Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Pet Welfare, Rescue & Adoption > Rescuers & Fosterers

Rescuers & Fosterers For rescuers and fosterers, the true heroes of PetFinder.my

Old 06-04-2009, 01:11 PM
Banned

ashleywong is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DBKL Came to My Apartment

since spca is totally out, then hopefully the fosterers who list themselves here will volunteer their help
Old 06-04-2009, 01:36 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default DBKL Came to My Apartment

The list of fosterers in PF?? That is only a joke.My friends did try ask for their help. Out of 20, only 2 are genuine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleywong View Post
since spca is totally out, then hopefully the fosterers who list themselves here will volunteer their help
Old 06-04-2009, 01:39 PM
Animal Lover

Yeah, I remember Lynie but this cats are feral.They are not use to human.I can't give them up for adoption They only come when I bring food and dissapear after that or linger around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynielime View Post
june!!
cage or carrier with string attached to door!! remember? it worked for me!!! we can catch your ferals that way. what do you think? want to try?
Old 06-04-2009, 01:51 PM
Animal Lover

Ruth,I'm just like you guys.Average middle income earner. If I have all the money in the world,the first thing I do is to buy hundred hectare of lands for cat nursery. But in reality, I don't have money

The feral cats don't have kitten.I have spay all of them.Now left 3 male cats.Very susah to catch them. But I might borrow my friend's badminton net to trap them. I do it in stages because i don't have much $$$$. I do thing one at the time.

One stranger who has been following our thread without become a member called me this morning with 1 temporary solution. I think her idea is brilliant. I'll update here once everything going on smoothly as per our plan.

Simple,mmg betul apa u cakap.I tak nafikan. Tetapi jiran2 I ni mmg bagus. Durang tlg I masa kucing terperangkap kat lift,kucing jatuh atas bumbung.Byk perkara perkara yg durang buat yg tak suspect durang yg komplen. Masa I gi maintenance office,budak kat office tu kata jiran sebelah I yg baru tu komplen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.ruth View Post
Hi June,

I understand how u feel 'cos I also got a visit from MPKJ. We were not at home then so they drop the summons in our letterbox. We suspect it was our neighbour 'cos i've dogs as well. We had to move some of our cats and dogs out.

Anyway, whatever it is, please do not send them to 'their centre in Setapak'. yeah, it's a one way journey. how i wish i can help u, but my no. has escalated to (oops, better not mention here). recently, i've taken in 3 families and many individuals. one is pregnant. i'm also fostering 2 kittens for Ashley, so my place is overflowing. puppies, too. i'm also having many urinary cases because of food, so it's a case of 'the spirit is willing, but the 'space and energy' is weak'. i'm putting up their pics for adoption soon.

One suggestion for u. Why don't u open a pet shop? Then those cats become ur boarding cats. That was one of the reasons we opened a pet shop. Just get a shop lot and start with boarding services first. those feral cats, do they have 'anak'? we always use the 'anak' to trap the mother.

another suggestion for u. why don't u approach Sabrina of FFF? she may be able to help. try it. for sure, it won't be 'they go in and never come out'. try her.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:12 PM
PetFinder Guru

rozzygee is on a distinguished road

June, my sympathy to u.. I really hope that i will not be in the same shoe as i am the only one in this community that have many cats and actually i have started doing the same thing as you are.. I have attracted few feral cats here by giving them food every morning.. Even the security guards knew this. At this very moment I kind of agree t.ruth response but there are pros and cons.. I will observe this thread and will see from there ..
Old 06-04-2009, 04:57 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog is my buddy View Post
Need to have a good relationship with neigbhour, do you think why they do complain to you first? you not think isn't too noise until they do report? or something wrong your relationship to public?
Clement, in many instances it is not our relationship with the neighbours at all. Some do have civil relationships (ie. no quarrels, got polite "Hi" and "How are you?", "Good morning", "Go market ah? What you buy?" ... but the truth is there are some people on this earth that simply cannot stand to see ANY cats or dogs even outside their gates (many are dog owners themselves, but I guess people like that own dogs for status symbol or must get a dog to bring some luck because it is the year of the dog, etc. etc).

They simply think that animals (except their dog) are nuisance to their environment and the whole world only belong to humans and insist on a nice, neat sterile neighbourhood free of any 4-legged animals.

That is why the modern non-kill SPCAs overseas had to do a lot of adult community awareness education programs on anti-cruelty towards animals in order to educate the community that animals are life forms of God's wonderful creation and they do have the right to live alongside humans in the community and it is humane to be compassionate towards them.

Having colonies of managed neutered and vaccinated strays which will not contribute to the strays population multiplication and they will have less likelihood of being sick with a myriad of diseases but will be healthier animals. But without the adult community awareness education program, TNR will fail. It has to be a 2-pronged action for it to be effective. Otherwise the local councils will catch all neutered as well as unneutered animals and kill them and all money and efforts will be wasted and you are back to square one.
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies

Last edited by FurKids; 06-04-2009 at 05:05 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:13 PM
CEO, EzerNET

Ezer has disabled reputation

June,

All I can say is that I am sorry to hear that this is happening to a good person who's only going out of her way to help our animal friends.

I am also at a loss on what to tell you... Everything seems to be stacked up against animals in this world.

I have a couple neighbors who also called the police on us before because we have 3 rottweillers...

Some people are just nasty and you just can't talk sense to them.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:19 PM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation

let go your rottweillers, when you see him on road. hahahahah I really sure will sense who dog coming to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezer View Post
June,

All I can say is that I am sorry to hear that this is happening to a good person who's only going out of her way to help our animal friends.

I am also at a loss on what to tell you... Everything seems to be stacked up against animals in this world.

I have a couple neighbors who also called the police on us before because we have 3 rottweillers...

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:58 PM
CEO, EzerNET

Ezer has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog is my buddy View Post
let go your rottweillers, when you see him on road. hahahahah I really sure will sense who dog coming to.
LOL, DIMB... one of my rott is tamer than a rabbit!
Old 06-04-2009, 07:46 PM
Animal Lover

Tks Ezer.You are right.why are they against animal?? What have they done to deserve this?? Why don't they themselves go to the jungle and live by themselves?? See weather the animal in the jungle accept them or not.

Ezer, I have tons of PM and phone calls from forumer friends and strangers who happened to be rescuer but non member of this forum. Now, I have some idea what to do.The only matter is to buy time from DBKL.That is my husband's job. I think he can handle that from the way he smooth talk to them last nite I have no patient with govt staff.

In the meantime,if you guys want to join me doing some "naughty things",you guys are welcome The problem is,we will start at 3am.

P/S Ezer, my neighbour in KK got 2 rotties. Aiyoh!! they let the dogs out without supervision,never train them.The dogs started to terrorizing the neighbourhood.My sister's former classmate was the latest victim Luckily she still alive.Stupid owner.My mum and sister went to make police report against the owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezer View Post
June,

Old 06-04-2009, 08:54 PM
PetFinder Wowwow

vivi is on a distinguished road

hi Kak June,
first of all
good luck to u too.
I have met this kind of neighbour but in another type of case.
It's really irritating and kinda fed up have this kind of neighbour.
Can't say we all 100% correct in every way but is it really hard to let us know politely?

and yes u r right kak june,
in kk, many still let their dog out without supervision.
very very irresponsible owner.
there are few road passers sometimes nearly got attack (usually at night).
Old 06-04-2009, 09:34 PM
PetFinder Buddy

moggies is on a distinguished road

ishh june,
one nasty neighbour u got there.
i wish i can help. not fostering though. i already have 16 in my tiny house. tolong tangkap2 kucing ka?
if you have 11 ferals to be saved, perhaps those who want to play a part to help can bring all bring a carrier/cage each and trap the cats together.
last time i checked, petfinder.my has more than 100 members registered as fosterers. i'm sure we can find a place for all 11 cats, feral or not.

u have my number, right?

www.moggiesplace.blogspot.com
Old 06-04-2009, 09:41 PM
mummycat

zahraannur is on a distinguished road

Ada juga orang yang macam tu kat dunia ni... Nasib baikla all my neighbours kat apartment ni suka kucing. we also ada Suzy, our apartments cat. Got 14 before this and i keep all of them in my apartment... so far belum ada visit from MPKj lagi... tapi manalah tahu, ada yang dengki2...
Old 06-04-2009, 09:42 PM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by moggies View Post
ishh june,
one nasty neighbour u got there.
i wish i can help. not fostering though. i already have 16 in my tiny house. tolong tangkap2 kucing ka?
if you have 11 ferals to be saved, perhaps those who want to play a part to help can bring all bring a carrier/cage each and trap the cats together.
last time i checked, petfinder.my has more than 100 members registered as fosterers. i'm sure we can find a place for all 11 cats, feral or not.

u have my number, right?
yea, than 100 members registered as fosterers, they might help, because everytime we heard many story how they help for public.

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:15 PM
PetFinder Guru

Simon is on a distinguished road

Hi June,

Could you raise a petition? And get all of your neighbours to sign it. The petition could explain your objectives and the rational behind the TNR program which you are implementing, perhaps referencing other such TNR programs operating in other parts of the world...

Once you have a petition of support from your neighbours you could see if any news papers are interested in your story, again another opportunity to pitch the TNR program as a progressive means of humanly addressing the stray population. If you could get the DBKL to sign the petition too, on the grounds of TNR, then extra kudos!

At this point you might get your local MP interested,

I don't know if this strategy would work here in Malaysia though, but...

Good luck!

Last edited by Simon; 06-04-2009 at 11:21 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:01 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Disinfect everything that you borrow ...

June, remember to disinfect all traps, cages and carriers that you borrow, especially the traps because the people who might lend you the traps (keep it secret, you do not want to get them into trouble) do not bother about diseases transfering across animals sebab kerja mereka adalah tangkap, tangkap dan tangkap sahaja, and what happens later is not their responsibility or concern.

Dilute 1 part Chlorox in 30 parts of water and spray all your equipment. Then basuh dengan sabun and rinse well with water because Chlorox is very toxic to the animals. Then put everything under hot sun for half an hour for the sun's UV to do the rest.
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 06-05-2009, 11:44 AM
Animal Lover

Default Disinfect everything that you borrow ...

Ok, bro.tp aku try not to borrow from themlah.leceh.aku ingat nak pakai net.

u know what?? last nite some hantu throw my feeding plate and water bowl dlm big bin kat bawah apartment kita org.suami aku cakap dah hilang.aku turun bawah dan ambil balik dari tong sampah,cuci bersih2 dan letak balik kat feeding station. celaka punya orang tu.klu aku nampak siapay yg buang aku potong tangan dia

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
June, remember to disinfect all traps, cages and carriers that you borrow, especially the traps because the people who might lend you the traps (keep it secret, you do not want to get them into trouble) do not bother about diseases transfering across animals sebab kerja mereka adalah tangkap, tangkap dan tangkap sahaja, and what happens later is not their responsibility or concern.

Dilute 1 part Chlorox in 30 parts of water and spray all your equipment. Then basuh dengan sabun and rinse well with water because Chlorox is very toxic to the animals. Then put everything under hot sun for half an hour for the sun's UV to do the rest.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:49 AM
Animal Lover

I don't think so Simon.Most residents here against are cats but not dog The strays I mentioned already neuter and I released them back to their area.Last nite someone throw away the bowl and plates I use to feed the strays in the bin. I dig the bin and clean it up. I put it back to the feeding station.This morning I asked the nice lady cleaner to help to hide it after the cats finish eating. I'll collect it back from her this evening after return from work.

Malaysia politician are only interested matter that involve big $$$$ Animal is not in their list. We can try but is a long battle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Hi June,

Could you raise a petition? And get all of your neighbours to sign it. The petition could explain your objectives and the rational behind the TNR program which you are implementing, perhaps referencing other such TNR programs operating in other parts of the world...

Once you have a petition of support from your neighbours you could see if any news papers are interested in your story, again another opportunity to pitch the TNR program as a progressive means of humanly addressing the stray population. If you could get the DBKL to sign the petition too, on the grounds of TNR, then extra kudos!

At this point you might get your local MP interested,

I don't know if this strategy would work here in Malaysia though, but...

Good luck!
Old 06-05-2009, 03:11 PM
.:: Baby, I dig you! ::.

Location: Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia, World of Animal Lurve...
BabyZee is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BabyZee

Siapa yang bangang sangat buang feeding utensils tu kak june? Suspect the same neighbour yang buat report ke? Zee tak fahamla kenapa nak dengki and busuk hati tak pasal2 ni, dahla baru pindah masuk, dorg duduk family ye kak june?
Harap kak june dapatla cari rumah baru untuk kucing2 tu semua, yang busuk hati tu zee berdoa harap dapat balasan setimpal satu hari nanti.
Old 06-05-2009, 03:21 PM
Animal Lover

bukan org yg sama.yg buang utensils tu dari tgkt 1.akak tau.dia pernah sound akak dulu.kita org gaduh besar.semalam akak pulang kerja kemas tempat feeding station tp bowl dan plate tinggal. nampak dia jenguk dari tgk 1.30 minutes later dah hilang. itu lg satu malaun akak nak carit tayar dan keta dia

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyZee View Post
Siapa yang bangang sangat buang feeding utensils tu kak june? Suspect the same neighbour yang buat report ke? Zee tak fahamla kenapa nak dengki and busuk hati tak pasal2 ni, dahla baru pindah masuk, dorg duduk family ye kak june?
Harap kak june dapatla cari rumah baru untuk kucing2 tu semua, yang busuk hati tu zee berdoa harap dapat balasan setimpal satu hari nanti.