Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Latest News & Happenings > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself to our fun community and meet some new friends here!

Old 04-19-2008, 05:09 AM
PetFinder Guru

veanne is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to veanne
Smile hihi

hihi..:) nice to meet you all here... im veanne... im from perak... currently in kl... im still studying... going to grad my adv dip this year...

im not only a dog lover but an animal lover...:p hehe... my house (hometown) is actually a mini zoo... i have 12 dogs... 6 birds... 3 fish... 1 rabbit... 2 hamster... 1 guinea pig... 1 turtle... last time some more got chicken, cat, spider... haha... now having one dog and 2 hamster with me in kl..

erm... im actually wanted to register as a fosterer... hehe... but then... im going to grad soon... so, going to moved to a new house... so... i think its better for me to settle down first...;)
Old 04-20-2008, 12:35 AM
Founder, PetFinder.my

AndyKoh has disabled reputation

hi veanne, nice to see you here! ;)

wahh... your home is really like a zoo hehe... must be very fun playing with all the animals back there...

which of those animals do you like best? does each of them have a name?

please invite your friends that are interested in rescuing or fostering animals to sign up here, so we can build up a good database of animals seeking shelter.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:21 AM
PetFinder Guru

haha... ya... my mini zoo house... i love dogs the most... because other animals doesn't seems to have the brain like dogs have... haha... ya, i have names for all of them... hehe... its a long list of them...

i have 12 mongrels... which my dad rescued and keep them in my dad's workshop... cannot keep in the house... later MPM come "kacau" us... 12 of them are sleepy, melon, berry, libra, pieces, aries, cancer, aquarius, smarty, clumsy, greedy, and lucky... all their names have their own stories... but then my dad just call all of them "kopi"... haha... he said there's too many of them... if calling them one by one then it will be very tired... so, once he called "kopi" all twelve of them will come... haha... and one dog with me here in kl is shiro, my adopted boy... he's a mix breed...

the 6 birds are yellow, pinki, xixi, birdie, fatty, noisy... the rabbit's name is still rabbit.. hehe... 2 dwarf hamster in hometown are ai ai and li li... two syrian hamster with me now is fei zhu and mui mui... and the guinea pig is zhu zhu... and the turtle is gui gui...

hehe... i will try to invite my friends who is interested in resuing or fostering animal to sign up here...

Last edited by veanne; 04-20-2008 at 01:23 AM.
Old 04-20-2008, 04:50 AM
CEO, EzerNET

Ezer has disabled reputation

Wow Veanne... the most I have ever had, was 11 dogs at one time... and ya, they came to our house for feeding time... looks like you're the steve erwin of malaysia!! haha...

and oh, let's get this forum going boys and girls!! invite all your friends.. great things are happening at petfinder.my....
Old 04-20-2008, 11:51 AM
Founder, PetFinder.my

haha.. good idea, give the dogs a group name Kopi eh.. then should call the birds Teh and the hamsters Milo eh? then your dad's workshop will sound more like a coffee shop hehe...

who is taking care of all the animals there, your dad? good job on saving those dogs.. if you happen to save more in the future maybe you can find some suitable adopters for them at petfinder here too!
Old 04-21-2008, 11:48 PM
PetFinder Guru

haha... steve erwin...??? haha... my dad should be the steve erwin... haha...

haha... should consider that too... not bad also... come to my dad's workshop can SEE kopi, teh and milo... haha...

my family member will take care of the dogs... my mom will cook for them for dinner and lunch... and my mom will cook extra... the workshop next door only feed them one a day... some more feed them like they're human's dustbin... haih... my mom pity them... then cook for their part also... the headache part is... bathing them... each one of us of my family member have bath two dogs... haha... very tiring... but then kind of fun too.. haha... playing water with my bro and sis...
Old 04-22-2008, 12:08 AM
CEO, EzerNET

haha... yup, we should all visit you at your workshop.. and your mom will make teh tarik for everyone!!
Old 04-22-2008, 12:21 AM
PetFinder Guru

haha... hmm... got some minor problem... my mom dunno how to make teh tarik la... chinese tea cannot or not...??? my dad very pro in all those chinese tea... haha...
Old 04-22-2008, 12:45 AM
Founder, PetFinder.my

haha.. btw veanne, are you keeping those dogs as your own pets or just temporarily fostering them till you all find suitable homes for them?

is there an spca in perak? i believe the selangor spca is the most active one...

how's the situation on stray dogs and pet ownership there?
Old 04-22-2008, 12:50 AM
CEO, EzerNET

I think they barbeque dogs in perak!

And btw: Veanne is currently living in kl...
Old 04-22-2008, 12:59 AM
Founder, PetFinder.my

Speaking of BBQing dogs... I wonder if it's worse off eating dogs in China or us eating pigs and cows. We might feel disgusted at the sight of dog eating because we emotionally treat them as friends and because we can identify better with their expressive faces... but I think it's equally bad killing any such animals...

Can't wait for the day when synthetic meat with realistic artificial meat flavorings arrives haha...
Old 04-22-2008, 02:54 AM
PetFinder Guru

my dad is keeping all the 12 dogs... we never put the dogs that being rescued up for adoption... cause my dad said that, he don't want to see the dog being abandon again... cause, if the dogs are with us, then forever it will be...

ya, there is one SPCA in ipoh, perak... ya, selangor spca is the most active one... been there for once... accompany my friend to adopt a dog from there...

i think all the place is the same regarding the pet ownership, right...??? if im not mistaken, each owner can apply the license for 4 dogs only... normally those stray dogs will be put into sleep... feel pity for the stray dogs... so my dad will rescued them, and get them licensed... now got 12 dogs already... only can rescued 4 more... cause my dad is using my his two of his worker's name to get the dog licensed... now only left one non muslim worker...

haha... hmm... barbeque sounds nice... but not dog... chicken wing my favourite... yum~ yum~... maybe we should have barbeque gathering... hehe...

but then china ppl like to eat dog...!!! one of my friend ate dog meat before... evil...!!! cruel...!!! haih... but then cannot blame him also... cause he also dunno its a dog... his uncle (china ppl) told him its a pork...

Last edited by veanne; 04-22-2008 at 02:57 AM.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:06 AM
PetFinder Guru

hmm... normally malaysian ppl or majority of the ppl in the world will eat cows, chickens, ducks, turkey, pork...

but then china ppl eat anything... especially, when we treat the animals as our friends... and the eat your friends...!!! arghh... really cannot stand it...!! its just like eating your love ones... they eat dog, rabbit, monkey, etc... some more they eat the animals ALIVE...!!! thats like... so cruel...!! haih... just cannot accept the concept of they way of china's ppl eating habbit..

Last edited by veanne; 04-23-2008 at 06:18 AM.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:09 AM
PetFinder Guru

those vegetarian have the rights to speak up to those carnivor... or omnivor... but we...??? cannot argue... cause we kill animals also, like chicken... haih...
Old 04-23-2008, 10:05 PM
Founder, PetFinder.my

Very kind of your family to provide a shelter for these abandoned dogs.. sure will be very happening when you go and visit them... a dozen dogs running towards you barking and licking and jumping hehe...

I am in southern China right now... you can see many of the steamboat restaurants' menus having dog meat... yucccck... but I think it's mostly only available during the winter...

But ironically, at nearby areas you can also see people selling puppies as pets haha...
Old 04-25-2008, 03:19 PM
PetFinder Guru

yeap... they're very excited seeing seeing me... haha... cause i bring them lots of treats.. haha...

can't imagine they're eating dog... i'll vomit if seeing them eating dog...
Old 04-25-2008, 09:48 PM
CEO, EzerNET

it's ok veanne.... if you're a doggy, you'll probably taste nice with curry....
Old 04-28-2008, 03:16 AM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezer View Post
it's ok veanne.... if you're a doggy, you'll probably taste nice with curry....
haha... curry not so nice la... hmm... ala thai... better...