Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Hall of Shame

Hall of Shame There are lots of cruel and inconsiderate people out there. Expose their cruel deeds to the world and let them be shamed!

Old 06-02-2009, 11:06 PM
Animal Lover

BerniceW is on a distinguished road
Default Richman's Dog - A Birthday Present turned misery

On 27th May, a very skinny Beagle was sent to a vet in JB in a cage with a very big wound on its back, the wound was so huge can actually fit in a human's fist, most horrible thing was, it was full of maggots.

Dr. Han told the man (a rich man) who sent the Beagle, it was starved and abused, it is very serious animal abused offence abroad, the guy paid RM300-00 and told Dr Han he may not claim back the dog, but will pay for the medication & boarding & left.

Guys, I don think u ever seen a skinny dog like that b4, it is juz like a featherless chicken, and kept using his hind limb sractching his wound.

Worst!!!! It was actually a birthday present to the owner's daughther, wat an insult!!!!

The poor beagle is still in the vet clinic, he is recovering fast & well though, Dr Han is still trying to pursuade the owner to claim back the poor Beagle, which I personally do not agree, he will suffer more if go back to the owner again.

According to Dr Han, he is still an active little fellow, about a year old, I am hoping that he will find a new owner who can give him lots of care & luv instead of going back to his heartless owner again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dsc00035l.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	165.4 KB
ID:	5694   Click image for larger version

Name:	dsc00036t.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	168.6 KB
ID:	5695  

Last edited by BerniceW; 06-02-2009 at 11:10 PM. Reason: change title
Old 06-02-2009, 11:10 PM
PetFinder Guru

Sashy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Richman's Dog - A Birthday Present turned misery

Both of them are horrid people, I hope they get what they deserve. Perhaps Dr Han can just go find a better home for the beagle, a lot of ppl will want it, just get someone DECENT this time round
Old 06-03-2009, 12:11 AM
Animal Lover

kiki2006 is on a distinguished road

Hope this poor dog found a better owner, pls dun let him go back to his horrid owner.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:19 AM
Animal Lover

I always beleive, there is no bad dog, only bad owner.

Last edited by kiki2006; 06-03-2009 at 12:20 AM. Reason: change phrasing
Old 06-03-2009, 12:38 AM
PetFinder Guru

daRLing is an unknown quantity at this point

CRUEL,pity the dog
Old 06-03-2009, 08:24 AM
PetFinder Buddy

azris is on a distinguished road

My heart goes out to the poor dog...yes its owner might be rich..unfortunately he has 'no heart'.....and that has made him 'poorer' that anyone else....

i hope the dog will get well soon and his cruel heartless owner will get his 'payback' anytime from now...
Old 06-03-2009, 08:36 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Never give a pet as a present ... give teddy bear or chocolates instead ...

I have seen this happen 3 times with a filthy rich neighbour - he bought a puppy for his kid 3 times ... the first he tried to throw out on the streets when his kid (or maybe he himself fancied another cuter toy dog as many adults actually buy presents for their kids that they actually want for themselves) saw another cute toy dog pup in the pet shop but upon protests from a dog loving neighbour living opposite him, he put it to sleep.

The second toy dog puppy stopped being cute to him soon enough and he started to neglect it (neighbours stopped seeing him taking the puppy out to poo at a playground corner). The puppy started wandering around in the street.

He bought the 3rd toy dog puppy because he said the 2nd one was naughty and always disappeared from the house. Soon the 2nd puppy really disappeared.

Now I only see his maid taking the 3rd pup to the playground to poo.

... and no prizes for guessing what the fate of the 3rd pup is going to be ....

... and that is why people are actually advised NEVER to give a pet as a present ... buy a teddy bear or some chocolates instead ...
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies

Last edited by FurKids; 06-03-2009 at 08:42 AM.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:39 AM
PetFinder Guru

Sashy is on a distinguished road

SPCA should really do something about irresponsible owners like this
Old 06-03-2009, 09:05 AM
Animal Lover

Ban Richman from buying pets!!!!!!!!

Like 1 of the PF
member said, they r not toy, Richman can afford to buy expensive toy & when they got fed up, they will juz ignore them & can afford to throw away their pets, so irresponsible.....................................

Wat kind of richman, they r poorer than the poor!!!!!!!
Old 06-03-2009, 09:21 AM
Animal Lover

Almost everyday, there are dogs & cat dump at Dr. Han's clinic, 2 beautifull cats being dumped there for 3 months alrdy (in the cage), also from rich family, another cute mongrel puppy also (alrdy adopted by H O P E, JB).

Last edited by BerniceW; 06-03-2009 at 09:23 AM. Reason: wrong spelling
Old 06-03-2009, 09:39 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Put to sleep the irresponsible owners ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashy View Post
SPCA should really do something about irresponsible owners like this
Yeah, Sashy, like put them to sleep ... the world certainly doesn't need humans like this, they are the actual nuisance on this earth, never the animals.
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 06-03-2009, 11:30 AM
PetFinder Wowwow

vivi is on a distinguished road

What a horrid horrid man.
Hope god will teach that beagle's owner a very very good leson.
Poor dog.
Hope the dog will never ever need to return to that horrid family.
Hope somebody will treat him back the way he treated the dog.
stupid stupid richman.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:47 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Richman's Dog - A Birthday Present turned misery

Take their children and dump somewhere else or kidnap this rich people and dump them in the jungle. Padan muka

They are rich equal to educated people but what they did is barbaric and brainless

I'm so angry until I want to punch on something. If you shove me their face,I'll punch as hard possible.Benci!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why rich people behaving such way?? They have the privilege i.e money. They can do many things with lots of money to do good deed to animal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniceW View Post
Almost everyday, there are dogs & cat dump at Dr. Han's clinic, 2 beautifull cats being dumped there for 3 months alrdy (in the cage), also from rich family, another cute mongrel puppy also (alrdy adopted by H O P E, JB).
Old 06-03-2009, 03:58 PM
Banned

ashleywong is on a distinguished road

Hi

this is indeed sad - and such shameful behaviour.

we all hope that this beagle can find a new loving home soon where he'd be safe and happy.

perhaps dr hans can get that owner to sign a written confirmation/declaration that he is disowning the dog and is giving the dog away to whoever wants it but is willing to pay for all medical feels and boarding fees at the clinic until the dog is healed or adopted, whichever comes first.

you'd never know when this rich man might be spiteful and turn around and claimed that people "stole' his dog.

i hope dr han took photos of the dog's injuries when it was brought it so there is documented evidence of the abuse and neglect suffered by this dog at the hands of its owner.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:21 PM
Animal Lover

[B]His Owner took him back liao!!!!![/B] Dr Han has no choice but to renturn to him, the owner claimed that he found summone to adopt him, I really hope he is telling the truth, poor thing, I still cannot forget his wound, and his skinny body...........
Old 06-03-2009, 05:26 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road

It's too late to help this poor beagle, but now I wonder, what is the law in Malaysia?

In many countries, the vet would have been legally within his rights to a) seize the dog and b) report the abusive/neglectful owner to the police. A severely underweight animal with an untreated, maggot-infested wound would be clear evidence of criminal neglect.

Is that the situation here in Malaysia?
Old 06-03-2009, 10:09 PM
Banned

ashleywong is on a distinguished road

Maneki Neko

sorry to dissapoint you but we're still in the stone age (or maybe ice age - dinosour age) when it comes to animal welfare, animal rights.

there are many passionate and dedicated animal right activitis, rescuers, fosterers, animal lovers but our voices are scattered cos our voice is individual voice not collective. if we all stand up collectively in the same voice with the same aim and marching towards the same result and action, maybe we can make a difference?

a dump idealist thought of mine - hoping that this would become reality one day, maybe not in my lifetime but one day, of course the sooner the better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maneki Neko View Post
It's too late to help this poor beagle, but now I wonder, what is the law in Malaysia?

In many countries, the vet would have been legally within his rights to a) seize the dog and b) report the abusive/neglectful owner to the police. A severely underweight animal with an untreated, maggot-infested wound would be clear evidence of criminal neglect.

Old 06-05-2009, 05:59 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

this is the law........

How to report or give information on incident of cruelty to animals to the Department of Veterinary Services

Send your complaint on incident of cruelty to animals to the Director of Enforcement in the Headquarters or the Chief of Enforcement Branch/Unit in the State/Federal Territory level by the following means:-

 present yourself at the respective office;
 telephone;
 e-mail; or
 written letter

List of Addresses and Telephone Numbers of Department of Veterinary Services for reporting or giving information on incident of cruelty to animals:

http://www.moa.gov.my/jph/dvs/enforc...l-cruelty.html
http://www.moa.gov.my/jph/indexnew.html

Amongst others, the Department lists these information on its official website:

PREVENTION OF CRUELTY TO ANIMALS

Examples of cruelty to animals:

o failure to supply sufficient food and water to confined animals;
o failure to send injured, sick or wounded animals for treatment by a veterinary doctor in a government or private clinic;
o cruelly beat an animal;
o splash hot oil or water onto a cat that is searching for food;
o bury or burn alive young chicks to cut costs during a glut in supply;
o using cruel methods to slaughter or kill an animal for human consumption;
o cock fighting or baiting.

An act of cruelty to animals is an offence under Section 44(1), Animals Ordinance 1953.

Interpretation of “animal” means any living creature other than a human being and includes any beast, bird, fish, reptile or insect, whether wild or tame.

Officer empowered to act : Any veterinary authority appointed under section 3(3) of the Animals Ordinance 1953.

Action will be taken within the period of 48 hours upon receiving complaint (not inclusive of public holidays or weekends).

Objectives of the Department

• To prevent, control and eradicate animal and zoonotic diseases
• To promote the growth and development of a sound animal industry
• To ensure that foods of animal origin are clean, wholesome and fit for human consumption
• To promote the growth and development of the animal feeds industry
• To ensure the welfare and well being of all animals

No Telefon Am. : 03-88702000
Department Of Veterinary Services,
Wisma Tani, Podium Block
Lot 4G1, Precinct 4
62630 Putrajaya
Tel : (603) 8870 2000
Fax : (603) 8888 6021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maneki Neko View Post

Old 06-05-2009, 06:30 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road

Thank you, Blackie Bond! I figured there had to be some law against animal abuse/neglect on the books, even if it's inconsistently enforced.

What breaks my heart is that the vet is in fact an "Officer empowered to act", yet he seemed to feel unable to do anything but return the poor beagle to its abuser.

BerniceW, can you bring this to the vet's attention for the future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
this is the law........

How to report or give information on incident of cruelty to animals to the Department of Veterinary Services

Send your complaint on incident of cruelty to animals to the Director of Enforcement in the Headquarters or the Chief of Enforcement Branch/Unit in the State/Federal Territory level by the following means:-

 present yourself at the respective office;
 telephone;
 e-mail; or
 written letter

List of Addresses and Telephone Numbers of Department of Veterinary Services for reporting or giving information on incident of cruelty to animals:

http://www.moa.gov.my/jph/dvs/enforc...l-cruelty.html
http://www.moa.gov.my/jph/indexnew.html

Amongst others, the Department lists these information on its official website:

PREVENTION OF CRUELTY TO ANIMALS

Examples of cruelty to animals:

o failure to supply sufficient food and water to confined animals;
o failure to send injured, sick or wounded animals for treatment by a veterinary doctor in a government or private clinic;
o cruelly beat an animal;
o splash hot oil or water onto a cat that is searching for food;
o bury or burn alive young chicks to cut costs during a glut in supply;
o using cruel methods to slaughter or kill an animal for human consumption;
o cock fighting or baiting.

An act of cruelty to animals is an offence under Section 44(1), Animals Ordinance 1953.

Interpretation of “animal” means any living creature other than a human being and includes any beast, bird, fish, reptile or insect, whether wild or tame.

Officer empowered to act : Any veterinary authority appointed under section 3(3) of the Animals Ordinance 1953.

Action will be taken within the period of 48 hours upon receiving complaint (not inclusive of public holidays or weekends).

Objectives of the Department

• To prevent, control and eradicate animal and zoonotic diseases
• To promote the growth and development of a sound animal industry
• To ensure that foods of animal origin are clean, wholesome and fit for human consumption
• To promote the growth and development of the animal feeds industry
• To ensure the welfare and well being of all animals

No Telefon Am. : 03-88702000
Department Of Veterinary Services,
Wisma Tani, Podium Block
Lot 4G1, Precinct 4
62630 Putrajaya
Tel : (603) 8870 2000
Fax : (603) 8888 6021
Old 06-07-2009, 09:39 PM
Animal Lover

Thanks Blackie007 for your information, & Maneki Neko, I will let the Vet know about this.

Last edited by BerniceW; 06-07-2009 at 09:41 PM. Reason: to rephrase