Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > PetFinder Lounge > Coffee Room

Coffee Room Gossip on the latest topics or just mingle around and enjoy the atmosphere!

Old 02-18-2010, 04:15 PM
PetFinder Buddy

monkee94 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to monkee94
Default Is our generation(as in teens nowadays)wiser than their grandparents generation?

Just wondering if any of you guys would give me your feedback on this topic as I'm writing an essay on it and need another generation's view. Thanks
Old 02-18-2010, 04:47 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Is our generation(as in teens nowadays)wiser than their grandparents generation?

Smarter yes but wiser?? NO

With experience & knowledge we get from our daily life (not from books) makes us become wiser. Say,when I'm 60 yrs old,I'm wiser than 20 yrs girl. But I'm not neccessarily smarter than 20 yrs girl.Get it??

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkee94 View Post
Just wondering if any of you guys would give me your feedback on this topic as I'm writing an essay on it and need another generation's view. Thanks
Old 02-18-2010, 07:49 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Default Re: Is our generation(as in teens nowadays)wiser than their grandparents generation?

yup i get it what about exposure???what were the older generation more exposed to as opposed to my generation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Smarter yes but wiser?? NO

With experience & knowledge we get from our daily life (not from books) makes us become wiser. Say,when I'm 60 yrs old,I'm wiser than 20 yrs girl. But I'm not neccessarily smarter than 20 yrs girl.Get it??
Old 02-18-2010, 09:13 PM
Animal Lover

Simple,exposure we get along our way in life. The older you are,the more exposure you get. When we are young,sometimes we make wrong decisions.As we grow older, we take this as a lesson and will not make same mistake. Life is trial and error.Each of us wil make mistake/wrong decision in our life.

For example, I'm in my mid 30's and have 14 yrs working experience. Can 20 yrs old girl match to my experience and exposure that I got?? A 23 yrs old girl graduated from UUM joined our company in Dec 2009. She got Degree Holder in Tourism and Hospitality. But what can her Degree do to her? Nothing coz she has no experience in tourism line on hand. While I have thorough exposure for the past 14 yrs. If my boss pay her salary than mine, I will immediately tender my resignation letter

This is only example from my side. I don't speak on behalf of everybody.

Quote:
yup i get it what about exposure???what were the older generation more exposed to as opposed to my generation?
Old 02-18-2010, 10:12 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Default Re: Is our generation(as in teens nowadays)wiser than their grandparents generation?

LOL i agree with that i hope you dont mind me asking another question..what about in terms of sex ed and also stranger danger and EQ?

Quote:
Simple,exposure we get along our way in life. The older you are,the more exposure you get. When we are young,sometimes we make wrong decisions.As we grow older, we take this as a lesson and will not make same mistake. Life is trial and error.Each of us wil make mistake/wrong decision in our life.

For example, I'm in my mid 30's and have 14 yrs working experience. Can 20 yrs old girl match to my experience and exposure that I got?? A 23 yrs old girl graduated from UUM joined our company in Dec 2009. She got Degree Holder in Tourism and Hospitality. But what can her Degree do to her? Nothing coz she has no experience in tourism line on hand. While I have thorough exposure for the past 14 yrs. If my boss pay her salary than mine, I will immediately tender my resignation letter

This is only example from my side. I don't speak on behalf of everybody.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:15 PM
Animal Lover

Red face Is our generation(as in teens nowadays)wiser than their grandparents generation?

Sex ed must be taught with care to the youngsters/teens. They must be taught that love does not equal sex. They also must be taught to abt sex before marriage,safe sex practise and most all the danger on having sex at tender young age. If you notice baby dumping cases are mostly teenagers. They are with the raging hormones and curiosity not some old people like us. Curiosity kill the cat, so they said

Danger stranger?? Not all strangers are bad. Good strangers do exist. I was once saved by a stranger. Most important use our instint and be alert all the time. Research prove that most rape and murder cases done by someone the victim know such as boyfriend,neighbours,uncle,cousin,close friends etc.

Quote:
LOL i agree with that i hope you dont mind me asking another question..what about in terms of sex ed and also stranger danger and EQ?
Old 02-21-2010, 12:18 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Raging hormones and fried up brains haha...i really appreciate your input..now i got to hasten to finish my essay Thanks again!

Quote:
Sex ed must be taught with care to the youngsters/teens. They must be taught that love does not equal sex. They also must be taught to abt sex before marriage,safe sex practise and most all the danger on having sex at tender young age. If you notice baby dumping cases are mostly teenagers. They are with the raging hormones and curiosity not some old people like us. Curiosity kill the cat, so they said

Danger stranger?? Not all strangers are bad. Good strangers do exist. I was once saved by a stranger. Most important use our instint and be alert all the time. Research prove that most rape and murder cases done by someone the victim know such as boyfriend,neighbours,uncle,cousin,close friends etc.