Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Dogs & Puppies

Dogs & Puppies General information and discussions on taking care of your canine buddy

Old 09-03-2008, 01:06 PM
Animal Lover

towtow is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to towtow
Default Neutered/Spayed

Hi, this is some question about it. Why the breed must neutered it, as we call it "Tai Kam" in cantonese? I am so sad to saw as many breeds in neutered for them since it is so healthy especially for the pure breeds.

If we are the dog, the owner neutered us without to ask permission then shall we feel happy? I am so question this to the PAWS & SPCA can i adopt their puppy and authorized them do not spayed/neutured since we pay them the adoption fees? assume maybe im a chinese & buddhist, so ppl called "pandan" do not like any of "taikam" allow to my house...

is it possible there come to the business purpose so the onwer cant develop the next new puppies themself after neutured and might to get new puppies again with so expensive in the pet shop? so sorry to say that, but i am just to make a common sense to think about the neutered purpose beside there said good for them not being rape from other dogs or unstable behavior? if we are the good takecare the pets & seldom to let them out should we need that spayed?

again, to be apologized if any misundertand but need more understanding y the dog must or compulsary in spayed.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:31 PM
PetFinder Guru

lynielime is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Neutered/Spayed

Have you seen how many stray dogs and cats roam the streets desperately searching for food and shelter? is that any way to live a life? the problem is there are more irresponsible owners than responsible ones. often, people who don't spay or neuter their pets don't even want the offspring they produce. the result? countless unwanted homeless puppies and kittens.

the animal shelters can't cope with the sheer volume of unwanted babies dropped off at their door. and often the only option is to euthanize them. this is a last resort. in order to achieve their goal of being a no-kill shelter, shelters like SPCA and PAWS need to make sure that animals they receive DO NOT ADD TO THE ALREADY HUGE POPULATION OF STRAY ANIMALS. ask yourself, who is going to take care of all those animals? they become targets for cruelty and abuse, get hit by cars, contract diseases, and live lives without being loved. do you want to see more animals live their lives that way? if you can help prevent more suffering before it happens, don't you want to do that?

i foster kittens and i only let people who will neuter them, adopt them. i don't want my foster animals to give birth to lots more stray kittens. as it is, people like me are already always picking up sick and abandoned kittens and puppies from the streets. it makes you heart sick. think about that.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:34 PM
PetFinder Guru

i think you need to understand more about neutering and spaying. please read the following articles.

http://www.hsus.org/pets/pet_care/wh..._your_pet.html

http://www.paw-rescue.org/sn_info.html

http://www.phsspca.org/SNiP/why.htm
Old 09-03-2008, 01:44 PM
Animal Lover

Ferreted is an unknown quantity at this point

wahahaha waiiitt i am chinese and buddhist.. some people maybe different beliefs. but i never heard like that.

anyway dogs/ cats dont have say in this (they cant speak, dont take birth control pills/ wear condoms) hehehe.. breeding is in their instinct, when you need more understanding.. look at the fellas; pups and kits in SPCA/PAWS.. thrown away and unwanted.

if all owners say "i will take care, seldom let them out" (you mean by themselves, i hope), i think no SPCAs can contain the BABY BOOM. its preventive measure for poor fates that have to be putdown or left to die/starve, its birth control.

one day u kept an eye on them, on other day u might miss (we're humans afterall) and too bad the PURE BREED ganna spoiled by mongrels.. have 8 puppies.. WHAT TO DO? throw them away? take care all 9 dogs? go left and right for people to adopt? or the mongrels have babies from the PURE BREED? this one definitely on the streets hoping to be rescued or die.

some breeders with rare types like the bengal cats do neuter for business purpose.

When you want new additions, just adopt more lor, save some from dying, hehehe there's more where they came from.. from UN NEUTERED PETS. Unless you wanna be a breeder? make some money? have the facilities and know how?

p.s: female ferrets have to be neutered if not for breeding, or they will die from aplastic anemia.. non neutered male ferrets also have smell glands that stinks on mating season, making them "undesirable". haha.. okay okay i am ferret lover.

welcome towtow.. hehehe sorry if i fiery on this topic cause i see those poor fellas eyes, each and all of them.. my heart breaks lor..

Last edited by Ferreted; 09-03-2008 at 02:19 PM.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:52 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Neutered/Spayed

Towtow,

I always give simple answer.Cats normally on heat 3 times a year and pregnant 3 times a year.Say,every pregnancy she produce 4 kittens. That means 12 kittens per year.Out of 12 kittens,6 are female.This 6 femal kittens grow up and can produce another 12 kittens per year.Do you get the picture??

Mama cat = 1 year 12 kittens

Out of 12 kittens 6 female kittens.Kittens grow become adt cats.

1 cat produce 12 kittens per year

6 cats x 12 kittens = 72

So go ahead and do you maths!!!!

Oh, by the way.This method apply to dogs also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by towtow View Post
Hi, this is some question about it. Why the breed must neutered it, as we call it "Tai Kam" in cantonese? I am so sad to saw as many breeds in neutered for them since it is so healthy especially for the pure breeds.

If we are the dog, the owner neutered us without to ask permission then shall we feel happy? I am so question this to the PAWS & SPCA can i adopt their puppy and authorized them do not spayed/neutured since we pay them the adoption fees? assume maybe im a chinese & buddhist, so ppl called "pandan" do not like any of "taikam" allow to my house...

is it possible there come to the business purpose so the onwer cant develop the next new puppies themself after neutured and might to get new puppies again with so expensive in the pet shop? so sorry to say that, but i am just to make a common sense to think about the neutered purpose beside there said good for them not being rape from other dogs or unstable behavior? if we are the good takecare the pets & seldom to let them out should we need that spayed?

again, to be apologized if any misundertand but need more understanding y the dog must or compulsary in spayed.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:58 PM
PetFinder Buddy

baca882004 is on a distinguished road

Why the breed must neutered it, as we call it "Tai Kam" in cantonese? I am so sad to saw as many breeds in neutered for them since it is so healthy especially for the pure breeds.
Neutering is not killing. With neutering, there’s less chance of some sort of cancer. Read it up. There is improvement of health.

If we are the dog, the owner neutered us without to ask permission then shall we feel happy?
If we are dog, my owner make me pregnant over and over again and sell off my babies, will the dog be happy also? Some more, what happens if sell the dog’s babies – ended up with bad owners and got abused.

is it possible there come to the business purpose so the onwer cant develop the next new puppies themself after neutured and might to get new puppies again with so expensive in the pet shop?
Develop next batch of puppies and sell cheap-cheap or give friends, but puppies got lots of genetic problems, bone problems, hip issues, is it good idea?

so sorry to say that, but i am just to make a common sense to think about the neutered purpose beside there said good for them not being rape from other dogs or unstable behavior?
It’s OK. Life is a learning experience and am happy that someone asks.

For me, here’s the reason I spay/neuter my pets :
1. I don’t like so many male dogs coming around my house, trying to get into my house
2. I pity my dog if pregnant. So susah with big stomach, then deliver the baby. Very “ko-lian” on the mother. Then recover from pregnancy? If got complications? Puppies die during delivery?
3. The puppies must go to good homes. What happens if the puppies go to bad homes and kena abused by people? I feel like “helping a murderer” because I gave the puppies to an abuser.
4. What happens if the puppies got genetic problems? If give/sell to my friend, they will be angry at me as they need to spend extra for medical fees
5. AND MANY..MANY More reasons.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:22 PM
Banned

ashleywong is on a distinguished road

hi towtow

i hate to bring religion in this BUT

if you're a buddhist, you surely understanding the concept of not causing suffering to any sentient beings - by not neutering your pet due to either ignorance or arrogance you are surely directly involved in perpetuating suffering for your pets through your actions.

it is one thing to dabble in luck and nombor empat ekor but to equate superstitious to buddhism and to ascribe ignorance (of neutering) to buddhism that's not right.

besides reading up neutering/spaying, permit me to say you may need to brush up on your dharma lessons!
Old 09-05-2008, 01:07 PM
Animal Lover

Dunker is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Neutered/Spayed

Hehehehe, 10 years ago when i was still a student, many people would call me cruel when i suggested to neuter animals with words like "god" "pain" "disrespect to the animals rights" being used. today i see this topic and at least i can say we are walking forward based on number and type of response we have here.
But here's the rub, there is nothing wrong with adopting a pet and not neutering them, just get one off the streets and not the shelters. that way you have every right to keep the dog or cat intact. But if she breeds or if the male goes out and mates with other dogs, then it is YOUR responsibility my friend to care for ALL of those puppy. to pretend that they are not there is being hypocritical. So unless one have the time, energy, patience and the financial means to take care of those dogs go ahead. I have personally seen a family who did not want to spay their male dog. When the dog mated with a female outside, they took the female in and kept all 6 puppies. To this day they still have those 8 dogs...all neutered by the way.
Old 09-05-2008, 04:49 PM
Animal Lover

"To this day they still have those 8 dogs...all neutered by the way" hahahaa learnt their lesson eh.. appreciate the move tho.. to take in the mom n pups.
Old 09-05-2008, 04:59 PM
PetFinder Guru

the way i see it, here are the options..

1. don't neuter any animals and the whole world tries to find homes for every single one of their millions of offspring.

2. don't neuter your pets, and keep ALL of their offspring for life. remember, they can have a few litters a year.

3 be one of those heartless bastards that supposedly loves animals but when their own pet gives birth, throw away the babies like garbage, abandon them at spca or on a road somewhere, kill them, etc. let them spend their lives in the street looking for shelter, care, and food.

4. BIRTH CONTROL - neutering, spaying, preventing unwanted litters, preventing suffering of future generations.

i dont' see what's so bloody humane about creating more stray animals. it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what the humane option is.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:31 PM
Animal Lover

ok la everyone enough posts here i think.. the points are very loud and clear .

the more we see this thread the angrier we get and towtow is probably just being young .

hope she gets it and so is the others checking out this thread,

neuter your pets.

Last edited by Ferreted; 09-05-2008 at 05:42 PM.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:36 AM
PetFinder Buddy

baca882004 is on a distinguished road

Forgot to say - thank you towtow for being brave enough to post your opinions And for listing out your reasons and post up for further discussion.

I salute U for that. Anyways, the best way to go about this spay/neuter topic had already been discussed to death. Not going to repeat.