Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Pet Welfare, Rescue & Adoption > Rescuers & Fosterers

Rescuers & Fosterers For rescuers and fosterers, the true heroes of PetFinder.my

Old 09-06-2010, 09:20 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Let's help Egeh :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightMaiden View Post
... I checked out Eve's profile again, at the off chance that *maybe,* being the previous owner, she could talk to PAWS about releasing Egeh or something. But she has deleted her mobile number which was previously there. Anybody had a chance to copy down her number before she removed it?
I really don't think this will increase your chance of getting Egeh out. Instead more likely, she will get a re-buff herself for being fickle-minded.

Azmyrax, I think you approached PAWS using a wrong approach and got the good people there who are already so resource-challenged on the defensive (refer your related conversation) and have come across sooooooo many pretentious people who are out to get their hands on the longer haired animals, ignoring all the short-haired ones that they are very weary of anyone coming in to take out the long-haired. And working like they do in there day in and day out, people do get quite stressed and emotions do get edgy. Try to think beyond Egeh and yourself so that you can position your request differently and more effectively, for Egeh's sake, kay?

Egeh has come down sick from exposure to the shelter environment, so that probably explains the holding period that they have imposed on her like all other animals in there. This is to protect animals outside from contracting anything from sick Egeh. I think this must be the standard procedure that PAWS is explaining to you, no?
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 09-06-2010, 09:39 AM
PetFinder Guru

MidnightMaiden is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
I really don't think this will increase your chance of getting Egeh out. Instead more likely, she will get a re-buff herself for being fickle-minded.
Hehe oh well, thought it was worth a shot
Old 09-06-2010, 09:54 AM
was a cat before

azmyrax is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Azmyrax, I think you approached PAWS using a wrong approach and got the good people there who are already so resource-challenged on the defensive (refer your related conversation) and have come across sooooooo many pretentious people who are out to get their hands on the longer haired animals, ignoring all the short-haired ones that they are very weary of anyone coming in to take out the long-haired. And working like they do in there day in and day out, people do get quite stressed and emotions do get edgy. Try to think beyond Egeh and yourself so that you can position your request differently and more effectively, for Egeh's sake, kay?

Egeh has come down sick from exposure to the shelter environment, so that probably explains the holding period that they have imposed on her like all other animals in there. This is to protect animals outside from contracting anything from sick Egeh. I think this must be the standard procedure that PAWS is explaining to you, no?
yeah so any suggestion on how i should rerequest them to release Egeh? Or should i just really leave it at that? I really do understand, seeing that so many short-haired cats there abandoned and people chose to adopt long haired ones. (i loveeeeeeee short-haired cats, i like the way their muscles look, if too furry cant see muscles plus im allergic to long-haired so having LH is far-fetched). I guess PAWS have seen so many reckless / pretentious adopters millions of time. But Im very ikhlas to help her. Perhaps i should just wait and *cross fingers* she would survived?

i heard stories that even though some people have paid to castrate their cats at PAWS, they never showed up. I guessed that's why PAWS insisted on the system. But I really really wish they could release Egeh. Im already knee-deep, i dont want her to die in vain. I cant save all, but one saved will make a difference. at least for me
Old 09-06-2010, 09:58 AM
was a cat before

Quote:
Oh I think addison means, she noticed that the owner sent Egeh to PAWS after somebody asked the owner "u nak bagi (Egeh) for adoption sbb egeh ni injured ke?"
haha yakah? i was reading it the wrong way. thanks for putting punctuation, im lost at times
Old 09-06-2010, 10:03 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Originally Posted by azmyrax View Post
yeah so any suggestion on how i should rerequest them to release Egeh? Or should i just really leave it at that? I really do understand, seeing that so many short-haired cats there abandoned and people chose to adopt long haired ones. (i loveeeeeeee short-haired cats, i like the way their muscles look, if too furry cant see muscles plus im allergic to long-haired so having LH is far-fetched). I guess PAWS have seen so many reckless / pretentious adopters millions of time. But Im very ikhlas to help her. Perhaps i should just wait and *cross fingers* she would survived?

i heard stories that even though some people have paid to castrate their cats at PAWS, they never showed up. I guessed that's why PAWS insisted on the system. But I really really wish they could release Egeh. Im already knee-deep, i dont want her to die in vain. I cant save all, but one saved will make a difference. at least for me
Yes, there are many, many cons, trying to get their greedy fingers on the longhairs cheap and easy and use for breeding.

So, friend, seeing that PAWS is following strict procedures to protect the cats both in and out of the shelter (for which I salute them for doing a good job), you will just have to sit by patiently until Egeh's "jail term" is over. To help things, maybe you can offer PAWS an adoption booking fee if they will accept in order that you and not someone else gets Egeh later, if she makes it. And also you can visit Egeh to comfort her. Better still, join PAWS as a volunteer to care for Egeh (far out suggestion? ).
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 09-06-2010, 10:16 AM
was a cat before

Quote:
Yes, there are many, many cons, trying to get their greedy fingers on the longhairs cheap and easy and use for breeding.

So, friend, seeing that PAWS is following strict procedures to protect the cats both in and out of the shelter (for which I salute them for doing a good job), you will just have to sit by patiently until Egeh's "jail term" is over. To help things, maybe you can offer PAWS an adoption booking fee if they will accept in order that you and not someone else gets Egeh later, if she makes it. And also you can visit Egeh to comfort her. Better still, join PAWS as a volunteer to care for Egeh (far out suggestion? ).
I was told that Egeh is also not yet open for booking. Im just worried, what if before the jail term is over, Egeh died? she looks not well. Im not worried about anyone adopting Egeh once she's well and spayed. I shall bid her goodbye with a huge smile on my face to know that she is healthy and will go to a loving family. My concern is now. Is there anything else I can do, now?
Old 09-06-2010, 10:26 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
I was told that Egeh is also not yet open for booking. Im just worried, what if before the jail term is over, Egeh died? she looks not well. Im not worried about anyone adopting Egeh once she's well and spayed. I shall bid her goodbye with a huge smile on my face to know that she is healthy and will go to a loving family. My concern is now. Is there anything else I can do, now?
In or outside PAWS? If in, like I suggested, register as a PAWS volunteer (heh heh, nanti Edward pulak garu kefala why this volunteer only sits at Egeh's cage and clean only her cage instead of scooping poo from all the other cats' cages! )

Outside of PAWS? Pray for her and collect as much donations as you can if you need the $$.

If weak Egeh does not make it despite the best care PAWS is providing for her, there is really nothing you can do about it and at the end of the day, Egeh's blood would be at the hands of her former owner who put her there in the first place, not yours or PAWS ... and may she rest in peace.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:35 AM
was a cat before

Quote:

If weak Egeh does not make it despite the best care PAWS is providing for her, there is really nothing you can do about it and at the end of the day, Egeh's blood would be at the hands of her former owner who put her there in the first place, not yours or PAWS ... and may she rest in peace.
reading so many of your posts before this, you always bring painful truth
Old 09-06-2010, 10:55 AM
PetFinder Guru

MidnightMaiden is on a distinguished road

Quote:
at the end of the day, Egeh's blood would be at the hands of her former owner who put her there in the first place, not yours or PAWS ...
Old 09-06-2010, 01:27 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Let's help Egeh :)

Mira,pls talk to Edward directly or PM to Andy minta dia tlg slow talk to Edward.

Quote:
Old 09-06-2010, 03:36 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Mira,pls talk to Edward directly or PM to Andy minta dia tlg slow talk to Edward.
No, don't make things worse. PAWS have said they have 3 qualified vets to look after their animals and Egeh is their animal and responsibility now, having accepted Egeh from the previous owner and PAWS is following best practice to not release any sick animal until and unless it is healthy and neutered and fit for adoption. Not releasing Egeh to you at this time indicates that PAWS is a responsible organisation that does not bow to pressure for the sake of their animals' wellbeing, kay?

Try to put yourself in PAWS' shoes, friends. From what I can see, they are doing things quite well and better than another shelter. It appears that PAWS is quite well run by a group of competent people, judging from things, so Mira, just sit back and wait it out. If Egeh is not well, even if you take her out, she will still die and things will get even more complicated. Who knows, someone may suddenly come out and baling telur busuk at PAWS holding them responsible for releasing an unfit animal and even give the image that the vets at PAWS are incompetent causing someone to have to take the animal out to give better care elsewhere. Manusia dengan mulut mereka macam-macam cerita boleh buat tau?

So, just wait for things to pass their natural course. Meantime, Mira, while waiting for Egeh, you can pass time by rescuing more lost and suffering animals out there, especially during this horrible (for the animals) time where many irresponsible people just abandon their pets to fend for themselves while they go enjoy makan lemang and rendang, kay?
Old 09-06-2010, 04:53 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
reading so many of your posts before this, you always bring painful truth
Sorry, I don't mean to hurt, friend, but we need to be objective always and we always need to be strong and look at the truth in its face, no matter how it may hurt, kay?
Old 09-07-2010, 07:48 AM
was a cat before

Quote:
Sorry, I don't mean to hurt, friend, but we need to be objective always and we always need to be strong and look at the truth in its face, no matter how it may hurt, kay?
True true. At the moment Im trying to be patience and wait for the jail term is over. I hope she gets well too

Quote:
So, just wait for things to pass their natural course. Meantime, Mira, while waiting for Egeh, you can pass time by rescuing more lost and suffering animals out there, especially during this horrible (for the animals) time where many irresponsible people just abandon their pets to fend for themselves while they go enjoy makan lemang and rendang, kay?
What you've said is true, everyone here at the office has gone back for raya and there are 3 stray cats here, I think 1 is a mummy cat, and nobody even care to feed them since the canteen closed for raya early this week. Will try to put as much food for them to last until 20th september when canteen opens again. Kesian lah
Old 09-07-2010, 09:38 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
True true. At the moment Im trying to be patience and wait for the jail term is over. I hope she gets well too

What you've said is true, everyone here at the office has gone back for raya and there are 3 stray cats here, I think 1 is a mummy cat, and nobody even care to feed them since the canteen closed for raya early this week. Will try to put as much food for them to last until 20th september when canteen opens again. Kesian lah
Don' forget to put SEVERAL big containers of water not too near the food because kalau dekat sangat nanti mereka pergi minum selepas makan, a kibble or two might drop into the water bowl dan buat air tu habis masam. Put several so that kalau satu dua container dah masam, ada lagi yg lain yg bersih. Taroh sampai penuh, bukan separoh penuh.

I don't know why so many people never tak advantage of the container capacity and put full-full, most people taroh separoh macam nak hidang kepada manusia (bila saya suruh orang tolong taroh air utk my strays, they always do that, much to my frustration, aku suruh taroh penuh, bila check nampak mereka taroh separoh saja! ) - nanti satu ekor anjing pergi minum, dah habis air tu, not to mention the evaporation ... then the poor, poor cats are left with nothing kena minum air kotor kat longkang ... anyway, air kan murah, Selangor dapat air free pon! But clean water is so precious to the strays.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:44 AM
was a cat before

ok noted. thanks
Old 09-07-2010, 12:55 PM
Animal Lover

addison is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hi addison, i bukan nak bagi adoption kat Egeh. The story is quite long, so just refer balik to first thread. Kesian sangat kat Egeh
eh u salah faham ni, i x maksudkan u, i maksudkan owner lama dia, mula2 kan dia letak cat for adoption - Egeh ni (i hari2 masuk petfinder so i perasan iklan Egeh tu), pastu tgk2 dia hantar ke Paws... lepas ada org tanya dia, u nak bagi for adoption sebab Egeh ni injured ke..
Old 09-07-2010, 12:57 PM
Animal Lover

addison is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Oh I think addison means, she noticed that the owner sent Egeh to PAWS after somebody asked the owner "u nak bagi (Egeh) for adoption sbb egeh ni injured ke?"
yes!! right....
Old 09-07-2010, 01:00 PM
was a cat before

Quote:
Originally Posted by addison View Post
yes!! right....
hehe yah i got it bila midnightmaiden explained
Old 09-08-2010, 03:07 AM
PetFinder Guru

izwanbest is on a distinguished road

x bley ke contact owner dia yg hantar egeh ke situ pergi amik balik kucing dia kat paws... pastu buat lah apa yg patut??

at least owner dia consider lah sket... dah baca thread ni takde perasaan ke???

kalau susah2 pergi jer Paws tu pecah sangkar Egeh curi bawak balik..

sedih jugak tengok thread ni... sy tak dpt bayangkan kalau kucing saya si Yulia, Romeo, Angela dan si Sandra jadi macam ni.. sedey sgt....
tapi tak mampu nak buat apa2
Old 09-08-2010, 07:57 AM
was a cat before

Quote:
Originally Posted by izwanbest View Post
x bley ke contact owner dia yg hantar egeh ke situ pergi amik balik kucing dia kat paws... pastu buat lah apa yg patut??

at least owner dia consider lah sket... dah baca thread ni takde perasaan ke???

kalau susah2 pergi jer Paws tu pecah sangkar Egeh curi bawak balik..

sedih jugak tengok thread ni... sy tak dpt bayangkan kalau kucing saya si Yulia, Romeo, Angela dan si Sandra jadi macam ni.. sedey sgt....
tapi tak mampu nak buat apa2
so far memang tak mampu nak buat apa2. just tunggu kucing tu sihat dan di spay pastu sapa2 boleh lah amik untuk adoption. I've tried to help the cat, but seems like dead end. So just kena tunggu aje lah