Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Dogs & Puppies

Dogs & Puppies General information and discussions on taking care of your canine buddy

Old 06-03-2010, 09:00 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Any way to "skip" quarantine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucidity View Post
Who is Nurul?
Nurul = Felix the Cat.

I wonder, if you phoned (or Skyped) someone at the Jabatan Haiwan before leaving Canada... you could have a friendly chat, ask your questions, talk about your fears, have a virtual teh tarik together over the phone kind of thing.

It might not get your pup excused from quarantine, but at least you'd have the name of someone there, a name which you could drop at the quarantine location. I think it's best all round if they see your dog as belonging to someone who is passionately concerned, who won't hesitate to ring up the officials if there's the slightest problem.

Fingers crossed that all goes well for you both!
Old 06-09-2010, 03:01 AM
Animal Lover

lucidity is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Any way to "skip" quarantine?

Oh, okok. Lol, thanks for clearing that up.

I think I'll try writing them a letter/calling... but my BM is very very veryyyy rusty now. I don't think I can speak fluently anymore =O what a waste of studying in a govt school for 11 years! Haha.

Thanks for all your help, anyway! =D
Old 06-11-2010, 08:29 PM
Animal Lover

immy is on a distinguished road

hi Lucidity,

have u try contacting Mas cargo animal? they're a 6 star hotel at klia..i think they do import/export animals too...i'm not quite sure, but u can check it out.

http://www.maskargo.com/animalhotel/services/import/

GOOD LUCK!

Quote:
Oh, okok. Lol, thanks for clearing that up.

I think I'll try writing them a letter/calling... but my BM is very very veryyyy rusty now. I don't think I can speak fluently anymore =O what a waste of studying in a govt school for 11 years! Haha.

Thanks for all your help, anyway! =D
Old 06-14-2010, 02:19 AM
Animal Lover

Mellissa is on a distinguished road

I brought my dog back from Australia to Malaysia without quarantine -- but I was told that that's because Australia is rabies-free (and a lot of other diseases, apparently) compared to Malaysia. Bringing a dog from Malaysia to Australia is apparently a very long, tedious and painful process.

I'm not sure about Canada, but here in Melbourne we have a company called Jet Pets (and actually a lot more) which will handle everything for you - paperwork, pick-up, etc. It's really worth going through a good transport company because you have the peace of mind knowing that all the documentation is settled and there are no discrepancies. The last thing you want is to be stuck in Customs because you forgot to fill out a form!
Old 06-16-2010, 12:02 PM
Animal Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by immy View Post
hi Lucidity,

have u try contacting Mas cargo animal? they're a 6 star hotel at klia..i think they do import/export animals too...i'm not quite sure, but u can check it out.

http://www.maskargo.com/animalhotel/services/import/

GOOD LUCK!
I actually won't be needing that service.. I'm travelling together with my dog :) But thanks anyway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellissa View Post
I brought my dog back from Australia to Malaysia without quarantine -- but I was told that that's because Australia is rabies-free (and a lot of other diseases, apparently) compared to Malaysia. Bringing a dog from Malaysia to Australia is apparently a very long, tedious and painful process.

I'm not sure about Canada, but here in Melbourne we have a company called Jet Pets (and actually a lot more) which will handle everything for you - paperwork, pick-up, etc. It's really worth going through a good transport company because you have the peace of mind knowing that all the documentation is settled and there are no discrepancies. The last thing you want is to be stuck in Customs because you forgot to fill out a form!
Yeah, Australia is one of the countries on the list that doesn't require quarantine :( There are companies here that help people move their dogs, but it's SO expensive! I called one company and they quoted me something like $1800 (Canadian dollars) to ship my dog back!! Crazy. That's even more expensive than my own air ticket -_-""
Old 09-30-2010, 05:02 PM
Animal Lover

Hi guys, thought I would update you on what's been going on...

I decided to just go through a pet relocation company (www.g-pet.com) and they charged me RM320 to get the import permit for my dog. Yeah, expensive, I know , but my parents are living in Kuantan for now and don't really have to time to go to Putrajaya to get the paperwork done for me so yea.

Everything else is pretty much done--got the export paperwork on the Canadian side... now I have to get my dog home safely, and get out of the quarantine procedure if possible .

He will travel in the plane's cargo hold (EVA Air) and the flight + layovers are almost 24 hours . Feel so sorry for him but oh well, once in a lifetime I guess?

I'm just worried about how he's going to handle being in Malaysia. It's so nice here, everyone either has dogs or LOVE dogs. So many dog beaches, dog parks, hiking trails, etc. I hope we won't be cooped up all day at home once we get back. =(

Do any of you guys know of dog parks in the PJ area?

I'm also going to start agility classes with my dog. I think he will really enjoy it--also, it'll help burn off some of his crazy energy!
Old 09-30-2010, 08:56 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road

Hi, Lucidity! It's good to hear from you again. When do you and your Papillon arrive in Malaysia?

The RM320 you paid the pet relocation company sounds like a bargain when compared to the costs of taking a dog from Malaysia to Australia... Another PF member went down through some of her expenses to do that, not including the quarantine costs, and the numbers were still in the tens of thousands of ringgit. I've forgotten how much, but it was a staggering number.

Sorry, I don't know PJ at all, so I hope others can help you with doggy activities there. I do know that some folks get together for agility/obedience classes at the YMCA padang in Brickfields on Sunday mornings.

I wish you and your pup a safe journey, and may the quarantine period pass quickly and painlessly!

Quote:
Hi guys, thought I would update you on what's been going on...

I decided to just go through a pet relocation company (www.g-pet.com) and they charged me RM320 to get the import permit for my dog. Yeah, expensive, I know , but my parents are living in Kuantan for now and don't really have to time to go to Putrajaya to get the paperwork done for me so yea.

Everything else is pretty much done--got the export paperwork on the Canadian side... now I have to get my dog home safely, and get out of the quarantine procedure if possible .

He will travel in the plane's cargo hold (EVA Air) and the flight + layovers are almost 24 hours . Feel so sorry for him but oh well, once in a lifetime I guess?

I'm just worried about how he's going to handle being in Malaysia. It's so nice here, everyone either has dogs or LOVE dogs. So many dog beaches, dog parks, hiking trails, etc. I hope we won't be cooped up all day at home once we get back. =(

Do any of you guys know of dog parks in the PJ area?

I'm also going to start agility classes with my dog. I think he will really enjoy it--also, it'll help burn off some of his crazy energy!
Old 10-01-2010, 10:20 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

The 1-Utama Central Park in Bandar Utama, PJ has lots of dog owners going over there with their doggies for dog activities i.e. walkies, play sessions, even dog training sessions and dog agility activities too.
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 10-01-2010, 10:08 PM
Animal Lover

immy is on a distinguished road

hi,

thanks for the update, at least next time if anyone needs that service, we know who to look for..
as for park, i was told desa park city is dog friendly, its not that far from PJ too...but personally, i've never been to the park, so cant confirm
Old 10-08-2010, 05:34 AM
Animal Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maneki Neko View Post
Hi, Lucidity! It's good to hear from you again. When do you and your Papillon arrive in Malaysia?

The RM320 you paid the pet relocation company sounds like a bargain when compared to the costs of taking a dog from Malaysia to Australia... Another PF member went down through some of her expenses to do that, not including the quarantine costs, and the numbers were still in the tens of thousands of ringgit. I've forgotten how much, but it was a staggering number.

Sorry, I don't know PJ at all, so I hope others can help you with doggy activities there. I do know that some folks get together for agility/obedience classes at the YMCA padang in Brickfields on Sunday mornings.

I wish you and your pup a safe journey, and may the quarantine period pass quickly and painlessly!
Thanks a million! I really hope he's not gonna be traumatized by everything.. -__-"" I am arriving home on Oct 26th, so really really soon! =O

Lol, I dunno, my parents were complaining that it was expensive to pay someone RM320 just to get the import permit, considering if they did it themselves, they would only have to pay RM5... But oh well, at least I got the forms really quickly.

To everyone else who suggested parks: I heard that both the 1 Utama & Desa Park City parks are very dog friendly. I will definitely check those out! I only live about 10 minutes' drive away from 1 Utama so that would be really convenient.

Anyway, I'm wondering... do you guys know where I can board my dog if I go on vacation? I really don't trust any of my family (they're not dog people) or friends (workaholics!) to take care of my dog, so I think I will have to board him. My brother is graduating from university in Dec so I'll have to fly down to Melbourne with my family. I think I'll be away for 3 weeks at least . Any suggestions?
Old 10-08-2010, 08:29 PM
Gentle Giant

Coony is on a distinguished road

Pet Epicure, Alicia Ling (this lady is an angel) can't think of a better person & place.

Best Maine Coon Cattery in CFA ID Asia/LA since 2004
The only Maine Coon cattery with 3 DM, 3 Top Ten MCO National & produce the most GC/GP (30) & DW (12) in CFA ID Asia/LA
Old 10-09-2010, 11:50 AM
Animal Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coony View Post
Pet Epicure, Alicia Ling (this lady is an angel) can't think of a better person & place.
Thanks for the suggestion! Do you know where she lives?
Old 10-09-2010, 12:23 PM
Gentle Giant

Her place is in Melawati & you can try contacting her at this number 012-331 3318

The only Maine Coon cattery with 3 DM, 3 Top Ten MCO National & produce the most GC/GP (30) & DW (12) in CFA ID Asia/LA
Old 10-11-2010, 05:31 AM
Animal Lover

Quote:
Her place is in Melawati & you can try contacting her at this number 012-331 3318
Thanks so much! :)
Old 10-30-2010, 06:07 PM
Animal Lover

Hi guys! Just wanted to update again... I landed at KLIA on Tuesday and my dog (Cadence) was brought to the quarantine centre there. He has been there for 4 days now and I get to bring him home on next Tuesday! =) Everybody at the airport and quarantine centre are really nice and helpful, so I feel a bit better about leaving Cadence there. The facility is pretty clean and doesn't stink or anything. I have been driving 100km everyday to visit him.

He hates that place of course... he hasn't been eating and vomited a few days ago but besides that he's ok... although he doesn't like the heat. He always seems to be HOT! Think he also caught some fleas but I "revolutioned" him again today so hopefully that works.

He also has some doggie neighbours, one very very adorable maltese next to him who came from USA and 2 show German Shepherd dogs (1 adult and 1 puppy). None of them like being there at all. The GSD puppy sits by the door and whines :(

Anyway, here's a photo I took of Cadence a couple of days ago at the quarantine centre:

Can't wait for tuesday so that i can bring him home already! I feel so sad whenever I leave because he sits by the door and cries/barks. Poor doggy.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:58 PM
Gentle Giant

Your dog is in the exact quarantine quarter where my dog was quarantine when he came in. He never like it too, I go there everyday to at least let him know that he is not been abandon.

Old 10-30-2010, 11:53 PM
PetFinder Buddy

sphinxlover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Lol... -_-"" I tried to come up with a different word for bribe... but you know, bribery is bribery no matter how you put it so.. hehehe.
how about seduce hahahahahah lolz im no english teacher. Where you lived in Canada? Montreal, Quebec, Windsor?
Old 10-31-2010, 02:44 PM
Animal Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphinxlover View Post
how about seduce hahahahahah lolz im no english teacher. Where you lived in Canada? Montreal, Quebec, Windsor?
I lived in Vancouver, BC. It's a super amazing place to live. I'll move back someday... just dunno when. Lol.

Quote:
Your dog is in the exact quarantine quarter where my dog was quarantine when he came in. He never like it too, I go there everyday to at least let him know that he is not been abandon.
The place is so deserted right.. I think my dog feels really lonely there.