Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Pet Welfare, Rescue & Adoption > General Discussion

General Discussion General information and discuss on animal rescue, adoption and advocacy

Old 01-09-2009, 05:28 PM
PetFinder Buddy

ChewChew1987 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Please!!! Need help urgently!!!

A DAMSEL IS IN DISTRESS!!!!

I live in Sunway Damansara, PJ. Whoever lives there will know that there are alot of stray dogs around. They are not causing any problems until...

THE FEMALE IS IN HEAT!!!!

Since the female is in heat, the male dogs from all the places come over to mate with her. The noices and the fights are making alot of people angry. Some even threaten to hire shooters to shoot them down. Oh my god.

I just need to catch the female and send her for spaying. Of course, i will bear all the cost, so don't worry.

Since i don' t want to call MPPJ for help (they can't be trusted), SPCA says they don't have enough manpower to help, so i am here begging help from all the brave rescuers to help this female dog.

Please, whoever knows whoever or whatever organisations that an help me to catch this stray, call me or sms me.

Thanks, and hope to hear from you soon.

Chew
012-2201667
Old 01-13-2009, 07:30 AM
PetFinder Guru

acsyen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Please!!! Need help urgently!!!

Well is the female friendly to humans and most importantly is she friendly to you? If she's not the friendly type, what are your plans to catch her?
Old 01-15-2009, 09:43 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Hi,
Thanks for all the reply and messages. Good news is, the female dog has been caught and brought for spaying. She is now recovering from her operation in Healing Pet Damansara Jaya.

I have Ms Terry and her partner to thank for carrying and transporting her to the vet. Thank you.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:42 PM
PetFinder Guru

mrsdolittle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChewChew1987 View Post
Hi,
Thanks for all the reply and messages. Good news is, the female dog has been caught and brought for spaying. She is now recovering from her operation in Healing Pet Damansara Jaya.

I have Ms Terry and her partner to thank for carrying and transporting her to the vet. Thank you.
Well done Chew... Keep up the good work... God bless you...

...THE DAY I KNOW THE MEANING OF TRUE LOVE, LOYALTY, TRUST AND FRIENDSHIP...
...TIGER IN MEMORY...
Old 01-16-2009, 04:28 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

This calls for a celebration because this is another episode that has a happy ending, like Stripes

Everybody go and get him/herself a big scoop of delicious ice cream!
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 01-16-2009, 04:36 PM
PetFinder Guru

mrsdolittle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
This calls for a celebration because this is another episode that has a happy ending, like Stripes

Everybody go and get him/herself a big scoop of delicious ice cream!
Furkids How are you brother... miss you so much...

Yeah! Chew did a good job there... as for myself, its my call to help the animals no matter what they are...

Where have you been bro?

...THE DAY I KNOW THE MEANING OF TRUE LOVE, LOYALTY, TRUST AND FRIENDSHIP...
...TIGER IN MEMORY...
Old 01-16-2009, 06:09 PM
PetFinder Guru

BellXun is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Please!!! Need help urgently!!!

Good job ChewChew, U did well. . The world need more ppl like you. :)

Just for the effort, I'll buy u a drink. hehehe. Claim it anytime :). soli ah i m poor now so cannot reward ur effort with lobster. so can onli afford a drink. hehe

:)

cheers
Old 01-17-2009, 09:37 PM
PetFinder Buddy

I've spend 3 years trying to catch her..and at last a few days ago someone manage to chain her up and pass her to me. Whew....finally!!!

She is a very smart dog. When she sees pple in uniform (SPCA, MPPJ), she will run at first glance. Then when she sees pple with rope, she will stay far far from you, so we won't be able to rope her.

I do not know how the person who pass me the dog manage to leash her...but i appreciate the help VERY MUCH.

It is a good thing to have her spayed. She has gave birth to many rounds of puppies before. Most of the puppies i have managed to find good owners for them...but some of them....sigh. Two of the pups (a year old) remain in my neighbourhood, a female (spayed) and a male. I do not know where to put them since no one want to adopt them. It is heartbreak for me to see them shivering in the cold rain or sweating under the hot sun.

One of the pups was stolen, i think the pup was either gotten eaten by snakes, monkeys, cambodians, or being washed away in the drain. However, i hope otherwise. Maybe he was adopted by some passerby. Who knows?

One of the pups did not fare well. He was knocked down by a car, and all his legs were broken in half. I remembered it was an earning morning, and raining softly. Then my dad, who was on his way to work called me and said the puppy was knocked down by a blue benz.

I was so scared at that time. Then me and my mom quickly went out to the road there only to see the puppy bleeding and whimpering in pain. All his legs were broken, and the mother dog was also nearby as if she was asking us to help her pup. The sight was really pitiful.

It was still around 7am so the vets are not opened, even i called, no one seem to pick up the damn phone. So we have no choice but to wait till 9am, when the vet open. So my mom used a towel and quickly dig the pup up, along with some mud, because we were afraid of causing her more pain if we touched the pup. We put her in a box, and some neighbour gave her some medicine to sooth the pain (her dog suffered join pain so she has painkiller).

When it is almost 9am, we drove to the vet to see how it is. The doctor unwrapped the towel, only to discover that all 4 limps had completely fell off. The pup was whimpering in pain. So we had no choice but to put her to sleep. She was so young!!! Only a month old!!!

I really hope all the drivers will be more careful when driving.
Old 01-18-2009, 04:30 PM
PetFinder Guru

That is so so sad to hear. all four legs broken, thats horrible. wish it have a better life next life, dont be a stray dog.

From the story i see you have a very supportive family, hope u tresure them well always. Coz for me my, parents dont like me having a dog, even rare-ing a dog i get no encouragement. So not to mention rescuing and fostering dogs, even more impossible for me.

:D
Hope there are more nice people like u in the world, seriously.

PS: the part where cambodians ate the dog was funny. kekeke
Old 01-18-2009, 10:02 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Hmm..not funny actually.

There are some cambodians living in my neighbourhood as hired guards. In their country, dog-eating is part of their lifestlye. Many times i would see some new puppies tied in their house outside the garden, and the next day, the puppy would be gone. The neighbour around also complain about hearing puppy's crying and screaming.

Once i manage to stop one of the pups being eaten as i purchased the pup from them for RM 100. The pup now belongs to a friend of my mom.

I think their superior heard about this and scolded them for it. Will they stop earting dog? I will never be sure.

Stray puppies are everywhere. No one will miss them if they went missing.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:08 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellXun View Post
That is so so sad to hear. all four legs broken, thats horrible. wish it have a better life next life, dont be a stray dog.

From the story i see you have a very supportive family, hope u tresure them well always. Coz for me my, parents dont like me having a dog, even rare-ing a dog i get no encouragement. So not to mention rescuing and fostering dogs, even more impossible for me.

:D
Hope there are more nice people like u in the world, seriously.

shy}
Just rescuing, fostering, and keeping animals are not enough. We need supportive people like you. Thank you for the compliment, hope your family will understand your value one day.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:29 AM
PetFinder Buddy

Dongdong86 is on a distinguished road

Well done fren! i in Sg Long here has managed to catch a mother dog and neuter it. But now she got TVT which is spread seriously in this area. We will give treatment after CNY. hope somebody will adopt her or else we will put it back to original place.

Good news is that all puppies are adopted by UTAR students, one of the puppies is in my house under my strict training and supervision for easy care of new owner.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:48 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Please!!! Need help urgently!!!

GOD!!!! Pity the puppy crying and screaming. If they want to eat why need to torture the puppy?? My area used to have many strays.When the vietnamese came to do some construction work behind our apartment all of sudden the stray dogs gone. My neighbour told me it was the vietnamese people who dognapped the dogs and eat it. We keep reminding our neighbours with dog not to let their dogs roaming around. Some got poodles, Golden Retriever puppy and Jack Russell. Now we are constantly checking out if the vietnamese trying to catnapped the stray cats.aiyoh!! this people are barbarianlah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChewChew1987 View Post
Hmm..not funny actually.

There are some cambodians living in my neighbourhood as hired guards. In their country, dog-eating is part of their lifestlye. Many times i would see some new puppies tied in their house outside the garden, and the next day, the puppy would be gone. The neighbour around also complain about hearing puppy's crying and screaming.

Once i manage to stop one of the pups being eaten as i purchased the pup from them for RM 100. The pup now belongs to a friend of my mom.

I think their superior heard about this and scolded them for it. Will they stop earting dog? I will never be sure.

Stray puppies are everywhere. No one will miss them if they went missing.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:59 PM
PetFinder Guru

Chew Chew: Wow. RM100 for a puppy. aiyor.but its a good act. but very expensive too. hmmmm. To be honest, personally I wont spend such money. stingy me :(. RM50 then i sure will rescue it. :P. but u did good. :)

Evil Cambodians, I belive in Karma. I belive they wil get it back, this life or the next!.

Dong dong: Any tips on how to make a dog more obediant? my puppy is driving me nuts. . it got worse as she grows big. I think its because i manja her too much, but i have no heart to beat her all the time. how how? tips on what strategy u use?

Cheers.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:52 PM
PetFinder Guru

acsyen is on a distinguished road

Go for training classes if you don't know how. Can't be stingy on dog stuff. Better feed your pup good food. And pray she don't fall sick. Cos RM50 will never be enough. Not enough to even spay her.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:22 AM
PetFinder Guru

Cool Re: Please!!! Need help urgently!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acsyen View Post
Go for training classes if you don't know how. Can't be stingy on dog stuff. Better feed your pup good food. And pray she don't fall sick. Cos RM50 will never be enough. Not enough to even spay her.
Kekeke Thinking n looking around for tips on training dogs and looking at cheep dog training classes(couldnt find any cheap ones). Yea u are right, if i think about it, the $$ spent on my dog average more than RM50 a month(food n chew things etc). Hehe dun worry ascyen I dun treat my dog bad de. She eats branded food Royal Canine and Eukanuba, while i eat cheep brand road side nasilemak only. hahaha. Spaying, maybe after chinese new year, duwan other dogs in the neighbourhood raping my puppy. hehe

I seldom/never hear about Catnapped, maybe coz not enough meat compair to dogs. same effort to catch, lesser meat. This topic made me remeber back a video i saw a while back about china's fur trade. those horrible images and sounds still in my head. if u can. so you tube n see it. very very pity dogs. some even have collars. some skinned alive. horrible horrible.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:24 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by acsyen View Post
Hahaha!! BellXun, you listen good to your Tai Kah Cheh, ah!
Quote:
... She eats branded food Royal Canine and Eukanuba, while i eat cheep brand road side nasilemak only.
You can still choose some better but cheap food, my friend, instead of nasi lemak, go for chapati which is whole grained. Scoop lots and lots of dhall at the bottom of the pot, then scoop the carrots and brinjals, they are all free because you only pay for the chapati.
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 01-21-2009, 11:49 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
You can still choose some better but cheap food, my friend, instead of nasi lemak, go for chapati which is whole grained. Scoop lots and lots of dhall at the bottom of the pot, then scoop the carrots and brinjals, they are all free because you only pay for the chapati.
Nolah its just metaphorically. Ofcourse i ate better. sux to be a dog. Day1 - Dog food.................
Day2- Dog food.............
Day3- Dog Food.............
Day4- Dog food+ one grape..............
Day5- Dog food + left over rice + one more grape...............
Day6- Dog food + left over bday cake............
Day7- Dog food + more dog food...............

Imagin asking u to eat sumthing the same EVERYDAY. we really should applaud their determination. kekeke
Old 01-22-2009, 03:54 AM
PetFinder Buddy

Quote:
Kekeke Thinking n looking around for tips on training dogs and looking at cheep dog training classes(couldnt find any cheap ones). Yea u are right, if i think about it, the $$ spent on my dog average more than RM50 a month(food n chew things etc). Hehe dun worry ascyen I dun treat my dog bad de. She eats branded food Royal Canine and Eukanuba, while i eat cheep brand road side nasilemak only. hahaha. Spaying, maybe after chinese new year, duwan other dogs in the neighbourhood raping my puppy. hehe

I seldom/never hear about Catnapped, maybe coz not enough meat compair to dogs. same effort to catch, lesser meat. This topic made me remeber back a video i saw a while back about china's fur trade. those horrible images and sounds still in my head. if u can. so you tube n see it. very very pity dogs. some even have collars. some skinned alive. horrible horrible.
if wan to save money, get a good book from MPH and you will learn a lot of things.

Erm...your these two brands dont pass my evaluation for being quality foods. First, IAMS, brother of Eukanuba, do cruel animal testing on dogs, so dont buy 'sins' for your dog. Second, Royal Canin contain controversial chemical preservatives, somemore the price dont comply with the ingredients. Both of these two brands are too marketing oriented. you dont get wat you pay.

watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32bQPdZSMGQ
Old 01-22-2009, 03:55 AM
PetFinder Buddy

Quote:
Nolah its just metaphorically. Ofcourse i ate better. sux to be a dog. Day1 - Dog food.................
Day2- Dog food.............
Day3- Dog Food.............
Day4- Dog food+ one grape..............
Day5- Dog food + left over rice + one more grape...............
Day6- Dog food + left over bday cake............
Day7- Dog food + more dog food...............

Imagin asking u to eat sumthing the same EVERYDAY. we really should applaud their determination. kekeke
grape seed is not good to dogs, dig it out before feeding