Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens > Training & Behavioral Issues

Training & Behavioral Issues Does your cat have an attitude, or just simply refuses to listen to you? Share it with your peers here and learn more about a cat's behavior and training methods

Old 09-04-2008, 11:35 AM

Default My Cat Keeps Opening My Wardrobe!

These past 2 days, Blackie has developed a penchant for sitting inside my wardrobe. The 1st time, I saw my wardrobe door ajar (it's the sliding door type) and so shut it. Later, my hubby and I heard scraping sounds but couldn't find the source. Then, when I was about to go out and needed to change my clothes, I discovered him sitting inside the wardrobe, on top of my folded jeans.

At first, I thought my hubby left the door open but he denied it. Since then, we've caught him opening the door several times and going inside to lepak on my jeans. This morning, he came in and opened the door at 7am! I picked him up and put him outside my room, and within a few minutes, he came in and opened the door again!!!

Even as I type this, I could hear him opening my wardrobe door again!! Let me go and 'evict' him first............aarrgghhh!

Why does he like to open my drawers and now, my wardrobe????!!
Old 09-04-2008, 12:42 PM

he!!he!!he! I have this problem everyday single day with my cats Charlene.I think maybe the wardrobe is cooling and soothing inside.My husband and I go to work with cat's fur all over our shirt/pants/socks.They can open the wardrobe by themselves even after I put on the latch.cats of the millenium.hmm!! Now I get them 1 wardrobe just for them so they don't kacau our wardrobe.

These past 2 days, Blackie has developed a penchant for sitting inside my wardrobe. The 1st time, I saw my wardrobe door ajar (it's the sliding door type) and so shut it. Later, my hubby and I heard scraping sounds but couldn't find the source. Then, when I was about to go out and needed to change my clothes, I discovered him sitting inside the wardrobe, on top of my folded jeans.

At first, I thought my hubby left the door open but he denied it. Since then, we've caught him opening the door several times and going inside to lepak on my jeans. This morning, he came in and opened the door at 7am! I picked him up and put him outside my room, and within a few minutes, he came in and opened the door again!!!

Even as I type this, I could hear him opening my wardrobe door again!! Let me go and 'evict' him first............aarrgghhh!

Old 09-04-2008, 12:45 PM

Default Re: My Cat Keeps Opening My Wardrobe!

he's a james bond kitty so what do you expect?

i guess it's because blackie likes the coziness in the wardrobe so he like being in there...
even my babies feel comfortable sleeping or just simple sitting in a plastic bag or any type of open bag!
as long as they're happy and not making a mess out of that space..
but if you don't like blackie sitting in your wardrobe becuase of hir or anything then you better stop him now before he thinks it's ok for him to do that...\like the wardrobe place is his mojo jojo or something...
Old 09-04-2008, 12:55 PM

he!!he!!he! I have this problem everyday single day with my cats Charlene.I think maybe the wardrobe is cooling and soothing inside.My husband and I go to work with cat's fur all over our shirt/pants/socks.They can open the wardrobe by themselves even after I put on the latch.cats of the millenium.hmm!! Now I get them 1 wardrobe just for them so they don't kacau our wardrobe.
wah! your cats love your wardrobe, too?! but isn't the insides of the wardrobe stuffy? hahaha, they have their own wardrobe now? good idea, but my home is small, no place for an additional wardrobe for them leh.....

he's a james bond kitty so what do you expect?

i guess it's because blackie likes the coziness in the wardrobe so he like being in there...
even my babies feel comfortable sleeping or just simple sitting in a plastic bag or any type of open bag!
as long as they're happy and not making a mess out of that space..
but if you don't like blackie sitting in your wardrobe becuase of hir or anything then you better stop him now before he thinks it's ok for him to do that...\like the wardrobe place is his mojo jojo or something...
it's not so much hair that i'm concerned about -- all my clothes has his hair as i pick him and carry him whenever i'm at home. it's more to do with me being lazy to iron my jeans all over again when i need to wear them....he crumples them up!
Old 09-04-2008, 01:08 PM

my cats like to go into drawers coz they're nosy and always getting into everyone's business. plus i think they suspect i hide yummy things from them in there so they must investigate!
my cats, except for coco, like to sleep in wardrobes too, especially ninja fatty. he always jumps in when i open the door and he settles down on all my clean clothes. actually it looks cosy in there. i think if i was a cat i'd like to sleep in there too. he likes it when i close the door and will stay in there for HOURS sleeping. if i try to carry him out he will yowl loudly in protest and even growl! sometimes i forget he's in there and look for him everywhere. he opens the door by pushing with his nose and then squeezing his tubby body through the gap.
i go to work looking like a lunatic most days... cat hair on my pants and shirts.. once i even found a cat hair in my mouth.. at work!
Old 09-04-2008, 02:26 PM

my cats like to go into drawers coz they're nosy and always getting into everyone's business. plus i think they suspect i hide yummy things from them in there so they must investigate!
my cats, except for coco, like to sleep in wardrobes too, especially ninja fatty. he always jumps in when i open the door and he settles down on all my clean clothes. actually it looks cosy in there. i think if i was a cat i'd like to sleep in there too. he likes it when i close the door and will stay in there for HOURS sleeping. if i try to carry him out he will yowl loudly in protest and even growl! sometimes i forget he's in there and look for him everywhere. he opens the door by pushing with his nose and then squeezing his tubby body through the gap.
i go to work looking like a lunatic most days... cat hair on my pants and shirts.. once i even found a cat hair in my mouth.. at work!
oh yeah, cats are nosy. mine sticks his nose into every grocery bags when i come home from shopping. and when my hubby comes home from work, he'll stand in his way, and sniff my hubby's briefcase and laptop bag thoroughly before allowing my hubby to walk inside our home. my mum calls that 'walking through the custom checkpoint', hehehe.

i don't mind looking like i had taken a bath in cat hair, but still haven't got used to wearing clothes that look like i had slept in them....so i have to re-iron them, which is something i'm kind of lazy to do....i'm not big on household chores.

blackie actually stands up on his hind legs and open the wardrobe door with his 2 front paws. for lighter things like curtains, he'll part the curtain with 1 front paw before he walks behind it and jumps up and sits on the ledge.

hmm.....maybe i'll charge my camera's battery and take a shot of that when i catch him in action again.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:58 PM

my cats are nosy a lot!!! they sniff my shopping bag,my briefcase and jumped into the wardrobe the moment I open it.Stuck their inside my handbag.

Last nite I snapped Tomtom, Peterpan and Pokemon busy body sniff and inspect my wardrobe again when I opened it to take my baju.

oh yeah, cats are nosy. mine sticks his nose into every grocery bags when i come home from shopping. and when my hubby comes home from work, he'll stand in his way, and sniff my hubby's briefcase and laptop bag thoroughly before allowing my hubby to walk inside our home. my mum calls that 'walking through the custom checkpoint', hehehe.

i don't mind looking like i had taken a bath in cat hair, but still haven't got used to wearing clothes that look like i had slept in them....so i have to re-iron them, which is something i'm kind of lazy to do....i'm not big on household chores.

blackie actually stands up on his hind legs and open the wardrobe door with his 2 front paws. for lighter things like curtains, he'll part the curtain with 1 front paw before he walks behind it and jumps up and sits on the ledge.

hmm.....maybe i'll charge my camera's battery and take a shot of that when i catch him in action again.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:01 PM

he develops a sense of fashion taste....
want to see what you have there..
your wardrobe must be very colourful.............nice aroma.....

or maybe he wants attention
as in to make you happy
open wardrobe - wah you smile and see him sitting there to greet you "meow"

or eh is lazy - he knows that you carry him from where he is.....
Old 09-04-2008, 03:08 PM

when anyone enters my house, fat fat and oscar will smell their shoes and feet
Old 09-04-2008, 03:10 PM

good for you!! mine,run as fast as they can and hide under the kitchen cabinet and under the bed

Old 09-04-2008, 03:18 PM

my cats are nosy a lot!!! they sniff my shopping bag,my briefcase and jumped into the wardrobe the moment I open it.Stuck their inside my handbag.

Last nite I snapped Tomtom, Peterpan and Pokemon busy body sniff and inspect my wardrobe again when I opened it to take my baju.
Err, sorry, I'm a bit confused here....u snapped a picture of tomtom, pp and pokemon sniffing and inspecting your wardrobe? or u snapped at them?

Originally Posted by vivienlpl View Post
he develops a sense of fashion taste....
want to see what you have there..
your wardrobe must be very colourful.............nice aroma.....

or maybe he wants attention
as in to make you happy
open wardrobe - wah you smile and see him sitting there to greet you "meow"

or eh is lazy - he knows that you carry him from where he is.....
Wah, vivien, so poetic ah....

but yeah, this afternoon i was thinking maybe he wanted attention....this morning he wanted to play with me, jumped up on my bed at 7am, pulled my hair, and then when i shooed him away, he jumped and pounced my legs, my body and everywhere else. i ignored him and that's when he went and opened the wardrobe. i had to get up, removed him, and went back to sleep, and in he came again....

my cat will sniff the chair/sofa where my guests sat after they have left!
Old 09-04-2008, 03:51 PM

wakakakakakak!! sorilah Charlene.I nak type cepat2 smp tak betul2 taip.nak pulang cepat punya pasal.wakakakak!! I snapped at them ler.kacau saja.nanti jatuh my barang2 susah lagi nak susun.mama marah nih!!

Err, sorry, I'm a bit confused here....u snapped a picture of tomtom, pp and pokemon sniffing and inspecting your wardrobe? or u snapped at them?

Wah, vivien, so poetic ah....

but yeah, this afternoon i was thinking maybe he wanted attention....this morning he wanted to play with me, jumped up on my bed at 7am, pulled my hair, and then when i shooed him away, he jumped and pounced my legs, my body and everywhere else. i ignored him and that's when he went and opened the wardrobe. i had to get up, removed him, and went back to sleep, and in he came again....

my cat will sniff the chair/sofa where my guests sat after they have left!
Old 09-04-2008, 03:55 PM

wakakakakakak!! sorilah Charlene.I nak type cepat2 smp tak betul2 taip.nak pulang cepat punya pasal.wakakakak!! I snapped at them ler.kacau saja.nanti jatuh my barang2 susah lagi nak susun.mama marah nih!!
huhuhu, my favourite PP kena snap jugak ah....
wah, nak pulang cepat2? can pulang skrg ka? not even 4pm yet! envy u lah....
Old 09-04-2008, 04:04 PM

puasa month 4pm can go home.but need to finish all my work first before I go.Raininglah here.

PP must rotan him if possible.very naugthy.he thinks he can get away with anything.

huhuhu, my favourite PP kena snap jugak ah....
wah, nak pulang cepat2? can pulang skrg ka? not even 4pm yet! envy u lah....
Old 09-04-2008, 04:08 PM

puasa month 4pm can go home.but need to finish all my work first before I go.Raininglah here.

PP must rotan him if possible.very naugthy.he thinks he can get away with anything.
OIC, so u start work at 8am? my hubby says the muslim staff in his office starts work at 8:30am and goes home at 4:30pm puasa month, leaving only him and his boss in the whole office, hahaha!!

it's raining here, too. i think there's going to be a bad, bad jam leh....safe driving ya, and happy buka puasa. don't rotan PP lah.....come, PP, come to mama charlene, mama protect u...
Old 09-04-2008, 04:13 PM
Tok Penghulu

Penghulu is on a distinguished road

U know blackie...cats got these sensing that human dont have...
Bau Brand New Notes..kat dalam almari tuh...cuba kau cari...maybe your hubby keep it to surprised you during this ani...hahaha

MJ
Old 09-04-2008, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Penghulu View Post
U know blackie...cats got these sensing that human dont have...
Bau Brand New Notes..kat dalam almari tuh...cuba kau cari...maybe your hubby keep it to surprised you during this ani...hahaha
hahahaha....penghulu, my hubby not that romantic lah....klu nak bagik duit, dia bagik terus....klu nak bagik rose....terus pigi beli rose plant kat nursery, give u a pot not a bouquet! no surprises, hehe.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:42 PM

aiyo.. i wish i can go back early... but everyday also go back at 9pm... uwaaaaa.................

must be got lots of treasures inside da wardrobe... ehehehhe
Old 09-04-2008, 05:29 PM

yes,I start working at 8am.no lunch break.4pm can go home already. for your info,all travel agent will be very quiet during ramadhan.no movement except booking for Hari Raya. so I buat kerja backlog.the one that been in my drawer for so long tp takde masa nak buat.so this is the time to do spring cleaning.he!he!!

My office and house takes only 20 minutes.very near.he!!he!!he!! Skrg ni dah ada kat rmh while I'm writing this post PP kena kurung dlm cage.nakal sgt.

OIC, so u start work at 8am? my hubby says the muslim staff in his office starts work at 8:30am and goes home at 4:30pm puasa month, leaving only him and his boss in the whole office, hahaha!!

it's raining here, too. i think there's going to be a bad, bad jam leh....safe driving ya, and happy buka puasa. don't rotan PP lah.....come, PP, come to mama charlene, mama protect u...
Old 09-04-2008, 06:33 PM

yes,I start working at 8am.no lunch break.4pm can go home already. for your info,all travel agent will be very quiet during ramadhan.no movement except booking for Hari Raya. so I buat kerja backlog.the one that been in my drawer for so long tp takde masa nak buat.so this is the time to do spring cleaning.he!he!!

My office and house takes only 20 minutes.very near.he!!he!!he!! Skrg ni dah ada kat rmh while I'm writing this post PP kena kurung dlm cage.nakal sgt.
oh, so this would be a low season to travel?

your office is only 20 minutes from your home? wa lau eh. where is your office? u r so lucky. my hubby takes 1.5 hours to get home....he's based in Cyberjaya, though his HQ is at Damansara Perdana. Too bad can't turn it the other way round...DP not that far from Kepong.