doesn't realize by touching cats here n there, they have high chance of transmitting diseases from one to another.
Normally at the show hall it is not a good idea to allow the audiences to touch the cat even after sanitizing their hands, imagine every hand that stroll your cat will be adding some amount of greasiness from their palm to your cat coat which will affect all the effort of you try to present your cat at it best.

Old 04-13-2009, 03:15 PM
Gentle Giant

Default Re: Other cats in the show

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.lya View Post
Maybe the curl uncurled due to Malaysia's climate. I keep thinking of the Malaysian Unfold. Hehehe.
Curl don't uncurl even in our climate. Most local breeders prefer to do their curl breeding the cheap way by breeding curl to domestic, that is why our local breeder don't get that many nice curl. HK breeder breed curl to curl & they choose their quality carefully.

Wow. I knew that some Malaysians have the tendency to poke or touch other people's belongings without asking but still touching the cats after being told not to? That's beyond stupid. Next time you tell them to stop and the still poke your cats, you go ahead and touch their spouse without asking. But don't tell them I suggested this.
The next time I will have you beside my cat so that you can touch the spouse of the rude one.

Old 04-13-2009, 03:20 PM
Gentle Giant

I guess both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a.lya View Post
Oh! Jimmmmyyyy the food looks yummmyy.

I'm not sure I'm salivating over the food or the cats.

Old 04-13-2009, 03:44 PM
Gentle Giant

Default 2nd day competition

2nd day HKCLS Cat Championship.

Alumis in Karen Lawrence ring (CFA Allbreed American Judge)

Alumis was the 10th Best Premier cat in this ring
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CAT SHOW HK APR09 216.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	4543   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAT SHOW HK APR09 232.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	4544   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAT SHOW HK APR09 306.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	4545  

Old 04-13-2009, 03:56 PM
Gentle Giant

Default Ironmaine on the 2nd day

Ironmaine was the Best in Show Kitten in Liz Watson ring (CFA Allbreed American Judge)

Ironmaine was the 3rd Best in Show Kitten in Roger Lawrence ring (CFA Allbreed American Judge)

Ironmaine was the 4th Best in Show Kitten in Karen Lawrence ring (CFA Allbreed American Judge)

Rosette of the day

The red Maine Coon kitten in this show, shown by another 2 Malaysian.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CAT SHOW HK APR09 301.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	4546   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAT SHOW HK APR09 310.jpg
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	4547   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAT SHOW HK APR09 273.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	4548   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAT SHOW HK APR09 313.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	4559  

Last edited by Coony; 04-13-2009 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Add new photo
Old 04-13-2009, 04:14 PM
Gentle Giant

Default After a hard day showing

Alumis got onto her bed getting ready to sleep after the last day showing.

Poor Ironmaine had to sleep below bcoz he's too clumsy to climb up to Alumis bed

Packing up on the last night.

Ready to leave HK. Calling for our taxi that offer 20% discount.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CAT SHOW HK APR09 348.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	4549   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAT SHOW HK APR09 358.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	4550   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAT SHOW HK APR09 352.jpg
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	4551   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAT SHOW HK APR09 341.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	4552   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAT SHOW HK APR09 368.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	4553  

Name:	CAT SHOW HK APR09 355.jpg
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	4554  

Last edited by Coony; 04-13-2009 at 04:23 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:30 PM
Gentle Giant

Default Some Dog Picture taken from the Pet Expo

Some Dogs Picture taken from the Pet Expo

Siberian Husky

Collie

St Bernard

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CAT SHOW HK APR09 315.jpg
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	4556   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAT SHOW HK APR09 318.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	4557   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAT SHOW HK APR09 321.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	4558  

Old 04-13-2009, 05:19 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

hahahaha......no need to catnap my 007, vivi......there are plenty of domestic tabbies around, looking for a good home......just take one home lor.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivi View Post
Hahah no offense at all.
i usually follow the crowd.
but then i totally understand.
If i c beautiful kitties and doggies i will try my best not to sayang them (but mostly fail).
y?
i scare i cant control myself and i'll catnap and dognap them.
Haiz~~~~
my next target is 007.
becareful~~~~~~~
k.k. just kidding.
Nice advise charlene. Will take note.

I like this!!! Yeah!!! See how they like being poked and have their hair pulled!!

Quote:

hahaha......that was funny, how Ironmaine had to sleep on the floor as he couldn't get up to Alumni's bed.

awww........i can feel myself drooling over the cats and food.....the sotong looks especially yummy..... I'd better go get some grubs to eat from my kitchen before I continue reading.....
Old 04-15-2009, 02:10 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

Ironmaine in HK Cat Show.......enjoy........