Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens

Cats & Kittens General information and discussions on taking care of your feline buddy

Old 07-17-2013, 01:50 AM
Animal Lover

wonder is on a distinguished road
Default Need advices on aggresive cat

Hi,

My brother adopted a kitten about 4 months ago and her name is kitty when she's a month old according to the vet that I took her to. When we first took her in she would bit, scrached and acted aggresive toward us, we thought probably because she's afraid of stranger and got seperated from her mother. After a month she started to gain our trust and sort of got tamed, we would play with our hands and she would still bit and scrached us. After some research we knew that's wrong to play with our hand as little kittens know no limmitation unless they are taught by their mother and learn that if they grew up with their sibilings. Lesson learnd, we stopped playing with her with our hands and everything was cool for a while then about a month ago she began to act aggresivly towards us which is in a playful way sometimes as i knew she's growing up and learning her hunting skills.
We tried numerous methods to try to stop her aggresive behavior. Such as say no and ignored her for 15 minutes or so, but it turns out she became even more aggresive. Then we tried to say no and put her away to places that're away from us and ignore her and that doesn't help either. We tried to say no to her and lock her up in her cage and release her, it doesn't help too. Then we try to isolate her for awhile in her cage to cool her off but she kept meowing and scream-meowing to a point that i think my neighbour would thought that we had tortured her which is not true. We can't tolerent her aggresive behavior because i have a brother's physical condition are kind of fragile(specifically the leg's fresh would be torn off easily) and susceptible to germs, virus etc.

If we can't find a solution then our last and worst solution would be have to give her away, please advice :(

Last edited by wonder; 07-17-2013 at 01:57 AM.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:24 PM
Animal Lover

tomato_wardrobe is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Need advices on aggresive cat

Hi,

Is she spayed? A lot of online resources say the kitten will mellow down after being spayed. Hope it helps
Old 07-30-2013, 01:27 PM
PetFinder Buddy

graceccy87 is on a distinguished road

I heard using laser point pen to play help. It disassociate u with the object to attack...

My kitten also very aggressive so now I take her to a walk everyday for 30 minutes to cool off... Work for me but my taman is quite animal friendly and safe and she on leash.
Old 10-06-2013, 01:21 AM
Animal Lover

ilovecats is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I strongly advice you to watch 'my cat from hell'. You can just google it if you do not subscribe the animal planet channel. You can watch them and find those aggressive cats tht promote similar behavior as your cat does.
Basically from what ive learnt is that PLAYING is the most important part to create a bond with your cat. Playing with toys that are interactive ( such as teasers) everyday for at least 15 minutes will have you notice the changes in your cat.

Please do not lose hope in ur cat.