Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > PetFinder Lounge > Tech & Computers > Tech Lounge

Tech Lounge Everything Tech and gadgets. Discuss latest news.

Old 06-27-2010, 12:23 AM
~feline attaché

nurkasih is on a distinguished road
Default ZAGG invisibleSHIELD..pembalut laptop/phone

Lain sikit dari Kekucingan..

Nie saya jumpa satu produk untuk balut laptop/phone/GPS and many more lah.. Dulu ada jugak dengar2 tapi tak tahu betul2 apa nama brand dier.. nieh hari nie terjumpa.. Memang ganas.. kalau letak untuk screen protector, tengok youtube dia, takkan calar dengan apa sekalipun.. bukan takat screen dia cover..sampai belakang laptop semua.. tapi tak tahulah dekat malaysia ada ke tak... tapi excited nieh..

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/features.php

Military grade patented material engineered for your specific device
Unique properties provide self-healing qualities
Helps reduce the appearance of fingerprint smudges and smears
Includes free lifetime replacement warranty for the life of your device
Trusted worldwide with over 7 million invisibleSHIELDs sold
45 day money back guarantee

edit:

ada upanya di malaysia
http://www.dewrappers.net/2008/11/in...iphone-3g.html

Last edited by nurkasih; 06-27-2010 at 12:42 AM.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:17 PM
Founder, PetFinder.my

AndyKoh has disabled reputation
Default Re: ZAGG invisibleSHIELD..pembalut laptop/phone

Hi Nurkasih,

Accidentally stumbled across this thread of yours.. I've been a user of Invisibleshield for the last 3 years, so thought I'd give you some feedback.

I've been using it for my iPhone since 3 years ago, and lately for my iPad. It's really good because it's invisible and does not affect the look of your device, and so far it has protected my phone fine. It has also saved me tons of time from wiping the fingerprints off the screen because oil does not stick much on it.

However, there are a few obvious problems that you should take note (that you won't read about at their website):

- The Full Body version is very hard to apply, especially at the edges. They now have a version called "Easy Install" - use that instead of the "Maximum Coverage" one. You can see the difference here: http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/...ns-shields.php

- The edges especially from Max Coverage version tend to collect dirt easily over time, and they will start to peel off and make your phone look ugly. I've tried to stick them back dozens of times and finally resorted to cutting away the peeling edges (and still doing so now).

- When you apply it, if there are dust or white tissue particles that are accidentally left on your surface, there's no way you can remove it after you stick on the shield. You'll have to live with that problem until you remove the shield for good (I actually used a black marker pen to dot on the shield to cover the white particles beneath it!).

- The shield's colour will turn yellowish over time. This is very noticeable at the aluminimium edges, which are very yellowish now on my phone and looks like some cheap dirty cellophane tape stuck to it.

- The protector does protect from big scratches and softens fall impact, but ironically, it can be easily distorted by just pressing it tightly against some keys or even a pen, which leaves a permanent distortion on the surface and can be very irritating because it will cause some obstruction to your screen (if the distortion is on the LCD surface). I had to throw away the previous one and buy a new one precisely for this reason, when I accidentally put it in my pouch against a pen.

- The shield increases your phone's thickness slightly, and your phone might not fit well into actual casings that you buy later on. So be sure to test out the casing after fitting in the invisibleshield.

- The surface is not as smooth anymore, and it feels slightly soft. You might not like its feel if you're used to the cold, smooth phone screen, and it might affect the smoothness of your motion when moving your fingers across the screen. Ironically, a little oil intentionally left on the surface now is what you need.

I'd recommend a hybrid application if you have a phone casing - buy the front invisibleshield to protect your screen, and for the rest of the parts, leave it to your casing to do the job.

For a person like me that dislikes casings and prefer the original look, you should go for the Easy Install version, but be prepared to tear it away and buy a new one every couple years.

For your info, I bought them on eBay US.

Last edited by AndyKoh; 07-19-2010 at 06:32 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:41 PM
~feline attaché

nurkasih is on a distinguished road

Wow Andy.. thanx alot. I did stumbled upon a shop selling it here , but they only have those for iphone and ipad. And it costs around RM250++ including installation.. Nway, thanks a lot.. Those really help..
Old 07-19-2010, 10:17 PM
Founder, PetFinder.my

AndyKoh has disabled reputation

I see.. I bought my iPhone one from eBay for about US$25 including shipping, which translates to about RM80. For the iPad one I bought it directly from Zagg's website (it was not available on eBay yet in April), where I got a 50% discount, so it was only $17 and add on USPS shipping total to $30.

Let me know how it goes if you decide to use it