Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Dogs & Puppies

Dogs & Puppies General information and discussions on taking care of your canine buddy

Old 01-15-2011, 10:09 PM
Animal Lover

karendc is on a distinguished road
Default Looking for a Jack Russel Terrrier puppy

Checking with all who has contacts to get a JRT puppy. Do not necessary has to be with MKA/certs. A normal and healthy puppy from healthy parents would be sufficient. Anyone who is a homebreeder can contact me. I have been searching around and most of them is with MKA and cost over RM1500. Hope there is one less than RM1K, thanks.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:56 AM
Animal Lover

Scoop is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Looking for a Jack Russel Terrrier puppy

Karen

You may contact Pat Nathan of Klang. Google his name and contact here:-

http://www.adpost.com/my/pets/dogs/

I bought my JRT from him at the cost of RM350.00 purebred.

Hope you are lucky that he has some new pups from his breeding pair.

Cheers

Darren
Old 01-16-2011, 02:57 PM
Animal Lover

Hi Darren,

Thanks for the help. Just contacted Pat but he said that his JRT puppies are sold at around RM650, not RM350. But its still cheaper than others. However, he just sold off one batch. Will have to wait another 2-4 months.

Thanks again.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:14 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by karendc View Post
Just contacted Pat but he said that his JRT puppies are sold at around RM650, not RM350. But its still cheaper than others. However, he just sold off one batch. Will have to wait another 2-4 months.
Hi, Karen -- something you wrote caught my attention. Scoop mentioned that Pat has "a breeding pair." You said that he'd just sold off one litter and is expecting another in 2-4 months.

My concern is this: If he does in fact have one bitch and is breeding her at every heat cycle, her health is very questionable. It may be that he actually has a few adult JRTs and is breeding them at reasonable intervals, but no bitch should bear more than one litter every year, or even longer.

The following is from http://www.pgaa.com/canine/general/kennelvisit.html -- an article on selecting a good breeder...
Frequency of Litters
Question: How often do you have litters?

Expected Answer: A frequency that does not seems too taxing for the breeder and his facilities. Each litter requires tremendous amounts of time to raise pups to 8-12 weeks in good health, in a home environment, to socialize to people, to start house training and training conditioning, etc. A good pet isn't produced by accident.

Red Light - Answers that show too many pups for the breeder to raise properly. Also, beware of breeders who are producing pups so quickly that the breeder could become "burned out", and be out of the breeding business when you need future help. Beware of breeders who produce litters more than three times a year, or breeders who sell all of the puppies from every litter. These breeders have no idea of the positive or negative features of their puppies as they grow to old age. Consider carefully breeders who have multiple litters on the ground at one time. Some breeders do plan two litters at a time as insurance if one bitch can't mother, so this may be less of a red light in certain situations. Be sure to ask why there are multiple litters.

Green Light - Breeders who breed for themselves and keep at lease one puppy from a litter. Their kennel name appears in the puppy's pedigree. No breeder can keep everything they breed, but each puppy is raised as if they were the pick of the litter. Breeders who breed for show quality puppies, and take their breeding into the show ring to evaluate the success of their matings. Puppies with champions in the first three generations of the pedigree.

Even if you don't care about show-quality, you do want a happy, healthy puppy, right? That requires a healthy dam, and if she's bearing puppies every few months, she is NOT healthy. Again, this may not be the case, but it's a question worth asking.

Good luck!
Old 01-17-2011, 09:41 AM
Animal Lover

Scoop is on a distinguished road

Karen

Do not pay him what he has quoted because the last time I called him was last year as I intended to get another one to be the companion of my existing dog (spayed of cos)the price is RM350.00 for a female and RM400.00 for a male. I do not believe in breeding dogs.

I got mine from him around 2 1/2 years back so make sure you do not pay more than what I have stated.

Sometimes prices do fluctuate due to supply and demand but in any event, make sure you get a good bargain and do not show the breeders you are so keen in getting one from them, if not you will get them at a high price.

Good luck on your seraching.

Darren
Old 01-17-2011, 02:34 PM
Animal Lover

Thanks Maneki for your kind advise. Will keep this in mind. Of course, I would not want to have a unhealthy puppy that will give me so much issue later on.
Thanks again Darren.
Have managed to contact someone, but still waiting as the puppies are still very small.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:15 PM
PetFinder Buddy

abuldotcom is on a distinguished road

Hi,

there's a pet shop at Subang 2, near Subang Aiport that sell JRT for only 450 not sure the gender..... i went there and the dog is over excited to look somebody other than the shop owner.

this pet shop does not sell live animal normally(except fish), but now he have. PM me if you want the details of the shop.

hope you'll find what you want.

TQ
Old 01-24-2011, 08:02 PM
PetFinder Guru

acsyen is on a distinguished road

Would you consider adopting a JRT instead of buying one?
Old 02-08-2011, 02:53 PM
The Shih Tzu Heiress

shizuka is on a distinguished road

hmmm...my nose is so sensitive or is it just me? i can smell the overpowering odour of backyard breeder.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:36 PM
Animal Lover

enzo1211 is on a distinguished road

After reading all the comments, I did went to Pat@Nathan dog breeding farm at Klang. Pat wasn't there but the workers showed me their JRT breeding pair. Father seems to be quite handsome, but mother don't know how to check, for me just looked normal. BTW thumbs up for their German Shepard