Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Dogs & Puppies

Dogs & Puppies General information and discussions on taking care of your canine buddy

Old 02-16-2009, 11:44 AM
PetFinder Guru

BellXun is on a distinguished road
Post Guana needs a new owner.

Hello all,

This is my appeal to all readers, Can anyone adopt Guana?

In the near future I cannot take care of my dog anymore. Mainly because of my work as that I am not working for a 9-5 job anymore, and I need to travel overseas alot more frequently now with my new job, each trip will be very long. I dont want her to be left alone while I am gone. Since I cannot make more time for her, I think its not right for her to stay.

Its sad to let her go. but she really deserves better home.

She is Neutered, Dewormed, Fully Vaccinated. Very good in guarding the house. and very good as companion. Trainable. Can follow simple instructions.

Please Check out Guana's Profile n picture here:
http://www.petfinder.my/pets/3753/

Well I hope my readers will be supportive, in my decision. If possible please keep attack replies like "you evil dog owner u!!, u shouldnt have got a dog if u know u are going to change ur job!! bla bla" to the minimum. Work change is unforseeable circumstances. It changes my whole environment to have the ability to rare a dog. I love her, thats why I want her to be adopted.(hopefully to a home with other dogs, she is more happy with friends).

Cheers.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:58 PM
Animal Lover

Ferreted is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Guana needs a new owner.

bellxun.. my condolences for guana and congratulations for your new job changes. it should be very good! let us know whats up with her.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:37 AM
PetFinder Guru

Post Re: Guana needs a new owner.

Hehe Thanks Ferreted. Hopefully I can find a good owner for her soon. Hopefully before the 25th feb (which is 8 days later). Hmm. See how it goes. If worse comes to worse maybe i will surrender her to SPCA or PAWS. Hiah.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:35 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

Bell,

Sorry to hear this. If Guana is still not adopted by the deadline, instead of surrendering her to SPCA or PAWS, try asking the fosterer from whom you adopted Guana if she could take Guana back.

It'll be really pitiful if Guana is to be surrendered to SPCA or PAWS as that would be giving her an expiry date!
Old 02-17-2009, 08:23 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Guana needs a new owner.

I agree with Charlene, Bellxun.what happen if no one adopt her after the time frame given by SPCA?? She will be put to sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
Bell,

Sorry to hear this. If Guana is still not adopted by the deadline, instead of surrendering her to SPCA or PAWS, try asking the fosterer from whom you adopted Guana if she could take Guana back.

It'll be really pitiful if Guana is to be surrendered to SPCA or PAWS as that would be giving her an expiry date!
Old 02-17-2009, 10:19 PM
PetFinder Guru

Huh?? Put to sleep?!!!.. I hope not. If they are putting Guana to sleep then i rather let it roam free, atleast its semi trained. Anyway I will contact some of the fosteres in PetFinders and see if they can help. The Owner says she cannot take her back bacause her place is already full. Anyway Hopefully someone adopts her before i go. ohh the dateline 25th feb is the date I have to go outstation for 9 days. then back 6 days. then off to taiwan for 2weeks atleast. Then going China for a week maybe.

busy busy.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:14 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Bell,

No matter what you do, DO NOT let Guana roam free. Imagine the horrors it'll face if a DBKL worker comes across it!!!!

Please try your best, contact the fosterers here, see if someone could help. If worse comes to worst, and there really is no one to take Guana, let me know, and I'll see if I can get some friends to foster it temporarily.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:21 AM
PetFinder Wowwow

vivi is on a distinguished road

Bell,
For the mean time just let Guana stay at ur house until u find a suitable owner for her.
U did mention that ur parent will do the basic thing like feeding her or what rite when u outstation rite?
At least she got a place to stay and eat for sometime.
Have faith.
Don let her roam free and don just simply pass her to any owner just because u r desperate to look for a new owner for her.
Don make urself regret for ur decision.

are ur parent really dislike guana?
i know u r in a difficult situation rite now.
everything try to do step by step. Don rush into decision.

Good Luck and i hope guana will find a good owner.
ps - i wish ur parent will accept and loves guana as u do.
to walk guana or not i don think it's a main matter. At least Guana got a roof over her head and food for her and the main thing is she s not cage.
She still can roam freely around the garage/car porch even though the space are little.

hard decision rite?
still wish the best for u and guana too.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:13 AM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivi View Post
Bell,
For the mean time just let Guana stay at ur house until u find a suitable owner for her.
U did mention that ur parent will do the basic thing like feeding her or what rite when u outstation rite?
At least she got a place to stay and eat for sometime.
Have faith.
Don let her roam free and don just simply pass her to any owner just because u r desperate to look for a new owner for her.
Don make urself regret for ur decision.

are ur parent really dislike guana?
i know u r in a difficult situation rite now.
everything try to do step by step. Don rush into decision.

Good Luck and i hope guana will find a good owner.
ps - i wish ur parent will accept and loves guana as u do.
to walk guana or not i don think it's a main matter. At least Guana got a roof over her head and food for her and the main thing is she s not cage.
She still can roam freely around the garage/car porch even though the space are little.

hard decision rite?
still wish the best for u and guana too.

Haha Sorry u must have misunderstood. Guana dosent roam free on the streets. She can find her way back home. Well if No one wants her I think I will ask my mom to help feed her, and let her out poo and pee without a leash (roam free), just open the door.

One problem is that I dont want to be a bad neighbour., everytime we let her out without a leash she immediately goes to neighbour's front gate to poo and pee. I was actually scolded twice by a neighbour 2 doors down the road, coz she caught guana poo-ing on her propety. thats why i Always leash her, not because she cant dodge cars or will chase people. mainly because she just find the "Best" location to poo all the time.

If I dont let her out, She will bark bark bark bark bark. refuse to pee or poo in the garage. wont until someone lets her out, or wont stop until cannot hold it anymore. Neighbours havent complain about the noise yet, but i know they will be annoyed if guana barks non stop.

mom is not as kind as i am. she will beat her if she dun behave.

Hiah, maybe i am too attached to her. dun feel like contacting the fosterers now. Hmmm. Haih.

Potential Adopters, faster see my posts. Oh buddha bless me.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:35 AM
PetFinder Wowwow

hahaha
best location?
make me think of my own dogs.
anyway good luck.
wish guana can find another favourite spot to poo and pee.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:58 AM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Guana needs a new owner.

Bell, I would be angry too if my neighbour's dog poo/pee in front of my gate.Put yourself in their shoes. What would your reaction if your neighbour's dog did the same thing?? We must be responsible owner.Train her to poo/pee in the proper place instead of somebody's yard. Dogs need exercise.You must bring Guanna for a walk at least once a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellXun View Post
Haha Sorry u must have misunderstood. Guana dosent roam free on the streets. She can find her way back home. Well if No one wants her I think I will ask my mom to help feed her, and let her out poo and pee without a leash (roam free), just open the door.

One problem is that I dont want to be a bad neighbour., everytime we let her out without a leash she immediately goes to neighbour's front gate to poo and pee. I was actually scolded twice by a neighbour 2 doors down the road, coz she caught guana poo-ing on her propety. thats why i Always leash her, not because she cant dodge cars or will chase people. mainly because she just find the "Best" location to poo all the time.

If I dont let her out, She will bark bark bark bark bark. refuse to pee or poo in the garage. wont until someone lets her out, or wont stop until cannot hold it anymore. Neighbours havent complain about the noise yet, but i know they will be annoyed if guana barks non stop.

mom is not as kind as i am. she will beat her if she dun behave.

Hiah, maybe i am too attached to her. dun feel like contacting the fosterers now. Hmmm. Haih.

Potential Adopters, faster see my posts. Oh buddha bless me.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:40 AM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Bell, I would be angry too if my neighbour's dog poo/pee in front of my gate.Put yourself in their shoes. What would your reaction if your neighbour's dog did the same thing?? We must be responsible owner.Train her to poo/pee in the proper place instead of somebody's yard. Dogs need exercise.You must bring Guanna for a walk at least once a day.

Yeap I Agree fully. Thats why i leash her every single time i take her out walking. if she find a "GOOD" location i will giv the leash two jerk, and she will get my point. I tot she learnt by so many nites of not pooing there, once my mom decide to let her roam, she poo at that place again. I was like "HAIH~~~~" . So now decided NEVER to let her out without a leash.

But If I go Travel, mom will let her roam. and i dont like to spoil our family's name. grrr...

Just hope somone nice adopts her.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:59 AM
PetFinder Wowwow

Bell,
try to train like this.
let her roam but make sure u r there to stand guard and bawa rotan but not for u not use to beat her.
When she is smelling that 'best location' stamp ur feet on the ground and use a stern voice and show a little rotan to warn guana.
just repeat few times and c if it will work out.
few of my frens uccessfully trained ther dogs to poo and pee in a special location
hahaha
good luck.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:59 PM
PetFinder Guru

Hahaha unfortunately it wont work. Coz if un-Leash, she will maintain a 1-2 meter distanse from me constantly. even if i use a long stick i also cannot reach her. to leash her back once again i have to squat down n bait her back with snacks. stomp my feet? haha no one would hear it, especially her. show the whipping gesture? then she maintain a 3- 4 meter distance constantly. hahahaha.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:14 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

Bell, you sure Guana is a dog and not a cat? Sounds more like a cat to me ... hahahahaahahaaaaa!!

Bell, unlike cats, dogs CAN be trained to heel and obey commands because they are pack animals. And you need to behave in such a way which makes Guana understand that you are in command.

I think you need to enlist the services of dog whisperess Cheng See pronto, eh? Get some doggy lessons for Guana as well as for yourself.
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies

Last edited by FurKids; 02-19-2009 at 05:19 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:54 PM
PetFinder Wowwow

Kasihan bell.

hahhaaha
and with all the thing u have done and not succesful toward Guana, it proves one thing.
Guana is smarter than u to ignore ur order.
hhahhahaha

Just joking
no hard feeling yea

well really wish u good luck bell
Old 02-20-2009, 01:05 AM
PetFinder Guru

cookie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
Bell, you sure Guana is a dog and not a cat? Sounds more like a cat to me ... hahahahaahahaaaaa!!

Bell, unlike cats, dogs CAN be trained to heel and obey commands because they are pack animals. And you need to behave in such a way which makes Guana understand that you are in command.
Cats can be trained but it needs unlimited patience and immense love.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:27 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Echo that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie View Post
Old 02-20-2009, 09:44 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie View Post
Hehehehhhh!!! Yeah, Cookie, especially the toilet part ... which Guana fails miserably ... eh, BellXun my mate?
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 02-20-2009, 11:50 AM
PetFinder Guru

Well for Guana, its kindda like a win for me but fail for others. Selfish dog, hahaha. She never shits where she sleeps n play. so she will bark n indicate the gate if she wants to go out and poo. So very seldom my garage will stink. hehe. well except sumtimes when i wan to beat her n she becomes scared n pee on the spot. Or sumtimes she drink too much water n cant hold it in anymore. I only lets her out twice a day. Imagin u going to the toilet in the morning and thinking it will be another 12 hours before u can go pee n poo again. tsk tsk tsk. kesian.